Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

40 years of Ronnie Wood
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:53

Re: 40 years of Ronnie Wood
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:00

WOODIE BE GOODE!

Congrats!!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:13

I wonder how Ronnie would have felt if Taylor was
touring with them?

Be kind of hard celebrating 40 years on stage with the guy
you replaced!

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:15

This video is wonderful, thank you for sharing.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:17

How nice of the Stones to honor him with a video.

Mick: "He's definitely improved as a guitar player, When I met him he could hardly play"... I guess Mick didn't listen to much Faces material?

But Charlie says it best...He's funny, likeable, and good in the band.

I truly believe his playing this tour is holding the band together more than any other single musician or factor.

Hat's off to the man, he's earned his stripes.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:24

Mick could be referring to some meetup as early as '65. Nice clip, but I still would like to know why they don't bother anymore to throw us some live clips now and then.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:29

Mercy, people - the Mick was plainly joking when he said that about Ronnie's playing.
It's a lovely video.

Posted by: TooTough ()

A great hommage by the band!

Congratulations, Ronnie!

Posted by: 24FPS ()

Naturalust

Mick: "He's definitely improved as a guitar player, When I met him he could hardly play"... I guess Mick didn't listen to much Faces material?

I truly believe his playing this tour is holding the band together more than any other single musician or factor.

peace

Mick is obviously joking, and trying to take the mickey out of Ronnie in an awkward way.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:36

I am a Big fan of ronnie. His career with the faces is already something that many artists would dream to have. He wrote many important songs with them, he is a talented man and in the last 40 years he is keith' younger brother. Sometimes i am surprised to read how many people still are not convinced about him.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:39

Nice video. It's always a treat to see the four of them together bantering.

Now I'm going to give Pretty Beat Up a spin..

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:39

Naturalust

peace

...and after that he was laughing pretty loud, didn't you hear that?? It's a London band Naturalust.They laugh at each other with all sorts of jokes all the time.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:42

I don't understand why they are always put in front of roadies boxes for things like this. I mean, we all know they're on tour, and they could always sit in front of boxes even if they're not on tour.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:54

I guess Ronnie played on Maggie May. That's damn impressive because that song stands up to just about anything the Stones have done.

I always have had a soft spot for 1971 when it comes to music, I think it was one of the greatest years ever.

Thanks Ron Wood for all of the great work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 21:55 by MileHigh.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 22:09

Dreamer
Naturalust

peace

...and after that he was laughing pretty loud, didn't you hear that?? It's a London band Naturalust.They laugh at each other with all sorts of jokes all the time.

I never did understand English humor...As always with Mick you just get the feeling there is some underlying stuff, or hidden truths, behind what he says.

Anyway the "He's definitely improved as a guitar player" sounds pretty serious to me, it's only the "When I met him he could hardly play" that comes off as a joke. And quite a sinister laugh that was.

peace

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 17, 2015 22:40

-------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2015 22:59

MVP on these last couple of tours.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 17, 2015 23:02

Naturalust
Dreamer
Naturalust

peace

I never did understand English humor...As always with Mick you just get the feeling there is some underlying stuff, or hidden truths, behind what he says.

Anyway the "He's definitely improved as a guitar player" sounds pretty serious to me, it's only the "When I met him he could hardly play" that comes off as a joke. And quite a sinister laugh that was.

peace

This sense of humour is also quite Dutch. On the other hand I don't think Jagger would have said those words if MT were celebrating his 40 years with the band. Which would have been last year, but sadly .. et c.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 00:59 by kleermaker.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 17, 2015 23:35

RONNIE WOOD RULES!!!!

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: June 18, 2015 00:23

Hi all.

Congratulations, Mr. Wood.

I can remember an interview with Ronnie and he said he´s got memories from those old days when he was a young boy and he listened to a song called Satisfaction they put on the radio: it was amazing, he said.

All in all, he seems to be the local r&r hero, as he was just a good guitar player and years after, she got in when they were the greatest stars and several decades has gone and he has become a Rolling Stone forever.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 18:26

Anyone know what's up with this guitar? What is that blue light for? Love that he's bending that string waaaaaayyyyy up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 20:27 by roller99.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 19:13

Love 'Stay With Me' by Faces!!

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: June 21, 2015 03:01

It's a Versoul guitar, which Ronnie received in 2007. The model is a Raya 6 Custom. The guitars are hand made in Finland. Behind the blue lens there is a LED light, but there is no musical purpose with it.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 21, 2015 13:09

Rock ON, Ronnie Wood!! And THX for your contributions to our mutual favourit band & music.

Great gesture, this video from the band btw.

Loved Mick Jagger's line at the end: "...doesn't seem a dày too much!!" - cracking me up. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 21, 2015 14:45

hard to believe its 40 years......and sticky fingers is this week in the top ten of world record sales without an ronnie contribution....he just had nothing to do with the big and importane days their career, like Brian or Mick T.
I hope he lives well with that issue.
Anyway Ronnie I believe you are good for holding the band together! Thanx for that.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 21, 2015 15:42

It 's amazing, the first album entirely played by Wood with the Stones is the biggest selling album of the Stones !!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:43

with sssoul
Mercy, people - the Mick was plainly joking when he said that about Ronnie's playing.
It's a lovely video.

yes, that's obvious! thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 16:46

leatherjacket
hard to believe its 40 years......and sticky fingers is this week in the top ten of world record sales without an ronnie contribution....he just had nothing to do with the big and importane days their career, like Brian or Mick T.
I hope he lives well with that issue.
Anyway Ronnie I believe you are good for holding the band together! Thanx for that.

Lives well with that issue? How is that an issue?

Nice back handed compliment on the other point.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 21, 2015 20:00

I wonder if Darryl Jones and Ronnie have group therapy sessions thrice weekly to help them "lives well with that issue". I wonder if they invite all the back-up singers and horns scetion to come along to help deal with the issue too?

Oh the burden it must be to carry around those issues. Oh the weight!

lmao, I can only hope and wish to someday have such issues smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home