Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26
Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:26

Nikkei
Compare the stage design from 2014 with this one. Don't you see how it's slowly (from show to show) being swallowed by an ugly grey tent? There's a notable difference between the setup from Orlando and Nashville. To Midimannz: Don't get your panties in a bunch. I will start the regular whining as soon as I get to listen to Drakes recording. Did You go to any shows, btw?

The stage was different this show because they used the base for rigging from the stage used for the CMA festival last weekend. It looked different in Texas because they had a ceiling they could hang the rigging from. This tour is not an expensive stand-alone stage as we have seen in all of the stones past tours.
They are now using a standard touring stage and putting their own fascia, rented screens, and runways to dress it up a bit. Its the same structure and tent that any other stadium act (springsteen, Chesney, etc.) would use. With a short 15 date tour it isn't worth it to build a Steel Wheels, Babylon, or Bigger Bang sized set. I read somewhere that they didn't break even until 30 or 40 dates into those tours because of the production costs.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:34

Economically it makes sense and most of the time I find it pretty too but it seems to have "bad dress days" when it ends up looking just cheap.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:40

flacnvinyl
DandelionPowderman
flacnvinyl
I am completely spent. Great show. Loved the mini country set. Sorry my feed didn't work out well. My signal was not solid and it didn't help that we had some tall guys in front of us. I wasn't going to hold my phone above my head the whole show but I did leave it streaming.

The good news is that I recorded the audio. I won't know how it came out until tomorrow.

Tumbling Dice, Doom & Gloom, Miss You and Satisfaction need to be dropped from the setlist permanently. Ronnie was BRILLIANT. Keith was ON.

Happy early fathers day to me and my dad!

That's awesome, Drake! Can't wait to hear how it turned out.

The drive home through the night was brutal. Just got home, 4am.. The recording came out great. Man was that a loud concert. Might be my last. If so it was a great way to go out.

Hey Drake, glad you had a great time, so did I. The sound was really good, very loud guitars. I will simply add to the praise heeped on Keith and Ronnie, they were both on fire last night. I've seen them enough now to recognize when Mick's energy is flagging, but not last night. He was all over the place, happy, and playful, and in very strong voice.
Have to add - the foot traffic was brutal as well. The friend I went with lives in Nashville and she commented that she's never seen it so crowded getting out of LP Field. Crossing the bridge took forever because we all had to merge....at one point we were trying to turn to get up the ramp and everyone was so crammed together we had to shuffle like penguins. People were getting testy, the woman behind me kept moaning that she had to pee. Someone shouted out, "We're salmon!", and it broke the ice. No cabs in sight anywhere, so we walked all the back to The Best Western where I am staying. I did get to walk through Broadway and see all the honky tonks, which was cool. Between all the standing and walking these past few days, my dogs are tired today. But, I'm not complaining, I'll rest up a bit and then it's off to Pittsburgh for me. Gotta catch a plane in a little, safe travels to me and everyone else. smiling smiley

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:53

jahisnotdead
relms
wattsamattawityouBOY?

nuthinceptsumtimsiwannaSANG
Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh, Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh smileys with beer

After listening to a Stones concert (even on periscope) I wake up with the show in my head. It is awesome!

Date: June 18, 2015 17:55

DandelionPowderman
I thought the Far Away Eyes version was very good thumbs up
thumbs up
Me too, I thought it sounded great and fun!

Date: June 18, 2015 17:59

andrewt
Stoneage
Where did all the whining go? Now we're back to the "every show is the best ever" rhetoric again! Don't we need som whining to even things out?

First we let people enjoy the high of being there, then we shall resume normal programming in one of the segregated threads, as written in the constitution.

The meeting will commence shortly.
Snacks and light refreshments will be served.

Or how about do keep the whining and whiners in the whiner threads [www.iorr.org]

Date: June 18, 2015 18:01

flacnvinyl
I am completely spent. Great show. Loved the mini country set. Sorry my feed didn't work out well. My signal was not solid and it didn't help that we had some tall guys in front of us. I wasn't going to hold my phone above my head the whole show but I did leave it streaming.

The good news is that I recorded the audio. I won't know how it came out until tomorrow.

Tumbling Dice, Doom & Gloom, Miss You and Satisfaction need to be dropped from the setlist permanently. Ronnie was BRILLIANT. Keith was ON.

Happy early fathers day to me and my dad!

Happy Fathers day to you both smileys with beer, Thanks for you efforts at the show Drake.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:03

I fell asleep to the closing chords of Brown Sugar... will have to go and check YouTube for Mick's guitar strap fail! Thank you to all the scopers/IORR reporters!

