Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:12

Jesse
tumblingdice
You honestly would prefer just a setlist report that we could read people complain about as opposed to actually being able to hear them play live and talk about the actual show instead of the setlist only? I love this that we can be a part of each show this way.

No, I didn't say I want only a setlist report. Maybe you should reread what I said. It just seems that there's less conversation before and during the show -- most likely because people are listening live or are fiddling with Periscope, I understand that.

Ah I see what you mean now. I think you're right. Do you need help getting periscope to work?

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:16

MikefromATX
I don't mind the warhorses- they are some of the most amazing songs ever written. But, especially given the price of these shows, would simply adding 2 or 3 more songs really be that difficult for them? I try so hard to justify getting to one of these shows, but I can't justify spending the money. Every show I watch the setlist hoping for something that's just not gonna happen. And if they need to stick to 19 songs, at least bring more variety.. And I don't mean rare cute that no one will know. I'm talking Ruby Tuesday, Street Fighting Man, Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Angie, She's A Rainbow... These guys released a greatest hits album in 2002 that was 2 whole discs!

All I would need to get my ass to a show is simply for it to look like this...

Yes I agree I remember woody saying on A Bigger Bang yeah were mixing up like 5 different songs for those people that see multiple shows but I did.nt really count if they were changing 5 songs I think they did sometimes. That is not a huge deal for them to do it would really make this tour pop! If they started doing a 5 spot every show, they would get thunderous applaus from everybody in the biz and the so called hard core fans to the casual fan.
Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
All Down the Line
Tumbling Dice
Saint Of Me
Sway
Sister Morphine
Bitch
Moonlight Mile
She's So Cold (by request)
Out Of Control
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band introductions)
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar
Encore:
You Can't Always Get What You Want
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I added 2 more Sticky Fingers songs (What this tour is supposed to be promoting), switched out the way overdone D&G for Saint Of Me, and added Out Of Control.

I'm sorry to complain, but this is the only place I have to talk about this band I love, and this is how im feeling.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:19

Arghhh, this was a maybe show for me. Wished I would have gone.

Curious to know people's opinions on The Temperance Movement. How were they tonight?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:22

Cristiano Radtke
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's very appreciated. smileys with beer

But I must admit it's hard to follow the updates when we have a lot of whining here. We all know that the Stones don't surprises us with their setlists at least since 2013 - I mean, we can maybe have 2, 3 or 4 songs that can amazes us, but that's all. We all know they will play the same 14-16 songs everytime.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody here, but when we have a Stones concert going on we're supposed to have a lot of fun, even for those who stay at their homes. I know a lot of people who were at every concert this year and I feel happy for them, and happy for being able to be following the concert at my own home (by the Twitter and Instagram pics and the Periscope feeds). I do have a lot of fun myself these times, and that's only because of this I keep on posting here all the info I can find.

You are speaking for me. The whiners who feel obligated to show up and post the exact same whines during every live show, while the show is going on, are a drag. Tonight they were worse than usual. It seems odd that one second some of these people are doing nothing but whining and bitching and then they claim how much they love the band, then they say BUT and start whining again.

Of course it is their right to whine, but they should not expect people to be posting actual good content like songs played or good periscope links as the whiners add nothing but whines, "boo hoo, where is Mick Taylor" "Boo hoo why is Kieth wearing that color jacket" "Boohoo how come they dont play this song or that song" "its all downhill in the set list from here" Boohoo BOOOHOO BOOHOOBOOHOO"

I love hearing The Stones play live night after night, because if one would listen, one could hear it. IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!! It may be called the same name, it may have that name written on the paper, but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime, the weather and crowd affect things, Mick's mood affects things and the different funny things he says. It is always different and exciting. I am also very aware of how rare and fleeting these moments are and someday they wont be at all.

Why the hell people can not just enjoy the show without over analayzing every freeking note is beyond me. IT IS NOT A LECTURE.

I have had fun and did my part to add content (not just a stupid opinion) in all of the threads up until tonight. I started off tonight but then it got too stupid, so I said fk it, I am out. I can have almost as much fun listening to the show away from here and I did.

