Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Bobby Keys tribute by Suffering Bastards, Nashville June 16
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:18

crawdaddy
Chark Kinsolving has got to be an anagram of something. Can't be a name. Or maybe it can. smoking smiley

hey that's the dude's name.

speaking as one without a conventional name myself, its a name like any other..

cool smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:23

crawdaddy
Chark Kinsolving has got to be an anagram of something. Can't be a name. Or maybe it can. smoking smiley

Southerners often have colorful names. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it is his given name.

Date: June 17, 2015 21:24

duke richardson
latebloomer
To those who were there last night, who was the guitar player with the long blond hair, stage right? I recorded a little of him to send to my guitar playing son.

that's Chark Kinsolving, latebloomer

and thanks for your video! I wasn't there but that's who that is, the other guitarist, on the telecaster, is Dan Baird. or maybe that was his old Esquire..

Thanks, Duke. smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:31

Naturalust

How was the sound? Loud? Well mixed? I saw some pretty big guitar amps in that small place and with each one being mic'ed it can get pretty guitar heavy unless the mixer pulls down the guitars a bit in the PA. bloomer's video sounded great!

Also, how many people do you estimate were in the audience? Thanks.

peace

The sound was great where I was, except the vocal mics which weren't loud enough at first. By the time Bernard sang, they'd been adjusted.

Hard to tell the number of people when you're a very small person right on one side of the room, but I'd say maybe 150?

Date: June 17, 2015 21:39

Aquamarine
Naturalust

How was the sound? Loud? Well mixed? I saw some pretty big guitar amps in that small place and with each one being mic'ed it can get pretty guitar heavy unless the mixer pulls down the guitars a bit in the PA. bloomer's video sounded great!

Also, how many people do you estimate were in the audience? Thanks.

peace

The sound was great where I was, except the vocal mics which weren't loud enough at first. By the time Bernard sang, they'd been adjusted.

Hard to tell the number of people when you're a very small person right on one side of the room, but I'd say maybe 150?

Aqua, your small stature adds to your lovely distinctiveness. I had no trouble finding you in the crowd. smiling smiley
Yes, I'd say about 150 people is right, but it was hard for me to tell as it was, of course, packed up front.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:53

Don't get me wrong about Chark. Not taking the piss or anything. I did say 'or maybe it can ' and just proves my ignorance of worldwide names.

It's not the name that counts ,but the person who owns it. thumbs up

Re: STONES MAY BE TAKING THE STAGE SHORTLY
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 17, 2015 23:11

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
DREAMTIME
Well they all showed up but only Chuck, Bernard & Tim performed. But I was really disappointed that only 7 people were watching my periscope?????

I followed you as soon as you posted info on twitter.. couldn't figure out how to tell if you were scoping.. A couple of us kept searching periscope for any footage and found the same sources... what did I (we) miss???
Would like to see your scoping in the future..

Yes, I did that too but I can't figure out what went wrong. We could only found one guy last night who was periscoping, and if we had find your feed that would be highly appreciated, since the feed we've found lasted only about a minute.

I was following and everything worked great. I got notifications when you scoped and I watched. You had a great location!

Good to know...
Assuming you were on this thread to get the initial notice and twitter name, I would have immediately posted the link here and was hoping for others to do the same...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 17, 2015 23:12

crawdaddy
Don't get me wrong about Chark. Not taking the piss or anything. I did say 'or maybe it can ' and just proves my ignorance of worldwide names.

It's not the name that counts ,but the person who owns it. thumbs up

They used to call me Heyyoo until I changed my name to Absolutely Brilliant...Abe for short

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 18, 2015 01:34

Naturalust
bengigan
To me the blues at the beginning sounded like ventilator blues with Pierre chanting 'BOBBY KEYS' every few bars.

Darrly was playing right in front of me and his guitar was good. The suffering bastards guitarists are really good. On loving cup they play the riffs true to the record

Thanks bengigan. Was Pierre seriously chanting Bobby Keys every few bars? That sounds pretty strange. Perhaps he was just trying to steer everyone into a mourning state to induce some authentic blues playing.

