Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stub Hub purchasing, an advantage to calling
Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 02:46

For shows like Milwaukee and field seats in stadiums, the seat numbers can be important and Stub Hub listings normally don't list the seat numbers. I was looking at single tickets for Milwaukee and called Stub Hub and the sales lady was able to give me the seat location for two of the three tickets I was considering, and I was able to get a better seat with that information.

Re: Stub Hub purchasing, an advantage to calling
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 10, 2015 03:32

It's up to seller to list seat numbers. If they don't, it usually means they're not the good numbers...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 10, 2015 10:30

Stubhub is good that way. Another way is to click the "buy" button; on the following page it will list seat numbers if the seller has provided them. However, even if seat numbers are listed, I think calling still helps if you are buying less than all of a seller's seats.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 10, 2015 10:35

I've never seen Stubhub give an option to list seat numbers. confused smiley I've sold tickets there occasionally, when desperate, and would have been happy to list the number if there had been someplace to enter it. (The tickets I've listed there have always been instant downloads, so Stubhub had the seat numbers--maybe they posted the seat numbers automatically for buyers?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 10:38 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:18

I've always thought the practice of excluding the seat numbers was a security measure. Done to prevent people from making duplicates? IDK...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:38

Sinkiller
I've always thought the practice of excluding the seat numbers was a security measure. Done to prevent people from making duplicates? IDK...

Can't quite see the connection there. Other sellers list seat numbers and primary sellers always do. How would seat numbers from StubHub be any more vulnerable to someone making duplicates?

peace

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:42

I've used it a few times.
You can see the seat numbers, almost always.
Just click the "GO" button and it usually gives you all the details.

10% OFF all tickets this June...
Another roadtrip???

Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:33

Naturalust
Sinkiller

Can't quite see the connection there. Other sellers list seat numbers and primary sellers always do. How would seat numbers from StubHub be any more vulnerable to someone making duplicates?

peace

OH, I have no idea about it... just going off friends talking about it in years past. I never bothered to question it. Just assumed someone might adjust their "less than stellar" tickets row / seat number to show what they see unsold on stub hub ( or wherever ) and using their original bar code, then go and sit in better seats. Thinking the person scanning the ticket never checks and the person guarding the elite section can't scan it, so it would be easy to do.

Again.. this is just me theorizing out loud... I have no clue if that would work or not, nor if it would be possible. I just always assumed that was the case for not showing seat numbers until the ticket is purchased.

I'll concede it's far fetched and born out of absolutely no research whatsoever.

smiling smiley

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:59

Listing seat numbers gives a paper trail who the source of tickets came from. Follow the money and think this over several times and you'll eventually realize what in some cases is going on.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:12

To be honest, I think everybody knows what in some cases is going on, including Stubhub, who are totally complicit in it. Ditto Ticketmaster, etc.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:19

I was thinking about purchasing a ticket for an upcoming show from Stub Hub, but some folks that did that for Atlanta didn't get in because their tickets were no good. I can't risk bad tickets after paying for airfare, hotel, etc. Is Stub Hub a safe place to buy tickets?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 11, 2015 08:20

STUBHUB sells the lowest seat number first.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 11, 2015 12:55

DREAMTIME
STUBHUB sells the lowest seat number first.

That makes sense. So if there are 4 seats listed, say 1, 2, 3, 4, depending on how the seat numbers run, you might want #4. Maybe they can give it to you if you call.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home