Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 19 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:22

Naturalust
maumau
Naturalust
One think that just didn't feel right to me last night were the vocals on Gimme Shelter. I truly believe they should drop this tune if this is what they have to offer. The guitars were fine, great even, but can Jagger and Lisa do anything more to butcher what is perhaps one of the best Stones tunes of all time?

peace

you always end with peace, it's great, i like that and I dont mean war with the following

it is just that this comment is funny how demonstrates perfectly the theory of hardcore whining

because you could not make 2 posts. in the first commenting on mmick and lisa the butcher and in the second your opinion on the sound of guitars

no

you have to mention incidentally how god were the guitars to reinforce the whine about mick and lisa and how much they should drop the song from the setlist

so, to sum up, they should drop from the setlist a song in which guitars sound "fine, even great"

grinning smiley

mind that I am not at all against criticism, you criticize what you care about and even what you love..

the limit, imo, is that when you reach the point where you speak out to the woman or the man you love only the things that you dont like about them it is just because, let me put it bluesy, the thrill is gone for you. which is absolutely legitimate. and sometime I feel that myself. I am bored to death by the stones so I go and listen to ten thousand different things. Only difference: I keep coming back. And when I come back I always get caught by the thrill of brown sugar or smile with joy at tumbling dice, enjoy rocks off, smile with irony at the mess of somegirls, mesmerize at the tightness of the last renditions of cyhmk and so on. And if I hear things I dont like I speak out, but not in the thread during the show where I know it is like everyone is "having sex" with the band they love.

About being here during the concert and being rude about not having updates or news or links, all I can say is that I also decided to stop posting periscope links or titles simply because, anyway anyhow anywhere, a stones concert is a ball a feast a party,

but the party was not here

lol. It's called a reverse shit sandwich maumau. A bit of crap on both sides of a piece of fresh baked bread. My intention in mentioning the good guitars wasn't actually to reinforce the whine about Lisa and Mick but if it somehow did I'm not entirely disappointed about it. grinning smiley It seems logical to me that just because one part of a song is working, another part, like the vocals, can make the overall effect bad enough to consider dropping from the setlist.

But I understand the benefits of keeping it positive and fun during the show. I'm committed to keeping any comments that could possibly be construed as negative out of my posts during the party.

Like all relationships, my one with the Stones is complex and as such is bound to have it's ups and downs. The honeymoon was over a long time ago but I still love 'em and the sex is still good.

peace

smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:26

I think the show was great and i'm very happy i got to hear moonlight mile. Still in Orlando going to Nashville tomorrow.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:30

Cristiano Radtke
relms
Cristiano Radtke
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's very appreciated. smileys with beer

But I must admit it's hard to follow the updates when we have a lot of whining here. We all know that the Stones don't surprises us with their setlists at least since 2013 - I mean, we can maybe have 2, 3 or 4 songs that can amazes us, but that's all. We all know they will play the same 14-16 songs everytime.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody here, but when we have a Stones concert going on we're supposed to have a lot of fun, even for those who stay at their homes. I know a lot of people who were at every concert this year and I feel happy for them, and happy for being able to be following the concert at my own home (by the Twitter and Instagram pics and the Periscope feeds). I do have a lot of fun myself these times, and that's only because of this I keep on posting here all the info I can find.

You are speaking for me. The whiners who feel obligated to show up and post the exact same whines during every live show, while the show is going on, are a drag. Tonight they were worse than usual. It seems odd that one second some of these people are doing nothing but whining and bitching and then they claim how much they love the band, then they say BUT and start whining again.

Of course it is their right to whine, but they should not expect people to be posting actual good content like songs played or good periscope links as the whiners add nothing but whines, "boo hoo, where is Mick Taylor" "Boo hoo why is Kieth wearing that color jacket" "Boohoo how come they dont play this song or that song" "its all downhill in the set list from here" Boohoo BOOOHOO BOOHOOBOOHOO"

I love hearing The Stones play live night after night, because if one would listen, one could hear it. IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!! It may be called the same name, it may have that name written on the paper, but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime, the weather and crowd affect things, Mick's mood affects things and the different funny things he says. It is always different and exciting. I am also very aware of how rare and fleeting these moments are and someday they wont be at all.

Why the hell people can not just enjoy the show without over analayzing every freeking note is beyond me. IT IS NOT A LECTURE.

I have had fun and did my part to add content (not just a stupid opinion) in all of the threads up until tonight. I started off tonight but then it got too stupid, so I said fk it, I am out. I can have almost as much fun listening to the show away from here and I did.

I am aware this post will not change a thing as the whiners will defend their right to whine until The Stones are no more, then they will whine about that. So many negative nancies here.

