Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26
Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:48

SackofBrokenEggs
The Sicilian

Be careful showing any negativity or criticisms about anything Stones in this thread. You can only express platitudes of love and joy.

Can't you see you're the turd in the punchbowl on this thread? Everyone else realizes it. Leave others to be cheerful. If people want to express good cheer on this thread then allow them to do that. What motivates you? I'm sure no one has a problem with other members mentioning a song or two here and there that they'd like changed. At least save it until the show is over.

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism in its time and place. But it's your relentless negativity that brings everyone else down. And then you try to put a positive spin on all your deep seated negativity, like it's everyone else's problem. Enough already. Go off and complain someplace else.

First off saying I thought Far Away Eyes came off crappy is far from relentless negativity. Quite frankly, I don't care what you think. I've been on this board long enough to see that you are the instigator with your way over the top whines about nothing. Dealing with spoiled kids and losers is one reason why this board has lost many fine people who made this site what it is. It is quite clear who the small group of troublemakers are lurking around here. But keep up the positive reinforcement and get a real job while your at it.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:50

Brad Paisley? Never heard of him! Is he cool country, like Gram, Lucinda Williams, J Cash, or is he like 99% of country music that gets thrown out by Nashville these days.... Generic, soulless, commercial shite.

Nice setlist.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:54

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:15 by colonial.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:57

Munichhilton
Wife won't let the son go just yet
I need a 2017 tour for that...
Took youngest daughter to Arlington and oldest to Nashville
They both love the Stones so the open mouthed expressions when things just explode is emotionally quite satisfying...

Well we now know who wears the pants in your family. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:57

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:04

colonial
Green Lady
From Joe Walsh's Twitter: "Hanging with my brothers"

Joe Walsh cool smiley always a happy,pleasant easy going dude

Eagles will be playing in Buffalo a week after the Stones on July 18th. Here is setlist from a show last week:

Set 1:

01. Saturday Night
02. Train Leaves Here This Morning
(Dillard & Clark cover)
03. Peaceful Easy Feeling
04. Witchy Woman
05. Doolin-Dalton
06. Tequila Sunrise
07. Doolin'-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise)
08. Already Gone
09. The Best of My Love
10. Lyin' Eyes
11. One of These Nights
12. Take It to the Limit

Set 2:

12. Wasted Time (Reprise)
13. Pretty Maids All in a Row
14. I Can't Tell You Why
15. New Kid in Town
16. Love Will Keep Us Alive
17. Heartache Tonight
18. Those Shoes
19. In the City
(Joe Walsh song)
20. Life's Been Good
(Joe Walsh song)
21. The Long Run
22. Funk #49
(James Gang cover)
23. Life in the Fast Lane

Encore:

24. Hotel California
25. Take It Easy
26. Rocky Mountain Way
(Joe Walsh song)
27. Desperado

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:06

Naturalust

What an amazing shot of Keith. I don't think I've ever seen him look so happy. Makes me happy just looking at it. Really nice work Bjornulf!

peace

Yeah, he looks happy and healthy. I'm betting every professional photographer will wish they had taken this shot upon seeing it.

BV, you should tweet this picture with an @rollingstones tag. They're sure to re-tweet it.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:07

Beast
tnhybrid
Freaking amazing show. I am totally exhausted from dancing - just like it should be!! Two hours went by in a flash, would have loved two more.

Apologize on behalf of Nashville for the issues with the venue, though - we felt like we were treated badly by the staff, who barked at us, but worse was - we were way over to the left in the third row and you had to walk ALL THE WAY to the back to get out to pee or get water. They wouldn't let you use any of the closer aisles to get back up to the top. We were told there would be concession vendors but none ever came.

Mind you it was a billion percent humidity, really miserably hot. The Bridgestone Arena is a lot nicer - hopefully they play two nights there next time and skip LP Field winking smiley

But - great great show. Hopefully it will shut up some people I know who unfortunately think they're "too old" these days.

So it wasn't just us so badly treated by security? Never seen anything so appalling. They wouldn't allow anyone on the rail at all and were unbelievably aggressive and nasty, even threatening to throw me out at one point. Mick didn't come down the catwalk half as much as in Orlando and it could be this was due to the absence of anyone on the rail (on Ronnie's side at least).

Fantastic Rambler, with Mick as a particular highlight, and great guitar performances generally from Ronnie & Keith, despite the various flubs here and there. Never heard of Brad Paisley before but was unexpectedly surprised by him, including his guest spot in the country set.

Mick was right too about it being " hotter than a monkey's bum", as he so charmingly put it x

Hi Beast! You made it over from the UK! RU going to Kansas City?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:14

#BVstoocoolfortwitter

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:21

The Sicilian
SackofBrokenEggs
The Sicilian

Be careful showing any negativity or criticisms about anything Stones in this thread. You can only express platitudes of love and joy.

