Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: STONESISM?
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:20

with sssoul
Aquamarine
CloudCat
NICOS
Double post !!

double-posted thread
double-posted thread

Chill, it'll just get merged with the other one at some point.

Actually it's more like: Our patient and very busy host BV will somehow find the time
to merge the two threads at some point, to keep the forum tidy for us. Gratitude gratitude

You are right, dear with sssoul, I stand corrected. smiling smiley

Re: Stonesism
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:21

StonesIsm
noun.
definition:
belief that an all-encompassing sense of enlightenment is channeled to the listener through the music of The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:24

Kurt
StonesIsm
noun.
definition:
belief that an all-encompassing sense of enlightenment is channeled to the listener through the music of The Rolling Stones.

Don't talk religion and/or politics here. bv won't allow it...drinking smiley

I am a Stonesism devotee since a long time, but I am a real registered follower since yesterday and I am HAPPY !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 00:29 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:27

MisterDDDD
geordiestone
Could Stonesism perhaps be the name of a new album?

Hmmmm.
That does seem plausible..

Naming a record before they have done any recording or picked the songs? I really don't think so. This is more likely pure marketing drivel, created by some "clever" PR person to get people on a mailing list in order to sell more of whatever then end up trying to sell you.

It seems to be working as people are signing up without a having clue of what it is...the perfect market actually.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 00:39

thumbs up

And why not?
I have the right to believe in THE ROLLING STONES as much as other people who have not got a clue also but poison the world with their retarded religions.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 00:56 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:15

Good Lawd...
Not like they're requiring credit card info.
A little (Rolling Stones!!) spam ((boo)) at worst..

Date: June 17, 2015 01:21

MisterDDDD
Good Lawd...
Not like they're requiring credit card info.
A little (Rolling Stones!!) spam ((boo)) at worst..

That will likely come later. grinning smiley In this day where information rules, this company will surely make money with this info. Either marketing to you directly or selling the list to others. No worries, if you don't mind, of course.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 01:39

Suppose.. although I've been playing along pretty steady on the interwebs since Al Gore invented them, and no one's ever got a dime of mine I didn't want to..

So there's that.

Date: June 17, 2015 01:51

MisterDDDD
Suppose.. although I've been playing along pretty steady on the interwebs since Al Gore invented them, and no one's ever got a dime of mine I didn't want to..

So there's that.

That is funny. Well time is money so if any unwanted solicitors got your attention long enough to have to delete their intrusions, I'd say they probably got a few dimes from you...so there's that.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 02:54

I currently have 28,000+ unread emails.
This is more time than I've spent on spam in quite some time.

There's that.

(in all seriousness, people are entitled to be as paranoid as they want re the internet and they are smart to be.. I use an acct. that I don't give out to personal or professional contacts for this type of stuff and have been able to successfully dodge reading unwanted solicitations or material for quite some time)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 03:00 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:49

MisterDDDD
This is more time than I've spent on spam in quite some time.

There's that.

(in all seriousness, people are entitled to be as paranoid as they want re the internet and they are smart to be.. I use an acct. that I don't give out to personal or professional contacts for this type of stuff and have been able to successfully dodge reading unwanted solicitations or material for quite some time)

exactly. I have an e-mail address that I got when I was 12 that doesn't have my actual name in it that I give out to mailing lists/companies. I check it about once a week for nice things like e-mails labeled "Happy Birthday!" from The Rolling Stones

Alie B.

Date: June 17, 2015 05:56

MisterDDDD

eye popping smiley eye popping smiley

Damn, you've got me beat. I only have about 1600, now I don't feel so bad. I'm sure our email service providers just love us..

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 16:35

I ¨STONESISM¨ think will be your new album.y submit it with a small tour of the United States and South America, and Europe next year.

regards
Sergio

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:19

Some Satanic Stonesianity tour europe 2016smiling smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:20

everybody talkin bout shagism bagism fagism this ism that ism

Date: June 18, 2015 00:40

Nobody talking about ischlamammamism on this board.
Bagism that's where it's at!
John and Yoko told the world in 1968. Everybody thought they were loonies at the time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 00:43 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 17:33

So what is going on with this? Any news?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:20

Karlos123
So what is going on with this? Any news?

It's just... the internet, man. Stuff. And stuff like that.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:00

I no longer the believe the Stones, at least not in this incarnation of the Stones. Therefore, I cannot believe in Stonesism. They've left me too jaded and faded... sad smiley I'll join the Blue Oyster Cult instead...

I'll still always be able to listen to Stones songs from when they gave a crap though... I'll believe in those Stones...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:50

RipThisBone

Bagism that's where it's at! John and Yoko told the world in 1968.

'Stonesism' - it reminds me on the 'Give Peace a Chance' lyrics too ....

"Everybody's talkin' about Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism, This-ism, That-ism, ism, ism, ism." - [en.wikipedia.org] .

Date: June 21, 2015 04:21

Irix
RipThisBone

Bagism that's where it's at! John and Yoko told the world in 1968.

'Stonesism' - it reminds me on the 'Give Peace a Chance' lyrics too ....

"Everybody's talkin' about Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism, This-ism, That-ism, ism, ism, ism." - [en.wikipedia.org] .

Everybody thought John and Yoko were loonies at the time (and they were in some sort of way), but they were not as loony as people who are walking around in a bag in 2015 because of something.

Posted by: mietro ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:32

In a 2012 review of "Charlie is my Darling" -- the Stones Ireland tour in 1965 -- there is a sentence "the grandeur and decadence of Stones-ism." I think this is where the word "Stonesism" originates. I wonder if this all a pro for a new concert film? Maybe of this Zip Code tour?

-- Not an insider -- just a guess.

Posted by: JimmyPhelge ()
Date: June 28, 2015 20:23

In the facebook page, about Stonesism:

Well, what can a poor boy do
Cept to sing for a rock 'n' roll band
Cause in sleepy LONDON town
There's just no place for a Street Fighting Man

Good news i guess

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 28, 2015 20:28

People are posting quotes from Stones numbers that they feel have become tattooed on the collective psyche
"Stonesism" seems to mean a witticism (or anyway a striking turn of phrase) from the Stones.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:57

Maybe it's something to do with the planned Stones museum in London?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:18

Beast
Maybe it's something to do with the planned Stones museum in London?

Oh don't say that Beast. I want a gig sad smiley. However, realistically it's not a bad shout. Announcing the start of what would be a building, renovating job would be far from thrilling though. IORRian Crawdaddy tells me that the Old Crawdaddy club in Richmond is now a posh eatery so perhaps they'll make them an offer they can't refuse and make it there - probably the most logical place.

Date: June 29, 2015 01:29

Maybe Stonesism is a form of oppression, like sexism, racism, and ageism? Maybe we are all poised to throw off our collective chains and become entitled to free Stones tickets and merchandise, and the setlist of our personal choice?

Or not, of course.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:35

Aquamarine
Maybe Stonesism is a form of oppression, like sexism, racism, and ageism? Maybe we are all poised to throw off our collective chains and become entitled to free Stones tickets and merchandise, and the setlist of our personal choice?

Or not, of course.

Date: June 29, 2015 01:39

Yeah, like that! grinning smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:45

Aquamarine
Yeah, like that! grinning smiley smileys with beer

You and I would be first in line, eh? smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home