Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Columbus obstructed seats, Sec 25A, Ticketmaster Investigation
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:02

Clairifikashuns and Korrekshuns - TM referred this to the venue who have now offered to refund ticket price in full, excluding TM service charges, which I will now pursue separately and with single-minded devotion. [Ta Da!]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:25

Good for them!
Sorry getting to that point caused so much frustration but I'm glad you got your Ta Da

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 22:28 by with sssoul.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:35

Glad you pursued this (and will continue to do so through TM). Utter BS to sell top dollar seats without a full view of all performers. I think we'll be OK in Raleigh, but I'll be checking to ensure I can see Charlie's kit before the opener hits the stage. I mean his drum kit :-)

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:07

SomeTorontoGirl
Clairifikashuns and Korrekshuns - TM referred this to the venue who have now offered to refund ticket price in full, excluding TM service charges, which I will now pursue separately and with single-minded devotion. [Ta Da!]

Outstanding!

FYI; At Milwaukee last night, I got to my seat to find a post directly in line with the center of the stage; now this is fairly typical of US ampitheaters but i thought I'd see what customer service would do;
They moved me to a disabled area more central and further forward than my original seat and they were very pleasant about doing so.
Always works to ask!

Date: June 25, 2015 00:17

Nice jrcjohnny99! I thought mine might be a tad obstructed when I first got there too, I was a few seats to the right of a post, but it blocked my view of Chuck and I decided to remain silent in case that incurred a surcharge... grinning smiley

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:17

I told you. Money. Ta Da. Eat the fees. You heard the music isn't that worth something?

Let me go.

Thanks.

Tim

Date: June 25, 2015 00:51

Sorry Lips, I don't quite see it that way. I drove 10 hours each way and paid for 2 nights in a hotel for an excellent seat to see the Stones, based on their published seating chart. They moved the goalposts. I would never have spent that time and money for that ticket had I known. I lost much more than simply the cost of the tickets. Ticketmaster, as the vendor / agent has a responsibility to provide customer service and support. Their policy is reproduced below. Note that nowhere does it say that tickets will be as represented, but it does promise fans "...an incredible experience. * Certain exceptions apply."

Their reps are very difficult to reach by phone, I had to follow up 3 times after making my complaint due to their failure to respond, they initially declined to provide any remedy until I strongly pressed the issue, they demonstrated bad faith until the very end when the venue ponied up, they put every conceivable obstruction in the way of a good faith and timely resolution. So, have they earned their service charge? Certainly my encounters with them were unsullied by any kind of customer service.

In my past life, I believe I was a dog with a bone.

Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee
We sell official tickets straight from the artists, teams, and venues. All of our tickets are 100% verified to be real. The seat you buy is the seat you get.
We verify every ticket resold in our fan-to-fan resale marketplace. When you buy from fans and other sellers you don't get someone's old ticket, we reissue a new one just for you.
We give you three days to change your mind. All tickets for participating venues and teams are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until one week before the event.*
We'll exchange your tickets if you find better ones. Get a refund on your original purchase when you buy new tickets from us of equal or higher price for participating venues and teams, up until one week before the event.*
We'll refund your money if an event is canceled. Get automatic refunds for canceled events - and upon request if an event is rescheduled and you can't make it.*
We let you know exactly where you're buying tickets. You'll always be informed if we send you to a partner site for more ticket buying options.
We're here for you when you need us. Contact us anytime with questions or problems, our fan support team is here to ensure you have an incredible experience.
*Certain exceptions apply.

Date: June 25, 2015 01:00

Ok STG. My question remains. What do you want. What will make you happy. I promise you there is a price. Decide on it and go for it. Your money back is not enough. You want more. Fine, I understand more. Define what you want, in a monetary way and tell TM and the college owned venue how much you want. Be reasonable and I bet you get...

SATISFACTION.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:11

Yes, not only did you get stung but you missed much of the gig. I once had a similar experience at Twickenham but was fortunate enough to get it sorted on the night. They don't make it easy for you though. My post from that night is here [www.iorr.org]

Date: June 25, 2015 01:50

Simple. Full refund on service charges too.

Date: June 25, 2015 03:13

How much are the service charges. Every one on IORR could PayPal you a few cents and the case can be closed to your SAFISFACTION.

You may now enjoy the rest of the Zip Code tour.

Welcome to the breakfast show.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 25, 2015 03:36

nice work on the refund. got stuck behind the stage facia on bigger bang at an arena show at the united center. luckily i found out about about customer service and relocating flawed seats from the fleetcenter. got moved and had a great show.

ticketmaster gave way less than good service on those newark tickets for $1200 a pop. solved the problem myself but those idiots never stepped up. an effing $1200 ticket and the only thing i could get was 18 year old idiots who had never heard of the rolling stones.

call every day until you get what you want. don't swear at them (abuse, they will hang up) and remember they can not hang up on you. always get a name and an employee ID.

and dude with the free advice. why don't you let her live her life? poor ticketmaster getting picked on?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:28

SomeTorontoGirl
They moved the goalposts.

That seems to be the big issue from my perspective. I can't imagine there aren't hundreds of other people who were also affected by that action.