Can't you see you're the turd in the punchbowl on this thread? Everyone else realizes it. Leave others to be cheerful. If people want to express good cheer on this thread then allow them to do that. What motivates you? I'm sure no one has a problem with other members mentioning a song or two here and there that they'd like changed. At least save it until the show is over.

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism in its time and place. But it's your relentless negativity that brings everyone else down. And then you try to put a positive spin on all your deep seated negativity, like it's everyone else's problem. Enough already. Go off and complain someplace else.

First off saying I thought Far Away Eyes came off crappy is far from relentless negativity. Quite frankly, I don't care what you think. I've been on this board long enough to see that you are the instigator with your way over the top whines about nothing. Dealing with spoiled kids and losers is one reason why this board has lost many fine people who made this site what it is. It is quite clear who the small group of troublemakers are lurking around here. But keep up the positive reinforcement and get a real job while your at it.

You're doing it again, you're projecting your negativity onto me. I'm not the reason people have been leaving this board. I haven't been on this board for five years. OK, so you've been here everyday for the past nine years. Think logically, wouldn't it be more likely that people have been leaving the board because of you?

I've been a Stones fan since I was ten years old. I know their material, believe me. Everyone was trying to enjoy themselves on this thread last night. It's not just this setlist thread that you've been interrupting, you do it habitually. With the new periscoping technology, I feel like I'm telling the talkers at shows to shut up when people type their little nasty-grams on here while I trying to enjoy the music.

Stop thinking about yourself for five minutes, and allow people to enjoy themselves on this board if they want to. You're the one coming off like the complaining brat here. Nobody needs to constantly read through these little remarks that The Sicilian is unhappy with the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Myteem32 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:23

Thoughts on the tour...went to Petco for opener & had a blast...band a little rough around edges but no complaints..have been on periscope tour for all the others...quite challenging but really fun..feels like goin to show with no ticket, finding a good seat but then have to keep searching for new seats all night long! Big thanks to Drake, Melody & ironman Wesley for last nites work! Loved the country trifecta & woulda been perfect time for Keith to drop BTMMR in favor of You Got the Silver! Nothing like being at the show but couch tour rocks.

Date: June 18, 2015 23:45

My lucky dips were in Sec 135 row E so that was a Stones mini-miracle! So happy! I had 2 sets, one for me and one for my son and all 4 seats were together, 2 Lucky Dip envelopes in a row. Super Lucky! I can only say that the Stones are playing the best than they have played in ages. They totally nailed every song, they KILLED IT! MICK commented that the VIP ROOM was filled with musicians and never saw so many heartbreakers in one place! . So I think they were showing off their concert skills and talents to show them how its done! Keef and Ronnie were SO ON FIRE! MICK was strutting his stuff masterfully. He also said it was hotter than a monkeys cum or something sick, monkeys nut? Not sure but it was funny. So hot and humid there, everyone was sweating through their clothes. Lisa outdid herself on Shelter. Paisley, Walsh and Carrie Underwood were top notch as far as openers go. But the best song of the night was HONKY TONK!! The entire stadium was on their feet cheering shouting singing dancing, totally amazeballs!! The run of Bitch (my handle) Far Away Eyes, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, and HTW was so great, I am very very happy with the show. My son's friend was a 25 year old "virgin" so now he's hooked for life! It feels great doing that!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:47

Myteem32
Thoughts on the tour...went to Petco for opener & had a blast...band a little rough around edges but no complaints..have been on periscope tour for all the others...quite challenging but really fun..feels like goin to show with no ticket, finding a good seat but then have to keep searching for new seats all night long! Big thanks to Drake, Melody & ironman Wesley for last nites work! Loved the country trifecta & woulda been perfect time for Keith to drop BTMMR in favor of You Got the Silver! Nothing like being at the show but couch tour rocks.

couch tour rocks !!! WELL PUT!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:55

Naturalust
Munichhilton
Wife won't let the son go just yet
I need a 2017 tour for that...
Took youngest daughter to Arlington and oldest to Nashville
They both love the Stones so the open mouthed expressions when things just explode is emotionally quite satisfying...

Well we now know who wears the pants in your family. winking smiley

peace

You got that right...I haven't been seen in anything but shorts for 20 years...
Don't know why she's so attached to the little guy, he'd have been fine

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:10

Nice recording there Drake! A bit better than mine, which I only had an Android phone using voice recorder. Sadly I no longer have a PC to do anything with mine. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear and maybe get the whole thing.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:12

smileys with beer That sounds brilliant. Respect Drake.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:20

Wild Horses can't drag me away from Nashville, but SouthWest is leaving at 6:20pm sharp for Pittsburgh, and I must be on that plane. So long Nashville. I will be back. Miss You!

Bjornulf

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:27

tumblingdice
Nice recording there Drake! A bit better than mine, which I only had an Android phone using voice recorder. Sadly I no longer have a PC to do anything with mine. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear and maybe get the whole thing.

