Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: NASHVILLE SONG VOTE
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 15, 2015 15:55

Naturalust
JTHanis
Winning Ugly VXII
Naturalust
Aquamarine
My guess is it'll be Dead Flowers, regardless of the vote!

Yeah that's it. I think it's a bit strange they are making people vote on a SF song after hinting we were going to be getting (a lot) more of them on this tour anyway.

peace

I agree. They should play "Dead Flowers" outside of the vote at this show .... and put up some songs which are played less often to vote for.

I had "Dead Flowers" pegged for this show at the start of the tour. Maybe "Wild Horses" also. They do seem to like performing cover songs in Tennessee,though. We'll see.

They're not very subtle, are they? The farce continues....

I look at the song vote lists as songs they have rehearsed and "could" play if they were inclined to to so. Not only do I think they should publish the vote tally on their site, they should include each winner permanently in the set list for the rest of the tour. Of course they then might just end up putting 4 warhorses on the list every time by the middle of the tour. grinning smiley

But I agree, if Brad Paisly guests on Dead Flowers it will be pretty obvious what's going on. I hope something else wins and they have him guest on another tune to somewhat restore my faith.

peace

Thasss brilliant

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:25

MingSubu
I was at the Columbus show and it rocked. Not understanding all the negativity towards the Columbus show.

No negativity about the show. The setlist was not as adventurous as other shows. It's all comparisons anyways. If the Stones only played one show in 2015, and it was Columbus, there would be folks who were thrilled and others who would complain.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:29

My surprise at Dead Flowers in the audience vote leads me to believe that it will not be a duet with Paisley. Maybe they plan on doing nothing, or something different, with Paisley since that duet has been done before.

Posted by: dbb ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:56

For what it's worth, I was listening to the soundcheck in Columbus. They were starting to practice "Get Off My Cloud" when it began to rain and they cut it short. Not sure they have played it yet this tour but it seems like it has at least been on the drawing board.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:27

Steven
Drake, going to record this show?

Still unsure! My plan right now is to periscope the show. I do still have my recording gear but I am thinking I will skip bringing it this time.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:22

Bummer. Your work is outstanding. Hope you got a good seat.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:36

flacnvinyl
Steven

Still unsure! My plan right now is to periscope the show. I do still have my recording gear but I am thinking I will skip bringing it this time.

I think not brining the gear would be a wise choice. It's more or less the same show every night, and there's always at least two other guys who's taping and then uploading it.

However, on the Bigger-bang-tour you made the right choice in bringing the gear with you, without your tape of the Columbus 2005 show I would never got to hear that great show thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 19:38 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:39

it will be dead flowers becuase Brad Paisley will guest on this just like in philly 6/2013 .oh by the way that was killer !!!!

Date: June 15, 2015 19:43

Hope they play far away eyes.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 15, 2015 21:25

flacnvinyl
Steven

You know that if you dont bring your gear to record this the show will wind up being historic in some way and you will miss it and you will regret it, forever. FOREVER

You know how these things go. Bring extra film, batteries, memory cards, recording mediums and some extra rolling papers for that guy/gal that always comes around asking people if they have some rolling papers.

You can record without even thinking about it, you are the master.

You can scope it all, record it all, drink a beer and roll and smoke a joint while enjoying the show and catching Keith's pick when he flicks it your way. You can have it all.

Especially because security is not shaking people down, or doing hard searches, on the way in like they do sometimes. This is too simple to not do.

The only thing that should stop you should be rain, then maybe preserve your equipment and skip it (unless you have that issue solved)

But if you dont record you will regret it as soon as you get home and you are thinking about the show and you will want to hear that one part of that one song again, and that other part when Ronnie did that one thing, and what happened at the other part, but you wont have it to listen to.

Afterall This IS the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 21:27 by relms.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 15, 2015 23:39

relms
flacnvinyl
Steven

You know that if you dont bring your gear to record this the show will wind up being historic in some way and you will miss it and you will regret it, forever. FOREVER

You know how these things go. Bring extra film, batteries, memory cards, recording mediums and some extra rolling papers for that guy/gal that always comes around asking people if they have some rolling papers.

You can scope it all, record it all, drink a beer and roll and smoke a joint while enjoying the show and catching Keith's pick when he flicks it your way. You can have it all.

Especially because security is not shaking people down, or doing hard searches, on the way in like they do sometimes. This is too simple to not do.