I expect that in next show thread again the same whiners will again show up again and whine again the same whine again because mick taylor is not there again, or the name of the song is the same again, or etc etc and I imagine at some point that may be all there is i nthese threads, just whiners, who if anyone notices do not post much actual content, all they do is whine their opinions. That is not content. Then the whiners whine "why is no one posting the songs being played or descriptions of what is going on or periscope links". Maybe the people who do that left the thread because there were too many whiners.

tl/dr I agree with you 110% Cristiano.

Indeed, and I think tonight we had more whiners than we usually have during the concerts perhaps on this whole year (I can't tell about the LA and San Diego concerts because I wasn't able to follow the updates here), but tonight there were times that I felt really upset about this.

On a bad comparison, you don't tell jokes on a funeral trying to cheer up the friends and relatives of the deceased. On the same way, when everybody is trying to have some fun here, you don't need to be negative all the time. Just saying.

I wanted to read a little about this concert and some related exchanges of views, but when this is what mainly catches my eye during my unsystematic efforts, I give in. I'd rather return to drink my Saturday wine.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:30

the great thing is that the Rolling Stones evening can make a fantastic concert, another evening can make a mediocre concert, this is rock and roll! But if you attend a concert mediocre however you will have fun, that's what they always defferenzia by other groups such as Pink Floyd.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:31

Thanks for that soundcheck clip. The reverberating in an empty stadium is astonishing. It's actually more of a setup check than a soundcheck.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:32

Cristiano Radtke

Ronnie must have painted the alligator with the unique tongue? Looks like his artwork.

Date: June 13, 2015 22:34

No, it's from Charlie Watts Junior, who also designed the Brisbane shark. I'd love a Ronnie poster!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:37

Witness
I wanted to read a little about this concert and some related exchanges of views, but when this is what mainly catches my eye during my unsystematic efforts, I give in. I'd rather return to drink my Saturday wine.

I was about to give in last night, but regardless of the whining I kept on trying to have some fun here.

Date: June 13, 2015 22:42

Cristiano, the board can't afford you "giving in". Heads up: I and a lot of others love what you do for us. I've read up on the thread and have to say that I find it pretty ugly. Imagine how it would look without your efforts? (and keep in mind the hundreds of people who only read along silently)

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:42

Nikkei
No, it's from Charlie Watts Junior, who also designed the Brisbane shark. I'd love a Ronnie poster!

Wow!! Thanks!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:47

Witness

You mean Saturday whine. grinning smiley

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:48

Good Grief! This is as bad as a group of first year college students trying to outdo each other with one-upsmanship. BV made it easy: post setlist complaints and whining about Mick Taylor on another thread.

What's with all the defensiveness? Making sure you get the last word in? If the Stones DO read this, I suspect they're getting a good laugh at your expense.

In the past, someone named Heart of Stone (?) and Dandelion (or something like that)would discuss things in detail. It was great reading. Today two people are arguing about who has been on this site longer! Yikes!

Christiano, your pics are fantastic and YOUR words are wise --thanks. BV, thanks for setting this up. Thanks to the person who offered to help me with periscope. Yesterday was the first time I wrote after reading for years --today is the last. I'll continue checking in to look at the great photos and read worthwhile comments. (Keep in mind, repeating the same complaints over and over doesn't mean you're discussing something.)

Good luck to all. Adieu. And Thank you to the Rolling Stones for all the great music!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:51

Cristiano Radtke
Witness

I was about to give in last night, but regardless of the whining I kept on trying to have some fun here.

OK. But reading backwards, I found more complaining about whining than actual whining, so far as I read. It maybe is unfair, of course, but that was how I experienced it.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:53

Christiano, I really like your posts and your efforts. links, photo's and all.Thank you.
Please: don't stop!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: June 13, 2015 22:57

Jesse
(Keep in mind, repeating the same complaints over and over doesn't mean you're discussing something.)

Wise words. Please don't leave us! (we're in tatters as you see)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:01

Witness
Cristiano Radtke
Witness

OK. But reading backwards, I found more complaining about whining than actual whining, so far as I read. It maybe is unfair, of course, but that was how I experienced it.

I understand your point, but when you're posting live comments when the concert is going on and then you see it seems that a lot of people are more interested to whine about the setlists than trying to start some other discussions that could be way more interesting than that, you can't help but feel that way. Me, at least.

Anyway, it's time to let those people who were at the concert last night to post here their impressions and reports. smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:28

These constant Periscope feeds are an amusing addition to the IORR live in concert threads.

So many posts with "Pete is gone" "I'm not getting a feed from Pete yet", and "Pete is back".

Jeez, in this thread Pete gets more mentions than both Mick and Keith combined. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 23:32 by stonehearted.

Date: June 13, 2015 23:31

For Pete's sake. And most of the posts are useless soon after.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:33

Jesse
Good Grief! This is as bad as a group of first year college students trying to outdo each other with one-upsmanship. BV made it easy: post setlist complaints and whining about Mick Taylor on another thread.