Sounds great Drake. Almost made the drive from Lex to the show but couldnt' get away in time.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:44

two4fun111
tumblingdice

Sounds great Drake. Almost made the drive from Lex to the show but couldnt' get away in time.

Well if you ever want to make the drive over to Louisville you can visit the new studio! We play Mario Kart and drink bourbon in the afternoons! I am planning on bringing my turntable and vinyl to permanently setup in the lobby as well.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:46

Temps in the high 90s with heat index well over 100 was challenging for everyone, but how a bunch of 70 year olds can perform at a top level under such conditions is simply amazing. Another great performance particularly if you enjoy the relative rare country selections as a change of pace. To be clear, this was not ATL in terms of tightness, energy, and audience participation but great particularly under the conditions. Sound system and Ronnie/Keef's playing was exceptionally good.

Security is learning with each show and the pre-show meeting focused on denying the self upgraders trying to get to the rail and front row w/o respecting those who paid top dollar for the right to be there. Nashville also eliminated those selling bootleg t-shirts outside the venue.

Here are a few amatuer photos from our vantage point:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:48

So far this has been the Zip Stadium tour show I would have loved attending. Keith played real good stuff on Bitch, the setlist was good. Dallas was great too but the very idea of CYHMK is just hollow for me this tour. So glad I got to see Bobby 2 years ago a great gift to us all. Real good Dead Flowers with BP, I wonder if he even fully understands the verse he sings, he's better off not knowing. KR seems to be leaning n Gibsons more and more, the Tele is just a fraction of Keith's pallet, love to see him bust out the Black Les Paul Custom on SFD, I am pretty sure he still has a few. To the people arguing, this is a fan site, I enjoy opinions but am here to get away from chois, we're all guilty sometimes but I have learned on IORR that this band is a gift. We need a NY show, BV would you ask em'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 00:49 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 00:53

Steven
Security is learning with each show and the pre-show meeting focused on denying the self upgraders trying to get to the rail and front row w/o respecting those who paid top dollar for the right to be there. Nashville also eliminated those selling bootleg t-shirts outside the venue.

[www.facebook.com]

Nice photos. Looks like you guys were some of the ones paying top dollar for the tickets and appreciated the security guys doing their jobs. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:18

Myteem32
....have been on periscope tour for all the others...quite challenging but really fun..feels like goin to show with no ticket, finding a good seat but then have to keep searching for new seats all night long!...

Scoping the shows IS a lot of fun. I can feel that energy right through the internets. Every show has a different feel and vibe and it is awesome and virtually moving around the arena from scoper to scoper is fun, although I am ready to sit next to Tiger Debbie at the next show all night long, I hope she does as well as she has in the last shows she scoped. She is great at it.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:28

Naturalust
Steven

[www.facebook.com]

Nice photos. Looks like you guys were some of the ones paying top dollar for the tickets and appreciated the security guys doing their jobs. smoking smiley

peace
once the first note hits it's general admission buddy.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:46

i will definitely be down this summer ..sooner than later

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:49

DoomandGloom
So far this has been the Zip Stadium tour show I would have loved attending. Keith played real good stuff on Bitch, the setlist was good. Dallas was great too but the very idea of CYHMK is just hollow for me this tour. So glad I got to see Bobby 2 years ago a great gift to us all. Real good Dead Flowers with BP, I wonder if he even fully understands the verse he sings, he's better off not knowing. KR seems to be leaning n Gibsons more and more, the Tele is just a fraction of Keith's pallet, love to see him bust out the Black Les Paul Custom on SFD, I am pretty sure he still has a few. To the people arguing, this is a fan site, I enjoy opinions but am here to get away from chois, we're all guilty sometimes but I have learned on IORR that this band is a gift. We need a NY show, BV would you ask em'?

There is a NY show... [www.iorr.org]
A mere 6+ hour drive from NYC..
What us north-westerners (and others) wouldn't give...smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2015 01:50

Great work, Drake!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:57

I saw that pic of Walsh with Keith and Ron and immediately Rocky Mountain Way went through my mind, thinking how much better a guest spot that would have been (at the risk of offending the whine police, and I know its a fantasy, Joe was not working that night and the Stones don't do other people's songs).

Date: June 19, 2015 02:02

Rokyfan
I saw that pic of Walsh with Keith and Ron and immediately Rocky Mountain Way went through my mind, thinking how much better a guest spot that would have been (at the risk of offending the whine police, and I know its a fantasy, Joe was not working that night and the Stones don't do other people's songs).

Joe played with Paisley.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:03

bv
Wild Horses can't drag me away from Nashville, but SouthWest is leaving at 6:20pm sharp for Pittsburgh, and I must be on that plane. So long Nashville. I will be back. Miss You!

When the plane left the station...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home