Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: stoned drunk or straight?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 23, 2015 23:47

ha ha geordiestones, I'm guessing by your (former) party menu (and also your name) that you're english, right?

for all their downsides, the English sure know how to party!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 24, 2015 00:13

A great question that deserves an accurate answer:

November 30, 1981 = Drunk at 2:00pm doors, Straight by Showtime
Steel Wheels Tour = Smoothly Drunk
Voodoo Lounge Tour = Consistently Drunk
Bridges to Babylon Tour = Solidly Drunk
No Security Tour = Unpleasantly Drunk
Licks Tour = Drunk
(except the Detroit show when I went with my mom, then uncomfortably Straight)
Bigger Bang Tour = Straight
50 & Counting Tour = Straight
Zip Code Tour = Straight

I highly recommend sobriety.
cool smiley

But I wouldn't change a thing on this wild Rolling Stones' ride.
winking smiley

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 24, 2015 00:22

There was a time when I couldn't imagine listening to music without getting stoned, or doing much of anything else for that matter. It's been three years since I last smoked dope or drank and only now am I really getting the same feeling at concerts and listening to music that I had back in the innocent days of my teens before I ever drank and smoked at all. It's beautiful to have that young innocent feeling again. It's not exactly the same as when I was 16, but it's closer than I ever thought I could get.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 24, 2015 00:35

pain killers right before miss you

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 00:55

The first time I saw them, on the B2B Tour, I was a teenager and a little wild. So I walked into Texas Motor Speedway with a half ounce of pre-rolled joints that we smoked with the people around us. As a result, my memory of that night is a little spotty. I mean, I can remember a lot, and a lot of details, but it's kind of hazy at times.

I'd never carry any weed into a show these days though. It's kind of a different scene, lots of kids around at any band I go see. My section at AT&T especially, there would have been no smoking a half ounce that night. You can't tell by looking, but not a lot of people looked like they would have been cool with it. Plus there were all kinds of kids around, and the guy next to me was holding a toddler. Lighting up a joint would have been as discrete as getting high in the middle of a Walmart. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you guys with your kids. I can have my tobacco and whatever else before and after the show, I go longer between cigarette breaks at work than I do at a Stones show.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 00:55

What kind?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:05

Straight, ALWAYS to be able to enjoy every note! A little weed is ok, although I haven't done that in quite awhile. My very first Stones concert ever was July 1972, Boston Garden; I was with my boyfriend and our seat was up one level, stage left. We sat next to 2 young guys who drank Jack D all the way through Stevie Wonder, plus weed...by show time they were passed out and we used their awesome binoculars all night! We thought they were idiots because they spent the entire show slumped in their seats, passed out!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:16

A speedball and a blowjob usually does the trick.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:27

andrewt
Spark one up as the house lights go down.
Additional spliff during Midnight Rambler, or as required.
Beer run during Doom N Gloom and Miss You.

My man.......This.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:35

peoplewitheyes
ha ha geordiestones, I'm guessing by your (former) party menu (and also your name) that you're english, right?

for all their downsides, the English sure know how to party!
Yep i'm a northern English monkey!!drinking smiley

Date: June 24, 2015 01:40

alright man! i'm south-western English, but now reside in central Mexico. That line-up you mentioned sounds pretty much like my 20s in the UK...

Not that people here don't know how to party, mind...

drinking smileysmoking smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:45

andrewt

Almost exactly my system. Only a couple of beers leading up to the show as I do not want to be running to the bathroom all night. Spark up when the house lights go down. Beer run during D&G. Here is where I vary from your plan. Spark up again during Keith's set so I am just right for Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:02

1989 tour - A Fear And Loathing Car Trunk

1994 tour- Just Excessive Amounts Mushrooms, Beers and Weed

1997-2005 tours - Only Beers , Airplanes Bottles and Weed

2005 Tour - A Fear And Loathing Car Trunk.

2012- Present tour - Sober ( And Better Shows IMO) It has been especially fun to revisit places I saw the Stones pre 2012.

