Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A very upset post by something...
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:07

ALL EUROPEAN IORRers ARE BLOODY @#$%&!!!!!

I posted I would be scoping Nashville and there were never more than 12 viewers??? You don't know how to set an alarm? YOU ARE ALL WHINEY OLD MEN WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT ROCK N ROLL MEANS!!!! STOP COMING TO THIS FORUM AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SET LISTS & NO MICK TAYLOR!! GO AWAY!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 05:31 by bv.

Re: ALL EUROPEAN IORRers ARE BLOODY @#$%&!!!!!
Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:13

Cool.

Posted by: Keef551 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:20

Love the vibe. More!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:27

DREAMTIME
I posted I would be scoping Nashville and there were never more than 12 viewers??? You don't know how to set an alarm? YOU ARE ALL WHINEY OLD MEN WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT ROCK N ROLL MEANS!!!! STOP COMING TO THIS FORUM AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SET LISTS & NO MICK TAYLOR!! GO AWAY!!!

I love to watch the Stones shows on periscope, but I dont know how to set an periscope alarm. I have never even heard of that.

But a fun bunch of us were here on show night and scrambling to find good periscopes. I might suggest if you do this again and want more people to watch doing what one person who frequents IORR did>>> flacnvinyl posted on the travel thread his twitter account and remided us he was scoping, and then he posted about it again on the live show thread. After reminding his scope was easy to locate by clicking on his twitter account.

Several other periscopes which we did not know about showed up on the search. I wonder why your periscope did not show up on the scoping list we were all looking at on twitter [twitter.com]

Please dont yell at me for posting this, I am only trying to give ideas and help in the future if/when this comes up again for you or anyone else periscoping and want people to watch. Tell us and tell us again and then give us a link and tell us again.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:12

12 viewers total or only 12 from Europe? Perhaps your feed couldn't compete sound wise or video wise with other scopers? I'm going to watch the best feed I can find at any given time, not going to watch yours unless you promise to train it on Theodora occasionally, have a particularly good view of Keith's fretboard or some other compelling reason to watch, like possibly some extremely funny neighbors in the adjacent seats. grinning smiley

I'm sure you would have had way more than 7 viewers during the Bobby Keys tribute but for some reason, only periscope link here (posted by MisterDDDD) died in the middle of Happy and never came back.

peace

Re: A very upset post by something...
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:42

I was wondering how long it would be before the voice of sober second thought and reason had you change the thread title.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:43

I watched. It was great. Thank you.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:04

Turner68

As far as a remember, nobody could find a link for Dreamtime' feed. If you had posted it that night, like everybody's been doing, it would be very appreciated by everybody.

Date: June 20, 2015 06:14

Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

As far as a remember, nobody could find a link for Dreamtime' feed. If you had posted it that night, like everybody's been doing, it would be very appreciated by everybody.

Hey Christiano -

Really appreciate everything you do on this board so I won't be snarky in my reply.

Very early in the show I posted that he/she was broadcasting, had great seats, and great sound, and I posted the name to follow.

Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 18, 2015 03:40

Dreamtime is working better for me and great seats
Lcdreamtime

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:21

Yes, I know you and Dreamtime posted his Twitter account here, but I did try to follow what was going on Dreamtime's twitter account (and I'm sure other users had tried that too) and couldn't find nothing. It would be easier to post the periscope feed.

Date: June 20, 2015 06:25

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

Hey Christiano -

Really appreciate everything you do on this board so I won't be snarky in my reply.

Very early in the show I posted that he/she was broadcasting, had great seats, and great sound, and I posted the name to follow.

Lcdreamtime

Would have been nice if you had provided am easy clickable link like others do.
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:26

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

Hey Christiano -

Lcdreamtime

I saw that post and followed on Twitter... I din't receive any notice that it went live and it did not show up in the searches I did because I looked for it several times.
Some kind of glitch with the new technology I reckon smiling smiley
But thanks very much for scoping and for trying to make sure we were aware!

Date: June 20, 2015 06:32

MisterDDDD
Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

Hey Christiano -

Lcdreamtime

I saw that post and followed on Twitter... I din't receive any notice that it went live and it did not show up in the searches I did because I looked for it several times.
Some kind of glitch with the new technology I reckon smiling smiley
But thanks very much for scoping and for trying to make sure we were aware!

Periscope is really cool. I see artist broadcasting while they paint paintings, investors taking questions on business advice, people flying their drones, etc.

It depends on a good cell signal of course. When you are in an arena full of 50,000 people using their cell phones, all competing for bandwidth, the cell networks just get overloaded (nothing to do with periscope.)

