Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger Solo Albums Now Digital
Date: June 13, 2015 06:26

Great news for any Mick Jagger fans in the U.S.- five of his solo albums have been added on Spotify, so that his available discography is as shown below (red means recently added)

The Very Best Of Mick Jagger
Goddess In the Doorway
Wandering Spirit
Primitive Cool
She's The Boss

Alfie - Music From The Motion Picture
Dancing In The Streets E.P.

The new additions are all listed as being from 2015, so does this mean there'll be reissues soon, or am I reading into this too much? Either way, I'm thrilled, since I only have Goddess In the Doorway on CD and a radio-station promo copy of She's The Boss...

After checking on Google Play and iTunes, the albums are all available except for the Greatest Hits album...smiling smiley

Re: Mick Jagger Solo Albums Now Digital
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:12

Rhapsody carries them too + the"Performance" soundtrack. Great!
RockandRoll,
Mops

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:18

Don't understand why it is good news, when you are a real Jagger fan, you already got these items in lp's or cd's. Don't need digital downloads. I can understand for young people who start their collection now, but for the others...

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:45

Great! Now we're waiting on (a friend) Keith.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:34

ouroux58
Don't understand why it is good news, when you are a real Jagger fan, you already got these items in lp's or cd's. Don't need digital downloads. I can understand for young people who start their collection now, but for the others...

Good news, beacause now I can add songs from those albums to my playlists. Simple as that.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:03

mr edward
ouroux58

Good news, beacause now I can add songs from those albums to my playlists. Simple as that.

You mean you gonna pay again for what you already paid for? can't you just download them or digitize your CD's

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:06

oh boy, I've been waiting so long to add Primitive Cool to my digital collection

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:39

ouroux58

Eggzactly ... if someone really wanted these, why wouldn't they have already purchased the cds long ago ... is it really that hard for people to convert them to mp3s?

Date: June 14, 2015 00:40

I enjoy the option of being able to listen to the albums I don't have in order to decide which one to get.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:33

Just listened to Old Habits Die Hard. Wow. I forgot how good of a song that was. It starts out like Maggie!

Date: June 14, 2015 03:35

Listening to the Alfie soundtrack I recall why I bothered to not get it - a lot of it sounds like one giant demo for Streets Of Love...

Date: June 14, 2015 03:49

Old Habits Die Hard would be perfect for the Stones to play live.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:00

LeonidP
ouroux58

Eggzactly ... if someone really wanted these, why wouldn't they have already purchased the cds long ago ... is it really that hard for people to convert them to mp3s?

confused smiley Jagger is making new fans all the time. How many people here have you heard say recently "Jagger is fantastic!"? I imagine there are plenty of people who's interest has peaked after hearing or reading about him this tour and will be moved to explore his solo work.

Besides, with your argument why would any artist from the LP CD era make their records available? Because this is the format of the day and they wan't to continue to sell their music, of course.

peace

Date: June 14, 2015 04:04

Jagger solo...

What was the stupid name of that group he was in? I can't fukcing remember!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:18

Nikkei
oh boy, I've been waiting so long to add Primitive Cool to my digital collection

stop

Date: June 14, 2015 04:19

GasLightStreet
Just listened to Old Habits Die Hard. Wow. I forgot how good of a song that was. It starts out like Maggie!

yeah, I quite liked that one.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:27

okay.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:52

Nikkei
okay.

No, continue.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:54

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Nikkei
okay.

No, continue.

Now you stop

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:59

It's important these all remain available in every possible format to remind Mick why he needs to Keith.

Date: June 14, 2015 06:52

treaclefingers
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Nikkei
okay.

No, continue.

Now you stop

Come on, treacle! At least admit that Dirty Work isn't too bad! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 06:52 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:18

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
treaclefingers
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Nikkei
okay.

No, continue.

Now you stop

I'll answer for him: it's terrible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 07:39 by HearMeKnockin.

Date: June 14, 2015 07:45

HearMeKnockin
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
treaclefingers
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Nikkei
okay.

No, continue.

Now you stop

I'll answer for him: it's terrible.

Alright, then admit that 1989 to 2015 have been the Stones' glory years...!

