Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26
Re: Nashville TN USA 17-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 18, 2015 08:06

Turner68
keefriffhard4life
Green Lady
Well, I guess we know the rest now: time to sit back and enjoy Wesley's scope.

1 Jumpin'Jack Flash
2 It's Only Rock'n'Roll
3 You Got Me Rocking
4 Tumbling Dice
5 Doom and Gloom
6 Bitch
7 Faraway Eyes
8 Wild Horses
9 Dead Flowers

10 Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros with "Charlie Chester" Watts (Brit joke)
11 Before They Make Me Run
12 Happy
13 Midnight Rambler
14 Miss You
15 Gimme Shelter
16 Start Me Up
17 Sympathy For The Devil
18 Brown Sugar

ENCORES

19 You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
20 Satisfaction

i like that part of the setlist

yeah... awesome that they mixed in 3 countryish songs.

bummed that keith seems to be sticking to his own personal warhorses, happy and btmmr
Agreed on Keith, I guess we were lucky to get Slipping Away in San Diego

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 08:07 by BackstreetCaliforniaGirl.

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:07

Thanks for the updates and great pics smileys with beer

Far Away Eyes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

---------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:31

Amazing playing by Keith and Ronnie. Surprised no one on the board mentione tumbling dice where the song started and Charlie came in late and also at the end Keith played closing riffs but Charlie and the rest kept on going. Great stuff, loved it. Got to drive home now for a few hours if I can ever get out of this parking lot. Great show!!!

Date: June 18, 2015 08:37

Also there was no mention of "song vote " so either DF won and wasn't announced as such or they ditched the vote and just played.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:38

tumblingdice
Amazing playing by Keith and Ronnie. Surprised no one on the board mentione tumbling dice where the song started and Charlie came in late and also at the end Keith played closing riffs but Charlie and the rest kept on going. Great stuff, loved it. Got to drive home now for a few hours if I can ever get out of this parking lot. Great show!!!

from the pieces i heard the show was sloppy in the good sort of stones sloppiness (i.e. not 2006-2007 sloppy).

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:43

I am completely spent. Great show. Loved the mini country set. Sorry my feed didn't work out well. My signal was not solid and it didn't help that we had some tall guys in front of us. I wasn't going to hold my phone above my head the whole show but I did leave it streaming.

The good news is that I recorded the audio. I won't know how it came out until tomorrow.

Tumbling Dice, Doom & Gloom, Miss You and Satisfaction need to be dropped from the setlist permanently. Ronnie was BRILLIANT. Keith was ON.

Happy early fathers day to me and my dad!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 08:45 by flacnvinyl.

Date: June 18, 2015 08:51

Turner68
tumblingdice

from the pieces i heard the show was sloppy in the good sort of stones sloppiness (i.e. not 2006-2007 sloppy).
Exactly! Sloppy good.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:51

Drake, thanks for trying!

Just knowing you were there gave us all back here a great start to the show!
Hope your recorded audio came out all right.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:52

Nooooo, don't drop Satisfaction! I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I had a great time, and so did the people in front of me who got engaged during Faraway Eyes. smiling smiley Everybody seemed in great form tonight.

I really enjoyed Brad Paisley too, plus Carrie Underwood, Joe Walsh, and another engagement. Love is all around, I guess!

(Edit: that's why Joe Walsh was in the audience, if it wasn't explained already--he guested during Brad Paisley's set.)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 18, 2015 08:59

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:04

MikefromATX
Am I crazy, or does the stage look different ?

As someone else mentioned, the side panels of the video screens are missing. And the canopy seems to be higher than at previous shows.

Posted by: JackStraw ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:07

I agree Drake. I was really hoping for Sway instead of IORR, YGMR, Bitch, and/or Doom and Gloom, etc. I really wish they would mix it up more but I am happy to still be seeing them and must say that the are playing great and with a lot of joy.

The Highlight for me was Midnight Rambler and Ronnie was on fire tonight.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:19

Freaking amazing show. I am totally exhausted from dancing - just like it should be!! Two hours went by in a flash, would have loved two more.

Apologize on behalf of Nashville for the issues with the venue, though - we felt like we were treated badly by the staff, who barked at us, but worse was - we were way over to the left in the third row and you had to walk ALL THE WAY to the back to get out to pee or get water. They wouldn't let you use any of the closer aisles to get back up to the top. We were told there would be concession vendors but none ever came.

Mind you it was a billion percent humidity, really miserably hot. The Bridgestone Arena is a lot nicer - hopefully they play two nights there next time and skip LP Field winking smiley

But - great great show. Hopefully it will shut up some people I know who unfortunately think they're "too old" these days.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:22

SackofBrokenEggs
The Stones are at their best when they're defiant. They're playing like they've got something to prove tonight. This is the best I've heard them on the computer all tour. Killer Sympathy solo.