I have to imagine that at some point bands will start broadcasting high-quality streams of themselves on periscope. I was disappointed that all the Stones are doing is the "tattoo parlor" and what-not. Hopefully that will change at some point and we will all have one link to watch and it will have a high-speed connection.

Date: June 20, 2015 06:45

treaclefingers
I was wondering how long it would be before the voice of sober second thought and reason had you change the thread title.

I don't believe he was given a choice in the matter. winking smiley Perhaps he would have worded it a bit differently. There is quite a difference between "A very upset post by something" and "A very upset by something post", perhaps there was some humor involved. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:47

Unfortunately, Periscope is in its infancy and many upgrades will eventually arrive as more investment comes on board. Until stable equipment is developed for people to broadcast with, we will be stuck with low quality video, bad signals that cut in and out, and drops. Fortunately, the audio is brilliant, when it is streaming uninterrupted.

The only worry that I can see is if some musician or promoter claims trademark or copyright infringement from illegal broadcasts and threaten legal action to shut down the service.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:50

The Sicilian
Unfortunately, Periscope is in its infancy and many upgrades will eventually arrive as more investment comes on board. Until stable equipment is developed for people to broadcast with, we will be stuck with low quality video, bad signals that cut in and out, and drops. Fortunately, the audio is brilliant, when it is streaming uninterrupted.

The only worry that I can see is if some musician or promoter claims trademark or copyright infringement from illegal broadcasts and threaten legal action to shut down the service.

I think that ship has sailed. This is a new way of marketing the bands so I see this growing. Probably will figure out a way to monetize it as well.

Date: June 20, 2015 06:53

The Sicilian

The copyright issues are being handled much like YouTube it seems. People have broadcast boxing title fights, HBO Game of Thrones, etc. Periscope takes down broadcasts when they are given a complaint that they determine to be valid (just like YouTube does.)

Many believe that the fact that the quality isn't great is actually good for the performer involved (e.g. the rolling stones). Watching a periscope isn't as good as being there, in fact it makes you want to be there even more, and excites you to go out and buy tickets. The ideal win/win for everyone.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 20, 2015 07:06

Turner68
The Sicilian

The copyright issues are being handled much like YouTube it seems. People have broadcast boxing title fights, HBO Game of Thrones, etc. Periscope takes down broadcasts when they are given a complaint that they determine to be valid (just like YouTube does.)

Many believe that the fact that the quality isn't great is actually good for the performer involved (e.g. the rolling stones). Watching a periscope isn't as good as being there, in fact it makes you want to be there even more, and excites you to go out and buy tickets. The ideal win/win for everyone.

The difference being YouTube is static, more of a library, the videos come after the fact. Periscope is a live event, with no storage and replay library offered by the service that I am aware of.

At the other end, hearing a show live even with crappy video is much preferred to spending hundreds of dollars, especially when you can see every show on the tour.

Date: June 20, 2015 07:06

If people dont want to post clickable links then there is no reason to post at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 07:07 by relms.

Date: June 20, 2015 07:08

yaaaawn

Date: June 20, 2015 07:08

Turner68

Hmmm, sounds to me like the youtube model isn't very applicable here unless people are monitoring for feeds of their events while they are happening and periscope has people standing by to take down the feeds. Obviously a difficult and expensive process considering everyone at a concert could start a broadcast. These things take time and it wouldn't be impractical to keep up with it in the course of a two hour concert,imo.

Any who exactly are the "many" people that believe poor quality feeds are good for the performers? With all due respect even the best quality feed would still be a phone camera perspective of the show and I seriously doubt the difference between a low quality feed and a high quality feed is going to motivating you to see the show or not. That's quite a stretch. eye rolling smiley

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 07:22 by Naturalust.

Date: June 20, 2015 07:14

relms
If people dont want to post clickable links then there is no reason to post at all.

clickable links expire. but if you know the user name of a broadcaster, you can use it to find them throughout a show. it's much more useful to have the broadcaster.

it is incredibly easy to find the links to periscope broadcasters. it's amazing that you expect anyone to post a link at all. it's like asking someone to do a google search for you. you are very lucky to have Cristiano.

i believe you were one of the people complaining about whiners on the live show thread. perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Date: June 20, 2015 07:14

Naturalust
Turner68

Hmmm, sounds to me like the youtube model isn't very applicable here unless people are monitoring for feeds of their events while they are happening and periscope has people standing by to take down the feeds. Obviously a difficult and expensive process considering everyone at a concert could start a broadcast. These things take time and it wouldn't be impractical to keep up with it in the course of a two hour concert,imo.

