Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Is This It For North America?
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:38

I think they will be back but of course it all hinges on their health. Might be the last stadium tour but then arena tour(s). This is my hope anyway.

My advice would be to see them now, if you can, as there are just too many
things that can go wrong in the near future. Stadium shows are far from ideal
but light years better than no show at all.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:46

swimtothemoon
I think they will be back but of course it all hinges on their health. Might be the last stadium tour but then arena tour(s). This is my hope anyway.

And there in a nutshell you have the business plan for The Rolling Stones Inc for the past 35 years :-)

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 13, 2015 02:51

Turner68
swimtothemoon

And there in a nutshell you have the business plan for The Rolling Stones Inc for the past 35 years :-)

Considering the Stones have grossed $2 billion in the last 35 years, I'd say that's been a good business plan...

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 03:11

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
I believe they will be back! winking smiley

Houston, Denver, New York City, Seattle all needs shows

I'm not sure about Houston, Denver or Seattle; but they will definitely pass thru LA, SF, NYC, Philly, Boston & Chicago one more time....probably next year...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 03:35

jrcjohnny99
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
I believe they will be back! winking smiley

Houston, Denver, New York City, Seattle all needs shows

I'm not sure about Houston, Denver or Seattle; but they will definitely pass thru LA, SF, NYC, Philly, Boston & Chicago one more time....probably next year...

I think Seattle seems a bit more likely since, according to BV, there was a rumoured show in Seattle for this tour. I guess it got outvoted, so it would make sense to go for it for the next time. Just a theory

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: June 13, 2015 04:07

No.....There is only one thing that will prevent them from coming back to the bottomless treasure chest filled with Gold here in the U.S....
Until good health prevents them or someone checks out...

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:40

The Stones will keep rolling for as long they do and all the speculation in the world will not change one thing about it.

The best advice is to see them as early and see them as often as you can afford.

Someday it will all end and you dont want to be up in heaven, or down in hell, or where ever you wind up(maybe just rotting in the dirt) and hear that the Stones are still playing on Earth and you didnt see them enough times to be satisfied with the number.

Posted by: fender99 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:16

Shorter jaunts here and there. As long as their health
allows. They will probably be some shows by the Stones. I'm thankful I get to see them
and just take in the performance.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:42

mailexile67
late 2015: Maybe South America Zip Code Tour
2016: New album
2016: Europe (16 gigs) and Australasian in the fall(Japan,China,Australia,New zeland and so on)
2017: North America (NYC,Chicago,Seattle and so on plus 2/3 Canadian gigs)
then stop
2022/2023: "Residency gigs" 5 in NYC, 5 in LA, 5 in Paris and 5 in London

They'd have to rename any South American jaunt...no Zips
Maybe Postal Code?

Date: June 13, 2015 16:10

Going Postal in South Amercia - ROLLINGSTONES2015

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:15

.....last for any big venues and high ticket prices. There just isn't a market anymore for a oldies vegas act with ticket prices over $100.00.

The stones have saturated the market so much, they is little market left for anyone who wants to hear Satisfaction for the second time. Once is enough!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:17

You should follow the Twitter hashtag #StonesTown leading up to the shows. You won't believe the number of first timers there.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:41

taz22
.....last for any big venues and high ticket prices. There just isn't a market anymore for a oldies vegas act with ticket prices over $100.00.

The stones have saturated the market so much, they is little market left for anyone who wants to hear Satisfaction for the second time. Once is enough!
It seems like the tour is going smashingly well and there is a market, a huge market, for what the Stones are doing -- playing their hits to high paying audiences. WHo knows when they will stop or if this is the last tour, I think nobody will know until it happens, but when they stop it will not be because the demand has died it will be because they cant do it anymore.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:55

Rokyfan
taz22

It seems like the tour is going smashingly well and there is a market, a huge market, for what the Stones are doing -- playing their hits to high paying audiences. WHo knows when they will stop or if this is the last tour, I think nobody will know until it happens, but when they stop it will not be because the demand has died it will be because they cant do it anymore.