I am aware this post will not change a thing as the whiners will defend their right to whine until The Stones are no more, then they will whine about that. So many negative nancies here.

I expect that in next show thread again the same whiners will again show up again and whine again the same whine again because mick taylor is not there again, or the name of the song is the same again, or etc etc and I imagine at some point that may be all there is i nthese threads, just whiners, who if anyone notices do not post much actual content, all they do is whine their opinions. That is not content. Then the whiners whine "why is no one posting the songs being played or descriptions of what is going on or periscope links". Maybe the people who do that left the thread because there were too many whiners.

tl/dr I agree with you 110% Cristiano.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:26

relms
Cristiano Radtke

But I must admit it's hard to follow the updates when we have a lot of whining here. We all know that the Stones don't surprises us with their setlists at least since 2013 - I mean, we can maybe have 2, 3 or 4 songs that can amazes us, but that's all. We all know they will play the same 14-16 songs everytime.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody here, but when we have a Stones concert going on we're supposed to have a lot of fun, even for those who stay at their homes. I know a lot of people who were at every concert this year and I feel happy for them, and happy for being able to be following the concert at my own home (by the Twitter and Instagram pics and the Periscope feeds). I do have a lot of fun myself these times, and that's only because of this I keep on posting here all the info I can find.

You are speaking for me. The whiners who feel obligated to show up and post the exact same whines during every live show, while the show is going on, are a drag. Tonight they were worse than usual. It seems odd that one second some of these people are doing nothing but whining and bitching and then they claim how much they love the band, then they say BUT and start whining again.

Of course it is their right to whine, but they should not expect people to be posting actual good content like songs played or good periscope links as the whiners add nothing but whines, "boo hoo, where is Mick Taylor" "Boo hoo why is Kieth wearing that color jacket" "Boohoo how come they dont play this song or that song" "its all downhill in the set list from here" Boohoo BOOOHOO BOOHOOBOOHOO"

I love hearing The Stones play live night after night, because if one would listen, one could hear it. IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!! It may be called the same name, it may have that name written on the paper, but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime, the weather and crowd affect things, Mick's mood affects things and the different funny things he says. It is always different and exciting. I am also very aware of how rare and fleeting these moments are and someday they wont be at all.

Why the hell people can not just enjoy the show without over analayzing every freeking note is beyond me. IT IS NOT A LECTURE.

I have had fun and did my part to add content (not just a stupid opinion) in all of the threads up until tonight. I started off tonight but then it got too stupid, so I said fk it, I am out. I can have almost as much fun listening to the show away from here and I did.

I am aware this post will not change a thing as the whiners will defend their right to whine until The Stones are no more, then they will whine about that. So many negative nancies here.

I expect that in next show thread again the same whiners will again show up again and whine again the same whine again because mick taylor is not there again, or the name of the song is the same again, or etc etc and I imagine at some point that may be all there is i nthese threads, just whiners, who if anyone notices do not post much actual content, all they do is whine their opinions. That is not content. Then the whiners whine "why is no one posting the songs being played or descriptions of what is going on or periscope links". Maybe the people who do that left the thread because there were too many whiners.

Well said.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:30

Turner68
Jesse
tumblingdice
You honestly would prefer just a setlist report that we could read people complain about as opposed to actually being able to hear them play live and talk about the actual show instead of the setlist only? I love this that we can be a part of each show this way.

No, I didn't say I want only a setlist report. Maybe you should reread what I said. It just seems that there's less conversation before and during the show -- most likely because people are listening live or are fiddling with Periscope, I understand that.

Ah I see what you mean now. I think you're right. Do you need help getting periscope to work?

