Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 26
Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 18, 2015 12:10

I thought the Far Away Eyes version was very good thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:21

DandelionPowderman
Aquamarine
JackStraw

The Highlight for me was Midnight Rambler and Ronnie was on fire tonight.

I agree on both counts. I loved Mick Taylor's work on Rambler, and was a bit unsure about hearing it without him on this tour, but Ronnie totally stepped up to the plate. (And tonight was the best I've heard Keith in a long time.)

They have always played it brilliantly - since 1975 smiling smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:34

Did Keith do the harmonising on Faraway Eyes?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:34

DandelionPowderman
They have always played it brilliantly - since 1975

I thought since 1969.
But "always" seems accurate.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:35

I believe DPman talks MR without the T factor here.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:11

Playing an extra song helps to open up the first half of the show. Please keep it at twenty songs minimum!!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:15

I too had a run in with security, took all I had to bite my tongue or I probably would have got thrown out. As for the show, wow. Keith was on all night and I loved when he got turned up in the mix. Great solos on IORR and Sympathy, heck each solo he did was good, and the small touches on WH and FAE was just as great. Ronnie tore it up all nigh but especially on MR. I recorded each song on my phone using voice recorder but set to stereo record instead of MONO like I did in Atlanta. Listened to some on the ride home and pretty decent. Some great for aud recording, others not so good. I think I picked myself up cussing people that would walk past in the row, always at a great part too it seems. And I heard my joyful laugh when Charlie came in late on TD. Not laughing at him but laughing with joy that I got to hear that. Great set list with 20 songs and really good performance. Guitars loud like I like them and Mick being Mick. I believe Atlanta was better, but man this was still great. And the opening act was the best I've seen, bolstered by the Underwood and Joe Walsh appearances. When Paisley started Lifes been good, then stopped and said that's too high for me to sing let's get someone else and I said No Way, but yep out comes Walsh. Just a great experience for the whole show. Sorry to have rambled so long...

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:34

relms
wattsamattawityouBOY?

nuthinceptsumtimsiwannaSANG

Date: June 18, 2015 13:37

mnewman505

The stage grows to look astonishingly ridiculous at this point. What is going on there? stahp

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:39

[m.youtube.com]

Faraway eyes from last night... Found on YouTube ... Complete with Micks joke about not stereotyping country music before the song!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:48

this sounds like this might have been the best show of the tour so far .killer set list , 20 songs including four off sticky fingers .brad paisley tearing it up on dead flowers . keith is playing his arse off . this is miracle stuff . wish i was in music city last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2015 13:56

Where did all the whining go? Now we're back to the "every show is the best ever" rhetoric again! Don't we need som whining to even things out?

Date: June 18, 2015 14:01

The ongoing development of the stage design is something that seriously should be whined at. How could it end up like this? I mean it's not like maintaining an aquarium on a traveling exhibition or anything.

Date: June 18, 2015 14:05

marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman
They have always played it brilliantly - since 1975

I thought since 1969.
But "always" seems accurate.

With Ronnie. So there was no reason for Aquamarine to worry winking smiley

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 18, 2015 14:05

Just watched far away eyes on YouTube, brilliant loved it, looks an amazing show.
You can never write this group off, they will have to rewrite the history books with this lot.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2015 14:20

Yuo're right, Nikkei. They have been into that "huge black stage" mode ever since the Steel Wheels Tour. U2:s stage design, for example, is much more innovative and aesthetically pleasing
than this big, black box number seven...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 18, 2015 14:34

Let's go on about the stage? Come on you little kids!
Is that why you went to the gig? For the stage?
Oh..... You didn't go to the gig ......
Oh .... Smack, smack. Go to your room
The reason we took you little kids?
There was a band there, that's why
Smile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 14:35 by midimannz.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:10

oh my god i just watched the you tube clip of far away eyes . this brought such a smile to my face .pure bliss esp. Ronnie playing the heck out of the pedal steel .dare i say better than some of the cool hip cats on music row in town . mighty fine licks mr. Wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:20

flacnvinyl
DandelionPowderman
flacnvinyl
I am completely spent. Great show. Loved the mini country set. Sorry my feed didn't work out well. My signal was not solid and it didn't help that we had some tall guys in front of us. I wasn't going to hold my phone above my head the whole show but I did leave it streaming.