What's with all the defensiveness? Making sure you get the last word in? If the Stones DO read this, I suspect they're getting a good laugh at your expense.

In the past, someone named Heart of Stone (?) and Dandelion (or something like that)would discuss things in detail. It was great reading. Today two people are arguing about who has been on this site longer! Yikes!

Christiano, your pics are fantastic and YOUR words are wise --thanks. BV, thanks for setting this up. Thanks to the person who offered to help me with periscope. Yesterday was the first time I wrote after reading for years --today is the last. I'll continue checking in to look at the great photos and read worthwhile comments. (Keep in mind, repeating the same complaints over and over doesn't mean you're discussing something.)

Good luck to all. Adieu. And Thank you to the Rolling Stones for all the great music!
Please join us in the threads and share your thoughts with us! If you want to of course. I hardly post much over the years despite being here forever, like many others that were here long before BV reset everything, wow 11 years ago. Time flies by so quickly! Try to enjoy this while we can. Sadly one day it will all be over.
I appreciated your posts and would welcome many more. Even if we don't all see things the same its nice to know how other Stones lovers feel. Hope you feel welcome!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:45

Cristiano Radtke
Witness
Cristiano Radtke
Witness

I understand your point, but when you're posting live comments when the concert is going on and then you see it seems that a lot of people are more interested to whine about the setlists than trying to start some other discussions that could be way more interesting than that, you can't help but feel that way. Me, at least.

Anyway, it's time to let those people who were at the concert last night to post here their impressions and reports. smileys with beer

Alright guys time for a little reality check here. I just went over the posts when the concert was happening. I counted a grand total of THREE posts which could even possibly be counted as setlist complaints or whining. Certain posters here took the opportunity to jump on those rather tame and harmless posts and continued to post multiple complaints about whiners!

The great, great majority of the posts during the show were positive and involved the periscope feeds, the songs being played, etc.

I truly don't know where all this "the party was a bummer due to all the negativity" crap is coming from but I suspect it is more stirred up by the people who continue to jump on anything that can be possibly considered anything but positive. That to me what was changed the vibe of the thread, not the three posts by a couple of people that suggested the setlist could be more diverse.

I'm the only one who mentioned Taylor... said ADTL would have been better with his help. Someone agreed with me. I still think so actually! If you take the time to actually look at the thread development you will see it was generally one guy doing all the whining and it wasn't about the setlist or the Stones....it was about anybody who had a hint of a suggestion or critical comment. Those were few and far between and this whole thing has just been overblown beyond the reality of the situation I though it was necessary bring a little truth to the table.

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:53

Jesse
In the past, someone named Heart of Stone (?) and Dandelion (or something like that)would discuss things in detail. It was great reading.

Jesse, perhaps you were referring to me? If so, thanks so much for the kind words. The other name you mention would I believe be DandelionPowderman, a great and long-time poster here since the beginning.

It can be disheartening to get negative feedback on a board like this, but remember that there are plenty of others who enjoy your posts and want you to stay on, so don't be discouraged. Not all fans can get along, but the ones you discover a like-minded bond with make the IORR experience well worth it.

Kind regards,

Stonehearted

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:53

I can honestly say, while participating live, I didn't feel the negativity myself. Although one problem with written communication is the reader can't always easily pick up the emotional feeling or meaning of how the writer presents it. This can lead to misunderstanding and bad feelings. Or perhaps after so much complaining until now that any small complaint to one can be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back to another. In any event BV has made it clear here and in other threads as well, complain in the appropriate thread for complaints and get off of our cloud in the show threads lol.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 13, 2015 23:55

Hey, morons!!
sundevil
Fricking Awesome Show. You will be dead long before these guys can no longer do it. Great sound, great opener, bitch was awesome. Great rambler, miss you, gimme shelter, satisfaction. Smoked from beginning to end. Still got Milwaukee and Detroit. I m adding Indy and Pittsburgh. Can t go to enough shows like this.

And of course, mick as always, beyond the greatest singer ever.

Try going to a show. And quit telling everyone how you are so much better than that idiot MICK JAGGER!

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:01

Jumping Jack Flash video: [youtu.be]w/ opening video

Date: June 14, 2015 00:08

You Can't Always Get What You Want- video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 14, 2015 00:10

ALL Down the Line - video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 14, 2015 00:11

Moonlight Mile -video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 14, 2015 00:14

She's So Cold - video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:18

Was the show sold out?....Any tickets available outside for a bargain?

Date: June 14, 2015 00:18

She's So Cold - Sound Check Clip - Obviously the band had no idea what song was going to be picked on the internet. HAHA However I am certainly glad they played it.video: [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 19 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home