Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Pittsburgh PA USA 20-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 12:12

Quickly, because I just got home after a 3 hour ride: what a fun show. No surprises but wasn't expecting any, fun to see the band in excellent form (and loud!). The IORR flub was fun (it didn't appear anyone noticed around me), as was the, um, premature satisfaction. Mick's reaction on the screen was priceless. Glad I was able to see Moonlight Mile once. Looking forward to the scope on Tuesday. Totally worth going solo from Buffalo, I'll post some good pics from row 3 in the morning, well, later in the morning!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 21, 2015 12:23

DandelionPowderman
thehighwayterror
why do they keep playing Doom and Gloom ?

Please give us a Monkey Man or a 2000 Light Years or a Ruby Tuesday .......

Why shouldn't they? Love it.

It's a disastrous mess when they play it, if they could play it with some swing, then I would have no problem with it, but now they're just rushing though it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 12:23 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 21, 2015 14:12

Here it is Doom&Gloom (Distant Audio and POV)

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: June 21, 2015 15:27

THANK YOU DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoyed entire show thanks to YOU!!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 21, 2015 15:51

GlimmerGirl24
And we didn't do Lucky Dips for Milwaukee - we have price level two. smiling smiley

Thanks and praises, GlimmerGirl! I'll tune in for Milwaukee for sure. Thanks & praises

Posted by: salar ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:19

maumau
JJF

video: [www.youtube.com]

Damned....what a fantastic Clip ....Sound and picquality are brilliant on this one...Feels like beeing there .....well, almost...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:41

Glad they keep Doom & Gloom! Hope it's played in Milwaukee. (but would also love Monkey Man in Milwaukee)

Noticed setlist went from 20 (previous show) to 19 songs. Is it 19 when they play lengthy songs like CYHMK and Midnight Rambler?

Checked out periscope for first time last night. Thanks to all who posted.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:41

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
thehighwayterror

It's a disastrous mess when they play it, if they could play it with some swing, then I would have no problem with it, but now they're just rushing though it.

that was also my impression...while I think the song's great, didn't work as well live. maybe just missing a little swing.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:42

I was there........Decent show. Everyone is playing well, but D&G through PIB just about grounded the whole thing. Especially MM......awful! Mick should consider that sometimes the blank stares in the audience are boredom. To include Bitch in the SF "set" stinks as it is practically a warhorse. Told my son on the way up that PIB would win.........Steelers BLACK and gold. Ironically, JJF, IORR and MR were the high points.

Also, as I had suspected, YCAGWYW is terrible encore material. French Horns and choirs.......it's not a funeral.

My son enjoyed it and I am happy, but this will likely be the last time for me.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:43

latebloomer
Perfect night...tired now, but I'll try to write more later. Fun meeting Chris Egan and seeing the happiness that the Stones brought to my sweet son and his friend. Only two dates for me on this tour - Nashville and Pittsburgh - but memories to last a lifetime. Thank you to The Rolling Stones and safe travels everyone.

That sounds great, LB! Can't wait to hear more about the show and how your son and his friend reacted! thumbs up
Only two shows, but what killer shows you saw, huh? I'm only doing two also, last one, Milwaukee. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:54

Thrylan
To include Bitch in the SF "set" stinks as it is practically a warhorse..

hardly

IORR............but I like it!

Date: June 21, 2015 17:26

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
thehighwayterror

No, it isn't. Far from it. But Mick saves his voice. That's another matter.

The playing and the swing is fine.

Date: June 21, 2015 17:30

latebloomer
The rain falls down...pasta and wine next door to Jerome Betts Grill. Hopefully it will clear up soon. More wine, please. smiling smiley

We stopped in Jerome Betts but they told us it was a 3 hour wait so we left and went to a bar about 3 buildings down. No food but alcohol. I am feeling the regret of that decision today smiling bouncing smiley amazing night, amazing show, I've never met so many wonderful people at a show (again) and being on the field was a whole new experience (a very fun one.)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:45

One footnote: There is only one modern song (made in the last three decades) in the set list, Doom and Gloom, and that is the one people whines about the most. Even fanboys do! Strange...

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:47

GlimmerGirl24
relms
alieb
relms
That periscope feed from Debbie is worthy of posting to youtube for enjoyment fro ever. I dont know how that works, but that was the best example of scoping EVER in the history of scoping.

and the best thing is that SHE'S DOING IT AGAIN ON TUESDAY

And that could be a special show, only 20,000 people there? Great accoustics at that venue? It could be special.

