Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Periscope Instructions for the Techno-Impaired
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:01

My dear kind patient generous-spirited & technologically with-it IORRians,
I'm finally in a position to get up in the middle of the night to watch the Nashville show on this periscope thingy ...
but since it'll be the middle of the night can someone explain (like to a two-year-old) exactly what one has to do
a] on an android phone and b] on a computer to locate & connect to feeds?
Please and thank you very kindly - and I don't even keep up with twitter, on a normal day,
so please don't assume any knowledge like where the search function is or fancy stuff like that :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 19:11 by with sssoul.

Re: Requesting Periscope Instructions for the Techno-Impaired
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:09

Twitter uses keywords called Hashtags. For each show, they look like this: #StonesDallas, #StonesAtlanta, #StonesOrlando and so forth. You have to type that hashtag into the search function, which is in the upper right corner ("Search Twitter" ) Real-time updated results will show up. If someone periscopes, there will be a link in the tweet including the periscope logo. It's however much easier to get the same links from the iorr.org "Show Updates" thread, as the swiftness of one Cristiano Radtke is pretty hard to beat.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:11

Howdy,
I don't think you can watch on a computer anymore (at least I can't.)
You need twitter on your phone, and then download periscope app.
In twitter, search for periscope stones, or periscope nashville. when tweets come up, you can click the link and it'll take you to periscope app.
If the user saves them, the periscope videos will be viewable for 24 hours.
If not, you can watch live and then that's it.
Download periscope and just do a search for periscope and you can see some links to test it out.
It's mostly Italians and Turks, from my experience.
For thr Stones, it's awesome though. Although I'm asleep during the shows here in London, I've watched almost all of every show so far on periscope the next day.
Hope that helps

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:19

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:49 by relms.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:20

(like to a two-year-old)

1, Place your finger on the mouse or screen and point to the blue link provided by iorr'ians in the thread that says "periscope".

2. Click the link and wait for the video feed to appear.

It;s really just as simple as that. Others may describe how to actually find the various links on Twitter, I've just gone the easy approach and done as I've instructed above.

Good luck.

peace

Posted by: sister ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:22

Hello with soul,its like that:
on the pc ( no need of an app)you open twitter for example in google chrome,search for rolling stones periscope,when the show start comes closer,you will see,who has the blue periscope.tv sign in the text,click on it. If its live,you'll be automatically connected.
If it already stopped,because someone stopped'scoping', refresh the browser,go back to the list and look who starts now. You only can watch it live. Sometimes there's a timeshift,means the signal comes later-satelit
hope,this helps you smiling smiley

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:26

I use Firefox on my laptop and it works good. Be sure to use headphones. Someone last night said that they would be scoping Nashville from down front floor. Could be good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 20:32 by catchinem.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:50 by relms.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:56

I don't get the addiction part. It was fun the first few times, but now I'm basically waiting for a similar app that broadcasts audio-only, using the bandwith for better sound quality.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:58

Date: June 13, 2015 20:59

Thanks people!
I really am looking for instructions for myself, but also on behalf of people I see forlornly crying for instructions
in the middle of the concert threads. It's not so easy to give patient instructions in the heat of the fray,
especially when the heat of the fray is at 3AM or something.

In the concert threads I see people want to know how to locate new feeds when the one they're watching conks out
and the more iorrians know how to do that the better for all of us, right?
Relms's link to that twitter Rolling Stones Periscope page seems quite handy - thanks! [twitter.com]

Date: June 13, 2015 21:00

relms
Nikkei
I don't get the addiction part.
Its called a joke, learn to laugh a lil.

You're not the first one to post it, of course it's a contextual joke, I laugh for 3 minutes each day and am obviously not the sourpuss here.

Date: June 13, 2015 21:05

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:50 by relms.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:15

relms
with sssoul
Thanks people!
I really am looking for instructions for myself, but also on behalf of people I see forlornly crying for instructions
in the middle of the concert threads. It's not so easy to give patient instructions in the heat of the fray,
especially when the heat of the fray is at 3AM or something.

In the concert threads I see people want to know how to locate new feeds when the one they're watching conks out
and the more iorrians know how to do that the better for all of us, right?
Relms's link to that twitter Rolling Stones Periscope page seems quite handy - thanks! [twitter.com]

smiling smiley
Great idea to start this thread. This will be a great "Go look here" when we are in the heat of the moment and someone asks again HOWI PERISCOPE?

i second that!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:16

I downloaded the app, but never use it.

The easiest way??)
Come hear to IORR for the live show link(s0 and click on the links others are posting.. If the batteries fail or the scoper goes to get a beer.. get back here and someone will post another link if there is one live..

Killer way to watch the shows..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:31

Love the links people are posting during the show. Easiest way to go, depending on the kindness of others!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 14, 2015 00:52

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:10

relms
angee
Love the links people are posting during the show. Easiest way to go, depending on the kindness of others!

I would think that would be a good thing and I was one of thsoe people happy to post links easy for other to use on the last several show threads, but as I type there are some people up in the live show thread complaining that all the periscope links clutter it all up and are useless when they come along to read it later. e.g. [www.iorr.org] [www.iorr.org] So I dont know what to think.

