Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 21 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:46

tumblingdice
tauk
angee
tauk
angee
On occasion, Mick does make eye contact with people in the audience, as do Ronnie and Keith, of course.

Check out my book for instances of audience contact, in the chapter on fan interaction, up close and peronal.
I know, I've been surprised.

True, in general he's trying to reach everbody.

Angee, How can I get a copy of your book?

Thanks for asking, C! It's right here, not too expensive, based on interviews
with over 100 fans,
some of them on these pages. cool smiley :

[www.amazon.com]

SOLD. I'm just beginning my own personal reading of the RS. I have lots & lots of ground to cover-yours looks like a good place to start.

If you are just starting out then I highly recommend Bill Wyman's first book Stone Alone as well. Stone Alone
Others seem to like his later picture books, which are nice, but I much prefer this one that gives us a great look into the early days and the 60's up until Brian's death. I always hated that he never did another like this covering later years.

tumblingdice-thanks for the info. there are so many books to cover plus I really wanna read magazine interviews also.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:59

tauk
tumblingdice
tauk
angee
tauk
angee
On occasion, Mick does make eye contact with people in the audience, as do Ronnie and Keith, of course.

Check out my book for instances of audience contact, in the chapter on fan interaction, up close and peronal.
I know, I've been surprised.

True, in general he's trying to reach everbody.

Angee, How can I get a copy of your book?

Thanks for asking, C! It's right here, not too expensive, based on interviews
with over 100 fans,
some of them on these pages. cool smiley :

[www.amazon.com]

SOLD. I'm just beginning my own personal reading of the RS. I have lots & lots of ground to cover-yours looks like a good place to start.

If you are just starting out then I highly recommend Bill Wyman's first book Stone Alone as well. Stone Alone
Others seem to like his later picture books, which are nice, but I much prefer this one that gives us a great look into the early days and the 60's up until Brian's death. I always hated that he never did another like this covering later years.

tumblingdice-thanks for the info. there are so many books to cover plus I really wanna read magazine interviews also.
In that case look for Mick's interview with Rolling Stone magazine from 1995, I believe it was. Very good interview. I envy you your position! I remember when I was starting out and buying every album I could until I had them all and trying to get my hands on all books and articles. Exciting!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:39

I will never attend a stadium show again. Maybe an amphiteater show but that's it. Concerts are intended for arenas. Orlando was was more chaotic than Beirut.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 14, 2015 14:07

StonesSoCal
Enjoy life, enjoy the fact that the Stones are rocking out in 2015 in stadiums. Life is short. Speaking personally, knowing the Stones are rocking out and playing ANYTHING is a wonderful blessing to the day. Some day in the near future, all of this will be gone and it will be a MEMORY. We are grateful the concerts of today are a daily reality. They don't need to do any of this. We are spoiled as a fan base. You can call it a money grab, but, quite simply, it isn't. They don't need any money to "grab." They enjoy playing for the masses and they enjoy traveling the world. Let's enjoy it with them. Life is hard enough. If the Stones are having fun, I'm having fun.
thumbs up
If the Stones are having fun, I'm having fun even if I am 26000 miles away listening to a fleeting live feed that may fade away at any moment. I savor every moment of it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 14, 2015 14:41

LongBeachArena72
bv
It would be abuse of this thread - or any other live concert thread - to post set list complaints. Truely. If you have complaints about the setlist then it would be OFF TOPIC to post complaints here. In fact it would be a campaign which is unacceptable here on IORR. Also, it is SPAM.

If you see someone who use IORR to campaign agaainst the set list on the wrong threads again and again please feel free to use the "Report this post", and I will look into it. I may not have time to delete many posts, but I may see if soneone should be closed out from posting for a while, due to the spam factor.

There is a tread for set list complaints : [www.iorr.org]

I am sure the Rolling Stones DO NOT read that thread. Also, I do know for a fact that they read a lot other here on IORR.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. This is a tour in 15 states, 15 cities, all over USA. 99% of everyone in the crowd have not seen the Stones in years. They want to hear the big songs. Any fan whoi love the Stones would love to hear JJF, BS, GS, SYMP, SMU and so on. Sure we love Lady Jane and Citadel, but they are not mainstream.

The Stones have finalized the ZIP CODE show. It is 19 songs, 2 h 10 minutes, one request, two SF songs, then one extra. Keith doews B4 and Happy. That is this tour. Please do not waste our time with campaigns to get back Mick taylor, another set list, other backup musicians and so on. This is the tour. Please use the current sest list as a base of positive comments. If you are geetting bored of the Stones as they do perform now, then sorry, you are on the wrong place here on IORR, posting on the live threads.

I would humbly suggest, then, that the "live show updates" threads be retitled "live show compliments." Then it would be clear to everyone that they should be posting only positive comments on the band's performance, and not critiquing the quality of the live performance.

