Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Columbus obstructed seats, Sec 25A, Ticketmaster Investigation
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:29

The steam is coming out of my ears as I type this. We were seated in Sec 25a in Columbus, seats exactly perpendicular to front of stage. We could not see anything behind the front strip of the stage, and people seated to the right of us could see less. If this was you, read on...

We could not see Charlie, any of the band or singers, only Mick, Keith and Ronnie when they were on the front strip of the stage. After I returned home I contacted Ticketmaster to ask why these weren't sold as obstructed view. I was told they would initiate an investigation and respond. Two follow up calls later, I had nothing so called again this afternoon. After 38 minutes waiting, I was finally told that an investigation had denied my request for a rebate. I was given the name and contact info for the investigator, and when I called he told me he had concluded his investigation and informed me by voice mail on June 11th. No such message ever received. I spoke with his supervisor, told both of them that I had been to gigs in Nashville and Pittsburgh and have photos of the same sections, empty and unsold. I was told that the venue advised them that the Stones moved the stage forward in Columbus, resulting in the compromised seats and that the venue made an effort to move people. Not the people filling the section! Nobody came around. It was full. I went up one side and down the other of the manager, and asked for written confirmation of the results of the investigation - now he starts to waffle. He will again reach out to the venue. I told him I still want it in writing. I told him I've done investigations proflesionally, and when Ticketmaster tells me they have "concluded" theirs, I will follow up very aggressively on my own. So he's gonna make a call. I told him I want a full refund at this point, not just a rebate on the seat but for wasting nearly an hour of my time today - my 3rd follow up - and that a monopoly on ticket sales does not give them the right to provide lousy customer service.

If you had this issue, feel free to message me and I'll give you names and phone numbers. This is absolutly unconscionable garbage. [Gnashing teeth.]

Re: Columbus obstructed seats, Sec 25A, Ticketmaster Investigation
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:34

Good girl! -- glad you are not letting go of this. I bet you'll prevail, but as you say, it would help if others chime in too.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:43

That really sucks, but may I ask why you weren't more aggressive on the night of the show? We didn't particularly like our lucky dips in either Columbus or Pittsburgh, went to customer service and were offered different seats which we gladly accepted in Pittsburgh, in Columbus they were about equal to what we already had. The girl last weekend in Pittsburgh was so nice that she actually walked us to the new seats.

Date: June 22, 2015 21:47

(1) It wasn't evident how bad it was until they took to the stage.
(2) Didn't want to spend the concert in the bowels of the venue arguing with a bunch of people on the off chance that there would be assistance available.

And, really, it was our fault? The ENTIRE SECTION would have been out there battling for better tickets if we had known how bad it was before the lights went down. You work for TM, AEG or the venue?

They moved the stage! Why didn't they move the audience too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 21:49 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:54

Although I'll bet SomeTorontoGirl already does this, a great way to get, how shall we say, "better than average" customer service, is to REQUEST to have your call recorded. Ask for the person's FULL NAME, their operator ID number and their manager's FULL NAME and ID number. Do all of this before you even address your problem. Typically you'll have the person you're talking to so nervous that they'll be willing to do anything they can to help you before they even know what the problem is!

Good luck SomeTorontoGirl!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 22, 2015 21:58

TM gives first name only, no last name or ID number. You're right - I asked! And they don't like being asked for written confirmation by email either.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:00

What was it that was blocking your view?

Date: June 22, 2015 22:08

Stage was moved forward, so I guess the structure of the back of the stage? Plus, the speakers, etc, sitting on the sides of the front of the stage were very large and draped off and basically smack in front of us. So there was a strip maybe 10 feet wide viewable from the side, everything that was behind that strip of stage, i.e. the backup singers and musicians and Charlie were shielded from view. Whenever Mick, Keith or Ronnie stepped back off that front strip of stage...gone. And Keith has seemed to spend a lot of time kinda glued to Charlie and his kit, so invisible much of the time. In case you're wondering about the video screens, they were perpendicular to us so not visible... not that I drove 10 hours and paid for a hotel room on top of a top price ticket to watch the Stones on a video screen. God, how I hope Ticketmaster is reading this, as well as the responsible weasel at the venue and AEG...

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:14

I think calling is much less effective than finding email addresses of TM management and messaging them via social media. That leaves a written trail, either showing their action or inaction.

If you take what you have written above and send it to them via Facebook message I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a response. And if you don't get one, post it directly on the TM Facebook wall.

Date: June 22, 2015 22:20

Great suggestion - thanks. They tried to blame the venue but, as I pointed out, I don't have a contractual relationship with the venue, I have one with TM. THEY have a relationship with the venue, it is up to TM to make it right with me and follow up with the venue as they see fit.