The good news is that I recorded the audio. I won't know how it came out until tomorrow.

Tumbling Dice, Doom & Gloom, Miss You and Satisfaction need to be dropped from the setlist permanently. Ronnie was BRILLIANT. Keith was ON.

Happy early fathers day to me and my dad!

That's awesome, Drake! Can't wait to hear how it turned out.

The drive home through the night was brutal. Just got home, 4am.. The recording came out great. Man was that a loud concert. Might be my last. If so it was a great way to go out.

So glad to hear that you & Dad were able to have a great time at the show! We'll be looking forward to hearing your recordings!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:25

Nikkei
The ongoing development of the stage design is something that seriously should be whined at.

Because...?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:32

TheGreek
oh my god i just watched the you tube clip of far away eyes . this brought such a smile to my face .pure bliss esp. Ronnie playing the heck out of the pedal steel .dare i say better than some of the cool hip cats on music row in town . mighty fine licks mr. Wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:54

Stoneage
Where did all the whining go? Now we're back to the "every show is the best ever" rhetoric again! Don't we need som whining to even things out?

First we let people enjoy the high of being there, then we shall resume normal programming in one of the segregated threads, as written in the constitution.

The meeting will commence shortly.
Snacks and light refreshments will be served.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 15:58 by andrewt.

Rolling Stones - Nashville TN, June 17 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:59

Truly an honor to open for the @RollingStones
#StonesNashville

[twitter.com]

Date: June 18, 2015 16:07

Compare the stage design from 2014 with this one. Don't you see how it's slowly (from show to show) being swallowed by an ugly grey tent? There's a notable difference between the setup from Orlando and Nashville. To Midimannz: Don't get your panties in a bunch. I will start the regular whining as soon as I get to listen to Drakes recording. Did You go to any shows, btw?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 18, 2015 16:10

tumblingdice
I too had a run in with security, took all I had to bite my tongue or I probably would have got thrown out. As for the show, wow. Keith was on all night and I loved when he got turned up in the mix. Great solos on IORR and Sympathy, heck each solo he did was good, and the small touches on WH and FAE was just as great. Ronnie tore it up all nigh but especially on MR. I recorded each song on my phone using voice recorder but set to stereo record instead of MONO like I did in Atlanta. Listened to some on the ride home and pretty decent. Some great for aud recording, others not so good. I think I picked myself up cussing people that would walk past in the row, always at a great part too it seems. And I heard my joyful laugh when Charlie came in late on TD. Not laughing at him but laughing with joy that I got to hear that. Great set list with 20 songs and really good performance. Guitars loud like I like them and Mick being Mick. I believe Atlanta was better, but man this was still great. And the opening act was the best I've seen, bolstered by the Underwood and Joe Walsh appearances. When Paisley started Lifes been good, then stopped and said that's too high for me to sing let's get someone else and I said No Way, but yep out comes Walsh. Just a great experience for the whole show. Sorry to have rambled so long...

Please put this in the reports section. It's great.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 16:16

Uh oh, that Set List was very poor. Hope they do not "revert"

Re: Rolling Stones - Nashville TN, June 17 2015
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2015 16:18

bye bye johnny
Truly an honor to open for the @RollingStones
#StonesNashville

[twitter.com]

Thanks for the great pics, bye bye johnny! smileys with beer

Posted by: ajduffel83 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 16:29

The stage looked like the CMA Fest stage with the Stones pieces worked into it. The pictures from the CMA Fest shows at LP Field from Thursday-Sunday night look pretty similar.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 16:41

Well, surprisingly Mick is back to wearing a t-shirt at the shows. Think he looks much younger than in that long black shirt he used to wear the last 4 years...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:26

I know posting videos might be a waste of energy at the moment, but I liked this one
of Far Away Eyes

video: [www.youtube.com]

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home