I think that discussions, positive or negative, about a particular night's performance are interesting and welcome by all. For example, Keith missing a solo in Auckland, or the band making a train wreck of "Respectable" at the Forum - that's interesting and I don't think BV or anyone else would object. What I think people find dull is the same complaints about setlist "warhorses" that dominate every concert thread - it's the same discussion about every show since 1972. It's not interesting because it has nothing to do with a particular show, and older fans have heard it all tens or hundreds of times before - e.g., "they should drop "Brown Sugar" from the setlist".

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 14, 2015 15:51

Icetraders
ALL Down the Line - video: [www.youtube.com]

LoFL - I'm sitting here glowing like a fool after that one
I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 14, 2015 19:03

If I was lucky enough to get in at the Fonda I wouldn't bitch about the set lists either.

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: June 14, 2015 19:18

What you said, with sssoul!

Date: June 14, 2015 19:46

tumblingdice wrote: In that case look for Mick's interview with Rolling Stone magazine from 1995, I believe it was. Very good interview. I envy you your position! I remember when I was starting out and buying every album I could until I had them all and trying to get my hands on all books and articles. Exciting!!

Thanks for your support. That 1995 Rolling Stone mag interview was one of the very first things I read when I got started on the RS 6 months ago. It was one of the main reasons why I got interested in Mick. I found it online including some audio portions that I could listen to the interview. I know there's so many interviews & books, it will be fun I'm sure...I call iorr Rolling Stone University (RSU)--

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:16

NO KEITH! Not that note! grinning smiley

(photo by Bjornulf Vik)

peace

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: June 14, 2015 21:54

bv
It would be abuse of this thread - or any other live concert thread - to post set list complaints. Truely. If you have complaints about the setlist then it would be OFF TOPIC to post complaints here. In fact it would be a campaign which is unacceptable here on IORR. Also, it is SPAM.

If you see someone who use IORR to campaign agaainst the set list on the wrong threads again and again please feel free to use the "Report this post", and I will look into it. I may not have time to delete many posts, but I may see if soneone should be closed out from posting for a while, due to the spam factor.

There is a tread for set list complaints : [www.iorr.org]

I am sure the Rolling Stones DO NOT read that thread. Also, I do know for a fact that they read a lot other here on IORR.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. This is a tour in 15 states, 15 cities, all over USA. 99% of everyone in the crowd have not seen the Stones in years. They want to hear the big songs. Any fan whoi love the Stones would love to hear JJF, BS, GS, SYMP, SMU and so on. Sure we love Lady Jane and Citadel, but they are not mainstream.

The Stones have finalized the ZIP CODE show. It is 19 songs, 2 h 10 minutes, one request, two SF songs, then one extra. Keith doews B4 and Happy. That is this tour. Please do not waste our time with campaigns to get back Mick taylor, another set list, other backup musicians and so on. This is the tour. Please use the current sest list as a base of positive comments. If you are geetting bored of the Stones as they do perform now, then sorry, you are on the wrong place here on IORR, posting on the live threads.

Thank you bv for making this forum possible and providing all the very useful information about the Greatest Rock and Roll Band of All Times “The Rolling Stones”!! The Orlando show will go down in history as one of the best and, I hope they will be able to return to the US again soon. Almost everybody was dancing and singing the whole show.
We are working on attending the Raleigh NC-Rolling Stones Party. Looking for 2-tickets, 1-15th row seats in section B,C,D,E.
Thank you
bv
Long Live The Stones

PS- Quote
StonesSoCal
Enjoy life, enjoy the fact that the Stones are rocking out in 2015 in stadiums. Life is short. Speaking personally, knowing the Stones are rocking out and playing ANYTHING is a wonderful blessing to the day. Some day in the near future, all of this will be gone and it will be a MEMORY. We are grateful the concerts of today are a daily reality. They don't need to do any of this. We are spoiled as a fan base. You can call it a money grab, but, quite simply, it isn't. They don't need any money to "grab." They enjoy playing for the masses and they enjoy traveling the world. Let's enjoy it with them. Life is hard enough. If the Stones are having fun, I'm having fun.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 22:01

Well so let's speak history, longevity and photography spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2015 22:02

I have updated the reports pages for the Orlando show:

[www.iorr.org]

Also, I have added all incoming reports from Minneapolis, Dallas and Atlanta now. See the complete Zip Code tour reports index:

[www.iorr.org]

The purpose of the "live comments" thread is for minute by minute information while the show is on, and shortly before after. Over time, the editorial reports should be the main reference.

Bjornulf

Date: June 14, 2015 22:11

Thanks Bjornulf. Still looking forward to your review of the Orlando show, I hope that is forthcoming. Your perspective is somewhat unique since you have seen all the shows so far and comparisons to the other shows that some of us have seen are always welcome.

peace

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 14, 2015 22:32

Just downloaded the full audio recording from the Orlando show.
I'm worried a bit about how much Keef f u c k e d up intros and other things.confused smiley
More than usually..