And we didn't do Lucky Dips for Milwaukee - we have price level two. smiling smiley

This is the battery extender I have - it will charge my i phone or iPad four times before it needs to be charged. My i phone started the concert with a 92% charge and ended it with 100%. I used 25% of the charger.

[www.monoprice.com]

I use a three inch lightning cable with it that I bought at Amazon.

I'm glad Mike's and my stream worked well. Sorry for the late start - they started 10 minutes before I expected them to and was stuck in a group of people not moving at the entrance to 125.

Thanks for the great broadcast! So let me get this correct, are you having to hold your phone and charger up together when you are scoping and charging at the same time? You mentioned a 3 inch cable and I was wondering if you had say a 3 ft cable you could have the charger in your pocket only have to hold the phone up.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:55

mnewman505
relms
mnewman505
Debbie and I got crappy dips, so we went to guest services and they upgraded us to the handicap platform in 125, perfect place to scope from!
I just want to thank you very much for your efforts, you did AWESOME!!
Thanks man it was our pleasure, we were switching back and forth.

GlimmerGirl24
relms
alieb
relms
That periscope feed from Debbie is worthy of posting to youtube for enjoyment fro ever. I dont know how that works, but that was the best example of scoping EVER in the history of scoping.

and the best thing is that SHE'S DOING IT AGAIN ON TUESDAY

And that could be a special show, only 20,000 people there? Great accoustics at that venue? It could be special.

This is the battery extender I have - it will charge my i phone or iPad four times before it needs to be charged. My i phone started the concert with a 92% charge and ended it with 100%. I used 25% of the charger.

[www.monoprice.com]

I use a three inch lightning cable with it that I bought at Amazon.

I'm glad Mike's and my stream worked well. Sorry for the late start - they started 10 minutes before I expected them to and was stuck in a group of people not moving at the entrance to 125.

Tigerglimmergirl and Mikemnewman, WOW!!! You two really hit it out of the park last night, start to finish, no breaks, solid signal. I am still feeling the music this morning.

YOU ARE AWESOME!! You really made it a fun time here in the thread last night as you broke all records and set the bar for a perfectly scoped show. They started early for some reason, but you over came that puuuurrrfectly and we all caught JFF. You are awesome.

You really spoiled us last night, it is going to be hard going back to the moving from scope to scope as people take a break, batteries die, signals drop etc etc.

But you showed the Stones and everyone this can be done and how happy it makes so many people all over the world. There is no reason they can not use your type of equpiment and set it by the sound board, clamp the camera to something and let it roll as they charge the battery along the way. They know, or at least Charlotte knows, about periscoping, so they could do it.

You two lead the way. You showed it can be done puuuuurfectly!! You kick ass!! You are the coolest cats ever.

It is going to be fun to see how this all evolves over time, but you will always be in the books as early innovators about to do this properly.

smileys with beer

Date: June 21, 2015 17:57

Stoneage
One footnote: There is only one modern song (made in the last three decades) in the set list, Doom and Gloom, and that is the one people whines about the most. Even fanboys do! Strange...

I like Doom and Gloom, I think it works great in concert.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:05

relms
Tigerglimmergirl and Mikemnewman, WOW!!! You two really hit it out of the park last night, start to finish, no breaks, solid signal. I am still feeling the music this morning.

YOU ARE AWESOME!! You really made it a fun time here in the thread last night as you broke all records and set the bar for a perfectly scoped show. They started early for some reason, but you over came that puuuurrrfectly and we all caught JFF. You are awesome.

You really spoiled us last night, it is going to be hard going back to the moving from scope to scope as people take a break, batteries die, signals drop etc etc.

But you showed the Stones and everyone this can be done and how happy it makes so many people all over the world. There is no reason they can not use your type of equpiment and set it by the sound board, clamp the camera to something and let it roll as they charge the battery along the way. They know, or at least Charlotte knows, about periscoping, so they could do it.

You two lead the way. You showed it can be done puuuuurfectly!! You kick ass!! You are the coolest cats ever.

It is going to be fun to see how this all evolves over time, but you will always be in the books as early innovators about to do this properly.

smileys with beer

Can't say it better! So I second that!!! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Tiger is a cool cat! grinning smiley

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:13

relms
Stoneage

I'd take anything off of B2B or ABB that to have to sit through Doom and Gloom again and again and again and again!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:20

taz22
relms
Stoneage

I'd take anything off of B2B or ABB that to have to sit through Doom and Gloom again and again and again and again!