Any who exactly are the "many" people that believe poor quality feeds are good for the performers? With all due respect even the best quality feed would still be a phone camera perspective of the show and I seriously doubt the difference between a low quality feed and a high quality feed is going to motivating you to see the show or not. That's quite a stretch. eye rolling smiley

peace

peace

LOL

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 20, 2015 07:18

@#$%& @#$%& @#$%& @#$%&

Date: June 20, 2015 07:20

Turner68
relms

clickable links expire. but if you know the user name of a broadcaster, you can use it to find them throughout a show. it's much more useful to have the broadcaster.

it is incredibly easy to find the links to periscope broadcasters. it's amazing that you expect anyone to post a link at all. it's like asking someone to do a google search for you. you are very lucky to have Cristiano.

i believe you were one of the people complaining about whiners on the live show thread. perhaps you should look in the mirror.

What are you whining about kid?

I post as many or more links than anyone in those threads.

Date: June 20, 2015 07:30

relms
Turner68
relms

leoniod? I had a feeling that was you. grinning smiley

peace

Date: June 20, 2015 07:38

Naturalust
relms
Turner68
relms

leoniod? I had a feeling that was you. grinning smiley

peace

You are full of shit. Consider sometime posting something worthwhile, something actually helpful or useful. Something besides your baseless opinion.

Date: June 20, 2015 07:40

But seriously, I have found a lot of the internet comment sections to be overrun with a certain edgy sarcasm, and it seems like only these computers can bring it out in people. The same tired complaints just become very boring. Everyone's always complaining on the internet, about whatever subject matter they're obsessing over.

I don't want to fight with people here. If I wanted to fight with someone all the time I'd have a wife. Look, can we just not complain while the shows are going on, and everyone is periscoping on the setlist threads? That's all I'm asking. Can we organize a complaint-free zone while the shows are taking place? Surely, that's not too much to ask.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 20, 2015 07:55

SackofBrokenEggs
But seriously, I have found a lot of the internet comment sections to be overrun with a certain edgy sarcasm, and it seems like only these computers can bring it out in people. The same tired complaints just become very boring. Everyone's always complaining on the internet, about whatever subject matter they're obsessing over.

I don't want to fight with people here. If I wanted to fight with someone all the time I'd have a wife. Look, can we just not complain while the shows are going on, and everyone is periscoping on the setlist threads? That's all I'm asking. Can we organize a complaint-free zone while the shows are taking place? Surely, that's not too much to ask.

Just ignore them. I'm usually too busy listening/following Twitter/posting during a show to notice the occasional gripe from the usual suspects - unless other usual suspects insist on jumping on them and starting an unnecessary flame war right in the middle of the show thread. Have you considered that perhaps they whine in order to get a rise out of you? Go on, spoil their fun - ignore them.

Date: June 20, 2015 08:32

Green Lady
SackofBrokenEggs

Just ignore them. I'm usually too busy listening/following Twitter/posting during a show to notice the occasional gripe from the usual suspects - unless other usual suspects insist on jumping on them and starting an unnecessary flame war right in the middle of the show thread. Have you considered that perhaps they whine in order to get a rise out of you? Go on, spoil their fun - ignore them.

All very good points, Green Lady. It's just that while the periscoping action is going on, and all the links are flying around, I'm just really enjoying that time I'm having with the Stones... you know, and I don't want to wade through a bunch of negative chatter in that moment. I've been to a few Stones shows over the years, but I haven't caught one for a while now, so I'm just really enjoying the couch tour online.

Can we create a space where everyone is cool for a couple hours while the shows are being broadcast to our respective homes? Can we apply the same socialization rules that we would live by, in person, here in computer land? Let's say someone hits a bum note (which is few and far between on this tour, btw), I'm going to hear it. I don't need to see ten replies about this isolated one second that was displeasing to some. Would we yell that stuff out at a show? "Hey, that one second of time sucked horribly, blah, blah!" Why even write it? That's all I'm saying. Can we just enjoy the other 7,000+ seconds of time we'll be experiencing during a show, rather than isolating that one second of time that didn't work and magnifying it, and obsessing over it?

And hey, I say: Mick Taylor, Mick Shmaylor. Now you know how I feel about that. I don't think he needs to be anywhere near this tour. I'm sure he's a great guy. He's an immensely talented guitar player, for sure. Now I've said that once. I don't need to write it 25 times a @#$%& day on this website. OK, great that's how I feel about the current guitar situation: it rocks. Perfect. I don't need to mention, "Mick Taylor, Mick Shmaylor" over and over and over again, every day for years on this website.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home