On the JJF intro, the IORR intro and first verse, Tumbling Dice intro, B4TMMR intro, on BS he stops in the middle of the intro for a second or so..
Maybe he just had a bad day, apart from that it seems it was a great Show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 22:33 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 14, 2015 23:02

StonedRambler
I'm worried a bit about how much Keef f u c k e d up intros and other things.confused smiley
More than usually..

On the JJF intro, the IORR intro and first verse, Tumbling Dice intro, B4TMMR intro, on BS he stops in the middle of the intro for a second or so..

Not really sure if he stopped playing or the FOH engineer just turned him down. I've seen Dave Natale do that before on the BS intro. I've got a feeling Mr. Natale has his hand on the fader for Keith's guitar whenever they start BS because of Keith's history of not quite getting it right.

Basically if you watch Keith's right hand in some video's you can see he's still playing but his guitar is suddenly inaudible, Ronnie is usually very quick to pick up the slack from what I've seen.

peace

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:23

Ouch !

Official and preventive sound censorship ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 23:26 by powerage78.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:30

bv
... Mick "Stones-baptized" us by throwing water. ...

Here you go, Bjornulf. I took this picture just as Mick sprinkled you. When my side got it later in the show, we really got it. I got drenched, so I can personally attest to the fact that the bottle was not filled with Holy water, since it did not burn nor blister my flesh upon contact.

Date: June 14, 2015 23:44

Here are a few pictures I took. Sorry there are so many, but at least I scaled them down in an attempt to ease your bandwidth's pain. Wish I could post many, many more.

Date: June 14, 2015 23:49

Naturalust
StonedRambler
More than usually..

Not really sure if he stopped playing or the FOH engineer just turned him down. I've seen Dave Natale do that before on the BS intro. I've got a feeling Mr. Natale has his hand on the fader for Keith's guitar whenever they start BS because of Keith's history of not quite getting it right.

Basically if you watch Keith's right hand in some video's you can see he's still playing but his guitar is suddenly inaudible, Ronnie is usually very quick to pick up the slack from what I've seen.

peace

If you watch the video of BS you can see that keefs right hand doing what we hear: [youtu.be]

Posted by: StonemexVelazco ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:51

StonesSoCal

Totaly agree with you StonesSoCal

Date: June 14, 2015 23:57

Naturalust
StonedRambler
More than usually..

I noticed Keef was having a bit of trouble, at times. It was very, very hot and humid there. I've lived in Florida for so long that I'm pretty acclimated to it, but I've realized that to somebody from other climates, it would be miserable and they could even have trouble breathing. Even a 30-year-old would find it uncomfortable, let alone a 71-year-old smoker.

Keef was drenched in sweat. He had to change shirts several times. Look at the dark areas of his blue shirt(s) -- his blue undershirt was soaked almost immediately, but it didn't take long for even the outer shirt to soak through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 23:59 by 5stringTele.

Date: June 14, 2015 23:59

5stringTele-excellent picture quality!thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2015 00:01

StonedRambler
Just downloaded the full audio recording from the Orlando show. ...

Where can I find that? How is the quality of the recording? Thanks.

Date: June 15, 2015 00:13

StonedRambler
Naturalust
StonedRambler
More than usually..

peace

If you watch the video of BS you can see that keefs right hand doing what we hear: [youtu.be]

You're quite right Rambler, that was indeed an awkward pause by Keith in the middle of that intro. Not sure what to make of it.confused smiley It was either an intentional pause with Keith just messing with everyone or an actual disconnect between his brain and motor skills.

He's probably just so used to hearing Charlie's snare hits to keep him in time he's a bit lost without them.

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2015 00:19

5stringTele
StonedRambler
Just downloaded the full audio recording from the Orlando show. ...

Where can I find that? How is the quality of the recording? Thanks.

You can download it here: [www.iorr.org]

I don't know about the audio quality, though, but it's usually fair to good.

Date: June 15, 2015 00:21

TE
Maybe me, but, when was that last time Keith looked like having more more fun doing Happy. When was the last time playing and singing (Licks?). Now running around Ronnie. Sorry mate. Think he is back!

TE
Oslo

Hey TE-I also commented about Keith at the San Diego concert re. how happy Keith looked all the way through the San Diego concert. He smiled so much at his fellow band members & he just seemed...kind & generous in spirit.

Date: June 15, 2015 00:42

5stringTele your explanation sounds very plausible to me, probably he just felt not comfortable, feeling dump because of the heat and so he couldn't be concentrated and we shouldn't forget he has strong arthritis.
And Naturalust your also right, once he's in and Charlie plays behind him he seems to have fewer problems.

Posted by: toadofthine ()
Date: June 15, 2015 01:02

For what it is worth, I lucked out with floor seats for face value (170 plus usual ticketmaster fees); sat next to folks who paid 800 bucks for their tix, and we ALL felt like we got our monies worth.
Thanks for the info!

Date: June 15, 2015 01:27

On the way home from the concert, I saw a license plate that was kind of fitting and very humorous.

It was one of Florida's John Lennon specialty tags:

The license number was:
NO ONO

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 21 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home