Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 25 of 26
Nashville 6/17/2015 Review
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:28

This is only the second time I have had a chance to see the Stones. The other time was in 2002 and they put on a great show then. I have a ton of bootlegs so I have heard hundreds of shows outside of the official live released. Yes, I am a Taylorite, but love the Brian and Ronnie eras also. Scale 5-excellent, 4-above average, 3- average. No songs will be graded below average as they rocked the house last night.

FIRST QUARTER

Jumping Jack Flash (5/5)
Perfect opener. Keith sounded great. Mick was great. Charlie was solid. I'd like to see Ronnie do something else besides wait for the high part of the notes.

It's Only Rock and Roll (4/5)
The band sounded great. Ronnie was higher in the mix and I really enjoyed his playing close to the original. Ronnie filled in all the gaps instead of simply waving his arms to the crowd. Keith played much better on this then the last time I saw them live in 2002.

You Got Me Rocking (3/5)
The song is played well just not a song I would want to continually be in a set-list for the last 21 years. Mick is definitely in shape because he never seemed to be out of breath. Ronnie and Keith seemed to just be going through the motions.

Tumbling Dice (5/5)
One of my top 5 Stones songs all time. They seem to nail it every time I have heard it from a 1972 bootleg through now. Most impressive on this was Ronnie. He seemed to do a few Taylor live licks in there (without the great vibrato- but just the rolling of the fingers and a few notes). Only disappointment- I would like Charlie to be slamming the floor tom in the outro of the song with the kick and all instruments out except Mick and the backup singers singing and then bring the other instruments back in with a Charlie fill (similar to the actual track).

Doom and Gloom (3/5)
When Mick is playing guitar, his vocals get rushed. Everyone knows the are just a band that tours so why try and play their "latest" single (from 2012)? Plundered My Soul is from 2012 also isn't it? Of course, I would prefer Taylor to be a part of that song... oops got off track. The song itself is fine but like YGMR, I would prefer it not be in the setlist.

SECOND QUARTER
Now we have the best 5 song stretch in the concert!

Bitch (5/5)
Keith impressed me. At his age with arthritis in his fingers, he played his great Chuck Berryesque angular solo very well. Ronnie was solid doing Taylor's parts.

When the Black Crowes were in Nashville years ago at the Ryman- they did a country set whether or not the audience cared. Mick joked about playing their songs and continuing with the show regardless if they were in Nashville.

Far Away Eyes (5/5)
Keith's harmonies were spot on- wish he had joined Mick on the mic. I remember seeing on the last tour them looking at each other and singing into the same mic and it was a sweet moment from brothers. Ronnie had fun pretending he was a real honky tonk bar pedal steel player. He could have played more but what he did play was great. I will throw a bone to Chuck. I know most bash him- but he played great on this as well.

Funny part- in my section there must have been a lot of casual fans as they laughed and laughed through this song like it was the first time they had ever heard it.

Wild Horses (5/5)
While I may get bashed for saying this- I would have like Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, or some other Nashville area artist to have song a verse. It just helps the band reach younger audiences and I understand why they schedule guests. Now onto the song- The only suggestion I would have like to have seen would have been Keith on an acoustic. I believe Ronnie's playing on this was excellent. Not good, not great but excellent. I'm happy he is sober and having fun.

Dead Flowers (5/5)
Brad Paisley guested. They never said this was the Nashville vote winner that I recall. Maybe because they didn't care- this was the perfect song for him to come out on. His playing did not cause any issues (Ronnie said it's hard to work out parts with 3 guitars recently about not having MT on the tour but they had 4 on this song). Brad sang well- Jagger was great. Keith was superb on harmony and playing. Ronnie played a great solo although he kept looking at Brad to see if he was going to rip a B-bender country solo. Paisley is pretty darn good on the guitar (He had Joe Walsh come out and do Life's Been Good in the opener- fun opening act also had Carrie Underwood). If I ranked the show, this would be the #2 highlight after Far Away Eyes

Honky Tong Woman (4/5)
I only down graded this because Keith was purposely messing up the timing on the song by stretching out the ending part of the riff on into the next line Mick was singing. Jagger as he has been the whole show is excellent. While I know this is Keith's song to play lead- I think allowing Ronnie to play more would have been great. Ronnie did throw in some B-Bender type licks in the song.