Thanks but someone is "supposedly" helping me with it. If after the next show, I still can't get it, I'll give a yell. smiling smiley

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:40

MikefromATX
I don't mind the warhorses- they are some of the most amazing songs ever written. But, especially given the price of these shows, would simply adding 2 or 3 more songs really be that difficult for them? I try so hard to justify getting to one of these shows, but I can't justify spending the money. Every show I watch the setlist hoping for something that's just not gonna happen. And if they need to stick to 19 songs, at least bring more variety.. And I don't mean rare cute that no one will know. I'm talking Ruby Tuesday, Street Fighting Man, Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Angie, She's A Rainbow... These guys released a greatest hits album in 2002 that was 2 whole discs!

All I would need to get my ass to a show is simply for it to look like this...

Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
All Down the Line
Tumbling Dice
Saint Of Me
Sway
Sister Morphine
Bitch
Moonlight Mile
She's So Cold (by request)
Out Of Control
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band introductions)
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar
Encore:
You Can't Always Get What You Want
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I added 2 more Sticky Fingers songs (What this tour is supposed to be promoting), switched out the way overdone D&G for Saint Of Me, and added Out Of Control.

I'm sorry to complain, but this is the only place I have to talk about this band I love, and this is how im feeling.

IAWMike. I would enjoy that setlist. You Gotta Move has to rotate with one of the Sticky Finger songs.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:40

I just got back to my hotel room. Temperance Movement was actually pretty good. I look forward to listening to their set again.

Great night, the setlist was good (not as good as Hotlanta), Ronnie was ON FIRE and obviously having a blast. Hate to say it, but WTF was wrong with Keef? He botched the opening riffs for JJF & GS (a couple others, too). Still, a Keef in riffed tatters is worth the price of admission.

Mick seemed to be having fun. He said he had breakfast with Goofy and that Cinderella left her panties in his room.

Pictures and more when I get home in a few days.

BTW, I spotted the datflys up close to the stage. For those who don't know what that means, datfly has a long history of shooting or taping partial or complete concerts in outstanding quality. Check his youtube channel in a few days.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:42

It's a shame these live updates threads use to be fun. Now they're a drag.

Anymore Twitter and Periscope are all you need to follow at home and have a good time.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:43

relms
Cristiano Radtke

Indeed, and I think tonight we had more whiners than we usually have during the concerts perhaps on this whole year (I can't tell about the LA and San Diego concerts because I wasn't able to follow the updates here), but tonight there were times that I felt really upset about this.

On a bad comparison, you don't tell jokes on a funeral trying to cheer up the friends and relatives of the deceased. On the same way, when everybody is trying to have some fun here, you don't need to be negative all the time. Just saying.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:51

Cristiano Radtke
relms
Cristiano Radtke

Indeed, and I think tonight we had more whiners than we usually have during the concerts perhaps on this whole year (I can't tell about the LA and San Diego concerts because I wasn't able to follow the updates here), but tonight there were times that I felt really upset about this.

On a bad comparison, you don't tell jokes on a funeral trying to cheer up the friends and relatives of the deceased. On the same way, when everybody is trying to have some fun here, you don't need to be negative all the time. Just saying.

Wow that's more whining than all the whining on all the live show threads combined.

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:53

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
relms
Cristiano Radtke

Wow that's more whining than all the whining on all the live show threads combined.

peace

Now we're whining on the whiners. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 13, 2015 08:53

I'm glad I missed it.

Date: June 13, 2015 08:54

Cristiano Radtke
relms

Tonight was the most party poopers we have had so far. Sadly I have not been to a show in person this year but happily I have attended all the live threads here and they were all very fun and periscope has made them even more fun.

Thank you again Cristiano for all the effort you put into links and pictures and adding other great content. It is input like that makes these threads fun. smileys with beer

Date: June 13, 2015 08:54

[Sorry, double post.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 08:56 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:56

5stringTele
I'm glad I missed it, because I was at the concert.

She's so cold sounded great on periscope how was it live? Did Keith really mess up some intros?

Date: June 13, 2015 08:57

Great. Yes.

Date: June 13, 2015 08:58

5stringTele
[Sorry, double post.]
That's great! Was it as good as it looked on Periscope? Sounded like the guitars were in good form and loud.