I get the feeling Bobby was good friends with the techs and crew.

What was the highlight of the show? I imagine they probably played some Stones songs better than the Stones do these days. Were the vocals good?

peace

He really was chanting bobby's name every few bars. It was like that was the lyric to the song. My highlight was probably loving cup.

Tim made a statement that he will never be as good as Bobby so he plays bobby's songs with a unique twist to it. I find this so true. Go on YouTube and watch Tims solo of sweet Virginia in Sydney. Soo good but a little more jazzy. It was the same last night.

-Ben

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:35

Here's a short clip of Loving Cup:

[www.youtube.com]

There's a lot of short clips on this user's account: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 15:38 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:59

Cristiano Radtke
With many thanks to Beast, who was one of the IORR ladies who was at the concert tonight and has kindly sent me this pic, here's the setlist:

This is actually very close to the setlist I saw Bobby and the Bastards play in Detroit three years ago. We didn't get "Loving Cup," but we did get a couple of songs by dead ex-Beatles whose records Bobby had played on; "Whatever Gets You Through The Night" and "What Is Life." He also played "Delta Lady" and "Bootleg," which is a track on his 1972 solo album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 16:02 by tatters.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:07

Why Ventilator Blues would be a very apt piece to jam for Bobby:

"We always rehearse Ventilator Blues. ... It's a fabulous number, but a bit of a tricky one.
Bobby Keys wrote the rhythm part, which is the clever part of the song. Bobby said, Why don't you do this?
and I said, I can't play that, so Bobby stood next to clapping the thing and I just followed his timing.
In the world of Take Five, it's nothing, but it threw me completely and Bobby just stood there and clapped
while we were doing the track - and we've never quite got it together as well as that."
- Charlie Watts, 2003

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:24

These vids of this show are great. Thanks for the posts. The music is good and close to the bone of the original Stones recordings but the vocals are generally not. Mick is hard to replicate and one of a kind. Him harmonizing with himself or Keith is a huge part of Stones music for me. I've heard plenty of bands nail the music but rarely have I heard anybody nail or improve on the vocals.

peace

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:38

Thanks you iorrers for really great reporting, pics and videos.

Wow! I can feel the energy.

And yes respectful of the band members, but would have been great for them to get up and jam too.

Doesn't Ronnie's guitar tech also play with Tim in the RS project?

Thanks again.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2015 17:11

Thanks for the YT links, is there one with Pierre playing? I'm somewhat intrigued at how he plays, especially after reading repeatedly here that he probably overdubs some of Keith's guitar parts on some live albums...

Was wondering about Darryl's guitar playing too after seeing a picture of him with an SG but that video [www.youtube.com] isn't terribly impressive...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 27, 2015 17:39

A couple of days ago I got an e-mail, from The Mercy, thanking me for attending the BK tribute show "w/special guests"

I thought it was cool. I don't know how to post or give a link. I will make a copy of it and take it to Raleigh. I can give it to some IORRer and ask them to post it.

That is if anyone is interested.

I'm Free to do what I want. Stripped '94

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2015 17:46

I got that e-mail too. I'm afraid the cynic in me viewed it as more of a marketing ploy than anything else:

Welcome to the Mercy Lounge Family!

Thanks for Attending
A TRIBUTE TO BOBBY KEYS by the Suffering Bastards w/ very special guests
SARA,

What a show! We hope you had an amazing time at A TRIBUTE TO BOBBY KEYS by the Suffering Bastards w/ very special guests. As a ticket buyer, we want to give you the opportunity to join the Mercy Lounge family. Our members receive exclusive ticket offers, breaking event news, awesome giveaways and more. If you are already a member, we hope to see you again soon!

Date: June 27, 2015 18:12

Yes, I got the same one, and you're right Beast, it's a marketing ploy. But that's okay, it brought back the show to me. It was an amazing night, still on cloud nine when I think about it. I only wish my pictures had turned out better,, thankfully I have yours, Beast, and BV's to look at. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 18:13 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 27, 2015 18:54

show us if you can I don't know how.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home