QUARTER THREE

Keith's set
Before They Make Me Run (3/5)
When Keith is playing, he doesn't sing well. When he is singing well, there is too much room for playing that is missing. Ronnie worked overtime to make this song sound somewhat close to the studio track.

Happy (3/5)
I know it seems I'm hating on Keith's set but a 3/5 on my scale means average. While I know all the words in both the previous two songs- you really would have a rough time deciphering what he was singing IF you were just a fly by night casual Stones fan paying $ 350 for a ticket. Ronnie played excellent on pedal steel but too many gaps with no playing.

Mick was enjoying his VIP break room festivities that Keith had to extend the song by at least an extra minute but it was funny to see him just keep going with the ending of the song.

Midnight Rambler (4/5)
Mick- great. Keith- great. Charlie- great. While I have been giving Ronnie a lot of love, he just doesn't show up on this song. Maybe my high expectations of his playing previously in the show made me think he would be able to fill the song with Taylor like precision. Nope. It would have been worth it to have MT around just for this song again if that's all they allowed him to play.

Miss You (4/5)
This is basically Darryl song now. While I enjoyed his bass solo, I liked it even more when he thought it was over and Jagger made him go 4 more measures. He looked exhausted after playing on this 90 degree night. Sax player was good. This is just a standard Warhorse with the other 11 songs that you will always see on every setlist.

Gimme Shelter (4/5)
Keith played really well. Ronnie could be heard doing many of the studio type second guitar licks. Lisa was her typical self but I believe she tried to go to high on her register and later on in the show she sounded pretty awful. Jagger is Jagger- not sure how he does it at his age.

FOURTH QUARTER

Start Me Up (5/5)
The band really enjoys playing this song live. Ronnie played his normal solo but instead of hitting a bum note, he nailed it.

Sympathy for the Devil (3/5)
Charlie joined in the intro to make it a little more pleasant. Ronnie played Taylor's part from Ya-Ya's before the solo. I enjoyed that but would have enjoyed more him attempting a solo. Keith wasn't too overbearing but his timing on his playing is not good on this song. If it wasn't for pride, maybe he could do his solo as close to the original or Ya-Yas and let Ronnie do something here.

Brown Sugar (4/5)
Sax solo was very good- Keith played very well after a sub-par SFTD. Jagger was great moving all over the place as normal. Ronnie had some nice playing on this but played reserved not trying to take any chances.

You Can't Always Get What You Want (3/5)
Belmont University Choir came in. They started with the 2 YCAGWYW lines and the if you try sometimes... then Keith comes in. Horn player was a bit off but he made the best of it. I think Ronnie's solo was ok- I have read other places they thought he ripped it. I am not sure that is what is needed. Being a Taylorite- I loved the 72-73 arrangements on this song. Some people posted they thought the choir sounded awful at the end- IT WAS NOT THEM- It was Lisa. She needed to be turned down in the mix. She was doing that high registry chant and it sounded terrible. Let the choir do their job and just dance and stay low in the mix.

Satisfaction (4/5)
Great closer to starting with JJF. Nothing special here.

Final comments:
Great show- 20 songs with the second quarter being the best of the show. Mick was funny and did a great job with dialogue with Tennessee geography and the Titans including cracking on the Titans season last year but "y'all have Marcus this year" referring to our # 1 pick Marcus Mariota who could be what the Titans need to get back on track but that is a different message board discussion on a different website.

Ronnie had some technical difficulty in the show and had to change a guitar in the middle of a song. Had some speaker crackling but the stage people are fast and knew what to do to correct.

I have no regrets but if I could change the setlist any it would have been replacing YGMR and D & G with two choices from the following tracks:
Moonlight Mile, No Expectations, Can't You Hear Me Knocking?, Under My Thumb

If I never get to see them live again- this will be a great lasting memory. I am still holding out for more archive releases and a DVD from the last tour that had Taylor with them. Hopefully, a soundboard bootleg will surface from the show or a great audience recording because so many of the songs sounded really good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 22:48 by bigmac7895.