IORR.org certified BEST SHOW EVER

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:35

JackStraw

I agree on both counts. I loved Mick Taylor's work on Rambler, and was a bit unsure about hearing it without him on this tour, but Ronnie totally stepped up to the plate. (And tonight was the best I've heard Keith in a long time.)

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:36

Aquamarine
JackStraw

I agree on both counts. I loved Mick Taylor's work on Rambler, and was a bit unsure about hearing it without him on this tour, but Ronnie totally stepped up to the plate. (And tonight was the best I've heard Keith in a long time.)

awesome to hear!

Date: June 18, 2015 09:39

UndercoverLovingcup
I bet Joe regrets not accepting the invite to replace Taylor!

He never got one smiling smiley

Rolling Stones - Nashville TN, June 17 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:45

Rolling Stones - Nashville TN, June 17 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 18, 2015 09:45

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 18, 2015 10:35

I'll say more tomorrow, but this was one of the best Stones shows I've seen. From the opening of JJFlash they were like a damned locomotive. The guitars were LOUD, Keith was in great form and Ronnie was fantastic. The version of Midnight Rambler had that sleazy 1976 vibe to it. What a great show, it exceeded my expectations. Oh and of course, Mick and Charlie were amazing as usual. Thanks for a great time guys.

Date: June 18, 2015 10:40

flacnvinyl
I am completely spent. Great show. Loved the mini country set. Sorry my feed didn't work out well. My signal was not solid and it didn't help that we had some tall guys in front of us. I wasn't going to hold my phone above my head the whole show but I did leave it streaming.

The good news is that I recorded the audio. I won't know how it came out until tomorrow.

Tumbling Dice, Doom & Gloom, Miss You and Satisfaction need to be dropped from the setlist permanently. Ronnie was BRILLIANT. Keith was ON.

That's awesome, Drake! Can't wait to hear how it turned out.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 18, 2015 10:44

...Greatest Front Man in Rock n Roll History...

Doom and Gloom Nashville

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 10:44 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:17

DandelionPowderman
flacnvinyl

The drive home through the night was brutal. Just got home, 4am.. The recording came out great. Man was that a loud concert. Might be my last. If so it was a great way to go out.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:28

tnhybrid
Freaking amazing show. I am totally exhausted from dancing - just like it should be!! Two hours went by in a flash, would have loved two more.

Apologize on behalf of Nashville for the issues with the venue, though - we felt like we were treated badly by the staff, who barked at us, but worse was - we were way over to the left in the third row and you had to walk ALL THE WAY to the back to get out to pee or get water. They wouldn't let you use any of the closer aisles to get back up to the top. We were told there would be concession vendors but none ever came.

Mind you it was a billion percent humidity, really miserably hot. The Bridgestone Arena is a lot nicer - hopefully they play two nights there next time and skip LP Field winking smiley

But - great great show. Hopefully it will shut up some people I know who unfortunately think they're "too old" these days.

So it wasn't just us so badly treated by security? Never seen anything so appalling. They wouldn't allow anyone on the rail at all and were unbelievably aggressive and nasty, even threatening to throw me out at one point. Mick didn't come down the catwalk half as much as in Orlando and it could be this was due to the absence of anyone on the rail (on Ronnie's side at least).

Fantastic Rambler, with Mick as a particular highlight, and great guitar performances generally from Ronnie & Keith, despite the various flubs here and there. Never heard of Brad Paisley before but was unexpectedly surprised by him, including his guest spot in the country set.

Mick was right too about it being " hotter than a monkey's bum", as he so charmingly put it x

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:28

That's a Keef expression for the ages! Thanks for the pics.

flacnvinyl
DandelionPowderman
flacnvinyl

The drive home through the night was brutal. Just got home, 4am.. The recording came out great. Man was that a loud concert. Might be my last. If so it was a great way to go out.

Great to hear you had the best of times. Also great to hear you did a recording afterall! Looks like you picked a splendid night for it. I'm excited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 11:41 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:33

Dead Flowers [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:37

Ow ow ow - the security was nasty again?! even to my dear and glamorous Beast?! Assbutts!
But I'm glad you were unexpectedly surprised by Mr Paisley :E

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:48

Thanks for The reportspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:57

That Dead Flowers clip is entertaining, thank you very much.
I don't know which direction Ronnie was heading during his solo, but it was fun to
hear how Brad Paisly picked it up and took it home. I like surprises like these.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 18, 2015 12:09

Aquamarine
JackStraw

They have always played it brilliantly - since 1975 smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home