Date: June 13, 2015 09:03

Hey Jesse, I never saw you reply to me, so I hope I didn't upset you. I think we both misunderstood each other but I hope I didn't offend you.

Date: June 13, 2015 09:03

I had an excellent mix where I was , but my seats were right down front. I can't imagine what it sounded like up in the nosebleeds. As others have observed, some of the seats seemed so distant, they may well have been in another Zip Code.

Date: June 13, 2015 09:18

tumbled
Periscope can suck my ass. everyone turns into a @#$%& zombie on here. @#$%& that shit.

What's your problem??

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2015 09:37

CloudCat
relms
CONGRATS TO CHARLOTTE WATTS FOR HER ^ FIRST OFFICIAL STONES LITHO!!!
It looks great!!

yes, it do!

nice work, Charlotte Watts

I thought the shark she did in Oz made it to a litho, no?
In any case, it's nice work and an appealing sense of humour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 10:43 by with sssoul.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 13, 2015 09:41

It seems that many of the people complaining don't actually go to any shows. It's like people who take the bus and criticize the Porsche. There's a term in English - sour grapes?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 13, 2015 09:45

angee
Still with Gary's feed...guys around him talking too much, may have to
switch back to Pete.

Mick: a real fun time...in Disneyland!

This was a "drunk" crowd as far as I'm concerned. People talked, ate and drank more than they payed attention to the show. But I'm not surprised, having in mind that this was a very hot Friday night in Orlando. People wanted to party. When they played Moonlight Mile, many were heading for the toilet or the hot dog line. If they want to miss that one out, that's fine by me, but some guys a few rows down in front of me were fighting with their bare fists during that song. Ugly scenes. But, having said that, it was an absolutely brilliant version of Moonlight Mile. Beautiful! And they nailed Bitch and She's So Cold. Loud and dirty guitars locked in a very tight groove. Keith's voice was so strong on Before They Make Me Run. I really enjoyed this version. Happy was not bad either. Solid versions of Brown Sugar and Start Me Up. All in all, a good show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 21:40 by The Worst..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 13, 2015 09:55

Looks like a great set list... she's so cold,MM, !!
Hope to read some reviews soon
Jeroen

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 13, 2015 09:57

5stringTele

BTW, I spotted the datflys up close to the stage. For those who don't know what that means, datfly has a long history of shooting or taping partial or complete concerts in outstanding quality. Check his youtube channel in a few days.

This is exciting news for those of us stuck the other side of the ocean - thanks for posting!

Date: June 13, 2015 10:00

with sssoul
CloudCat
relms
CONGRATS TO CHARLOTTE WATTS FOR HER ^ FIRST OFFICIAL STONES LITHO!!!
It looks great!!

yes, it do!

nice work, Charlotte Watts

I thought the shark did in Oz made it to a litho, no?
In any case, it's nice work and an appealing sense of humour

Was the Shark hers too? I didnt know that. I am mainly going off of what she said on her instagram [instagram.com] ""highschoolexileMy first litho/shirt of the #zipcode tour!! Eeeeep!! Can't wait to see it out in the stands! ^o^ #stonesorlando #stoneszip""

I am happy for this young lady, she has been sketching the tongues for a while and she has been going on the road with the band and she has been doing what it takes to stay in the good graces of all (important people) involved and I that is usually easier said than done. So good for Charlotte!! It is not only the cards one is dealt, it is also how one plays them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 10:02 by relms.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2015 10:40

relms

Was the Shark hers too? I didnt know that. I am mainly going off of what she said on her instagram [instagram.com] ""highschoolexileMy first litho/shirt of the #zipcode tour!! Eeeeep!! Can't wait to see it out in the stands! ^o^ #stonesorlando #stoneszip""

Yep - the Shark was her first Litho/Shirt: [www.iorr.org] - and it was her first on the 14-on-Fire Tour. Now the Alligator is her first Litho/Shirt on the ZIP-Code Tour ....

Posted by: Irix ()

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()

~ GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND OF ALL TIME ~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home