I agree.

Date: June 13, 2015 22:49

They should do a brief arena tour of the U.S. in early fall. Hit the cities they passed on this stadium tour.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:47

Has there even been a tour of North America where NYC did not get a show ??

I'm still holding out for a NYC gig tacked onto to this tour or maybe in
the fall before south america

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:06

No Security. NYC had the 3 MSG shows that were part of the B to B tour in Jan 98 -- their first arena shows in awhile . . . that led to No Security where they played hartford and philadelphia but not NYC (or NJ), unless my memory is bad, which is possible.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:38

The 50 And Counting Tour brought to us a new model of Rolling Stones touring. Gone are the near non-stop two-year tours, replaced by are more relaxed and staged way of managing their series of shows. With the regular breaks, they have time to recuperate and gather themselves for the next batch of performances. Because of this, I do feel their longevity can be carried that little bit further. I do believe the continent of North America will see London's finest once more.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:16

jaggerman

in 2013, they skipped New York - closest shows were Boston and Philadelphia

the 50th anniversary shows were in 2012

come back to NYC!
we love you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 01:17 by CloudCat.

Date: June 14, 2015 01:39

CloudCat
jaggerman

in 2013, they skipped New York - closest shows were Boston and Philadelphia

the 50th anniversary shows were in 2012

come back to NYC!
we love you!

I bet you will get your Stones shows soon CloudCat, I hope so, you and NYC deserve them. smiling smiley

As far as the band keeping on keeping on? 75 is the 49

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:46

relms

I bet you will get your Stones shows soon CloudCat, I hope so, you and NYC deserve them. smiling smiley

As far as the band keeping on keeping on? 75 is the 49

from your lips to the Angels' ears!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:44

Keep your fingers crossed.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:07

I wonder if The Stones would make a DVD of their last USA tour, providing of course that they plan it versus having to stop touring due to unplanned things like health problems?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:13

I hope not, they have to play Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and New Orleans.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2015 08:10

They'll never come back to New Orleans. Nowhere near close enough interest in the Stones here.

Arena Tour
Date: June 15, 2015 04:42

Hi. Recently I've heard a few people say that, if the Stones were to come back to North America after Zip Code, it would likely be an Arena Tour rather than stadiums. I just had two questions about possible arena shows...
1) Would tickets likely be more expensive because of fewer seats, or would they be cheaper because of the smaller venue?
2) What difference would a stadium or arena make to the Stones? I mean, a stage is a stage, so why does a smaller venue make for an easier show? Or would they just prefer arenas because they're a much more intimate setting?
Thanks very much

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 05:12 by stones2000.

Re: Arena Tour
Posted by: aftergeography ()
Date: June 15, 2015 05:19

I saw them at 2 different venues on the Licks tour…one stadium show, one arena show…thats been a few years ago but I don't recall that big of a difference between the prices…about the same either way…my advice is to not wait around to see a show before its too late!

Date: June 15, 2015 05:22

aftergeography
I saw them at 2 different venues on the Licks tour…one stadium show, one arena show…thats been a few years ago but I don't recall that big of a difference between the prices…about the same either way…my advice is to not wait around to see a show before its too late!

I already saw them in San Diego! It was absolutely incredible! I'm just talking (for fun) about if, theoretically, the Stones did a North American arena tour in the future (and came near me, e.g. Seattle, Vancouver, Tacoma, etc,)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2015 06:41

An arena tour is more expensive, stones2000. For a lot of reasons, but primarily because people (myself included) will pay more to be closer to the band in a more intimate setting and the sound is typically better as well.

As an example the last arena tour that rolled through North America, the Lucky Dip seats were $85 instead of the $29 and $39 you see in the stadiums.

One thing I think we can bet on if they do another North American arena tour though.. our Seattle/Vancouver area won't be by-passed again!! (hopefully)..cool smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2015 07:01

The Arena tours have much fewer cheap seats.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home