Date: June 14, 2015 07:52

Naturalust
LeonidP
ouroux58

confused smiley Jagger is making new fans all the time. How many people here have you heard say recently "Jagger is fantastic!"? I imagine there are plenty of people who's interest has peaked after hearing or reading about him this tour and will be moved to explore his solo work.

Besides, with your argument why would any artist from the LP CD era make their records available? Because this is the format of the day and they wan't to continue to sell their music, of course.

peace

Of course, LPs are CDs... a Long Player is not specific to vinyl... and anyone that loves music will want an album by an artist. Afterall, you only rent a room when travelling.

The saying 'music isn't good anymore' has some weight to it. Interest (and the reasons why) in music in the 1950s changed and again in the 1960s and changed in the 1970s and... 1980s and in the mid 1990s... it stopped.

Sex, pissing on walls, getting busted for drugs, rude behaviour, dying, videos, spectacle and suicides... now it's just plastic garbage. Zooming bass notes and stupid computer generated beats. There's no true interest in music from a consumer base regarding the art of songs. It's fashion of the moment.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:36

LeonidP
ouroux58

Most people don't have anything that plays a CD anymore.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 14, 2015 10:00

NICOS
mr edward
ouroux58

You mean you gonna pay again for what you already paid for? can't you just download them or digitize your CD's

I allready have a Spotify Premium account, so no extra costs. The days of downloading are long gone. I buy most releases of the artists I follow on vinyl (Sticky Deluxe for example), just stream other releases.

Owning music is not important anymore, accessibility is everything. Mick caught up pretty late.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2015 15:08

Naturalust
LeonidP
ouroux58

peace

I wasn't saying the artist shouldn't do it ... I find it odd a fan that is part of a message board doesn't already have it, and posts it as 'great news' ... but of course there could always be new fans signing up, i suppose, but still, these things are so easy to listen to, I would have to guess they have all been on youtube for years.

Date: June 14, 2015 17:16

GasLightStreet
Naturalust
LeonidP
ouroux58

peace

Of course, LPs are CDs... a Long Player is not specific to vinyl... and anyone that loves music will want an album by an artist. Afterall, you only rent a room when travelling.

The saying 'music isn't good anymore' has some weight to it. Interest (and the reasons why) in music in the 1950s changed and again in the 1960s and changed in the 1970s and... 1980s and in the mid 1990s... it stopped.

Sex, pissing on walls, getting busted for drugs, rude behaviour, dying, videos, spectacle and suicides... now it's just plastic garbage. Zooming bass notes and stupid computer generated beats. There's no true interest in music from a consumer base regarding the art of songs. It's fashion of the moment.

I think the whole thing started to unravel when in the mid 80s a bunch of reprobates started a campaign calling CD's LPs and tried to convince the masses of this.

Everyone knows an LP is vinyl...of course it is!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 19:22

treaclefingers
I think the whole thing started to unravel when in the mid 80s a bunch of reprobates started a campaign calling CD's LPs and tried to convince the masses of this.

Everyone knows an LP is vinyl...of course it is!

The 80's were a bad time for music in more ways than one then. Though probably not technically correct, to me an LP will indeed always be vinyl.I still think of vinyl when saying "album" or "record" though that's probably not correct either.

It was strange enough when all music basically became computer files, now with all the streaming, music is just a feed from some distant unknown source, a line item on a menu, a channel selection on a computer screen.

Something has definitely been lost without the tactile product to fondle while listening and never again will the future Mick and Keith's of this world have a chance to meet and bond over the fact that one of them is carrying a stack of American records.

Gone are the days when you used to be able to scope out new friends and girlfriends by browsing through their stack of records when you first went to their house. I certainly used that tried and true method to determine whether people were going to be compatible.

Nothing raised the red flags quicker than sitting down in front of your dates record collection and finding nothing but cheesy pop and disco records...and nothing said "hell yeah" more than finding a deep selection of good rock records that even you didn't have.

peace

Date: June 14, 2015 19:26

I like having something. A hard copy. The art of it. The result of the work that goes into it. It's not all just about the music - it's what goes with the music. Whether it's a vinyl LP or a CD LP.

If it's not possible to get, fine, I'll download it from fukcing iTunes if necessary.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home