Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick Jagger on new Don Henley Country Record
Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:05

From the article below:

In contrast to the country radio landscape, women are in abundance on Cass County. Lambert lends her distinct vocal to "Bramble Rose," a wistful song written by Tift Merritt, which also features the Rolling Stones' Jagger on vocals and harmonica.

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Jagger on new Don Henley Country Record
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:25

Nice news !

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:29

Cool! Although I really don't care about or for Don Henley, I'm actually a fan of the writer of the song, Tift Merritt. Nice to see she's getting her songs to people of the status of Henley & Jagger. I caught her years ago when she was just starting out and have been a fan ever since. I'll look forward to hearing what Don & Mick have done with her song.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:23

Very cool!

And added bonus my favorite Americana songstress/icon has a tune on the album as well... Lucinda Williams.. who I just bought tickets for this morning.

Couldn't have scripted it much better... seeing the Rolling Stones three times, and Lucinda Williams twice, all within a two week period in July. From Olympia Washington to Quebec City... Love it.

Jagger plays and sings on upcoming Don Henley album
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 19, 2015 00:05

Jagger plays and sings on upcoming Don Henley (Eagles) Country solo album.

[radio.com]

[www.billboard.com]

[www.rollingstone.com]

"In contrast to the country radio landscape, women are in abundance on Cass County. Lambert lends her distinct vocal to "Bramble Rose," a wistful song written by Tift Merritt, which also features the Rolling Stones' Jagger on vocals and harmonica."

"Mick Jagger and Miranda Lambert each lend their distinctive vocals to “Bramble Rose,” a song that Henley told interviewer Beverly Keel that he had been a fan of since he had heard Tift Merritt’s version in the early 2000s."

Don Henley Previews Star-Studded New Album 'Cass County' in Nashville

The week of the CMA Music Festival brings a wide variety of public figures to Nashville. One of the biggest sightings in town on Thursday was the legendaryDon Henley, who stopped by Nashville’s Ruby to give invited guests a first listen to some of the tracks to his upcoming star-studded album Cass County.

Mick Jagger and Miranda Lambert each lend their distinctive vocals to “Bramble Rose,” a song that Henley told interviewer Beverly Keel that he had been a fan of since he had heard Tift Merritt’s version in the early 2000s.

This Week In Billboard Chart History: Don Henley's 'End Of The Innocence' Begins

Another powerhouse female vocalist lending her voice to the project is Martina McBride, who guests on the uptempo “That Old Flame.” one of the most uptempo songs of the seven that were played. Henley said that he has always been a fan of her voice, and was glad to have her on the project.

Perhaps the biggest reception of the preview tracks was for his cover of “When I Stop Dreaming.” Originally a hit for The Louvin Brothers, Henley was joined by Country Music Hall of Fame member Dolly Parton on the track. Of the collaboration, he remarked that Parton recalled performing the song with Porter Wagoner during their days together.

Any Don Henley country-oriented project would not be complete without the vocals of Trisha Yearwood. The two, who have collaborated in the past on her singles “Walkaway Joe” (1992) and “Inside Out” (2001), were reunited on the moving “Words Can Break Your Heart.” Henley took time to praise Yearwood’s workman-like approach when discussing the song.

Rewinding The Charts: Eagles' 'Hotel California' Checks In At No. 1

The album also features guest appearances from Merle Haggard and Vince Gill, who takes the Don Rich part on a cut that Henley says was inspired for his love of the music of Buck Owens -- a “fellow Texan,” as the singer noted.

And acclaimed singer-songwriter Lucinda Williams lends evocative harmonies to the haunting “There’s A Train In The Distance,” which details the restlessness that Henley felt growing up in Texas.

During the interview, which followed the preview, Henley said that he grew up in the Lone Star State inspired by the sounds of country music on The Louisiana Hayride on KWKH in Shreveport, as well as the varied musical offerings of WNOE in New Orleans. Perhaps the biggest crowd reaction of the afternoon came when Keel asked him what he wanted people to know most about the album. Thinking for a moment, he quipped “That it’s out,” to thunderous applause.

The Eagles To Tour Australia, New Zealand In 2015

Cass County will be released later this year. Though it’s his most country-influenced release to date, he’s enjoyed some success in the format before. In addition to the collaborations with Yearwood, he has also appeared on the country charts with Kenny Rogers (who produced a pre-Eagles band Henley was in called Shiloh) with “Calling Me,” and in 2000, he made his only solo appearance on the charts with “For My Wedding,” which peaked at No. 61. That track was from Inside Job, his most recent album.

"Bramble Rose" by Tift Merritt - [www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Bramble Rose
The ungrateful few who tangle inside
Don't care where they're born, they're growin' up wild
The rain makes me thirsty and fightin' to go
My mind turns determined, dark as a storm

CHORUS
So my love has, grown as sharp as, a bramble rose
Like a real good woman nobody knows

I get so ashamed for makin' you blue
I come back to this porch to make it all up to you
The rain's got me thirsty, falling wasteful and slow
I'm restless enough. I'm so scared to go

CHORUS
So my love has, turned as hard as, a bramble rose
I'm a real good woman nobody knows

Do you think I'll be happy out on the wind?
Do you think I'll get halfway 'fore it's rainin' again?
Will I find that I'm true when it's hardest to be?
Or will the notions I follow have all turned on me?