Date: June 18, 2015 18:08

I fell asleep during the goddamn soundcheck. I'll need some attitude adjustment.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:11

relms
andrewt
Stoneage
Where did all the whining go? Now we're back to the "every show is the best ever" rhetoric again! Don't we need som whining to even things out?

First we let people enjoy the high of being there, then we shall resume normal programming in one of the segregated threads, as written in the constitution.

The meeting will commence shortly.
Snacks and light refreshments will be served.

Or how about do keep the whining and whiners in the whiner threads [www.iorr.org]

That's what I said. And we prefer to be called snobs.smoking smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:12

Nikkei
I fell asleep during the goddamn soundcheck. I'll need some attitude adjustment.

well at least you're in Europe, I was only an hour ahead of the show

Date: June 18, 2015 18:24

Well in my time zone, I've just finished the perfect 9 to 5 day. The double life can be a grind at times...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:25

I read through all the pages a few hours ago and how refreshing to read without moans and whining.

Only one that was a pain, and it always amazes me why he visits this site cos he is always moaning. Got to be a troll as he does manage to wind one or two fans up. Apparently a troll gets intense pleasure out of it.

Sounds like another great gig with Bitch, Far away Eyes, Wild Horses and Dead Flowers one after each other. Brad Paisley was also a worthy support act and guest on a song , by all accounts.

Thanks to yer all for the comments, pics and videos. smileys with beer

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:40

Just finished skimming through the thread. Sounds like it was a great night! Including here on IORR for those following by periscope.

Just listening to Dead Flowers someone put up and going to listen to the Far Away Eyes link next - thanks to those putting up the links and photos. And looking forward to hearing Drake's audio. thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:01

waterrats
Turner68
Lol the ending to YCAGWYW

They began that with this tour, right?

They played it this way last year in Roskilde. smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keef94 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 19:31

Nikkei
The ongoing development of the stage design is something that seriously should be whined at. How could it end up like this? I mean it's not like maintaining an aquarium on a traveling exhibition or anything.

Good question. And before the tour, there was mention of some "interactive" stage or some nonsense like that, which I didn't really buy into. But I at least thought the damn thing would have runways that extend the width of the floor. The video screens and the sound are great, but the stage is a letdown.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:25

It was a great, great show and I needed hours to "get down" last night, still not down. Anyway, I got some pictures out on the reports pages:

[www.iorr.org]

Have to check out a bit more of amazing Nashville before I fly on to Pittsburgh later today. Updates reports have to wait, Nashville is the place to be now, and I don't know if I will be back here anytime soon...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:43

Just getting caught up here. Another amazing show. Wow.

After checking some of the vids my biggest thrill was seeing Ronnie doing so well. He is really kicking ass this whole tour! Someone mentioned that Brad Paisley carried the guitar solo on Dead Flowers but after listening I preferred Ronnie's work on that, fine job he did. His importance in this 2015 band is immeasurable, exceeding that of any other player including Keith, imo. This tour is Ronnie's Swan Song with the Stones, and lucky for him he will probably remember it.

Keith played well from what I can see and hear. It did seem like his guitar tone was cleaner than the past few shows, maybe I'm wrong.

I only wish Lisa would be a bit more supportive in her B/G vocal style. She seems to try to dominate Mick in many cases, carrying her phrasing beyond Micks. Not sure why Mick lets her get away with it. The best B/G vocals, imo, support the main vocal by starting a fraction of a second later and finishing a fraction of a second earlier than the main vocal, truly supporting it and not trying to stand out from it on either end. Gimme Shelter is unfortunately totally un-listenable these days, time to drop it from the set.

There are some amazing videos of the show from up close a personal, thanks to all the people who made the effort to record so those of us who weren't there can enjoy them.

peace

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:14

Naturalust
Gimme Shelter is unfortunately totally un-listenable these days, time to drop it from the set.

Be careful showing any negativity or criticisms about anything Stones in this thread. You can only express platitudes of love and joy.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:20

Naturalust
Gimme Shelter is unfortunately totally un-listenable these days, time to drop it from the set.

It can be but not always.
It brought the house down in Texas...I never needed to see that song live again but they made me glad I did

Posted by: keef94 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:21

bv
It was a great, great show and I needed hours to "get down" last night, still not down.

Have to check out a bit more of amazing Nashville before I fly on to Pittsburgh later today. Updates reports have to wait, Nashville is the place to be now, and I don't know if I will be back here anytime soon...

