Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 22 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 15, 2015 04:23

5stringTele
On the way home from the concert, I saw a license plate that was kind of fitting and very humorous.

It was one of Florida's John Lennon specialty tags:

The license number was:
NO ONO

That's friggin' classic!! I'm guessing NO YOKO was already taken. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 15, 2015 05:06

For Brown Sugar, it looks like Keith was initially playing the opening lick to Start Me Up, caught himself, and went straight into Brown Sugar. I live in Florida, it was brutally humid and hot that night, if you don't stay hydrated and replenish the electrolytes, it's easy to become mentally confused. It's happened to me numerous times while playing golf, especially in the summer.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 15, 2015 09:26

[www.youtube.com]

Miss you isn't everyone's favourite but watching Mick this good this late in the game is a pleasure (unusually large amount of Charlie footage in the background in this clip too - keeping the beat as ever)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 15, 2015 10:19

beachbreak
For Brown Sugar, it looks like Keith was initially playing the opening lick to Start Me Up, caught himself, and went straight into Brown Sugar.

I've seen him start Brown Sugar instead of Start Me Up (at which point his body language turned into one big Oops),
but that clip sounds like Brown Sugar all the way to me, just with a pause in it.
Maybe he was briefly unsure he was playing the right thing, and he was?
The pause-and-recovery sounded fine, though, so maybe he was just messing with us.

Was it on the Voodoo Lounge tour or B2B that he did a false start to BS (or was it SMU?) at every show?
Deliberately, I mean, for all you wisenheimers just waiting for an op! :E

Date: June 15, 2015 10:22

with sssoul
beachbreak
For Brown Sugar, it looks like Keith was initially playing the opening lick to Start Me Up, caught himself, and went straight into Brown Sugar.

I've seen him start Brown Sugar instead of Start Me Up (at which point his body language turned into one big Oops),
but that clip sounds like Brown Sugar all the way to me, just with a pause in it.
The pause-and-recovery sounded fine, though, so maybe he was just messing with us.

Was it on the Voodoo Lounge tour or B2B that he did a false start to BS (or was it SMU?) at every show?

Keith has been doing these pauses on JJF and BS since 2012. On SMU since the 90s.

Don't know why. Maybe he likes to hold on to the attention smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 10:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 15, 2015 10:25

with sssoul
beachbreak

It was the No Security tour that he did the 3 fake starts during SMU to work up the crowd. As for the current BS pause, it was that way in Atlanta too but I can't remember for the other shows, so perhaps it is deliberate as well?

Date: June 15, 2015 10:36

tumblingdice
It was the No Security tour that he did the 3 fake starts during SMU to work up the crowd.
As for the current BS pause, it was that way in Atlanta too but I can't remember for the other shows, so perhaps it is deliberate as well?

Thanks - it must have been on the B2B tour that I witnessed it in that case (I wasn't at any No Security shows).
The current BS pause-and-recover might as well be deliberate - it sounds cool enough!

Date: June 15, 2015 10:45

with sssoul
tumblingdice
It was the No Security tour that he did the 3 fake starts during SMU to work up the crowd.
As for the current BS pause, it was that way in Atlanta too but I can't remember for the other shows, so perhaps it is deliberate as well?

Thanks - it must have been on the B2B tour that I witnessed it in that case (I wasn't at any No Security shows).
The current BS pause-and-recover might as well be deliberate - it sounds cool enough!

He started that (SMU with pauses) on the B2B-tour indeed.

He did the pause in Oslo on JJF as well. In Roskilde, too.

Date: June 15, 2015 10:55

I think it started on the NS tour and since that was in the middle of the BTB tour it carried over to the European shows. Is that when you saw them? I don't believe it was done on any of the U.S. BTB shows, but I may be wrong. Certainly wasn't done when I saw them on it.

Date: June 15, 2015 11:03

I'm really curious on that now. Don't have my boots to double check. I saw then in December 1997 just before the St Louis PPV which didn't have that. So wondering what dates you saw them then? Was it on the 1998 dates or the later 1999 dates after the No Security Break?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 15, 2015 11:05

DandelionPowderman
He started that (SMU with pauses) on the B2B-tour indeed.

Here's an example, but I've seen and heard versions where he expanded these starts and
stops to the extreme.

