Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Warhorses You Wouldn't Wanna Miss In Concert - Your THREE Picks
Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:18

HTW, JJF and Satisfaction.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:19

Naturalust
It's the "wouldn't want to miss" part that kind of throws me off.

Perhaps asking, "Which three warhorses would be acceptable to keep in the set" would be easier to answer. We know they are not going to give them all up and three instead of eleven seems a great idea one I could get behind with some enthusiasm. smoking smiley

The double negation, that's what I figured. Seems easy to read "Warhorses you wouldn't miss in concert" I see how your suggested question would clear that, but I wanted to avoid any judgmental business. Even just insinuating other Warhorses were "not acceptable". cool smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:20

Tumbling Dice, HTW, JJF

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:42

I could do without ALL of them

Date: June 11, 2015 23:51

TD
JJF
GS

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:53

Nikkei
Naturalust
It's the "wouldn't want to miss" part that kind of throws me off.

Perhaps asking, "Which three warhorses would be acceptable to keep in the set" would be easier to answer. We know they are not going to give them all up and three instead of eleven seems a great idea one I could get behind with some enthusiasm. smoking smiley

The double negation, that's what I figured. Seems easy to read "Warhorses you wouldn't miss in concert" I see how your suggested question would clear that, but I wanted to avoid any judgmental business. Even just insinuating other Warhorses were "not acceptable". cool smiley

Fair enough but your question already requires people to pick only three therefore strongly insinuating the other eight are ones they would want to miss or at least wouldn't mind missing them.

Perhaps just "What are your three favorite warhorses in the current Stones shows?" would be easier to answer. Even people who want them all gone would probably be able to answer that. I'm not suggesting you change the question, just trying to honestly answer your question to me.

peace

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: June 11, 2015 23:57

JJF
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction

MEZ

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:08

Naturalust
BluzDude
BluzDude
Miss You
Start Me Up

It's Only Rock n Roll (which I'm OK with but it ask for 3)

oops, I thought I would want to miss.....my bad

geez, I was about to wonder about you dude, glad you cleared that up! I couldn't agree more.

There isn't a song on the list I couldn't do without actually. Picking 3 is impossible the way you have worded the question. Only YCAGWYW holds a bit of inherent excitement for me but I still miss the sweet acoustic guitar on the recorded release.

Don't get me wrong, a Stones show is still great even with all those others but a show without them would be fantastic and a real treat for me assuming they played some decent alternatives.

peace

drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley I guess I had a few too many of these!smileys with beer

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:25

Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:35

Only two for me: Brown Sugar & JJF.
If I had to pick a third, it would be either IORR (if they would do it closer to the album version -like Mick did on SNL w/ Foo Fighters) or Sympathy, if they lost the backing track and other bullsh*t and played it live like they did in the 70's -and don't drop the Kennedy's lyric as Mick has been known to do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 00:40 by HomerSimpson.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:38

BS
GS
JJF

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:59

I would say
JJF
BS
TD
But I feel 3 is too few. It was hard to leave off SMU and Satisfaction. Knowing if I were at my first show and didn't get these I would feel disappointed.

Date: June 12, 2015 01:05

Obviously those songs are all so great they deserve to be played. That's why we really need to narrow it down if we try to rank their popularity. Thanks for participating!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:09

Start Me Up (Should be always an opener!)
Miss You
Brown Sugar

Posted by: Mikael ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:12

Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar

Date: June 12, 2015 01:19

Nikkei
Obviously those songs are all so great they deserve to be played. That's why we really need to narrow it down if we try to rank their popularity. Thanks for participating!

Yeah but even the greatest songs can be played in a way that makes me not what to hear them. Gimme Shelter is a perfect example. It's not that I don't want to hear it because it's not a great song or I've heard them play it too many times, it's Lisa's screaming over Mick's vocal and then further ruining the tune by screaming her own stuff on it. Great song, bad execution, imo.

Some people may not want to hear songs like Sway or CYHMK without Taylor playing them. Again nothing to do with the quality of the song.. just sayin...smoking smiley

I am a bit curious why you want to rank their popularity? It's not like we aren't going to see them all played every time. The only true benefit I can see from this exercise it to figure out which ones aren't popular so they might be eliminated....which is a damn good idea. grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:25

I can only name one: Start Me Up.

Date: June 12, 2015 01:26

Naturalust
I am a bit curious why you want to rank their popularity? It's not like we aren't going to see them all played every time. The only true benefit I can see from this exercise it to figure out which ones aren't popular so they might be eliminated....which is a damn good idea. grinning smiley

In the end I will mail the combined results of all three threads to JumpinJeppeFlash as the setlist for the IORR private gig. Hope it goes all the way up to Chuck. smoking smiley

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:43

JJF
BS
YCAGWYW (w/ choir)
Honky (if no choir)

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:00

Satisfaction
Tumbling Dice
Jumpin Jack Flash

(and Honky Tonk Women)
(plus also, some of the other ones listed, I gotta say)

(I'm just happy when I'm at a Stones show!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 02:10 by CloudCat.

Date: June 12, 2015 02:02

Nikkei
Naturalust

In the end I will mail the combined results of all three threads to JumpinJeppeFlash as the setlist for the IORR private gig. Hope it goes all the way up to Chuck. smoking smiley

Ha! So not only do you want a private IORR gig but you want us to tell the Stones what to play as well? Sounds like a wonderful idea. winking smiley

Although I'm pretty sure even the host of the Belly Up gig only got to pick one song. Judging from your other thread I think it is probably going to be Let it Loose for us!

peace

Date: June 12, 2015 02:10

Lots of delusional ideas come up around here, all good fun but usually not crowdsourced.
If anything, I want to give the Stones PR some food for thought. Surely Let It Loose will show on their radar.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:26

MY
YCAGWAYw

Where is in the hell is Monkey Man- Orlando.... wanna bet?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:30

Mick ...Keith ....Charlie ....Ronnie

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:37

mjmjr
JJF
BS
YCAGWYW (w/ choir)
Honky (if no choir)

I don't know... I could go for a choral version of HTW. grinning smiley

Oh, and
GS
JJF
SFM

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:51

Miss You, Star Me Up and honky

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:57

Miss You
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice

Easy as @#$%& pie. The third one was a little more debatable. It could have been Satisfaction or IORR. And as much as I wanted to put Start Me Up, it is still kind of fun live.

Honestly, I'm shocked so many are saying Brown Sugar and JJF. To me, those are too big to put away, as opposed to the ones I listed which I feel were never as necessary as they always thought, thus they wouldn't be missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 03:00 by RollingFreak.

Re: Warhorses You Don't Wanna Miss In Concert - Your THREE Picks
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:13

A Stones show without JJF, BS and GS is unthinkable to me.

Re: Warhorses You Don't Wanna Miss In Concert - Your THREE Picks
Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:22

Gimmie Shelter
Midnight Rambler
Jumping Jack Flash

Date: June 12, 2015 03:23

RollingFreak
Miss You
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice

Easy as @#$%& pie. The third one was a little more debatable. It could have been Satisfaction or IORR. And as much as I wanted to put Start Me Up, it is still kind of fun live.

Honestly, I'm shocked so many are saying Brown Sugar and JJF. To me, those are too big to put away, as opposed to the ones I listed which I feel were never as necessary as they always thought, thus they wouldn't be missed.

You got it the wrong way round. I changed the thread title now in an effort to make it more clear

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home