Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Orlando show videos
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:17

Opening (JJF and IORR):

Happy:

Gimme Shelter:

You Can't Always Get What You Want:

Satisfaction:

She's So Cold:

Midnight Rambler:

All Down The Line:

Sympathy for the Devil:

Moonlight Mile:

Re: Orlando show videos
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:40

[www.youtube.com]

Who is playing the lead notes and lead guitar on Satisfaction? Must be Ronnie? Thanks.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:43

Thanks for posting these videos and starting up a thread Cristiano.

I think it is better and easier to follow than mixed in with the 'live updates' thread.

I know there is another thread on Buy/Sell/Trade but I like to see it in this format as first choice, and the youtube.com as second choice, but each to their own I guess.

Gonna have a look at the videos coming in, here in Spain tonight and tomorrow.

Cheers Cristiano smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:51

Wow Crawdaddy, how long have you been in Espana already? You must be tanned good grinning smiley

Date: June 13, 2015 23:00

Back to U.K. on June 22nd Nikkei and ZZ Top at Wembley Arena 24th and The Who, Paul Weller and about another 10 acts at Hyde Park on June 26th.

Really looking forward to it and hoping the sun will be shining for Hyde Park. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:10

Finally a video thread! Thanks Cristiano.

I notice Ronnie is playing less single note stuff. really exploiting those country bends, double stops and almost pedal steel effects when playing leads these days. Could it be he is developing a style after all these years?! I actually like it very much, his guitar work is truly a highlight of these shows for me.

peace

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:27

Thanks Cristiano

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:35

Thanks for the videos, Cristiano.

For me, these run the gamut of the sublime (MM) to the ridiculous (GS).

I have really been charmed by the renditions of "Moonlight Mile" that I've heard on this tour. There's something quite touching and very moving about the way Mick approaches the song this time around. Some of the operatic drama of the studio version is lost, of course, due to his voice being 45 years older ... but I think he's found a way to sing the song that is smart and true. And his body language is good; he seems INTO it in a way that he isn't anymore for me when he's just emoting and playing to the back row. Plus, it's pretty cool the way Keith will put his arm around Sir Michael at the end of the song, as if to say, "that's my boy!"

"Gimme Shelter," on the other hand, seems to be verging on SFTD territory in terms of its being nearly a parody of itself. IMHO, the culprit here is Mick, who just cannot seem to locate the melody line as precisely and confidently as he used to. Oh well ...

Date: June 14, 2015 20:11

Another She's so Cold.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 22:56

Brown Sugar

peace

Date: June 15, 2015 10:30

Miss You. Doesn't start till 0:17

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 10:38

Agree.

With an horrific Keith solo on SFTD.

LongBeachArena72

"Gimme Shelter," on the other hand, seems to be verging on SFTD territory in terms of its being nearly a parody of itself. IMHO, the culprit here is Mick, who just cannot seem to locate the melody line as precisely and confidently as he used to. Oh well ...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 15, 2015 10:44

triceratops
[www.youtube.com]

Who is playing the lead notes and lead guitar on Satisfaction? Must be Ronnie? Thanks.

Didn't watch the whole thing, but from 3:30 and on it's the unmistakable Keith-solos as always.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 15, 2015 12:50

With compliments from KR for MJ...indeed superb guitar playing and vocals on MM.
This is really getting there!
Now...just a little bit slower...and longer...Please try!
But so far a very very good version.

Great thread Cristiano! So much appreciated by lots of people.
Including the ones on the road... smoking smiley
thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 15:02 by Dreamer.

Date: June 15, 2015 13:05

powerage78
Agree.

LongBeachArena72

Did he locate the melody line in 1972? 73? 75?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 15, 2015 15:01

And I liked SSC a lot as well!
thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2015 15:20

Dreamer
With compliments from KR for MJ...indeed superb guitar playing and vocals on MM.

thumbs up

Keith did right. Awesome singing by Mick, absolutely beautiful thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2015 16:41

Bitch:

I much like Keith's playing here. Best Bitch since they started touring again in 2012.

His solo on Sympathy is not his best, but also not his worst, I think. And I like what he plays near the end of the song, where he get's quite creative (starting at 6:11 in this video from above: [www.youtube.com]).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:44

Dreamer

thumbs up

Thank you, Dreamer and everyone. By watching all the videos from Orlando, I think this was one of the best live versions of MM on this tour. Here's another video:

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:20

Great to see..but, ya know, it's hard to top Dave Grohl now.

Date: June 15, 2015 19:51

Miss You and Gimme Shelter

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 20:24

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
Agree.

LongBeachArena72

Did he locate the melody line in 1972? 73? 75?

You know, having just sampled a half-dozen live versions from the years you cite above, I must admit that the answer to your question is: no, he didn't. The singing is BETTER in those years than it is now, but there are tons of reasons for that.

The only live versions I've found in which Mick could be said to be hitting all (or at least most) of the notes are from '69 (when of course it was not only played sparingly but also was brand-new).

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 16, 2015 14:00

Sympathy Orlando 4K:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 14:02 by Mr.D.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 15:13

FYI None of the videos are showing up, it is blank where the video should be. Theres a hole where my heart used to be sad smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 16, 2015 16:31

Cristiano Radtke
Opening (JJF and IORR): [www.youtube.com]

Happy: [www.youtube.com]

Gimme Shelter: [www.youtube.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want: [www.youtube.com]

Satisfaction: [www.youtube.com]

She's So Cold: [www.youtube.com]

Midnight Rambler: [www.youtube.com]

All Down The Line: [www.youtube.com]

Sympathy for the Devil: [www.youtube.com]

Moonlight Mile: [www.youtube.com]

Just trying to fix the holes - adding the s after http seems to at least allow the link to appear ...
But She's So Cold "has been removed by the user" 8[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 16:37 by with sssoul.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 16, 2015 16:57

The Stones sound terrific. Just wish they would play a few of the newer songs, like Rough Justice.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:00

flilflam
The Stones sound terrific. Just wish they would play a few of the newer songs, like Rough Justice.

Rough Justice would be a favourite of mine too. Why not vote on it?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 17:15

Nikkei
flilflam

Rough Justice would be a favourite of mine too. Why not vote on it?

It is insane that they dumped Rough Justice. If they had trusted all of their great new music and played it past that albums current tour, and kept the good ones in the set as they went along through the years, many more of those good songs would be better known far and wide and the audience would react to them as Mick demands.

But I imagine the constant drone of some people who are forever stuck in 1970-75, eternally stuck in high school and constantly droning that The Stones only have 4 good albums and have not made a good song since 1975 has had some effect.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:01

I mentioned in the Orlando live updates thread that I spotted datflys there, and we've had a few of his videos posted so far. Here's a link to his Youtube channel, if that's any easier.

Some of the clips posted actually contain multiple songs:

02 IORR (only about last 1:30), 03 ADTL, 05 D&G (last 3:30); 10:59 total

06 Bitch and 07 Moonlight Mile 9:35

13 Miss You 9:13

16 SFD 7:25

15 SMU (last 2:20), 18 YCAGWYW (complete, about 9:00); 11:26 total

I'm having trouble embedding youtube videos. I've tried the video tags, quote tags and url tags, with and without youtube's feature=player_embedded tag. No luck, so you'll have to settle for the video links for now. Sorry.

Edit: OK, I think I have embedded videos working the old way (by removing the "s" in "https:").

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 21:13 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:48

powerage78
Agree.

LongBeachArena72

Yeah that's par for the course these days. On the positive side, That version of Bitch was really good. Keith was very impressive on that.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home