Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
OT - Periscope - Montreal U2
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:26

Can anyone find any broadcasters to this show. Time to see how the other side lives. Any links would be appreciated. Setlist complaints are welcomed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 05:27 by The Sicilian.

Re: OT - Periscope - Montreal U2
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 06:17

There is a really helpful topic in this forum that explains how to find shows on periscope. It is really easy.

Re: OT - Periscope - Montreal U2
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 14, 2015 06:28

I found a bunch of broadcasters but I think the show ended. The next show is Monday night. I will try to post some broadcasters so we can all watch and listen.

Re: Requesting Periscope Instructions for the Techno-Impaired
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:09

Let's keep things simple. Example... Wednesday night just click the link below...

https://twitter.com/drakehatfield

Thats my personal twitter profile. Whenever I am broadcasting on Periscope, a link will be auto-posted to my twitter feed. Just click the link and you'll be watching live via the app or your desktop computer. Thats it.

If the feed drops (cell phone tower signal is bad, they play Tumbling Dice or Miss You instead of Star Star or Little Queenie, and I decide to take a break, etc) then just revisit the above link and click the most recent feed and you are back in business.

Periscope link = current live feed, until it goes off

As soon as it drops, you have to find a new link. Either follow the threads here, or follow the people who will be there. I am sure Dreamtime and others will post their profiles as well. For me Nashville is the only show of the tour, although I am mulling Indianapolis. So I'm only good for Wednesday, and even then nothing is guaranteed!

Date: June 14, 2015 21:24

I scoped Orlando and it was fun. To take it up a techno notch or two who has got it to Chromecast to their hdtv Fromm their iPad or iPhone?

Thanks

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:45

Thanks Drake for committing to scope on Wednesday - please feel appreciated!

I hope the way to find live feeds has been clarified well enough on the first page of the thread.
Thanks and praises to everyone who contributed an explanation ... especially with iorr having the hiccups again
we might all be very glad to be able to locate live feeds on our own.

One unanswered question from page one was: Windows 7 cooperates just fine with periscope, correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 22:19 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:58

with sssoul
One unanswered question from page one was: Windows 7 cooperates just fine with periscope, correct?

The links work fine on my Windows 7 laptop.

peace

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: June 16, 2015 00:05

Thank you with sssoul and Naturalust. Since you told me it worked with windows 7 I went and looked into it further. I had dropped a "s" in my email so I had never verified my account. Twitter wouldn't let me in. So I verified and now it works. My daughter probably would have figured it out in about 4 minutes where it took me 4 hours, shrugs.

"What a drag it is getting old"

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 16, 2015 04:02

MidnightDevilRambler
I scoped Orlando and it was fun. To take it up a techno notch or two who has got it to Chromecast to their hdtv Fromm their iPad or iPhone?

Thanks
Wednesday I will have my laptop HDMI wired to the SonyXBR8 and Marantz amps and stacked Advents and RTR 280 DR's. It will be my first try. I watch DVD concerts and Palladia this way and hoping we get a good scope with good sound and I will CRANK IT!

Date: June 16, 2015 20:51

catchinem
MidnightDevilRambler

Thanks
Wednesday I will have my laptop HDMI wired to the SonyXBR8 and Marantz amps and stacked Advents and RTR 280 DR's. It will be my first try. I watch DVD concerts and Palladia this way and hoping we get a good scope with good sound and I will CRANK IT!

Ha! Fun times! Unfortunately periscope doesn't offer any EQ settings so who knows what it'll sound like!

Date: June 16, 2015 20:53

I have a question for everyone.. Horizontal or vertical?

Horizontal = looks great on phones, tablets etc since you can easily turn your phone/tablet 90*.

Vertical = this is the only method on desktop. Not as cool as horizontal for viewing, but it looks proper for everyone.

I would hate to sabotage desktop viewers by scoping horizontal! Thoughts?

Date: June 16, 2015 21:00

I vote vertical if that accommodates everyone without neck trauma

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:17

Diagonal, so you can bug both camps equally spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

can't you stop the phone from flipping the image and scope landscape for the Pc?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:22

flacnvinyl
I have a question for everyone.. Horizontal or vertical?

Horizontal = looks great on phones, tablets etc since you can easily turn your phone/tablet 90*.

Vertical = this is the only method on desktop. Not as cool as horizontal for viewing, but it looks proper for everyone.

I would hate to sabotage desktop viewers by scoping horizontal! Thoughts?

I would vote for the one that works for everyone.

More importantly, since looking at the band on stage is generally pretty lame from phone cams, I would also vote to keep the camera trained on the video screens. Someone did that to great effect during one of the previous shows. If you are close enough to get good video of the band obviously that is not as important.

peace

Date: June 16, 2015 21:31

Drake will be in the 11th row if memory serves.
*Is* landscape format an option? Obviously that would be best.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 21:38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:51 by relms.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 16, 2015 22:18

Just wanted to add my thanks for the answers about Periscope (something I'd not heard of until checking out IORR) - and thanks to with sssoul for starting the thread.

