Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT Help on Periscope Usage
Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 28, 2015 21:21

Given that "all other seats are a joke". I will give my Sec E row 4 seat away.

Who wants it? I will watch the concert on Periscope.

Bring her upstairs too.

Tim

Re: Requesting Periscope Instructions for the Techno-Impaired
Date: June 28, 2015 23:00

open-g
crawdaddy
I have gone through all 3 pages and no mention of Internet Explorer browser.
I tried periscope for first time this morning for #WestEndLive which is held in Trafalger Square this weekend. I find a periscope live link but don't get any audio or visual.
It says 'For video, please use Chrome,Safari or Firefox' .
So I am assuming it is not compatible with IE. Any ideas or do I just download one of those three browsers to use it ?

Yes, download Chrome and/or Firefox for Windows.
Safari is for the Mac people.

I tried periscope for the first time last night to watch Kansas on my Laptop, but I didn't get it.
Downloaded Chrome for Windows, but periscope doesn't work. Only black periscope Screen and Name of the Person that scopes but nothing else happened.

I'm following the US tour on periscope on my Iphone without Problems.

Any advice for me ? can anybody help me, please? would like to see one of the last Shows on my Laptop confused smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:49

Seems time to bump this thread up gently - some people were abjectly peeping for help last night

Date: July 12, 2015 00:06

[gentle bump in case anyone's in need]

Re: Periscope Instructions for the Techno-Impaired
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2015 00:43

Update your Adobe Flash software if you haven't done so yet. there was a critical alert & patch a couple of days ago.
current version is 18.0.0.203
click here to see what you have:
[www.adobe.com]

now to test your periscope have fun with Matt Lee, getting soaked during his Niagara falls boatride spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
[www.periscope.tv]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 00:45 by open-g.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:17

open-g

now to test your periscope have fun with Matt Lee, getting soaked during his Niagara falls boatride spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
[www.periscope.tv]

....and tonight I will do some of the show. Follow me on Twitter at mattleeuk to get the link as so as I go live.

Date: July 12, 2015 03:06

mattleeuk
open-g

[www.periscope.tv]

....and tonight I will do some of the show. Follow me on Twitter at mattleeuk to get the link as so as I go live.

you bet.
[twitter.com]
must be one of the best seats in the house.
hope the periscope connection stays good.
enjoy & have fun.

Date: July 12, 2015 11:05

Heya Matt Lee! Thanks for 'scoping those snippets despite the lousy reception

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 12, 2015 14:04

Thanks for all the good advice here. I noticed last night that Firefox knew my Flash Player needed updating and I had to tell it to allow the old version to run before Periscope would work. Also noticeable that it doesn't like old versions of Android so neither of my tablets will work.

For those without the app: search for "twitter #periscope live stones buffalo" or wherever, and you should find a twitter page where new scopers' links will appear as they start to broadcast.

Date: July 14, 2015 15:13

open-g
Update your Adobe Flash software if you haven't done so yet. there was a critical alert & patch a couple of days ago.
current version is 18.0.0.203
click here to see what you have:
[www.adobe.com]

And yet another update for that bug infested piece of crapware called Flash!
current version now is 18.0.0.209
make sure you un-check McAfee Security Scan Plus. you don't want or need that piece of....GRRRR!

angry smiley

Date: July 14, 2015 15:55

If you are on Firefox, you have a problem. I'm not sure if this means that you can't run Flash at all (disastrous) or whether you can tell Firefox that you are choosing to ignore the warning:

Mozilla blocks Flash by default on Firefox:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 14, 2015 16:13

I am on Firefox and I can still allow "click to play" flash, which is my standard setting.
if you are on Chrome though, do they even inform you of this tragedy?
I know they update automatcally but there are still vulnerabilities open and unpatched.

"It is time for Adobe to announce the end-of-life date for Flash and to ask the browsers to set killbits on the same day."
that coming from a Facebook guy.
wow and Amen.

Date: July 16, 2015 07:13

Interesting article:

Flash. Must. Die.

Adobe Flash—that insecure, ubiquitous resource hog everyone hates to need—is under siege, again, and hopefully for the last time. The latest calls for its retirement come from some of the Internet’s most powerful players, but if the combined clattering of Facebook, Firefox, and a legion of unsatisfied users isn’t enough finally to put it in the ground, scroll down to see how to axe it from your devices yourself.