Hm, in that case, if I were You, I would just turn down the volume during that song or switch to something else. grinning smiley

Date: June 21, 2015 18:50

sweet neo con
Thrylan
To include Bitch in the SF "set" stinks as it is practically a warhorse..

hardly

I've seen them 6 times since 89'........5 out of 6 they played Bitch.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:50

If you look back at the 14onfire concerts in Europe you can read how well received there Doom an Gloom was. People singing loudly, knowing the words.
I liked it very much when they played it.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: June 21, 2015 18:57

It's not connected to an album.........it's been the "new" song 3 years and 3 tours........ It is played to fast and does not swing. I had high hopes, but it fell flat- my son asked why they played this and not Rough Justice........I didn't have an answer.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 21, 2015 19:18

Lots of fun yesterday. After getting picked up at the airport in the morning by my brother, we went out to see Frank Lloyd Wright's famous Falling Water house about an hour and a half's drive out of town and meet friends for lunch. Really amazing architectural design.

A deluge broke loose as we were waiting in line for our Lucky Dips. We got Row J Section 135, ten rows above the field just even with the end of the catwalk on Keith's side, and were very satisfied with the view. A bunch of the Shidoobee crew were right in front of us. They really like their weed!

We caught the last few pitches of Max Scherzer's no-hitter waiting for the elevator up to our seats, and then the rainbow broke out over the stage. A couple of good omens.

The Stones were solid, with Moonlight Mile and Paint It Black being nice treats. Too bad they haven't rehearsed She's A Rainbow, as that would have been perfect. I'd also like to see Mother's Little Helper make a return, and for Keith to add Little T&A to his rotation.

I've got the whole day to check out Pittsburgh before I catch the midnight train to Milwaukee. I took a stroll around PNC Park and down by the riverside this morning, and just walked across the bridge to check out the Strip District market. Pittsburgh is a pretty place, with some excellent architecture and all sorts of scenic vistas.

Looks like there is some sort of free jazz festival going on downtown today, and I'll check the Warhol Museum out this afternoon.

Milwaukee is going to be wicked good.

Date: June 21, 2015 19:35

Javadave
Lots of fun yesterday. After getting picked up at the airport in the morning by my brother, we went out to see Frank Lloyd Wright's famous Falling Water house about an hour and a half's drive out of town and meet friends for lunch. Really amazing architectural design.

A deluge broke loose as we were waiting in line for our Lucky Dips. We got Row J Section 135, ten rows above the field just even with the end of the catwalk on Keith's side, and were very satisfied with the view. A bunch of the Shidoobee crew were right in front of us. They really like their weed!

We caught the last few pitches of Max Scherzer's no-hitter waiting for the elevator up to our seats, and then the rainbow broke out over the stage. A couple of good omens.

The Stones were solid, with Moonlight Mile and Paint It Black being nice treats. Too bad they haven't rehearsed She's A Rainbow, as that would have been perfect. I'd also like to see Mother's Little Helper make a return, and for Keith to add Little T&A to his rotation.

I've got the whole day to check out Pittsburgh before I catch the midnight train to Milwaukee. I took a stroll around PNC Park and down by the riverside this morning, and just walked across the bridge to check out the Strip District market. Pittsburgh is a pretty place, with some excellent architecture and all sorts of scenic vistas.

Looks like there is some sort of free jazz festival going on downtown today, and I'll check the Warhol Museum out this afternoon.

Milwaukee is going to be wicked good.

Cool, sounds like fun, thanks for sharing. It is nice to visualize the good times.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 21, 2015 19:40

I wasn't able to follow the updates last night, but I read the entire thread and I can see everybody had a great time, thanks to TigerPurr (GlimmerGirl24) and mnewman505. And, of course, thanks to the Rolling Stones. smiling smiley

Thanks for everybody who posted pics and reviews! smileys with beer

Date: June 21, 2015 19:44

a great show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 02:54 by relms.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 21, 2015 19:54

heard about Houston? heard about Detroit? heard about Pittsburgh PA?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 19:56 by Natlanta.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 21, 2015 19:59

Thrylan
D&G through PIB just about grounded the whole thing. Especially MM......awful! Mick should consider that sometimes the blank stares in the audience are boredom. To include Bitch in the SF "set" stinks as it is practically a warhorse.
Ironically, JJF, IORR and MR were the high points.

YCAGWYW is terrible encore material. French Horns and choirs.......it's not a funeral.

My son enjoyed it

Maybe HE should have written a review... grinning smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 21, 2015 20:24

Yep- instead of the "Zip Code" Tour they should have named it the "War Horse" tour.

Maybe this is a setup for the "No War Horse" tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home