Re: Nashville 6/17/2015 Review
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:25

Excellent review. Nicely detailed and very objective. Thank you.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:51

We do need more reviews like that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:53

Missed all the excitement last night and was glad to log in today and see this excellent song by song review. Delighted to see Far Away Eyes, Wild Horses and Dead Flowers played back to back. Sweet! Not totally unexpected for Nashville but still pretty adventurous for the Stones these days.

How was the crowd? Full house? Enthusiastic? My buddy in Nashville said the whole town was a big Stones party, every bar band playing Stones tunes and a madhouse everywhere he went.

peace

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:56

Agree! Thank You, very interesting and informative!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:18

Great review, thanks for sharing. "If I never get to see them live again- this will be a great lasting memory". It was nice to read that. smileys with beer

Date: June 18, 2015 22:39

Nashville crowd was lively- lots of singing and dancing. The restaurants all over Nashville were crowded with Stones fans before the concert.

Posted by: Rolling72 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:57

Very good analysis of the show and very technically detailed. You certainly don't see this type of writing in a typical concert review. Excellent work and thank you for posting.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:11

bigmac7895
Midnight Rambler (4/5)
Mick- great. Keith- great. Charlie- great. While I have been giving Ronnie a lot of love, he just doesn't show up on this song. Maybe my high expectations of his playing previously in the show made me think he would be able to fill the song with Taylor like precision. Nope. It would have been worth it to have MT around just for this song again if that's all they allowed him to play.

Opinions are so different. I`ve read the live reviews thread that Ronnie`s playing was outstanding especially on MR. And fantastic licks on Faraway Eyes instead of just ok.
Have to wait for a MR video to judge for myself...

Tom

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:35

Great review bigmac! I dig your breakdown so here's mine...

JJFlash - Pure FIRE. Sample here - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/2015-06-17-Nashville-JumpingJackFlash-roughpreview.mp3 Man that was good.

IORR - Rough around the edges but very fun. Lots of good chemistry. Mick knew they were 'on' and seemed to be smiling quite a bit.

YGMR - I feel like all we hear during this song is 'hey hey, you got me rocking' repeated ad infinitum. The studio track is fantastic, live it just did nothing for the audience. All Down The Line, Get Off My Cloud, Little Queenie, etc would have perfect here. Something happy n rocknroll, instead of the 'rock' attempt that YGMR is.

Tumbling Dice - The screwed up intro, as well as the ending that never came, were funny moments. A jet that wouldn't land!

Doom & Gloom - This is the point when the gold-digger dates started sitting down for the duration of the show. A few hardcore fans were happy that they were playing this song, but most people just kinda stood there. I dig the song but it can be easily dropped.

Bitch - The song started a bit rough, then picked up really really quick. Brilliant guitar work. Loved it.

Far Away Eyes - bigmac you mentioned people laughing alot and that they might be new fans. I am not sure what section you were in, but I was laughing out of pure joy! They nailed it. I prefered this version to the Beacon, where I was 2nd row infront of Ronnie. Great start o the country mini-set...

Wild Horses - BOO THIS TRACK. It was played well, but is just so dang boring. Far Away Eyes SHOULD have been the 'ballad' for the night. Why on earth wasn't LET IT BLEED played instead of Wild blanking Horses. And whats worse is Bernard and Lisa slow dancing like this is some kind of play. If you don't have anything to do, you don't have to act like cheerleaders. It reminds me of a skit on the show Crossballs (brilliant show, totally OT) where they do a fake casting audition for a singing competition, where Matt Besser keeps telling a contestant to sing with her arms. Literally aint no valley HIGH (pointing high) aint no valley low (pointing to the ground). Its hilarious. This is what the backup musicians have become.

Dead Flowers - Smoking version. Keith played great rythmn on the chorus, Paisley and Ronnie both played brilliantly throughout. Jagger sang wonderfully and did not 'over-perform'. Just a great great version. Right up there with Louisville, Churchill Downs version.

