Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:50

Yeah stork you are right, it is good to see them playing tonight.

I do agree with Brstonesfan that the guitars get better as the show progresses. Just a bit frustrated with the feeds cutting out really.

Thanks Cristiano, as usual you rock.

peace

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:51

Just for comparison since I was at both 81 shows:

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:52

Thanks to everybody for the updates and great pics smileys with beer

She's So Cold >grinning smiley<

----------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Date: June 13, 2015 06:57

---------------------------------

Posted by: worriedboutyou ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:59

Tumbled it doesn't cost 1,000 doofus. You would probably be happier at a Boy George concert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 07:03 by worriedboutyou.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:06

What are we going to do when it's really over??? This is our life, our passion and joy for over 5 decades...G-d bless "The Rolling Stones".

Posted by: horns2181 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:06

Lucky dip got section 208 row HH went to guest services she gave me f6 row H what an amazing show

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:07

Question: Is a nanker worse or better than a @#$%&? cool smiley

Great hearing the live excerpts.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:08

i guess it's better than a whankar, given the above translation.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:19

Cristiano, your work on submitting all the pictures makes me happy.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:20

Fricking Awesome Show. You will be dead long before these guys can no longer do it. Great sound, great opener, bitch was awesome. Great rambler, miss you, gimme shelter, satisfaction. Smoked from beginning to end. Still got Milwaukee and Detroit. I m adding Indy and Pittsburgh. Can t go to enough shows like this.

And of course, mick as always, beyond the greatest singer ever.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:25

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's very appreciated. smileys with beer

But I must admit it's hard to follow the updates when we have a lot of whining here. We all know that the Stones don't surprises us with their setlists at least since 2013 - I mean, we can maybe have 2, 3 or 4 songs that can amazes us, but that's all. We all know they will play the same 14-16 songs everytime.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody here, but when we have a Stones concert going on we're supposed to have a lot of fun, even for those who stay at their homes. I know a lot of people who were at every concert this year and I feel happy for them, and happy for being able to be following the concert at my own home (by the Twitter and Instagram pics and the Periscope feeds). I do have a lot of fun myself these times, and that's only because of this I keep on posting here all the info I can find.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:28

Cristiano Radtke

But I must admit it's hard to follow the updates when we have a lot of whining here. We all know that the Stones don't surprises us with their setlists at least since 2013 - I mean, we can maybe have 2, 3 or 4 songs that can amazes us, but that's all. We all know they will play the same 14-16 songs everytime.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody here, but when we have a Stones concert going on we're supposed to have a lot of fun, even for those who stay at their homes. I know a lot of people who were at every concert this year and I feel happy for them, and happy for being able to be following the concert at my own home (by the Twitter and Instagram pics and the Periscope feeds). I do have a lot of fun myself these times, and that's only because of this I keep on posting here all the info I can find.

Well put. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:37

Cristiano Radtke

Thank you very much for the effort you put in.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:37

I'm sure Periscope is fantastic for those of you who use it. But for those of us who don't, all we mostly read these days is "no contact" or "it's back again" or "we aren't getting good reception this time" etc.

I love this site but I miss hearing more details about the shows the way it used to be before Periscope. I loved the personal observations. Now I fear mostly all we're reading is stuff about Periscope reception.

Again, I love IORR, and thanks to those who post pics and who DO write about the shows and music and audiences etc.

Sicilian, methinks you always look for something you think "should" be there. I bet your theme song is I CANT GET NO SATISFACTION!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:42

Before periscope there were no reaction to the show because no one was able to watch it. It was just a discussion of the set list as it was tweeted. I don't miss that.

Date: June 13, 2015 07:44

So you miss when we had to wait 30 minutes or so to find out what song was played next? Hoping someone on the board knew someone at the show that could call or message what was played? Yeah.....good times. I much prefer following along live and sometimes getting that great feed with good sound.

Date: June 13, 2015 07:47

I,m almost positive that there were posts from people who were at the show.

Date: June 13, 2015 07:50

You honestly would prefer just a setlist report that we could read people complain about as opposed to actually being able to hear them play live and talk about the actual show instead of the setlist only? I love this that we can be a part of each show this way.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:51

Jesse
I,m almost positive that there were posts from people who were at the show.

Periscope isn't stopping people at the show from posting during the show. No one has this tour. They all post after the show.

Date: June 13, 2015 07:53

tumblingdice
So you miss when we had to wait 30 minutes or so to find out what song was played next? Hoping someone on the board knew someone at the show that could call or message what was played? Yeah.....good times. I much prefer following along live and sometimes getting that great feed with good sound.

No I didn't say that at all. Please don't exaggerate.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:57

Cristiano for president!smileys with beer

Posted by: MikefromATX ()
Date: June 13, 2015 07:58

I don't mind the warhorses- they are some of the most amazing songs ever written. But, especially given the price of these shows, would simply adding 2 or 3 more songs really be that difficult for them? I try so hard to justify getting to one of these shows, but I can't justify spending the money. Every show I watch the setlist hoping for something that's just not gonna happen. And if they need to stick to 19 songs, at least bring more variety.. And I don't mean rare cute that no one will know. I'm talking Ruby Tuesday, Street Fighting Man, Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Angie, She's A Rainbow... These guys released a greatest hits album in 2002 that was 2 whole discs!

All I would need to get my ass to a show is simply for it to look like this...

Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
All Down the Line
Tumbling Dice
Saint Of Me
Sway
Sister Morphine
Bitch
Moonlight Mile
She's So Cold (by request)
Out Of Control
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band introductions)
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar
Encore:
You Can't Always Get What You Want
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I added 2 more Sticky Fingers songs (What this tour is supposed to be promoting), switched out the way overdone D&G for Saint Of Me, and added Out Of Control.

I'm sorry to complain, but this is the only place I have to talk about this band I love, and this is how im feeling.

Date: June 13, 2015 08:01

Jesse
tumblingdice

No I didn't say that at all. Please don't exaggerate.
Sorry, wasn't exaggerating I was remembering how it used to be. We obviously feel differently about it, but to each their own. I'm not trying to sound hostile towards you and I'm sorry if it sounded that way. In closing here just remember that even in the past most posting about the show by people there was done after the show, as no one can take the time to miss the show to post. And people are still posting about it after the shows now. Only difference to me is we get to take part in it now during the show. I hope you get to enjoy it your way and I'm glad you voiced your concerns.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:01

I'm sorry to complain, but this is the only place I have to talk about this band I love, and this is how im feeling.

It's times like these ya need yaself a gin soaked bar-room queeeeeeeeeeeen ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MikefromATX ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:03

Rockman

It's times like these ya need yaself a gin soaked bar-room queeeeeeeeeeeen ..

From your lips to gods ears, my friend grinning smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:03

mighty stork
Cristiano Radtke

Well put. >grinning smiley<

Yeah youre right, I agree it's a good idea to stay as positive as possible when the show is happening, keep it fun for everybody tuning in.

peace

Date: June 13, 2015 08:07

tumblingdice
You honestly would prefer just a setlist report that we could read people complain about as opposed to actually being able to hear them play live and talk about the actual show instead of the setlist only? I love this that we can be a part of each show this way.

No, I didn't say I want only a setlist report. Maybe you should reread what I said. It just seems that there's less conversation before and during the show -- most likely because people are listening live or are fiddling with Periscope, I understand that.

Date: June 13, 2015 08:09

------------------------------------

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:10

rogerriffin
Cristiano for president!smileys with beer

Thanks but no, thanks. We already have Rockman on that position! drinking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home