Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:09

Thanks again Drake!- Can't wait for the mastered download.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:32

tomy1
Drake - were you at the Orlando show - recordeing?

I was not! But if anyone has a spare ticket and a plane ticket I'll be there in a heartbeat!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 19, 2015 19:19

Thank you so much Drake! You made my day!

Nashville seems to be a very solid performance and the guys rocked their guts out.
I was especially impressed of the energetic SFTD. The only low point for me was Happy with it`s weak guitar department.

But, overall, a very good gig!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 19, 2015 19:38

My only things about the show, at this stage of the Tour are, get rid of Doom and Gloom. O.K. if every other show maybe if Mick really likes it that much. smiling smiley

Please Keith, you must be getting bored playing BTTTMMR and Happy at every gig.

Would be great if you could mix in Little T & A, Thief in The Night, Thru and Thru, Slipping Away, You Got the Silver or I Just Can't be Seen With You.

Any of these would make most fans Happy.

Otherwise ,I think this Tour and the setlists have been fantastic for Stadium shows.

Roll on Pitsburgh. thumbs up

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 19, 2015 19:51

The thing about being a professional musician is the ability to play the same songs over and over and over and being happy aboput it. It is not about getting "bored", it is about being a pro and playing songs like it is the first time for the fans who want to hear the song.

Paying fans dont want to hear about them being bored or not in the mood or being sick, having a bad day, "don't feel like it", had a fight with the girlfriend, etc etc etc. Fans pay and they want to hear the songs played and it is the pro's job to play the song like it is the first (really after practice the 20th) time.

Date: June 19, 2015 19:58

crawdaddy
My only things about the show, at this stage of the Tour are, get rid of Doom and Gloom. O.K. if every other show maybe if Mick really likes it that much. smiling smiley

Please Keith, you must be getting bored playing BTTTMMR and Happy at every gig.

Would be great if you could mix in Little T & A, Thief in The Night, Thru and Thru, Slipping Away, You Got the Silver or I Just Can't be Seen With You.

Any of these would make most fans Happy.

Otherwise ,I think this Tour and the setlists have been fantastic for Stadium shows.

Roll on Pitsburgh. thumbs up

I agree with D&G.

And I love Happy as a studio version and many, many renditions during 1970-81. Thru and Thru would be a very, very, nice gesture and surprise for all sort of audience indeed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 20:10 by wesley.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:08

Relms
The thing about being a professional musician is the ability to play the same songs over and over and over and being happy aboput it.

You got me there, Relms. I thought it had something to do with being creative and evolving as a musician. To be in the frontline and trying new things in order to progress as an artist. And stuff like that. How wrong was I?

Date: June 19, 2015 20:10

Stoneage
Relms
The thing about being a professional musician is the ability to play the same songs over and over and over and being happy aboput it.

You got me there, Relms. I thought it had something to do with being creative and evolving as a musician. To be in the frontline and trying new things in order to progress as an artist. And stuff like that. How wrong was I?
Its OK, no one really expects you to understand these types of things.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:18

relms
The thing about being a professional musician is the ability to play the same songs over and over and over and being happy aboput it. It is not about getting "bored", it is about being a pro and playing songs like it is the first time for the fans who want to hear the song.

Paying fans dont want to hear about them being bored or not in the mood or being sick, having a bad day, "don't feel like it", had a fight with the girlfriend, etc etc etc. Fans pay and they want to hear the songs played and it is the pro's job to play the song like it is the first (really after practice the 20th) time.

I accept he isn't bored with those two songs as it is his choice what two songs he sings.

Just wish it would be another two songs now and again out of the list I gave ,which are his usual stuff, but anything will do. He done a bit of Danny Boy at The Point in Dublin when I was standing about 4 metres away from the man. Obviously that went down a treat in Dublin. smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2015 20:20

One more impressive thing of the Drake`s Nashville audio:
In my opinion they really are "on, and together", enjoying and reflecting at every situation.
Just my humble opinion.

I´ve seen them six times during 1990-2014 and if I would have been there in Nashville, I could have rank this gig in a high position.

Date: June 19, 2015 20:28

Hey can someone whip up some artwork? If you email me I'll be glad to send over the photo I took towards the end of the show might work well for a back cover

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:30

Stoneage
Relms

You answered your own question, Stoneage. In your second sentence, you mention "a musician" and in your third, you mention "an artist". These two terms, although sometimes related are not synonyms. Sometimes you'll find an artist who is a musician. Sometimes you'll find a musician who is an artist. But to say all musicians are artists or all artists are musicians are equally wrong statements.

I'll bet there's a thread about this somewhere on the site... Or a discussion of the concept inside another thread. Probably we shouldn't hijack this show thread by getting to far off topic.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:31

MR I heard this version is fantastic, Ronnie brilliant here!