Honkey Tonk Women - Keith's playing was definitely sloppy but this worked as a great concluding point to the country mini-set. The crowd ate this up, along with all of the country tracks. Just great. Not usually something I look forward to, but a joyous rendition.

Before They Make Me Run - The only part I really enjoyed was from the bridge to the end. I was holding out hope that he would play You Got The Silver. This one was the perfect time to pull that out. Meh.

Happy - I wish Keith would actually take a real solo on this song! He played just fine but the best moment was him laying into the riff for the ending of the song over and over. Man that was fun. He was stomping down the catwalk laying into the riff. Owning that stage. I only wish he would solo like that. Instead we hear the riff + "happy" by the backup singers, over and over.

Rambler - The highlight. When Keith is hunkered down next to Charlie that engine just starts chugging along. Great version all the way through. I won't go into the details but I really enjoyed it.

Miss You - Drop this song. Drop this song. Drop this song. Keith and Ronnie barely played anything on this song at all. Darryl always does a killer bass solo, but that can't save this song. Just so dang boring. I hate being a hardore fan. Darryl and Charlie are fun to watch, but this is a guitar band. For as long as it is, we could get two other non-warhorse songs and everyone would be far happier.

Gimme Shelter - Mick was off key for some reason throughout this song. The song still went over well but seemed to go on too long. I would love for them to drop this song completely from the set. This is the "Lisa" song, but if they are going to keep her a permanent addition to the live lineup, atleast give her a different song. Night Time Is The Right Time worked perfectly on ABB. She can sing, if they'd give her something more soulful we'd all be happier.

Start Me Up - KILLER version. They nailed it. The best thing about this version is the new beat. Charlie is doing something different and I am certain there is a drummer on IORR who can really detail it. Very very cool. Almost like a fast version of a disco beat. Early sample here --> http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/2015-06-17-Nashville-StartMeUp-roughpreview.mp3

Sympathy - Keith's timing was not perfect, but the song went over really well. The whole crowd was singing the woo woo's before Mick and backing crew ever asked for it. Fun version.

Brown Sugar - Keith's guitar was not loud enough on the intro but then it picked up. My favorite part of this version was Ronnie's extra licks in the intro. Really really cool! This song could've gone on longer and we all would've been happy. Honestly, they should be ending the show with this song as the encore.

YCAGWYW - The choir came out and sang beautifully (as we could hear from row 11) but the sound guys goofed. They eventually brought the mics into the mix and we got to hear a little bit of the choir before the song really started.

Satisfaction - BORING. Drop this song from the set permanently. That, or change up the version to be more like 1971 or something. This song just bores me to death. I really hate being a hardcore fan. Keith and Darryl had a few exchanges where it seemed like they had a look of 'dun dun, dun dun dun, dah dhad da da...'. Its that one riff over and over. Daggumit I hate being a hardore fan! Why on earth are they not ending shows with THE LAST TIME???

Final thoughts: The setlist is geared toward first time fans. The problem is that the vast majority of folks in the audience have already seen them atleast once. I did not meet a single first time fan but I am sure they are out there. The country mini-set was fun and Midnight Rambler was great, but if they are going to keep playing the same songs every show forever and ever until they croak, then this is likely my last show. I am glad to have gotten to spend it with my Dad. His first show as 1981, mine was 1997 with him.

I hate being a fan sometimes. I am just really really tired of Miss You (the singalong where no one really plays), Gimme Shelter (aka "the Lisa song"), Satisfaction (dun dun, dun dun dun dun), etc.. Honestly, I enjoyed the show. I really did. However, I cannot understand why anyone would want to visit multiple shows on this tour. I'll follow the Periscope feeds and listen to the one or two tracks that get switched out every night, but thats it.

If I ever do attend another Stones show, I will not be paying $350 per ticket. It is just way too much money for a Rolling Stones concert. Again, I really enjoyed the show but simply cannot justify $740 (w/fees) for this show. I would've felt a lot better at $150/ticket and if I ever go again, thats what I'll do.