Just go with the flow, relms. People complain way too much imo about having to weed through threads for what they want. IORR isn't a order your own burger kinda place. It's not rocket science, as you are fond of saying dear with sssoul, and if I can do it anyone can as I am definitely a digital immigrant. Get yourself a twitter account and the periscope app and you'll be in business in no time. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 06:13 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:12

MisterDDDD

The easiest way??)
Come hear to IORR for the live show link(s0 and click on the links others are posting.. If the batteries fail or the scoper goes to get a beer.. get back here and someone will post another link if there is one live..

if you have the app, the easiest and most helpful way is to look for links. simply go to the "global list" in the app, then look on the map for the city where they are playing. it will show you all broadcasts from that city, usually there are a handful. you can then pick a link to their show, and if it works, share the link on IORR.

if you have a smart phone and the periscope app, you're usually better off finding linking and posting them to IORR than waiting on IORR for other people to do the same.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:14

relms
angee

I would think that would be a good thing and I was one of thsoe people happy to post links easy for other to use on the last several show threads, but as I type there are some people up in the live show thread complaining that all the periscope links clutter it all up and are useless when they come along to read it later. e.g. [www.iorr.org] [www.iorr.org] So I dont know what to think.

The periscope links are obviously a good thing while the show is happening. I welcome and appreciate all the help people provide in keeping the live links current. The real discussion of the show can wait until we've luckily seen it from afar, and usually does.

Even before periscope, there were rarely any serious discussions during the show besides what songs they are playing and any extraordinary things that might have taken place. The threads will naturally evolve with the technology and everyone will be fine. smoking smiley I've actually only seen one person here who doesn't think this is a good thing.

peace

Date: June 14, 2015 01:15

Turner68
MisterDDDD

The easiest way??)

if you have the app, the easiest and most helpful way is to look for links. simply go to the "global list" in the app, then look on the map for the city where they are playing. it will show you all broadcasts from that city, usually there are a handful. you can then pick a link to their show, and if it works, share the link on IORR.

if you have a smart phone and the periscope app, you're usually better off finding linking and posting them to IORR than waiting on IORR for other people to do the same.

I tried to do that Turner, just cause I wanted to be helpful. But Christiano and others were way to fast for me. smiling smiley

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:43

I was trying to watch the Dallas show but I could never get periscope to work. I think all my tech stuff is too old. It said for my phone I needed android 4.4 kitkat or higher and mine is 4.1. My computer didn't work either because I'm running windows 7. And my kindle, well I don't even want to get into how much I hate the kindle app store. Is there any help for us poor folks who can't buy new technology? Did I do something wrong? Should it work on my old stuff?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 14, 2015 08:20

with sssoul
My dear kind patient generous-spirited & technologically with-it IORRians,
I'm finally in a position to get up in the middle of the night to watch the Nashville show on this periscope thingy ...
but since it'll be the middle of the night can someone explain (like to a two-year-old) exactly what one has to do
a] on an android phone and b] on a computer to locate & connect to feeds?
Please and thank you very kindly - and I don't even keep up with twitter, on a normal day,
so please don't assume any knowledge like where the search function is or fancy stuff like that :E

[www.pcadvisor.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 08:24 by schillid.

Date: June 14, 2015 10:33

latebloomer
It's not rocket science, as you are fond of saying dear with sssoul, and if I can do it anyone can
as I am definitely a digital immigrant. Get yourself a twitter account and the periscope app and you'll be in business in no time. smileys with beer

Latebloomer dear, what I say is that it's not rocket surgery! Much harder than mere rocket science or neurosurgery, you know :E
But to return: I beg to differ, really. I have a twitter account and a periscope app and have been reading the concert threads
after the show is over, and I've seen lots of bewildered people bleating for help with periscope,
and feel likewise bewildered myself, especially when it comes to finding feeds,
not just relying on the kindness of strangers to post links, which they don't always do in the heat of the fray.

This thread should help a lot, so multi thanks & praises to all the good people providing helpful instructions.

Date: June 14, 2015 10:47

Now that I mention it, this must be what the Glimmer Twins meant when they advised us to plug in, flush out and find the fvkkin feed -
okay so it's not rocket surgery but having some guidance the first few times out is good!
Therefore: Continued thanks & praises to everyone providing helpful instructions.

Periscope feeds during this tour
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 14, 2015 12:13

Thanks to all who contributed and With Ssoul for starting it. I had thought about collecting these infos in a thread myself.

Now, what's left open is that we maybe or hopefully are able to organize the feeds even before the show starts.

Like, there's always at least 1 IORRigan present at the show. So maybe we can ask those with tickets for the show to stream the gig to us?

It would be possible to even arrange responsibilties for certain songs to stream between those present at the show so that not 1 person has to bear the weight of holding up the arm or emptying the batteries of the smartphone. Like I stream from start until the vote song, somebody next covers HTW until MR and the third person feeds MY until the last bow.

How about that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 12:14 by waterrats.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 14, 2015 15:39

Just FYI I know that DREAMTIME and I will both be Periscoping Nashville. I'll be row 11 on the floor. The other variable is 4G signal.. There is no way to tell until Wednesday night what the signal will be like.

I don't know DREAMTIME's Twitter/Periscope handle but mine is @drakehatfield.

All this live streaming is funny to me. I love that Periscope (a Twitter company) finally reached the masses to make all of this possible. My company (hatfieldmedia.com) does live streaming but on a much bigger scale. The thought of streaming from a cell phone at a concert is something I would never offer clients, but is priceless to me as a fan!

Date: June 14, 2015 16:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:51 by relms.

Date: June 14, 2015 17:16

Okay, I'll give it a try...maybe, for band intros and Keith's set. I'll be in Nashville and Pittsburgh, and I'm thinking Pittsburgh might be better for me to try scoping. I'll let everyone know on the live updates threads if I'm scoping. It depends on my battery and my state of mind...I know, I know, I have issues with committing to Periscope. We've been trying to work it out. Really, I'm just not sure I can handle the distraction of trying to scope while paying attention to the concert. I'm a bit ADHD that way. But I certainly appreciate those who can mange to walk and chew gum at the same time. smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 14, 2015 18:13

Thanks, all. I will still look for the links in the topic as they happen, hoping to find them.
No one else is really posting these for us fans.

It would be great to have at least some of the scooping from IORRs if you can do it. If not, no worries.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home