Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: And we're back! IORR upgraded
Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:08

I'm getting two red stripes through the https using chrome ,any suggestions , is the site no longer safe ??

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:16

Stoneage
So far this upgrade has been more of a downgrade. But I'll trust BV on this. It will probably take a couple of days to settle and adjust.

When you move into a new home everything is in boxes. Don't espect everything to be perfect the same minute the truck has arrived. Things will be sorted out over time.

It is like you have three kids and a wife and a car that takes five people. Then you find out you have adopted twenty more kids so every time you go for a ride the car is packed. That is why the upgrade was done. A bigger house, a bigger car. More room, but still a few boxes around, I need to be told here if something is missing, otherwise I will see over time.

PS. Nashville is more interesting than checking out all bits and pieces of the IORR web site...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:22

if your site gets upgraded while you're watching the hockey, you're doing something right.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:22

Thanks, bv!!

The service you provide is appreciated.

Date: June 16, 2015 23:30

welshphil
I'm getting two red stripes through the https using chrome ,any suggestions , is the site no longer safe ??

See the previous page on this thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:26

bv
Stoneage
So far this upgrade has been more of a downgrade. But I'll trust BV on this. It will probably take a couple of days to settle and adjust.

When you move into a new home everything is in boxes. Don't espect everything to be perfect the same minute the truck has arrived. Things will be sorted out over time.

It is like you have three kids and a wife and a car that takes five people. Then you find out you have adopted twenty more kids so every time you go for a ride the car is packed. That is why the upgrade was done. A bigger house, a bigger car. More room, but still a few boxes around, I need to be told here if something is missing, otherwise I will see over time.

PS. Nashville is more interesting than checking out all bits and pieces of the IORR web site...

I always appreciate your creative metaphors, bv

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2015 04:54

alieb
bv
Stoneage

it's unbecoming to overtly suck up.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:45

thanks BV. Catch ya in Indy

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:45

treaclefingers
alieb
bv
Stoneage

I can't tell if you're being serious or doing your usual sarcastic thing but I do actually enjoy his creative metaphors, I didn't just say that to suck up.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:32

I am trying to find a Stones connection or metaphor for this upgrade...

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:52

His name is a number on a piece of plastic film.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 17, 2015 10:24

I've got the videos on screen again, using chrome.
It's just a matter of changing the settings of your browser. There was this little shield
on the right/top side of my screen. By clicking on it a menu was opened and it allowed
for an option to have information coming from "unsafe" sites shown.
Apparently chrome regards youtube as an unsafe site.
I hope this is helpful for other users. I am no computer expert.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 10:25

For a second I thought you posted some Bill Wyman lyrics there.

Date: June 17, 2015 10:49

marcovandereijk
It's just a matter of changing the settings of your browser. There was this little shield
on the right/top side of my screen. By clicking on it a menu was opened and it allowed

I did that, too, but it's still only working with Firefox for me...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 17, 2015 11:21

DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk

For some reason I have to do it every time I open a page with embedded videos, but
it works nicely after chosing "load scripts from unsafe pages" or other words of
the same meaning.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 17, 2015 11:50

marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk

For some reason I have to do it every time I open a page with embedded videos, but
it works nicely after chosing "load scripts from unsafe pages" or other words of
the same meaning.

I did the same in Firefox, and it worked permanently. Strange...

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:37

Be patient. as Iorr has moved to another server, it needs another certificate.
when that's verified, which takes time, all's back to normal I suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 15:54 by open-g.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 17, 2015 15:49

OK, if it's the usual fussy complications with security issues, I'm happy to wait patiently while it's sorted out.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:08

alieb
treaclefingers
alieb
bv
Stoneage

I can't tell if you're being serious or doing your usual sarcastic thing but I do actually enjoy his creative metaphors, I didn't just say that to suck up.

I'll admit they are actually pretty good

Date: June 17, 2015 16:08

sucking up loop sucked you up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:09

What are the upgrades that were done?

Date: June 17, 2015 16:35

Providing more space, I think...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:52

marcovandereijk

You should be careful allowing such things on any permanent basis. I'm sure it's probably fine for iorr but allowing all content to run from unsafe sites can be dangerous. The internet really is a cesspool. Pretty sure chrome is just considering IORR an unsafe site until bv gets his certificate verified and his encryption updated.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 16:57

Chrome would never consider YT unsafe as that is kind of the same conglomerate.

Date: June 17, 2015 17:26

Nikkei
Chrome would never consider YT unsafe as that is kind of the same conglomerate.

I think taking the s out of the URL will make any browser think the site is less secure, and that's what we've been doing to YouTube videos for years.

Date: June 17, 2015 17:28

That's most likely it. So we need to get the embeds updated and when that is done we may edit all our previous posts that contain video.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 19, 2015 15:41

Still a crossed over https protocol. Still invisible videos. I guess we will have to wait this one out...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:11

Stoneage
Still a crossed over https protocol. Still invisible videos. I guess we will have to wait this one out...

They are only visible if you are a true Rolling Stones fan. BV created it to weed out the less worthy.

Date: June 19, 2015 17:23

Let's see: of my three options:

Chrome on Android: videos not visible. I Am Not Worthy and I can't see through the Periscope either.

Firefox on Windows: videos intermittently visible with tweaking: I Might Be Worthy Sometimes, and I can see the Periscope.

Opera (I think) on older Android tablet: no problems. Hooray, I Am Worthy - but I can't see Periscope.

Technology - ain't it wonderful!

Date: June 19, 2015 18:34

IORR is now upgraded certificate wise and there should be no more https warning in Chrome or other browsers. I do still have some issues with publishing content, that is why the reports pages are not up-to-date, but I am working on the publication processes now. IORR might look the same from outside, but inside it is different admin wise.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home