I am still a fan btw and samples of my recording are above. I plan on mixing it next week as I do a live broadcast gig (not Periscope!) and will put it out soon. Whole show came out great. I'll look forward to revisiting and seeing if just pure listening changes my mind about any of the above.

Date: June 19, 2015 04:39

Thanks Drake for your review. I agree with most of your points and that explains why I didn't hear the choir until the 3 lines before the start of the song in YCAGWYW.

While you are correct on Tumbling Dice messing up at the start and the ending, the meat in the middle was solid.

I thought Far Away Eyes was the highlight of the show and it was perfect for the occasion. I thought Ronnie could have played more to have made it "fuller" if that is a word.

For Midnight Rambler- I may have thrown in some bias as I love Taylor on every version I have ever heard. His crunching rhythm and great solos. I will say this Keith played great on this. I am not sure if I mentioned that above.

What I disagree on is Wild Horses- maybe because I was just so impressed with Ronnie's playing. He kind of put a little of the studio work and maybe a little bit of how Gram's band (Flying Burrito Brothers) played the song. Thought it was great. Since it is one of my wife's favorite Stones songs, I was happy they played it.

I agree with you on JJR and IORR. JJF is the perfect opener. Would love for Ronnie to tear into a solo rather than playing the same high notes part in the outro of the song. I guess I keep hearing the 69 solos and now the Leeds 1971 solo in my head and wish it were there for 2015.

I noticed Ronnie was playing more in Brown Sugar than I am used to hearing him play since the 75 tour- but I felt he played a little conservative when he could have added a little solo (if he is allowed to) especially since everyone has heard Clapton's take on the solo by now.

All in all, I think if I ranked the songs from the Nashville show:
1. Far Away Eyes
2. Dead Flowers
3. Wild Horses
4. Jumping Jack Flash
5. Start Me Up
6. Bitch
7. Tumbling Dice
Tracks 8-18 could all me mixed up but the bottom 2- D & G and YGMR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 05:35 by bigmac7895.

Date: June 19, 2015 05:46

this might help jog your memory on those songs... https://vimeo.com/hatfieldmedia/review/131139848/e6f2fd2c97 (not finished yet but a good preview)

You have a good point on Wild Horses. Man I need to go revisit the Flying Burrito Brothers. Lots of great music there. My dad and I were talking about all the great opening acts they used to have... George Thorogood, ZZ Top, Fabulous Thunderbirds etc...

Regarding Rambler, I feel completely spoiled having seen Taylor TEAR IT UP in Chicago a few years back. The whole venue exploded with enthousiasm. It was like the audience was in a coma until Taylor came out. The performance was electric, every time. Every. Single. Time. Additionally the performance of Can't You Hear Me Knocking with Taylor was also a highlight. My father, and most of the greater Stones community, locally and globally, will never get to experience any further Taylor interaction. Talk about elevating a classic!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:52

Truly enjoyed these intelligent reviews!
Hope the band see them.

Thanks guys.

Date: June 19, 2015 17:34

Thanks Drake for the link. WOW is all I have to say with that being an audience recording. The only audience recordings I have ever heard this good were from the mid-90s when the Black Crowes had some tapers right at the stack and the equipment was good so the tapes sounded excellent... but yours is awesome! When I went to the Nashville 2002 show, I downloaded an audience recording just to have it in my collection but it is really not that good of a recording.

I wished then (and still do now) that they would do what many other bands were doing and let folks download the show upon completion but I guess pride about mistakes kept them from allowing people to download the shows. Think about it- if I paid $ 200 (back in 2002) or $ 350 in 2015- why wouldn't I pay $ 10-15 for a FLAC download of the show afterwards? 40000 x $ 15 = $ 600,000 more dollars in the bank for the band.

At any rate- thanks for your review. I like your objectivity and will really love the recording once you are ready to release. I hope you will not mind me grabbing a copy when it is complete.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:37

Loved reading those reviews Drake and bigmac7895. Thanks so much for sharing. smileys with beer

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:11

Great reviews! Fair and objective. As someone who is going to multiple shows on this gig, well, I'm personally taking every chance I can get to see them. I missed several opportunities from 81 thru Babylon, don't even remember what I was doing that I missed out - probably youth hockey or baseball games or something. I get your point though and you have seen them far more than I. I think we all agree on 'Miss You'! I call it 'Miss You While I Buy Some Merch'.