Really cool what you're planning to flacnvinyl. thumbs up I don't think I'm able to get up in the early hours for the show (too much work on and can't afford to be too tired all day) but great for everyone who can be.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 16, 2015 22:45

Barbs
I was trying to watch the Dallas show but I could never get periscope to work. I think all my tech stuff is too old. It said for my phone I needed android 4.4 kitkat or higher and mine is 4.1. My computer didn't work either because I'm running windows 7. And my kindle, well I don't even want to get into how much I hate the kindle app store. Is there any help for us poor folks who can't buy new technology? Did I do something wrong? Should it work on my old stuff?

I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop too and it works just fine, I think it has to do with which browser you use. I use Google Chrome, other people have posted that it works well with Firefox. Try either of those and see if it works next time.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: June 16, 2015 23:13

I think I am going to stream horizontally. Most people will be watching on the smartphone app (Android or iOS) and the folks on desktop will simply have to turn their desktop computers 90°. The great thing about it is after the show I can use the video.

Regarding my location, I am row 11 in the middle of E. I can't guarantee that my dad and I won't be over enthused to the point of lousy camera work! As a video producer by day I honestly had half a mind to bring in a m43 dslr, a Teradek Cube and stream the whole show proper. As it stands, using a smartphone to let everyone see the show is just brilliant. Easy decision on my part.

I will very likely hold the cam toward the screens but no guarantee. If any of you are in Nashville, I'll be the redheaded guy. Ha!

Date: June 17, 2015 11:20

Well, it's your stream, Drake, but I'm not sure why you think most people will be watching on phones rather than computers.
Either way thank you very much for doing it and have a brilliant time at the show.

I know there's a way to rotate a computer image 90 degrees because one of my cats did it once
(they have a Special Training Course in stunts like that) but maybe someone could post the technique here
so humans will be able to do it. Please and thank you kindly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 11:28 by with sssoul.

Date: June 17, 2015 12:02

If your cat rotated the desktop image it most likely was a keyboard combination of
Ctrl + Alt + Up arrow
that doesn't work for everyone though.

for Win7, right click on the desktop, scroll down to screen resolution. Under "Orientation" choose Landscape.

or in your AMD Catalyst Control Center (if that's what you have)

then there are some Office screens that can physically be rotated.

and probably more ways to do that

Date: June 17, 2015 14:10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:52 by relms.

Date: June 17, 2015 14:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:52 by relms.

Date: June 17, 2015 16:32

Ready to roll! Btw I will not be posting on the forum once we reach Nashville. I WILL, however, be posting on Twitter throughout the day/evening. Also remember that's where the latest Periscope links will pop up. So...

Join Twitter and follow me! If you tweet @ me I will likely respond, aside from during the show.

https://twitter.com/drakehatfield/

Since I won't be on the forum the rest of the day, feel free to post the above link whenever relevant, same with photos. Here's hoping the cell service is ok at L.P. Field!

Date: June 17, 2015 22:05

Thanks open-g for that image-flipping information - but I think I need to coax my cat to do it again

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 17, 2015 23:25

Barbs
Thank you with sssoul and Naturalust. Since you told me it worked with windows 7 I went and looked into it further. I had dropped a "s" in my email so I had never verified my account. Twitter wouldn't let me in. So I verified and now it works. My daughter probably would have figured it out in about 4 minutes where it took me 4 hours, shrugs.

i found out the hard way that your adobe must be up to date, as well

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:25

Drake - really psyched about the broadcast tonight thanks again for doing it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:36

Go low tech and try this one:

Date: June 18, 2015 06:58

LoFL well not much of this is working as described,
so bless you all who are providing links in the show threads.
I still don't get where you're finding them, because only a few of them are showing up here: [twitter.com]
And/Or they're appearing there only after long delays, which is pretty frustrating

Meanwhile on my phone I "follow" people y'all give links to, but when their current feed dies
I don't know what to do to look for subsequent ones (from them or whoever) without bouncing to my computer.
The app claims I should be notified whenever they go live, but it only notifies me occasionally,
and I don't know where to find the "refresh" option on the phone either.

I also don't know how to hide the chat thing, which is getting intrusive.

So further instructions to all of the above will be very welcome, when y'all have time! Please and thank you kindly

On with the show, good health to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 07:18 by with sssoul.

Date: June 18, 2015 07:17

when their current feed dies, just close the periscope window with the little x in the top right corner 0r the return thingy on the bottom.
you should be back to twitter then.
refresh it by pulling the scoll down a bit and then let go.

oh my, this must sound cryptik

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home