The only thing that should stop you should be rain, then maybe preserve your equipment and skip it (unless you have that issue solved)

But if you dont record you will regret it as soon as you get home and you are thinking about the show and you will want to hear that one part of that one song again, and that other part when Ronnie did that one thing, and what happened at the other part, but you wont have it to listen to.

Based on what happened in Atlanta, there will be some availability of the performance, even if it is below the Drake standards. Let him just enjoy the show if he wants to.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 16, 2015 00:01

TheGreek
it will be dead flowers becuase Brad Paisley will guest on this just like in philly 6/2013 .oh by the way that was killer !!!!

Mmmmmwhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........thumbs down.
Never heard of this guy until 2013. Watched the YouTube video of it in 2013 and forgot him again. I would even forget to put Dead Flowers on his grave.

Date: June 16, 2015 00:08

tonyc
relms
flacnvinyl
Steven

Based on what happened in Atlanta, there will be some availability of the performance, even if it is below the Drake standards. Let him just enjoy the show if he wants to.
what?

Date: June 16, 2015 00:28

You guys are awesome! I am still mulling it over but now have a new problem. My seats are the yellow dot in E...

My dad, a lifelong Stones fan, can't make it to the gig Wednesday. Unfortunately due to the Stones charging tons of money for tickets, most people I know are totally uninterested in my single ticket. $360 is a sizeable chunk of change to see any band, even if it is the Stones in Nashvegas on 11th row.

I am hopeful that a IORRer or Shidoobee member will snag it! I am actually considering posting it to Craigslist or Stubhub as a last resort. Or taking a prospective client.

Date: June 16, 2015 00:57

flacnvinyl
You guys are awesome! I am still mulling it over but now have a new problem. My seats are the yellow dot in E...

My dad, a lifelong Stones fan, can't make it to the gig Wednesday. Unfortunately due to the Stones charging tons of money for tickets, most people I know are totally uninterested in my single ticket. $360 is a sizeable chunk of change to see any band, even if it is the Stones in Nashvegas on 11th row.

I am hopeful that a IORRer or Shidoobee member will snag it! I am actually considering posting it to Craigslist or Stubhub as a last resort. Or taking a prospective client.

Take your best client from the last 2 years based on billing and other factors. Forget potoential, take the guy who has been paying you.

Date: June 16, 2015 00:59

Plus you can write off half the value on your taxes if it is business, deductions or however it works, heck you do write off both tickets by calling it a business expense.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 01:01 by relms.

Date: June 16, 2015 03:06

Great idea but unfortunately I am not seeing an opening there. So last minute and such a high price. $150? No problem! $350? YOU CRAZY MAN!

Date: June 16, 2015 03:13

If one can afford it, $350 for an 8th row Stones seat is a fine price to pay.

I would not pay that for 20th row, or balconey, but 8th row centerish section to a Stones show? That is reasonable. I am too far away to take advantage of your extra ticket or I would buy it.

If you cant sell it, give it to a good client for free. Give them the ticket and maybe they will do ever more business.

Good luck!

Date: June 16, 2015 04:15

EDIT: Everything changed and now the original plan is back on. I get to my dad. 13 years since his last gig. 81 was his first. Fun times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 15:15 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 16, 2015 07:58

I would buy it from you and let my son take my seat in back of field, but my 2 shows have put me in the hole. Totally worth it though! In fact I've been out of work 2 months with back issues, but should be returning next week. Had work been different I'd love that seat. Sound was very good in that section in Atlanta. Hope you enjoy it and whoever gets that seat!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 16, 2015 13:14

Dead Flowers

Date: June 16, 2015 15:14

You know what... if there is a song vote to get screwed on, Dead Flowers is pretty good.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:22

Where is Torn and frayed for a City like Nashville?

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:24

Drake..Are you gonna check out the Suffering Bastards gig at the Mercy Lounge ?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:24

Done Flacnvinyl, Dead Flowers it is. Greetings to your dad, he clearly got his priorities straight! Mine needed a little push the last time grinning smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:36

Dead Flowers of course!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:55

"... Cloud" is going to "win" aka be chosen by Jagger.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 16, 2015 16:07

detroitken

Excellent question! As is: What time are the Stones expected to start?
Gotta tell the fire chief to quit playing cards

Date: June 16, 2015 16:23

detroitken

I wish I could! We are in the middle of building and launching 8 websites, tons of video projects, etc.. etc.. I would love to get outta town tonight and go to that gig, but just couldn't swing it.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 16, 2015 20:14

flacnvinyl
EDIT: Everything changed and now the original plan is back on. I get to my dad. 13 years since his last gig. 81 was his first. Fun times!

Great to hear! 9

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home