Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: Pittsburgh PA USA 20-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 20:30

dcba
Thrylan
D&G through PIB just about grounded the whole thing. Especially MM......awful! Mick should consider that sometimes the blank stares in the audience are boredom. To include Bitch in the SF "set" stinks as it is practically a warhorse.
Ironically, JJF, IORR and MR were the high points.

YCAGWYW is terrible encore material. French Horns and choirs.......it's not a funeral.

My son enjoyed it

Maybe HE should have written a review... grinning smiley

Lol....true. The musicianship last night was stellar. Keith was clowning and running, Mick was Mick.....Ronnie was the best player on the stage- tore it up on MR. Hell, Mick made more flubs than Keith!!! However, 2 of my sons observations struck me. He is 20, grown up on Stones, but he is young, many and varied in taste. I thought we, especially he, would dig D&G. I have defended it as "had to be there" on here before- not so. It just misses the mark. The second interesting thing to me was, he loves the studio YCAGWYW, but after the show he commented he thought it was out of place in the encore- I agreed. The experience of taking my son to his first show on fathers day eve, is a memory I will always remember and enjoy- He really got into Ronnie.

He did make another good point, He likes PIB, but felt it's better served on record- I explained the song vote, "rigged" theory- Pittsburgh=Steelers=Black and Gold ......"Black", Paint it Black...etc.... Then he answers, Stones played Rough Justice at Superbowl XL halftime, the Steelers won SB XL, should have played RJ!!! Lol, love where his head is.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:05

It was kind of rude and bizzarre when Keith interrupted Mick and launched into Satisfaction. I wonder what that was all about? Keith anxious to finish, completely oblivious and having a senior moment or actually trying to exert some control over Mick with his instrument?

I tend to think it was just Keith on automatic mode, when he gets his fingers on the right frets to start the song, he's just used to hitting the GO button and he did. His fingers were in place shortly before Mick started the Thanks in any case. Always a bit of pressure on him with those "out there alone" intros and probably just an unintentional mistake on his part.

And I'm not sure if Mick needed a bit of a rest or was just pissed, but it sure affected his performance of the tune. Be your own judge but imo something is definitely wrong. Not the best sound quality on this vid, sorry.

Also does Mick sing "Girl Reaction" or "Girly Action" these days? He has been quoted that the original lyrics were Girl Reaction but I'm still always hearing Girly Action. Thanks.

[www.youtube.com]

peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:13

I don't think so. It looks like Keith thought Sir Michael was done with the talking. I don't think it was Keith's intention to stump the Commander.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:28

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
thehighwayterror
why do they keep playing Doom and Gloom ?

Please give us a Monkey Man or a 2000 Light Years or a Ruby Tuesday .......

Why shouldn't they? Love it.

It's a disastrous mess when they play it, if they could play it with some swing, then I would have no problem with it, but now they're just rushing though it.

No, it isn't. Far from it. But Mick saves his voice. That's another matter.

The playing and the swing is fine.

I don't hear any swing or groove at all. They're playing it way too fast, which makes it impossible to create that suggestive groove which the studio recording has. So yea, it's definitely a mess. Doesn't make it better that Mick is saving his voice, or not even trying as I think, kind of reminds me of how Love Is Strong never worked in concert, Mick is just shouting through the lyrics and the band is farting out some kind of weak recreation of what used to be a song. Awful. Love the studio version though.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:54

This is the reality. They put on a great show that's
consistently entertaining. No musical breakthroughs
but occasionally some glimmer of greatness from the past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 22:39 by Brstonesfan.

Date: June 21, 2015 21:58

Keith really was clowning all night long, I honestly had the impression he was just f#$@-ing with Mick.......like friends do.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:07

Audience loved the show. Mick was a master. Minor glitches may have frustrated Mick--he left quickly, waving backwards, but crowd got what they came for--a great Stones party. Mick seemed to have trouble with his ear piece on Satisfaction, but like the pros they are, it was fine. The fun part of live shows are the unexpected things. If you want a perfect show, watch a filmed and edited show. We chose and loved and got satisfaction from the live show. Keith jumped the gun. He just forgot. It happens. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, right?! It's only rock n roll.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:51

Is there more than one litho / poster design for Pittsburgh like there is for other cities? Want to know before I order one.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:55

dcba
Thrylan
D&G through PIB just about grounded the whole thing. Especially MM......awful! Mick should consider that sometimes the blank stares in the audience are boredom. To include Bitch in the SF "set" stinks as it is practically a warhorse.
Ironically, JJF, IORR and MR were the high points.