The are usually very good at predicting these types of things and having alternative seating available for anyone who requests it. It really is too bad you didn't deal with the issue at the time, it would have likely taken much less energy and frustration than you are putting into it now. lesson learned, I'm sure.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you get the issue resolved STG, there have been some good suggestions on here, probably the best were the ones involving media. Looking at it from TM's perspective the incentive to actually resolve the issue has to exceed the potential liability of doing absolutely nothing.

Have you tried contacting the promoter directly? They certainly have much sway with TM and could probably resolve the issue fairly quickly. Hope you end up getting a refund AND some front center tickets to another show on the tour.Good Luck.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:52

Good for you STG. It's unfortunate that you have to go to so much trouble to get Ticketmaster to do something that seems so logical.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:56

I noticed that Ticketmaster has lots of seats for Buffalo labeled 'obstructed view' at the back of the stadium opposite the stage. Looks like behind some speaker towers or light towers. Nice of them to at least label them so buyers could decide whether to deal with an constructed view. Kind of funny that the obstructed view seats are the exact same price as the un-obstructed seats were in the same sections.

The sections closest to the sides of the stage show seats are what could be being angles much like STG describes. I would be at least as upset as STG was if I were sitting in one of those seats for $400+ (or any money) without it being disclosed they were obstructed.

I saw a show recently at Massey Hall in Toronto. Great venue. And very honest seating chart with what was obstructed and what was not.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 25, 2015 17:31

buffalo7478
I noticed that Ticketmaster has lots of seats for Buffalo labeled 'obstructed view' at the back of the stadium opposite the stage. Looks like behind some speaker towers or light towers. Nice of them to at least label them so buyers could decide whether to deal with an constructed view. Kind of funny that the obstructed view seats are the exact same price as the un-obstructed seats were in the same sections.

The sections closest to the sides of the stage show seats are what could be being angles much like STG describes. I would be at least as upset as STG was if I were sitting in one of those seats for $400+ (or any money) without it being disclosed they were obstructed.

I saw a show recently at Massey Hall in Toronto. Great venue. And very honest seating chart with what was obstructed and what was not.

New York law requires disclosure, I believe, so hopefully those side seats in Buffalo will not be obstructed. Frankly, having heard STG's story, I wouldn't take a chance.

Date: June 25, 2015 17:53

...and TM is refunding the service charges in full. While talking with the rep, I mentioned my pending Buffalo seats, in Sec 131, are nearly as bad as Columbus was, and since bought early, no similar or acceptable seat really available now (I would have taken floor instead, had I known), so they are going to see what they can scare up for me via their contact at the venue. Really don't want to have to sit on their website waiting for the last minute ticket dump that we all know is coming... Grrrr... why can't "best available" be the best available??? I guess this is what they call a First World Problem. Life could be a lot worse. But still... dammit!

Date: June 25, 2015 19:00

You got everything you asked for. Move on have a good time for the rest of the tour.

Don't you think we need a women's touch to make it come alive.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:58

Wow 3 pages and no one blames the actual Rolling Stones.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:20

vertigojoe
Wow 3 pages and no one blames the actual Rolling Stones.

I'm sure this outrageous scandal perpetrated on STG (and others, undoubtedly) is a conspiracy from the mind of the cold-hearted businessman Mick Jagger to swindle an honest, hard-working fan base out of hundreds of dollars just to line his pockets a little more, knowing that fans wouldn't willingly pay as much for an obstructed view as an unobstructed one...

(Just kidding, everyone, and a bane on TM for their slow, blame-shifting actions)

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: June 26, 2015 03:40

washed up high upon the beach.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:06

Still think you should have done something about it, at the venue. But great job at sticking to that scumbag company!

Date: June 26, 2015 17:20

MingSubu
Still think you should have done something about it, at the venue. But great job at sticking to that scumbag company!

Now that I remember, I know what I was doing before the show started. As I recall, I had to pee. Because it's an NFL Stadium and I Am A Girl, that was an ordeal of more than a half hour. And I'm kinda scarred for life because of it. Another thing the venue should address, but I'll rest on my laurels. For now.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 26, 2015 17:29

The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has several other options under the identity theft reporting which can be used to report. Keep at it.

Date: June 26, 2015 17:43

shattered
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has several other options under the identity theft reporting which can be used to report. Keep at it.
what in the hell are you talking about. no one said anything about identity theft. the girl could not see. she wanted her money back. she got it. case closed. Move on

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 18:20

SomeTorontoGirl
...and TM is refunding the service charges in full. While talking with the rep, I mentioned my pending Buffalo seats, in Sec 131, are nearly as bad as Columbus was, and since bought early, no similar or acceptable seat really available now (I would have taken floor instead, had I known), so they are going to see what they can scare up for me via their contact at the venue. Really don't want to have to sit on their website waiting for the last minute ticket dump that we all know is coming... Grrrr... why can't "best available" be the best available??? I guess this is what they call a First World Problem. Life could be a lot worse. But still... dammit!

Great!
Good luck for Buffalo hope they hook you up!

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 14:10

See you in Buffalo!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home