CHORUS
Once my love has, blown as far as, a bramble rose
Just a real good woman nobody knows

Two songs from the Henley album (no Jagger on these songs)

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

New Don Henley album featuring Mick Jagger
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: July 17, 2015 21:58

Don't know of it is pistes before but it sounds interesting

Credit: James Glader
Don Henley is going country for Cass County, his first solo album in 15 years. Rolling Stone reports that among the guests joining the Eagles singer/drummer for the project are Mick Jagger, country music legends Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton, country artists Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Ashley Monroe and Trisha Yearwood, and alt-country singer/songwriter Lucinda Williams.

In the ’90s, Henley duetted with Yearwood on her hit “Walkaway Joe.”

According to Rolling Stone, while previewing the album for the press in Nashville, Henley said, “The great majority [of recording] was done right here in Nashville and I can truthfully say that I enjoyed making this record more than any record I’ve made in my career. And a lot of the reason is because of the people who participated. There’s some amazing musicians here and the best thing about it is, most of them are funny. So it was a real pleasure.”

Regarding the special guests, Henley explained, “I chose people that I respect musically. People whose work I respect, whose voices I like, who are all great, authentic singers who can really sing when called upon to sing.” He added, “Some of them are friends of mine and some of them I had never met before. I was flattered and flabbergasted when all of them said, ‘Yeah.'”

Most of the material on the album, which is named after the county in Texas where Henley grew up, was co-written with Stan Lynch, the original drummer of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Jagger lends vocals to and plays harmonica on a song called “Bramble Rose,” which was written by Tift Merritt. Parton sings on a cover of an the old Louvin Brothers classic “When I Stop Dreaming.”

As for why he’s going country, Henley explained, “I’m a Southerner and a Texan. I have ancestors in Tennessee, Mississippi and Georgia. So this is a natural progression for me. It’s not me trying to do the ‘Don Henley country album.’ It’s who I am and where I come from.”

Re: New Don Henley album featuring Mick Jagger
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 00:01

Interesting. Can't wait. Love Don Henley.

Re: New Don Henley album featuring Mick Jagger
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 04:29

I thought Mick was in duet with Miranda Lambert....

Re: Mick Jagger on new Don Henley Country Record
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 19, 2015 08:01

Preferred if he and Keith couldl work together and write some new tunes.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: July 19, 2015 11:25

Interesting news. I wonder when this was recorded.

Speaking of Eagles-members - I also wonder what happened with the two tracks which Jagger recorded with Joe Walsh more than two years ago.

N

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 19, 2015 11:43

Yes, I can imagine Mick on "Bramble Rose". Nice song.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 19, 2015 15:19

...me too..can't wait..

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 19, 2015 22:03

Brstonesfan

Absolutelythumbs up

To be honest Mick Jaggers efforts to prove himself without keith by his side are horrific embarrassments . I'm shocked and surprised that he has not learnt his lesson yet.
Mick + Keith = Genius
Mick + Anyone else = mediocrity

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 20, 2015 00:52

Don. Henley. Really?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 02:05

open-g
Don. Henley. Really?

perfect post.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 20, 2015 02:41

open-g
Don. Henley. Really?

lol. Sticky thread no less?

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 20, 2015 04:15

keefriffhards

To be honest Mick Jaggers efforts to prove himself without keith by his side are horrific embarrassments . I'm shocked and surprised that he has not learnt his lesson yet.

Have you heard Peter Wolf w/Mick, "Nothing but the Wheel"?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 20, 2015 04:29

No interest at all in this .....Henley is awful as are "The Eagles".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2015 05:30

Just as Superheavy failed, this Henly/Jagger duet will be soon forgotten.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 20, 2015 06:34

Have ya already heard it ????

ROCKMAN

Date: July 20, 2015 06:44

No Rockman - not a fan of Henley solo or Jagger solo...just putting two and two together, an educated guess.
Should have added 'imo' I suppose.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 06:59

keefriffhards
Brstonesfan

Absolutelythumbs up

Mick + Keith = Genius
Mick + Anyone else = mediocrity

Couldn't agree more. Equally true, via the commutative property of rock star mathematics, is:

Keith + Mick = Genius
Keith + Anyone else = mediocrity

Date: July 20, 2015 07:29

Here's the trailer for the album:

>Don Henley Cass County Official Trailer

From this glimpse, sounds like all contemporary/modern country (Blake Shelton, Garth Brooks, etc.) - not my cup of tea.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:43

It's a shame Mick isn't duetting with Tift Merritt. I've long loved her song STRAY PAPER, including the singing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-20 08:45 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 20, 2015 16:45

...that Stray Paper is awful good.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 20, 2015 16:51

Lucinda Williams, with any input from Keith or Mick ( or Mick Taylor too for that matter)

i'd sure like to hear that..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 20, 2015 17:03

duke richardson
Lucinda Williams, with any input from Keith or Mick ( or Mick Taylor too for that matter)

You and me both... Catching Lu tomorrow night and Wed...(!!!!)

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 20, 2015 17:24

MisterDDDD
duke richardson

You and me both... Catching Lu tomorrow night and Wed...(!!!!)

enjoy !! great songwriter, great band. and what a voice..

Date: July 20, 2015 23:40

So what

Date: July 20, 2015 23:43

I want to see Mick Jagger on a Rolling Stones Album with Keith Charlie and Ronnie

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home