Why would you want to?....

continue

[www.wired.com]

Date: February 3, 2016 15:10

Bumping this up, since it seems potentially useful again ...

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 15:39

If I remember correctly the best way to find scopes is simply search on twitter
something like this [twitter.com]
or something like this [twitter.com]
or input some search terms like Stones, Rolling Stones, Santiago, Chile, Periscope here [twitter.com]

btw- I could be slightly off/incorrect/wrong about that and if I am hopefully by showtime it will all be corrected and worked out and the search results will have some results. Anybody please feel free to post more correct info or links or search terms or methods or what ever it takes to make the "magic links" appear.

Then in the live show thread, if/when good people who like to share, find a solid scope of the show they copy and post the link for others. In the US last year (when the spectacular Debbie was not at a show) we could usually find 3-4 good scopers who would be scoping off and on, and as they did we would post it and pass that info along. It was fun!

As far as downloading anything special- I use Firefox browser and a dumb ole computer without needing to download anything special (apps or otherwise) periscopes (scopes). It works fine.

Reading above about Flash-
I guess there may be an issue using flash video on Firefox, so if you never watch any videos using Flash you might have an issue and have to install it or update it or something. I learned how to customize Firefox and if I can do it, most anyone can it.

I use flash to watch videos often, but because I have my browser set by default to have Flash turned off, EVERY TIME I want to watch a video on a new webpage I have to click a couple of buttons to "ALLOW FLASH" and then it works fine, and all videos on that web page will work fine until I shut it down and clear my browser.

I like having Flash turned off by default, it prevents any webpages from automatically playing crap I have no interest in. If/when I want Flash videos to play I simply click the buttons to allow Flash videos to play. Iread some say Flash is insecure, I do not know much about that, I am not smart enough to. I just know that if I want to watch the new X-files or periscopes (scopes) or movies on various web site that I have to use Flash and I can't tell (don't see)(don't notice) any adverse results, But I do try to be careful about which sites I allow to run Flash.

Besides that... all I need is working link to a good scope and it is LIVE STONES!!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 3, 2016 15:57

I just pulled up periscope on my app and go to the map and look for people live at the location of the stadium in the city they're playing and then I select those people and pick the best feed

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2016 16:40

I think we have reviewed this before. Simply buy one of these
and point it straight at your monitor screen. Voila!

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 3, 2016 18:30

Do we know anyone who will Periscope tonight?

Date: February 8, 2016 12:04

We gots to bear in mind that a lot depends on what device you're viewing on.
For iPad, the learned Glimmer Girl posted these helpful instructions for sharing a scope:

On an iPad to get the link, swipe to the right to bring the Periscoper's information up.
You'll see Share. Tap it. You'll then see Twitter, Followers, Facebook, scroll the list to the left
and you'll find Copy Link. Tap it and you have the link to post to IORR.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 11, 2016 01:45

I usually follow the scopers on Chrome and remember from last year that you have to do something in settings to clear the old feeds or it won't work after a show or two. Does anyone remember exactly where/what to do, I can't for the life of me and I'm afraid I won't be able to watch tonight.

Thanks for any help!!! smiling smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 03:26

A good way to find scopes is simply search on twitter
something like this [twitter.com]
or something like this [twitter.com]
or input some search terms like Stones, Rolling Stones, Buenos Aires Periscope here [twitter.com]

Date: February 14, 2016 05:11

This is how to chase Periscopes if you are on a desktop PC and haven't got the app:

Go to the Stones website and the NEWS tab should show you the official Live Updates page - which will tell you the Twitter hashtag they are using for tonight's show (it has been #stonesargentina for the last three)

Search Google for "twitter #stonesargentina" or whatever and pick LIVE, and you should see Periscope feeds pop up there along with the pictures and comments.

You can also search for "twitter #periscope" (beware of @periscope which is something else entirely!) Once you are on the #periscope page, there is a search box where you can enter whatever seems likely (I've been trying #periscope stones and #periscope argentina). Don't forget to pick the LIVE stream not TOP.

If somebody has been scoping but has shut down, you can click on their @name on the most recent closed scope, and that should show you any new ones from them.

With all those windows open at once, you can have fun leaping madly from page to page to see if you can find the cure for the dreaded SILENCE.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 05:17 by Green Lady.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home