Great pics BV! Really glad to hear that you liked Nashville. There are definitely multiple aspects to it, even musically. It's Music City--not just country music city--though it's sometimes hard to tell if you're mostly on lower Broadway. Come back again sometime and check out the Americana genre, or the local rock scene. Lots of great venues to do so: The Ryman (of course), City Winery, The Basement, 3rd & Lindsley, Music City Roots, and Mercy Lounge, among MANY others.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:32

wow that one of Keith, great moment.

till the next one!

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:43

The Sicilian

Be careful showing any negativity or criticisms about anything Stones in this thread. You can only express platitudes of love and joy.

Can't you see you're the turd in the punchbowl on this thread? Everyone else realizes it. Leave others to be cheerful. If people want to express good cheer on this thread then allow them to do that. What motivates you? I'm sure no one has a problem with other members mentioning a song or two here and there that they'd like changed. At least save it until the show is over.

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism in its time and place. But it's your relentless negativity that brings everyone else down. And then you try to put a positive spin on all your deep seated negativity, like it's everyone else's problem. Enough already. Go off and complain someplace else.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:05

Mick Jagger's guitar playing has really gotten focused. He is right there in the pocket this tour. He used to push the beat but he's developed a laid back style and skill. Doing this takes perseverance and should inspire all the players here to keep developing their styles. 5 stars for MJ.

Date: June 18, 2015 22:14

The Sicilian

Yeah certainly while the show is happening, and I understand that. But I hope it's still OK to speak our minds about the recordings of the show after the fact. confused smiley We are the biggest and best Stones fans on the planet here and that does give us a bit of a right to be critical and/or suggestive at times. What could be more dull than a fan board with everyone screaming Go Team! , Best Show Ever! and I love The Rolling Stones in every post? And conversely, what could be more of a come down than reading nothing but criticism and negativity? Balance is the key.

Thankfully they are putting out such great overall shows this tour, it's easy to tip the scales towards the love and joy side and still be genuine and sincere, imo.

Munichhilton
`
It brought the house down in Texas...I never needed to see that song live again but they made me glad I did

I agree GS in Dallas seemed better than normal. I do however give most the credit to Keith and Ronnie, the guitars were what made it. Brought everybody else up a notch.

And like always, a song might be excellent in concert for the audience and just not translate as well when reviewing the mostly cell phone recordings after the fact. Glad you had a good time brother. Did you take your son? What did he think?

peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:14

DoomandGloom
Mick Jagger's guitar playing has really gotten focused. He is right there in the pocket this tour. He used to push the beat but he's developed a laid back style and skill. Doing this takes perseverance and should inspire all the players here to keep developing their styles. 5 stars for MJ.

good point..he's kinda underrated on guitar. well maybe not underrated since he hardly plays guitar during the set..

still sounds like Moonlight Mile is being played a bit fast..

but its nicely played.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:21

Auckland, New Zealand last November,2014. (It's my row one, close up DVD that's available here for everyone's pleasure) - I would LOVE to do the USA sir - hot damn !!!

The stage is better than the first one I ever saw in 1973 BTW thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 22:26 by midimannz.

Date: June 18, 2015 22:24

What an amazing shot of Keith. I don't think I've ever seen him look so happy. Makes me happy just looking at it. Really nice work Bjornulf!

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 22:25 by Naturalust.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:27

Naturalust
Thankfully they are putting out such great overall shows this tour, it's easy to tip the scales towards the love and joy side and still be genuine and sincere, imo.

Yes, thank you. It looks like the Nashville show is being universally accepted as an excellent performance, according to the people who were at the show; the periscope viewers online; etc. Can't we just be happy about a great show? That's all I'm saying. We don't always need to go to the internet to complain.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:36

Naturalust
The Sicilian

Yeah certainly while the show is happening, and I understand that. But I hope it's still OK to speak our minds about the recordings of the show after the fact. confused smiley We are the biggest and best Stones fans on the planet here and that does give us a bit of a right to be critical and/or suggestive at times. What could be more dull than a fan board with everyone screaming Go Team! , Best Show Ever! and I love The Rolling Stones in every post? And conversely, what could be more of a come down than reading nothing but criticism and negativity? Balance is the key.

Munichhilton
`

I agree GS in Dallas seemed better than normal. I do however give most the credit to Keith and Ronnie, the guitars were what made it. Brought everybody else up a notch.

And like always, a song might be excellent in concert for the audience and just not translate as well when reviewing the mostly cell phone recordings after the fact. Glad you had a good time brother. Did you take your son? What did he think?

peace

Wife won't let the son go just yet
I need a 2017 tour for that...
Took youngest daughter to Arlington and oldest to Nashville
They both love the Stones so the open mouthed expressions when things just explode is emotionally quite satisfying...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 22:48 by Munichhilton.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home