Am still grouchy as all hell about this. TM should know I have endless stamina and persistence.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:18

SomeTorontoGirl
Great suggestion - thanks. They tried to blame the venue but, as I pointed out, I don't have a contractual relationship with the venue, I have one with TM. THEY have a relationship with the venue, it is up to TM to make it right with me and follow up with the venue as they see fit.

Am still grouchy as all hell about this. TM should know I have endless stamina and persistence.

Stick with this, stadium shows can be tough for this;
in an arena the customer service staff there will always find a way to reseat you, they get those requests at every show, but in a situation like Columbus where they hadn't had a show for years that's obviously quite different.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:26

I see. That's outrageous. How much was the ticket?

Date: June 22, 2015 23:27

Ticket was top price, close to $400 US.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:29

Go SomeTorontoGirl! The advice about contacting them via Facebook is excellent -
in a similar situation in 2013 that was the route that got the perps' responsive attention.
I'm sorry you had that crappy experience and hope this gets resolved in a satisfying way.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:32

Seconding Weinerdog, if I've got a complaint I do everything in writing, it does take longer but that method doesn't allow for any "unfortunate lapses in memory" on their part about what's been said by either party..............sounds like you might be changing your username to SomeTornadoGirl.......grinning smiley ....good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 23:32 by EddieByword.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:34

I had something similar at one of the 02 concerts, they offered me the booking fees back.

I hope you persist and come out with something better than me.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:37

Wow, I'd be pissed off, too, if I paid that much for a ticket and had an obstructed view! It's weird how major bands like the Stones don't design better stadium stages so people on the sides can view everything like an arena setup. I realize you need alot more speakers for a stadium but there should be some way.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:39

I was in 25AA and same impression! Now, I was right at the end of the runway so it had its advantages but when I bought them, they were shown to be back with full view so I was surprised.

Also, I often buy this tickets normally marked obstructed for past tours but they are usually half price ($180 -- there seem to be none of those this tour).

Date: June 23, 2015 00:54

EddieByword
...sounds like you might be changing your username to SomeTornadoGirl.......grinning smiley

I resemble that remark! grinning smiley

Little Queenie, I've seen tickets in Milwaukee marked as Obstructed on StubHub, but not sure what the retail price was, there doesn't seem to be a discount, just a footnote.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:19

EddieByword
Seconding Weinerdog, if I've got a complaint I do everything in writing, it does take longer but that method doesn't allow for any "unfortunate lapses in memory" on their part about what's been said by either party..............sounds like you might be changing your username to SomeTornadoGirl.......grinning smiley ....good luck

Definitely in writing . ,. . a real letter, not an email. Threaten to bring the matter to the consumer frauds division of your state's attorney general. Send the letter certified mail RRR. If you don't get satisfaction, that is where to file your complaint.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:24

I remember Newark new jersey dec 13 2012 I paid 900 a piece for upper level on keiths side and couldn't even see the screens we were so upset spending that much and driving from Columbus,i think they were that much cause vip but all we got was a tote bag lanyard and book,i should have done something but wasn't sure at the time..i hope you are triumphant in this Toronto girl.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:34

Some toronto girl; I was in sec 23A. The next section to your left. The angle was no where near what was shown. It was even tough for my wife and I to see. I couldn't understand how people in 25A could see the show.
If you look at The Pittburg seating chart it shows section 138 and 107 for sale. Both section were closed for the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 02:47 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: June 23, 2015 02:36

Thanks MoreHotRocks, that may be very helpful in my further dealings... Bandits.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 23, 2015 05:20

i bought tickets in 25aa and started to worry about this very issues so I dumped them for a loss, after I had asked to exchange them. Glad I did, what BS to pay that much and have little to no view

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:34

Yes, not too much to say now as I am in Milwaukee, hoping to catch some zzzs, but I was right next to STG. When buying the tix the angle shown was much different, from right next to the stage and above it. Those can be good seats, as in Newark, but not in this case with the video screens and the speakers. It was as if the entire affair was boxed off, literally and we could only see a small section of it. These seats were over 400.00, true, top price.

I admire your persistence. Of course you can add my gmail address to the complaint. Thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:43

Ask TM for a paid staff position.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:48

SomeTorontoGirl
Ticket was top price, close to $400 US.

This is crazy. Anyone who pays $400 or $300 or $200 should have a clear view of the stage. I think we can all agree here. What do I or we need to do to help your cause?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:07

Sucks that your tickets were misrepresented. Why didn't you go to customer relations before the Stones came on?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:25

MingSubu
Sucks that your tickets were misrepresented. Why didn't you go to customer relations before the Stones came on?

This probably is the correct thing to do. But in reality who has the time to do this before the show? Honestly, it would never occur to me that such an office
existed.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:30

You have the entire opening band's set and then a half hour till the Stones come on. Unless it was their first concert, they should have realized what was up.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home