Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
where's Doxa???
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:19

Anyone seen our friend from Finland? I miss his insightful comments...

Drew

Re: where's Doxa???
Date: June 12, 2015 13:24

I was in touch with him on Facebook ten days ago. He was happy about the Roundhouse-songs then. Haven't seen him posting here after that, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 13:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:24

Maybe he is standing in the shadow with M.Taylorsmiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:40

Can't get a word in ..... HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:42

True, there are friends from the past ....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:42

Maybe he could report his presence here if he reads this? Otherwise these threads are, as you all know, against the forum rules.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 12, 2015 13:56

Stoneage
Maybe he could report his presence here if he reads this? Otherwise these threads are, as you all know, against the forum rules.

How is this against the forum rules?

Date: June 12, 2015 13:59

IORR policy, rule number 2: "Please do NOT discuss other private persons in the public".

Date: June 12, 2015 14:05

I'm not sure that applies to board members so much, since there have been many threads like this one on IORR over the years, pretty much whenever Doxa, Gazza, Rockman or any other superposter has taken an unannounced break.

Date: June 12, 2015 14:07

Maybe so, Stonesburst. I didn't write the rules so I can't decide that.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:08

I last saw him in the IORR bar a while ago. Doxa, please check in mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 14:18 by Silver Dagger.

Stoneburst
I'm not sure that applies to board members so much, since there have been many threads like this one on IORR over the years, pretty much whenever Doxa, Gazza, Rockman or any other superposter has taken an unannounced break.

I'm afraid it does, and those threads will always be closed. It's no big deal, though. You won't get banned grinning smiley

.... I'm breakin' all the time but I thought nobody cared...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 12, 2015 14:10

As long as you don't piss anywhere, Rockee...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:10

Stoneage
Maybe so, Stonesburst. I didn't write the rules so I can't decide that.

And yet you categorically state these posts ARE against the rules. Yet you can't decide if they are... You post for posting sake. Oh, I can't say THAT.

Date: June 12, 2015 14:11

... but I do Dandeeeee.... I really do...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:14

Stoneage
IORR policy, rule number 2: "Please do NOT discuss other private persons in the public".

Whooops! I thought it was "do NOT discuss other persons' privates..."

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 12, 2015 14:14

Here's hoping for a quick comeback of Doxa. I'm very interested in his review of the new SF-material and, later, of the Marquee stuff. And of course because he's not only a treat to read and a superstar poster, but also a very nice and witty guy. So I hope all is okay with him in the first place.

Date: June 12, 2015 14:15

SomeTorontoGirl
Stoneage

Whooops! I thought it was "do NOT discuss other persons' privates..."

...other individuals' personal privates, methinks...

Date: June 12, 2015 14:16

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst

I'm afraid it does, and those threads will always be closed. It's no big deal, though. You won't get banned grinning smiley

Er, that's demonstrably not true: Google the phrase 'where's Doxa' and you'll find several other IORR threads from the past couple of years, none of which have been closed. Also, thanks for confirming that I won't get banned for pointing this out.

Date: June 12, 2015 14:17

kleermaker
Here's hoping for a quick comeback of Doxa. I'm very interested in his review of the new SF-material and, later, of the Marquee stuff. And of course because he's not only a treat to read and a superstar poster, but also a very nice and witty guy. So I hope all is okay with him in the first place.

+1

Maybe we could make some money out of a Where's Doxa? book ...

ROCKMAN

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst

Er, that's demonstrably not true: Google the phrase 'where's Doxa' and you'll find several other IORR threads from the past couple of years, none of which have been closed. Also, thanks for confirming that I won't get banned for pointing this out.

It is. That doesn't mean that Bjørnulf is taking the time to close ALL those threads. Trust me.

In the past, Bitusa, these type of threads have been closed by the moderator. That is what I'm refering to.

Date: June 12, 2015 14:24

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst

It is. That doesn't mean that Bjørnulf is taking the time to close ALL those threads. Trust me.

You said these threads are *always* closed. I pointed out that this isn't true, since plenty of them (on Doxa and several other IORRians) are still open. Why BV would want to rigorously enforce a nonsensical ban on shout-outs to well respected posters here is beyond me.

Date: June 12, 2015 14:27

It's beyond me, too, I'm not advocating for it! But he reminds us about this rule regularly. «Don't discuss individuals».

Maybe they aren't always closed, but it happens frequently that threads like these are deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 14:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 12, 2015 16:13

Where is Gazza?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 12, 2015 16:16

Where's spanish Tony ?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 12, 2015 16:16

When he has something to say, I'm sure Doxa will be back...at least I hope so. smiling smiley

Date: June 12, 2015 16:23

From the horse's mouth: «I'll be back for sure!»

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home