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:32

Pretty deep Mr DJA, which one are you? winking smiley I've been both during the course of a day, a musician in band A and and artist in band B. smoking smiley

I would correct relms assertion that " being a professional musician is the ability to play the same songs over and over and over and being appear happy about it"

Pretty sure this is what he was saying anyway. I can't imagine that Mick is genuinely happy singing those songs after so many times, he's just too good of an actor to show it. But there is something very intuitive in our ability to discern when a singer is truly coming from the heart and inpassioned about the music. I believe Jagger lost that passion sometime in the 80's but thankfully his ability to act the part just gets better and better.

peace

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:34

Drake, thank you so much for sharing the recording. Great! So clear, amazing!
Unfortunately I can't do artwork, sorry.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:05

thanks for doing it and sharing it Drake

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:07

Naturalust
Pretty deep Mr DJA, which one are you? winking smiley I've been both during the course of a day, a musician in band A and and artist in band B. smoking smiley

I would correct relms assertion that " being a professional musician is the ability to play the same songs over and over and over and being appear happy about it"

Pretty sure this is what he was saying anyway. I can't imagine that Mick is genuinely happy singing those songs after so many times, he's just too good of an actor to show it. But there is something very intuitive in our ability to discern when a singer is truly coming from the heart and inpassioned about the music. I believe Jagger lost that passion sometime in the 80's but thankfully his ability to act the part just gets better and better.

peace

You know me well, my friend! I too have gone (and will go again) from musician in band A to artist in band b all in the course of a single day. Your modification of relms statement probably very accurate for this site.

Only Jagger could tell you if your theory on his thoughts are accurate, or not. I have a feeling you'd be close to the truth though. I'd guess that he enjoyed performing as "an artist" at certain points of his career and as "an entertainer (musician)" in others. I think it was Keith who said recently that he currently thinks of himself more as "an entertainer" than as a musician(?). I'd imagine that Mick and the rest of the band may not be far from that same feeling.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:13

Thank you so very much DRAKE for the superb recording!!!!!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:24

I would love to hear Paisleys opening set again.
He played the 2 last songs with Joe Walsh but also tore up Crushin It and Southern Comfort Zone...it would've been nice to see hear The World or Me Neither but he did great

Anyone record?

Posted by: jjswift ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:50

Got home from Nashville last night. I was unable to attend any of the other shows on this tour but am so happy that we saw this one. Mick's voice was strong and clear. The man absolutely can still sing and perform. Ronnie and Keith sounded sooo good. They were simply amazing. And Charlie, I've always had respect for Charlie as a drummer and Wed. night I fell in love with him all over again. I'm sure this is sounding like one of those people who think the Rolling Stones can do no wrong but that is not so. I am saying they put on a great show because THEY PUT ON A GREAT SHOW. There were a few glitches, the sound for the choir at the beginning of YCAGWYW and Tim's horn were a couple of things but they were quickly dealt with. The crowd in our section was a good one. On my left was a couple of middle age and on our right were people in their 20's and we were all up on our feet and rocking. This was truly a great concert. The walk over to LP Field was exciting (thousands of us walking across the pedestrian bridge and everyone happy) and interesting (the street preacher standing on the corner urging all of us not to go). The walk back was interesting too. Someone on here described it as walking like penguins and that made me laugh but was right on the mark. Also saw several people DOWN on the ground after the concert. The first was just outside the entrance of the gate in the grass, the second was lying in the parking lot with his bicycle and another was near the end of the pedestrian bridge. All of them had people checking on them, the last one was being attended to by members of the Fire Dept. Guess they were completely overcome by the Rolling Stones....or SOMETHING! Our boys Rocked Nashville!!! To all of those who are waiting for your concert get ready. The Stones are hot. Wishing all a wonderful show and let us know how it went.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:16

Video Stones backstage with guests:
(Thanks to WKRN)
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:24

Very, very, very, very good!!!!!

Date: June 20, 2015 01:50

Naturalust

You are not worthy to be correcting anybody and especially unworthy to speak for what Mick Jagger is thinking or is happy about.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 02:09

Is there a photo thread yet? I've been too busy to look. Here are a handful of the many I have.

-nathan (from austin)

Date: June 20, 2015 03:32

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 20, 2015 03:41

Cool pics !!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:09

Posted by: Keef551 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:18

I love that song, Doom and Gloom. It's so topical and rockin.

Posted by: Keef551 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:20

Awsome! Thanks so much for spreading the love!!

Date: June 20, 2015 04:29

bleedingman

The check is in the mail, I'm sure! Very nice work, many thanks!

The funny thing to me is that he mentioned my company (Hatfield Media) and then gave the link. I am glad for anyone to get it and will not take it down. I'll just update it soon. What a great environment where everyone can share the experience without threats. Fun stuff!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home