Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: STONES MAY BE TAKING THE STAGE SHORTLY
Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 16:54

His info can be, um, spotty

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 17, 2015 17:43

MisterDDDD
DREAMTIME
Well they all showed up but only Chuck, Bernard & Tim performed. But I was really disappointed that only 7 people were watching my periscope?????

I followed you as soon as you posted info on twitter.. couldn't figure out how to tell if you were scoping.. A couple of us kept searching periscope for any footage and found the same sources... what did I (we) miss???
Would like to see your scoping in the future..

Yes, I did that too but I can't figure out what went wrong. We could only found one guy last night who was periscoping, and if we had find your feed that would be highly appreciated, since the feed we've found lasted only about a minute.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 17:45

Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
DREAMTIME
Well they all showed up but only Chuck, Bernard & Tim performed. But I was really disappointed that only 7 people were watching my periscope?????

I followed you as soon as you posted info on twitter.. couldn't figure out how to tell if you were scoping.. A couple of us kept searching periscope for any footage and found the same sources... what did I (we) miss???
Would like to see your scoping in the future..

Yes, I did that too but I can't figure out what went wrong. We could only found one guy last night who was periscoping, and if we had find your feed that would be highly appreciated, since the feed we've found lasted only about a minute.

I was following and everything worked great. I got notifications when you scoped and I watched. You had a great location!

Re: Bobby Keys tribute by Suffering Bastards, Nashville June 16
Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 17, 2015 17:56

OMG, wow, and congrats to all IORR's there! grinning smiley

What a great tribute show to Bobby!!! Good set list and cast of musicians.

And as you said crawdaddy, how often do the four show up to watch an event like this and stand together
in the same area, no less? Nice start to the Nashville events, alrighty.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:05

Nice to see the backline techs getting some stage time. Thanks for the detailed report Bjornulf. That short set list makes more sense now.

Curious if the blues played at the beginning were actually known songs with vocals, etc, or just instrumental jams? How did Darryl sound on guitar?

Nice touch with Bobby's lone sax on stage.

peace

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:15

Naturalust
Nice to see the backline techs getting some stage time. Thanks for the detailed report Bjornulf. That short set list makes more sense now.

Curious if the blues played at the beginning were actually known songs with vocals, etc, or just instrumental jams? How did Darryl sound on guitar?

Nice touch with Bobby's lone sax on stage.

peace

To me the blues at the beginning sounded like ventilator blues with Pierre chanting 'BOBBY KEYS' every few bars.

Darrly was playing right in front of me and his guitar was good. The suffering bastards guitarists are really good. On loving cup they play the riffs true to the record

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:20

Just to follow up on whether Lisa was there--she came in through the same door as us, as opposed to the door that led to the VIP section, so I had to help her climb over the rope into the section where she rightfully belonged!

Date: June 17, 2015 18:57

bengigan
To me the blues at the beginning sounded like ventilator blues with Pierre chanting 'BOBBY KEYS' every few bars.

Darrly was playing right in front of me and his guitar was good. The suffering bastards guitarists are really good. On loving cup they play the riffs true to the record

Thanks bengigan. Was Pierre seriously chanting Bobby Keys every few bars? That sounds pretty strange. Perhaps he was just trying to steer everyone into a mourning state to induce some authentic blues playing.

I get the feeling Bobby was good friends with the techs and crew.

What was the highlight of the show? I imagine they probably played some Stones songs better than the Stones do these days. Were the vocals good?

peace

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:57

Aquamarine
Just to follow up on whether Lisa was there--she came in through the same door as us, as opposed to the door that led to the VIP section, so I had to help her climb over the rope into the section where she rightfully belonged!

That is why I never saw her... I think all the others came through something that looked like fire stairs on a side door. One by one. Charlie and Mick even went out there to get fresh air, it was VERY hot after a while. When Keith left, from the backstage area to the side door, during the amazing version of Can't You Hear Me Knocking, wearing his signature off stage hat, he stopped for a brief moment, waved at us and I knew he was going. It was a great evening.

Bjornulf

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:59

i picture them walking in a and climbing over tables like they did at the Checkerboard Lounge in '81!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:00

Well done Aquamarine for getting into the show, and also helping our girl Lisa get over the rope. I'm sure she appreciated it. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:26

twelve minutes of Soul Serenade, from 2012...

Date: June 17, 2015 19:36

Reason 527 to love Keith: while the opener was playing, he was shushing his party to get them to pay attention to the band. Show respect, you get respect.thumbs up cool smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:38

Very cool Aqua! I can just picture it, I bet Lisa gave you a big smile and thank you.