YCAGWYW is terrible encore material. French Horns and choirs.......it's not a funeral.

My son enjoyed it

Maybe HE should have written a review... grinning smiley

Lol, good one Dcba.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:57

Stoneage
I don't think so. It looks like Keith thought Sir Michael was done with the talking. I don't think it was Keith's intention to stump the Commander.

Agree, I believe Keith really did think Mick was done talking and definitely don't think he did it intentionally.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:58

Great show last night and Mother Nature stopped the rain just before the show.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:08

During Happy it sounded like Keith changed the lyric to "when I can f*ck all night long". Did anybody else hear it like that? Has he ever done this before??? What a great show!

update: already on youtube. I definately hear "f*uck". I was watching the video screen closely during the Pittsburgh show and his mouth definately looked like that's what he was singing, too. Maybe this is normal and I never noticed before.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 23:14 by josepi.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:12

Naturalust
It was kind of rude and bizzarre when Keith interrupted Mick and launched into Satisfaction. I wonder what that was all about? Keith anxious to finish, completely oblivious and having a senior moment or actually trying to exert some control over Mick with his instrument?

I tend to think it was just Keith on automatic mode, when he gets his fingers on the right frets to start the song, he's just used to hitting the GO button and he did. His fingers were in place shortly before Mick started the Thanks in any case. Always a bit of pressure on him with those "out there alone" intros and probably just an unintentional mistake on his part.

And I'm not sure if Mick needed a bit of a rest or was just pissed, but it sure affected his performance of the tune. Be your own judge but imo something is definitely wrong. Not the best sound quality on this vid, sorry.

Also does Mick sing "Girl Reaction" or "Girly Action" these days? He has been quoted that the original lyrics were Girl Reaction but I'm still always hearing Girly Action. Thanks.

[www.youtube.com]

peace

I really love the Stones and I watch every concert in videos, but that is the worst Satisfaction I heard since 2012. Mick is just singing completely out of key. But I can understand it pissed him off..

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:23

Thrylan
Keith really was clowning all night long, I honestly had the impression he was just f#$@-ing with Mick.......like friends do.

If he really wanted to tick off the Mick, he'd grab that hat, toss it to Ronnie, and have a game of "Monkey In The Middle".

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:23

custom55
Great show last night and Mother Nature stopped the rain just before the show.

No Keith's rain stick stopoped the rain just before the show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:30

StonedRambler
Naturalust

[www.youtube.com]

peace

I really love the Stones and I watch every concert in videos, but that is the worst Satisfaction I heard since 2012. Mick is just singing completely out of key. But I can understand it pissed him off..

He also seems to be having trouble with his earpiece (around 1:15).

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:36

Yea - I've gotta say it seems like it really did throw mick out - he just couldn't find the melody all the way through - I felt really awkward watching him battle to find the key of the song... I think he did the same with GOMC in one of the shows down under - and I'm not sure it's been played since! Not suggesting that will happen with satisfaction though!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:22

GJB
Yea - I've gotta say it seems like it really did throw mick out - he just couldn't find the melody all the way through - I felt really awkward watching him battle to find the key of the song... I think he did the same with GOMC in one of the shows down under - and I'm not sure it's been played since! Not suggesting that will happen with satisfaction though!