Start me Up Canada 1999

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 14:23 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: PeteByrond ()
Date: June 15, 2015 15:46

I would personally like to Thank everyone here for all the Wonderful Comments that I received while I was using Periscope to broadcast The #StonesOrlando. I was high up but the Audio Sound was incredible! I uploaded some songs up to my YouTube account from the Periscope playback. Again not great quality but just hearing how they sounded and performance wise made up for it! Thank You IORR StonesFriends from around the World, it makes me happy I made you all Happy! Pete Byron Dooley [youtu.be]

Posted by: PeteByrond ()
Date: June 15, 2015 15:56

video: [youtu.be] Bitch and Moonlight Mile and most of She's so Cold Stones in Orlando

Date: June 15, 2015 16:17

tumblingdice
I think it started on the NS tour and ... carried over to the European shows.
Is that when you saw them?

I witnessed it at a 1998 B2B show, so it seems it started in the European leg of B2B
and was carried over into No Security. I don't recall it being three false starts, just one and a half.
So Keith evolved it :E

Date: June 15, 2015 16:22

Thanks a lot, Pete! thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2015 16:45

DandelionPowderman

Indeed: Thanks & praises!
I wasn't in a reasonable time zone to watch your periscope broadcasts as they happened,
but even I've heard of you. Well done! And rock on

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:53

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

I wasn't in a reasonable time zone to watch your periscope broadcasts as they happened,

I also wasn't in the right time zone - and had never even heard of periscope until checking in at IORR! - but think it's great what you and others are doing - giving those of us stuck at home a chance to catch some of the show.

Thanks for the youtube links too. smiling smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:12

DandelionPowderman
smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:19

PeteByrond
I would personally like to Thank everyone here for all the Wonderful Comments that I received while I was using Periscope to broadcast The #StonesOrlando. I was high up but the Audio Sound was incredible! I uploaded some songs up to my YouTube account from the Periscope playback. Again not great quality but just hearing how they sounded and performance wise made up for it! Thank You IORR StonesFriends from around the World, it makes me happy I made you all Happy! Pete Byron Dooley [youtu.be]

Thanks Pete!
Great job!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:38

MisterDDDD
PeteByrond

Thanks Pete!
Great job!!

Great job indeed! Thanks a lot, Pete! smiling smiley

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:22

MarthaTuesday
with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

I also wasn't in the right time zone - and had never even heard of periscope until checking in at IORR! - but think it's great what you and others are doing - giving those of us stuck at home a chance to catch some of the show.

Thanks for the youtube links too. smiling smiley

I'm not in the right time zone either, and also had never heard of periscope before.
Thanks to everyone for all their efforts!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:43

PeteByrond

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Your broadcast was truly very much appreciated, thanks again. Glad you got to enjoy the show and I certainly, as well as many others here, enjoyed watching what you provided us. Hats off to you for a job well done.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:50

Pete, nice going--you gave us a lot of happiness.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: elmahore ()
Date: June 15, 2015 19:13

Many many thanks Pete. So good to follow along!

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 15, 2015 23:31

Keith started Brown Sugar on the wrong chord, therefore I don't think it was the hesitation move he has done previously. It doesn't matter. He recovered like the pro he is. He is playing great as is the rest of the band. I love these guys.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 16, 2015 13:56

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 14:08

PeteByrond

Good ole Pete!!! You came through man and you made a lot of people happy. Thank You!!

And Thank you you saving the scopes and posting them to Youtube, your efforts are appreciated.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 16, 2015 14:16

Mr.D

weird, it seems easy posting videos (just copy/pasting the address) does not work since the update, or something. I am sure it will get worked out.

In the mean time adding an "s" to the http will at least make the link show up versus being invisible. It is funny because usually we have to cut off the "s" not add it.

http
https

Anyway this is what Mr D posted for us- Sympathy For The Devil, Orlando

[www.youtube.com]

Quoting this message and looking at it before posting will show what I am talking about. i.e. Mr D's message is there and there are 2 links directly above this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 14:17 by relms.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 16, 2015 16:42

Two more Orlando, Bitch & Moonlight Mile:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 16, 2015 16:53

beachbreak
Keith started Brown Sugar on the wrong chord, therefore I don't think it was the hesitation move he has done previously. It doesn't matter. He recovered like the pro he is. He is playing great as is the rest of the band. I love these guys.

It's become clear that Keith playing is potent...and Keith is omnipotent
All sorts of potential...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 22 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home