Also, the recording is incredible - where do you share, Drake? Will it be on DIME? Sorry if you have answered this elsewhere.

Date: June 19, 2015 23:43

I will post the recording here, Waffles and Dime, in both FLAC and awesome V0 mp3.

Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:22

DoomandGloom
Naturalust
Steven
Security is learning with each show and the pre-show meeting focused on denying the self upgraders trying to get to the rail and front row w/o respecting those who paid top dollar for the right to be there. Nashville also eliminated those selling bootleg t-shirts outside the venue.

Here are a few amatuer photos from our vantage point:

[www.facebook.com]

Nice photos. Looks like you guys were some of the ones paying top dollar for the tickets and appreciated the security guys doing their jobs. smoking smiley

peace
once the first note hits it's general admission buddy.

grinning smiley Those were the days.

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:06

Official Nashville video:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 12:13

Doom And Gloom is to be removed from the set list !!! It is a ridiculous song...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 20, 2015 13:46

Midnight rambler best version, I did not feel the lack of Taylor, in fact this is a dirty version, just like I like it.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 21, 2015 06:45

Question for the Brits:
Is the expression "hotter than a monkey's bum" a common one in the UK?

(I really hope it's just a part of the vernacular, otherwise I'm worried as to how Mick Jagger would know something like that..........)

Date: June 21, 2015 07:13

Download link below, but I really need to get it on Wetransfer so that I don't have 2000 people downloading it from my server.

Direct download - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/2015-06-17-Nashville-TN-Drake-Aud-mp3.zip

I also made a landing page where I will post some more photos etc... http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/rolling-stones-lp-field/

Feel free to share wherever possible. Dimeadozen has become more militant since I first started sharing there. Apparently you can't upload without an MD5 checksum file. Anyone who cares to save me some Google time and provide a quick program/walkthrough on creating that file, will help speed up getting the FLAC out there! Its been since 2006 since I uploaded to DIME!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:35

flacnvinyl
Download link below, but I really need to get it on Wetransfer so that I don't have 2000 people downloading it from my server.

Direct download - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/2015-06-17-Nashville-TN-Drake-Aud-mp3.zip

I also made a landing page where I will post some more photos etc... http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/rolling-stones-lp-field/

Feel free to share wherever possible. Dimeadozen has become more militant since I first started sharing there. Apparently you can't upload without an MD5 checksum file. Anyone who cares to save me some Google time and provide a quick program/walkthrough on creating that file, will help speed up getting the FLAC out there! Its been since 2006 since I uploaded to DIME!
Thanks for sharing! All I have is a phone at the moment, but finally got it to unzip on it and can plug it into my car for some great tunes while driving.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 21, 2015 10:09

Many thanks for the download, Drake! thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 21, 2015 11:10

Thank you, Drake - it will soon be sharing the car stereo with Stcky Fingers Deluxe.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 21, 2015 15:51

flacnvinyl

You need to use Traders Little Helper to create one.
Or put it on Electric Ladyland...it's a lot kinder than DaD

Date: June 21, 2015 16:39

Munichhilton
flacnvinyl

You need to use Traders Little Helper to create one.
Or put it on Electric Ladyland...it's a lot kinder than DaD

Done! Great utility!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:09

bigmac7895
I noticed Ronnie was playing more in Brown Sugar than I am used to hearing him play since the 75 tour- but I felt he played a little conservative when he could have added a little solo (if he is allowed to) especially since everyone has heard Clapton's take on the solo by now.

Are you referring to the version with Clapton on slide? It sounds very similar to the solo Mick Taylor played on one of the early versions so I'm not sure that is Clapton. (Although I always thought it was Clapton...oh those Bluesbreakers)

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: June 21, 2015 18:26

Drake thanks for your time and generosity! Its Fathers Day at the Jersey Shore and The Stones live at Nashville are rocking the shore!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 25 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home