Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: And we're back! IORR upgraded
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:42

latebloomer
Stoneage
Still a crossed over https protocol. Still invisible videos. I guess we will have to wait this one out...

They are only visible if you are a true Rolling Stones fan. BV created it to weed out the less worthy.

lmfao! Good one bloomer.

peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:12

Of course links also works but i preferred the "visible" videos from the old downgraded iorr version. Will that be a dream of the past?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:50

Stoneage
Of course links also works but i preferred the "visible" videos from the old downgraded iorr version. Will that be a dream of the past?

It used to be that you had to remove the 's' from https in order to post a visible video. Now all of those with the 's' removed aren't visible at all, just a blank space. Links with the 's' intact are just links. I've tried in both Chrome (my default browser) and Firefox.
I'm hoping that this upgrade is still a work in progress.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:07

Deltics
Stoneage

It used to be that you had to remove the 's' from https in order to post a visible video. Now all of those with the 's' removed aren't visible at all, just a blank space. Links with the 's' intact are just links. I've tried in both Chrome (my default browser) and Firefox.

Me too. The problem is that for years people have posted "visible" videos and not bothered to add a title in the thread, because of course you could see from the video what it was. Now that they have all become invisible, reading the thread is pointless because it just consists of a lot of blank spaces with no clue as to what they once were. The severity varies from browser to browser, but in many cases years and years of video posting have become unusable overnight. If this can be fixed eventually it would be great.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:41

Green Lady
Deltics
Stoneage

Me too. The problem is that for years people have posted "visible" videos and not bothered to add a title in the thread, because of course you could see from the video what it was. Now that they have all become invisible, reading the thread is pointless because it just consists of a lot of blank spaces with no clue as to what they once were. The severity varies from browser to browser, but in many cases years and years of video posting have become unusable overnight. If this can be fixed eventually it would be great.

Indeed. The videos weren't just visible, they were imbedded in the post and could be watched without having to open another YouTube window or tab with the link. Regardless of whether this is fixed or not I hope Bjornulf at least addresses the issue with a post and tells us what's going on and what to expect in the future.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:48

I can see them fine on my phone, but not on my computer. Anyone else have the same thing going on? I haven't tried to see if they are there on different browsers, but they are a mystery on Firefox.

Date: June 25, 2015 05:07

Naturalust
Green Lady
Deltics
Stoneage

Indeed. The videos weren't just visible, they were imbedded in the post and could be watched without having to open another YouTube window or tab with the link. Regardless of whether this is fixed or not I hope Bjornulf at least addresses the issue with a post and tells us what's going on and what to expect in the future.

I found another solution to this.

Opera Browser 12.16 !!!!

That's the older version from three or four years ago. The one that still used the "Presto" rendering engine.

Versions of Opera AFTER 12.15 / 12.16 / 12.17 ended up becoming just slightly modified versions of Google Chrome with its "Blink" or "WebKit2" rendering engine. The "Presto" engine of version 12.16 seems to work best for IORR. You just obviously would need to install the Flash plug-in for Flash content.

FireFox 38.0 = Blank Space

Google Chrome based Browsers = Blank Space

(must click in the address bar to the right on the shield "allow unsafe load script" for Chrome-based browsers)

Internet Explorer / Green Browser = have not tested yet

Opera 12.16 = videos visible in the posts

Screenshot from my desktop computer - AFTER IORR upgrade - about four or five days ago : * [postimg.org] * I don't know how long my uploaded screenshot will last on that web-site but,it works.

Opera 12.16 worked with sound and video for the Milwuakee Periscope as well as IORR embedded YouTube videos. No Periscope replay option after the fact though,as there was with a Chrome-based browser.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home