You Are right, GOOMC at perth

Wonder what's the reason for that.. At some concerts this year Mick seemed to had a similar problem at GS

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:26

Just when Keith is getting back to some decent playing (as in, hope he doesn't mess up again) although he sounded even better a couple of shows ago, Mick seems to be "losing" it somehow, he's been out of key for most of the first parts of GS for several shows now and Satisfaction was "off" in Pittsburgh (for whatever reason). I guess there are so many times in a row you can put up a great show when pretty much everything rests on your shoulders and you're pushing 72...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:32

An off night for sure but still enjoying hearing it back. 1st average gig of this tour.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:31

Just got in from Pittsburgh my 43rd show. First was MSG 1975 almost 40 years to the day. Sat in section 115 back Ronny's side. Had 3 daughters, wife, and 3 son-in-laws with us. I have to say I was really disappointed. Help me hears folks the sound was horrible! I couldn't tell when songs were ending. Bitch a song that rocks sucked. I'm sorry guys. First time in my life giving the boys a bad review. That show was not very good. Still my favorite band and the Greatest Rock and Roll band in the world.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:35

gotdablouse
Just when Keith is getting back to some decent playing (as in, hope he doesn't mess up again) although he sounded even better a couple of shows ago, Mick seems to be "losing" it somehow, he's been out of key for most of the first parts of GS for several shows now and Satisfaction was "off" in Pittsburgh (for whatever reason). I guess there are so many times in a row you can put up a great show when pretty much everything rests on your shoulders and you're pushing 72...[/quote
You're only as good as your equipment. If earpiece not working and you can't hear yourself, you struggle to find the key. Everything was alright, tho. Not a big deal.

Date: June 22, 2015 01:39

Naturalust

[www.youtube.com]

peace

Remember that the musicians without in ear monitors not necessarily hear everything that is said on stage.

This has happened multiple times. TD in HP1 springs to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 01:46 by DandelionPowderman.

"Incredible"
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:44

I just flew to NYC from Pittburgh: half the plane seemed to be returning after the concert, and most had seen none or one or two Stones gigs before, no more.

The common words used by these "novices" were "Incredible", "Great Show", "how do they do it", "Great Sound", "played lots of songs we know", "greatest rock band ever".

An interesting perspective from a sample of people who made up the overwhelming majority of the audience here and elsewhere.. as a dedicated fan I felt quite proud. strange!

Re: "Incredible"
Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:45

You see, that's how it is outside of the bubble....

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:42

IrisC
Just got in from Pittsburgh my 43rd show. First was MSG 1975 almost 40 years to the day. Sat in section 115 back Ronny's side. Had 3 daughters, wife, and 3 son-in-laws with us. I have to say I was really disappointed. Help me hears folks the sound was horrible! I couldn't tell when songs were ending. Bitch a song that rocks sucked. I'm sorry guys. First time in my life giving the boys a bad review. That show was not very good. Still my favorite band and the Greatest Rock and Roll band in the world.
Totally agree and you were there. No biggie though, they'll bounce back next time

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:46

It's obvious Keith thought Mick was done. After thanking the crowd for singing Mick paused and it seemed like time to go.
Notice how Mick chuckles at the Irony when he starts the first verse and sings "I Can't get no... Haha Satisfaction".

[www.youtube.com]

And He is singing a bit off, but sounds good, he's not sounding flat or sharp.

Date: June 22, 2015 01:48

I was upper deck, opposite side......same thing. The vocals were hurried, the guitars were up so much they were breaking up at times. Weather probably prevented much fine tuning.

Re: "Incredible"
Date: June 22, 2015 01:48

thecitadel
I just flew to NYC from Pittburgh: half the plane seemed to be returning after the concert, and most had seen none or one or two Stones gigs before, no more.

The common words used by these "novices" were "Incredible", "Great Show", "how do they do it", "Great Sound", "played lots of songs we know", "greatest rock band ever".

An interesting perspective from a sample of people who made up the overwhelming majority of the audience here and elsewhere.. as a dedicated fan I felt quite proud. strange!

This sounds like the subway in London after Hyde Park smiling smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:57

DandelionPowderman
Remember that the musicians without in ear monitors not necessarily hear everything that is said on stage.

This has happened multiple times. TD in HP1 springs to mind.

Any of them can have whatever they choose in their monitor mix. It's got very little to do with in ear monitors or not. There is probably plenty of Mick's vocal bouncing around the stage from other monitors, not sure how much Mick is in Keith's monitor or vice versa but I doubt that was the problem really, just a probably unintentional quick start by Keith.

BTW: Nobody has attempted to answer my question concerning whether Mick sings Girl Reaction or Girly Action on Satisfaction.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home