Date: June 24, 2015 02:10

what's an airplane bottle, Stoneshood?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:13

Thrylan
andrewt

My man.......This.

Good too see ya back here Thrylan.
I remember you keeping in real in 2013.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:17

Kennedy
andrewt

Almost exactly my system. Only a couple of beers leading up to the show as I do not want to be running to the bathroom all night. Spark up when the house lights go down. Beer run during D&G. Here is where I vary from your plan. Spark up again during Keith's set so I am just right for Midnight Rambler.

Brilliant! That's totally the way to go.

Date: June 24, 2015 02:19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 02:21 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:28

I just try to match my intoxication as close to that of the band as possible. It's been a journey and I've been keeping up. smoking smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:51

mickschix
Straight, ALWAYS to be able to enjoy every note! A little weed is ok, although I haven't done that in quite awhile. My very first Stones concert ever was July 1972, Boston Garden; I was with my boyfriend and our seat was up one level, stage left. We sat next to 2 young guys who drank Jack D all the way through Stevie Wonder, plus weed...by show time they were passed out and we used their awesome binoculars all night! We thought they were idiots because they spent the entire show slumped in their seats, passed out!

Perfect. You're my hero!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 24, 2015 03:08

when I went to the Brisbane show Voodoo Lounge concert I took 20 pre rolled joints in to the show.

when the stones came on I lit up I tried to share my joints with other people and they were not interested.so I somked away by myself.

Voodoo Lounge was my 1st Stones concert

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: June 24, 2015 03:12

peoplewitheyes
what's an airplane bottle, Stoneshood?

Mini's . Little Liquor/Whiskey/Vodka etc. Bottles of any brand You like. You can purchase at the ABC(Liquor Store) Easy to carry into the show. Traditionally served on Airplanes with Your mixer.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 24, 2015 04:23

Straight - have never smoked anything, don't want to waste good listening time on bathroom breaks, and like to be fully able to enjoy the show and remember it afterwards. I get quite high enough on the music, thanks.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 24, 2015 04:37

it is too bad that Hunter S. Thompson is gone because he would have written a nice gonzo styled paragraph to answer that question. For me it's bourbon with few ice cubes; don't like too much liquid, just looking for the buzz.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 04:40

Green Lady
Straight - have never smoked anything, don't want to waste good listening time on bathroom breaks, and like to be fully able to enjoy the show and remember it afterwards. I get quite high enough on the music, thanks.

Same here. Though I do like to have a few drinks, usually just wine, before the show. But that's it. First because I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking, and second, because I also don't want to have to think about needing to use the bathroom. I do like to keep a water bottle nearby in case I get thirsty. I'm sorta addicted to water. That's my big vice, lol.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: June 24, 2015 06:34

I quit smoking weed almost 30 years ago, but even when I did I generally enjoyed the shows I've seen without smoking than those where I did (applies to all bands, not just Stones).

I like to get a nice little buzz going with beer, but I really don't understand the point of getting hammered. I want to remember the music and the experience, and, frankly, I can carry a post show music buzz for weeks if a show is good enough.

Date: June 24, 2015 11:41

I don't mean any offence but you are all a bunch of amateurs.

Sex, Drugs and The Rolling Stones.

Thanks.

Tim

Date: June 24, 2015 13:46

Straight drunk.

Date: June 24, 2015 14:14

on what?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:16

Straight. Always.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:21

From4tilLate
There was a time when I couldn't imagine listening to music without getting stoned, or doing much of anything else for that matter. It's been three years since I last smoked dope or drank and only now am I really getting the same feeling at concerts and listening to music that I had back in the innocent days of my teens before I ever drank and smoked at all. It's beautiful to have that young innocent feeling again. It's not exactly the same as when I was 16, but it's closer than I ever thought I could get.

As an ex smoker, I completely agree with you. How much better music sounds when you're not stoned and you can remember what you've heard.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1287
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home