Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Do Keith and Ron use in-ear monitors?
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 14, 2015 22:06

I just wondered, because it seems like unpossible to do it without, as they got yards of space between the band members...

I also remember B-Stage in Dusseldorf 2007, it was a mess!!! Watching them and hearing everything with an ENORMOUS delay was distracting as can be....

Re: Do Keith and Ron use in-ear monitors?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 22:19

I don't think they do. They have standard speaker monitors all over the stage and you do see both Keith and Ronnie returning to their "sweet spots" often, probably because they are more comfortable with the sound there.

Seems strange since the technology is so good these days but some musicians can't stand them because the do cause a bit of a disconnect from the organic stage sound and after years of not using them they take a while to get used to.

peace

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:26

Naturalust
I don't think they do. They have standard speaker monitors all over the stage and you do see both Keith and Ronnie returning to their "sweet spots" often, probably because they are more comfortable with the sound there.

Seems strange since the technology is so good these days but some musicians can't stand them because the do cause a bit of a disconnect from the organic stage sound and after years of not using them they take a while to get used to.

peace

Think you're right. I stood along the catwalk in Paris 2014 and you could hear the wedge stage monitors turn on loudly anytime Keith or Ronnie walked out. They were cranked up so loud (with bass drum and guitars way up in the mix) they sometimes drowned out Mick's vocals coming thru the PA.

Here's a shot I took in Paris that shows the monitors and Keith camped out right in front during IORR.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 15, 2015 00:03

I love (not really) how the bootleggers try to pass audience recordings off as IEM's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1987
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home