Yes, as BV said, it was incredibly hot in there, both on stage and off. I wanted to leave and get some water a few times, but I was afraid I would never get back to my spot. I'm so impressed with the pics that Beast and BV took. Me, I'm hopeless when it comes to taking photos during concerts. I'm way to excited to stand still enough and I never get the focus right. I did try to periscope, not sure why the settings were such that no one could see. I'll work on it later if I have time and try again tonight.
I did manage to record Brown Sugar, though I missed the beginning. I turned the camera for about a minute, not sure why...please be kind. smiling smiley Anyhow, here it is, for your enjoyment. I think it at least gives the flavor of the evening. Sorry, but I can't figure out why I can't paste it here without the link.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 19:47 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:43

Thanks a lot, latebloomer! thumbs up

Date: June 17, 2015 19:49

Excellent bloomer! Best post of the thread so far. Nice work. Karl Denson is super hot on that horn, exciting stuff.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 19:51

Aquamarine
Reason 527 to love Keith: while the opener was playing, he was shushing his party to get them to pay attention to the band. Show respect, you get respect.thumbs up cool smiley

And you were paying attention to Keith instead of the band? winking smiley

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 20:14

To those who were there last night, who was the guitar player with the long blond hair, stage right? I recorded a little of him to send to my guitar playing son.

Date: June 17, 2015 20:19

Hope you don't mind me posting your great video like this latebloomer

Fantastic video with great audio. Really can feel the atmosphere. smileys with beer

Date: June 17, 2015 20:21

Naturalust
Aquamarine

peace

I was dancing to the band while watching Keith (and not talking over them). winking smiley

Many thanks to all for videos and pics. Most bands I see these days, you're in big trouble or get thrown out for taking pictures etc. and so I guess it's been trained out of me, I never even thought to get my phone out. Sorry I can't contribute more sad smiley

Posted by: keef94 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:27

Aquamarine
Naturalust
Aquamarine

peace

I was dancing to the band while watching Keith (and not talking over them). winking smiley

Many thanks to all for videos and pics. Most bands I see these days, you're in big trouble or get thrown out for taking pictures etc. and so I guess it's been trained out of me, I never even thought to get my phone out. Sorry I can't contribute more sad smiley

It's kinda cool to just enjoy the moment and not take crappy cell phone pictures anyhow. I can see taking one or two, to capture the memory from your own perspective, but holding the stupid thing up for the whole show, and having a sea of damn phones in front of me? UGH. I hope that doesn't happen tonight.

Date: June 17, 2015 20:31

I'm a lazy git when it comes to taking pics and videos at gigs. Only have a very, very old mobile phone with no camera ,and usually leave my small tablet thingy at home.
Usually someone either with me or on IORR or other music sites has posted good video or audio stuff.

Some fans love doing it, which is great for the rest of us. winking smiley

Date: June 17, 2015 20:39

I love watching and hearing Karl Denson play. In all the videos I've seen of him playing with The Stones he is obviously really enjoying himself.

I think they have definitely got the best man for the job and a worthy musician to fill the shoes of the great, late Bobby Keys. thumbs up

Date: June 17, 2015 20:52

crawdaddy

Fantastic video with great audio. Really can feel the atmosphere. smileys with beer

[youtube.com]

My pleasure crawdaddy, share away. smiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2015 20:52

keef94
Aquamarine
Naturalust
Aquamarine

peace

It's kinda cool to just enjoy the moment and not take crappy cell phone pictures anyhow. I can see taking one or two, to capture the memory from your own perspective, but holding the stupid thing up for the whole show, and having a sea of damn phones in front of me? UGH. I hope that doesn't happen tonight.

Yeah, there's a lot to be said for both sides. I'd much rather be in the moment, but at the same time I appreciate the pics other people took of that moment, as long as their camera wasn't in front of my face!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:55

latebloomer
To those who were there last night, who was the guitar player with the long blond hair, stage right? I recorded a little of him to send to my guitar playing son.

that's Chark Kinsolving, latebloomer

and thanks for your video! I wasn't there but that's who that is, the other guitarist, on the telecaster, is Dan Baird. or maybe that was his old Esquire..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:07

latebloomer
crawdaddy

[youtube.com]

My pleasure crawdaddy, share away. smiling smiley

Wow, thanks so much latebloomer! Super-fun alternating solos by Tim and Karl, good singing by Bernard and cohort.
HTW sounds so fresh here.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 21:10

Chark is the most interesting name I've heard in a while

Date: June 17, 2015 21:12

Aquamarine
Naturalust
Aquamarine

peace

No wonder it got so hot in there. I was just being a smartass of course and actually appreciated your noticing Keith performing such a gesture of respect to the musicians on stage. Hope it wasn't Patti he was shushing though, that might not end well. smoking smiley

How was the sound? Loud? Well mixed? I saw some pretty big guitar amps in that small place and with each one being mic'ed it can get pretty guitar heavy unless the mixer pulls down the guitars a bit in the PA. bloomer's video sounded great!

Also, how many people do you estimate were in the audience? Thanks.

peace

Date: June 17, 2015 21:15

Chark Kinsolving has got to be an anagram of something. Can't be a name. Or maybe it can. smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2188
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home