Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tour Of The Americas 1975
Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:35

This is my favorite Rolling Stones Tour because this was their longest tour and longest setlists. Their concerts at Madison Square Garden, Memphis, Dallas and Buffalo are now legendary. The raw power they had an the drugs they took is all just crazy! Did you see them? How was the sound? The atmosphere and do you have any of the shirts?

Re: Tour Of The Americas 1975
Date: June 9, 2015 22:00

I saw them in Toronto at the Maple Leaf Gardens. They played two nights there. We saw them on the second night. But during the first show we were able to wander inside the main area of the Gardens and we could hear them playing the last couple of songs. They were so close and yet so far away. The next night was perfect. Chaka Khan came on first and I recall her wig falling off at one point. She just put it back on and kept singing. Keith was so cool back then. He wasn't smiling nor playing to the crowds. He was just making great music. They seemed more dangerous back then. It was a great night.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:04

Don't forget the poster.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:12

Lots of pictures here: [www.iorr.org] thumbs up

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:30

I saw them 2 times in Philly.

They also had the coolest stage ever too.

For me it was the best as they came back to America showing
everyone that they could out rock any other band at
the time. Today some younger fans don't like Jagger's
yelling, etc...But for me and everyone who attended
back then loved it. The raw power of the Bad boys of ROCK!

I missed seeing them in 72 as I could get the cash
together for bus and tix..Kill my self now..haha

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:36

Saw them for the first time on that tour. July 6th at Cotton Bowl on state fairgrounds in Dallas. Montrose Band, Trapeze, and the original line up of The Eagles. Sizzling Hot Dry Texas Sun about 95°roughly 75,000 in attendance. Mick hoses down the crowd at the shows conclusion. Oh but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 10, 2015 01:12

My first show as well, forty years ago yesterday (June 8) at Milwaukee County Stadium. The show didn't "sell out" until the Friday before, but it was funky and rocky. Great setlist and many songs haven't popped up in more than thirty subsequent concerts over the years.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 10, 2015 01:17

I saw them at The Buffalo Aud June 15th 1975. I was 15. Paid $9.00 for the ticket. All the money in the world to me. It was my 1st Stones concert and my first concert ever also. I still think about it 40 years later. Life is good with The Stones still in it.
I just seen them in Columbus which was 53rd time. Its the same thrill I had when I was 15.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 10, 2015 02:17

Darin75
This is my favorite Rolling Stones Tour because this was their longest tour and longest setlists. Their concerts at Madison Square Garden, Memphis, Dallas and Buffalo are now legendary. The raw power they had an the drugs they took is all just crazy! Did you see them? How was the sound? The atmosphere and do you have any of the shirts?

my first of 63 to follow Gator Bowl Aug 2nd
all day show Rufus with Chaka Khan
Atlanta Rhythm Section
J. Geils Band

and after a sun that dropped like the fans who drank beer in the 90plus degree sun we moved up from 40yrd line area to close to stage... close enough to see the sides of stage on either side were full of F.O.B.

as far as best Tour who knows but I was no longer a virgin as far as Stones Concerts. That night as I drove back to Fort Lauderdale I was on ether so buzzed from the spectacle I watched

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 02:36

My girlfriend and I were in summer school at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN and the local radio station said there was going to be a big concert announcement at 10:00 AM on Saturday. At 10:00 AM Saturday the announcement was that the Rolling Stones were going to play at Assembly Hall on July 26, 1975 the tickets were $8.50, cash only and were on sale NOW at the IU football stadium ticket office. We searched to find enough cash for 4 tickets, jumped in the car, drove through town at a rapid speed to the football stadium and got 4 great tickets. First concert I had ever seen with the speakers hung from the ceiling, entire arena was sold, and Mick covered the entire Lotus flower stage to sing to the entire crowd and swung over the crowd on his big hook. Still probably my top concert experience, even after seeing the Stones 10 more times and many other top groups.

Date: June 10, 2015 07:01

751st
Saw them for the first time on that tour. July 6th at Cotton Bowl on state fairgrounds in Dallas. Montrose Band, Trapeze, and the original line up of The Eagles. Sizzling Hot Dry Texas Sun about 95°roughly 75,000 in attendance. Mick hoses down the crowd at the shows conclusion. Oh but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now.
I have the shirt to this concert! Man, I wish I was there!!

Date: June 10, 2015 08:48

Darin75! We're you at the show? I have fading memories on the show myself however I have one enduring image of a chick in a med station that was adjacent to the men's room screaming at her dad whom the authorities called to come get her after she dropped from heat exhaustion. She was screaming the exact same phrase you hear a girl screaming in Gimmie Shelter (from the Altamont disaster) No! I wanna see Mick Jagger G Dammit!! Funny the things you remember from that far back.

Date: June 11, 2015 05:55

751st
Darin75! We're you at the show? I have fading memories on the show myself however I have one enduring image of a chick in a med station that was adjacent to the men's room screaming at her dad whom the authorities called to come get her after she dropped from heat exhaustion. She was screaming the exact same phrase you hear a girl screaming in Gimmie Shelter (from the Altamont disaster) No! I wanna see Mick Jagger G Dammit!! Funny the things you remember from that far back.
No my friend went to the show and he later gave it to me. I also got the shirt from Rich Stadium 1975. That's a good show man. Loved Midnight Rambler. Going to Buffalo this year

Date: June 11, 2015 06:52

If memory serves me correct I think they ended 75 in Buffalo. Have a blast I have a long time friend (former co worker) who loves this band as much as we all do that's going to Buffalo too.Must stay away,don't watch videos, getting withdrawals, must not go broke.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:41

Saw them on July 4th in Memphis.
J. Geils and others opened. An all day affair, mid 90's, with matching humidity.
Stadium ran out of ice, Stones were 2 hours late coming on.
It was a great day !!!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 11, 2015 08:41

June 14 Cleveland Municipal Stadium World Series of Rock

Rolling Stones
Tower of Power
J. Geils Band
Joe Vitale's Madmen

Probably a great show, can't remember any more. Might have accidentally been exceedingly wasted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 08:42 by josepi.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 11, 2015 09:58

Still, Jagger''s singing was horrible back then.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 11, 2015 10:31

31 July Greensboro, NC. First Stones concert ever and was only 15. For some reason I still remember large parts of that day and concert but have trouble remembering last year smileys with beer

Date: June 11, 2015 15:27

751st
If memory serves me correct I think they ended 75 in Buffalo. Have a blast I have a long time friend (former co worker) who loves this band as much as we all do that's going to Buffalo too.Must stay away,don't watch videos, getting withdrawals, must not go broke.
Yep! They ended the tour at Rich Stadium which is Ralph Wilson Stadium. They played here two times that year.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 11, 2015 15:30

StonedAsia
31 July Greensboro, NC. First Stones concert ever and was only 15. For some reason I still remember large parts of that day and concert but have trouble remembering last year smileys with beer

Hey, StonedAsia, that was my first Rolling Stones show as well. I went back to the same Coliseum three years later for the Some Girls tour (a show that has been released on a bootleg, called "Southern Quotations" ). Did you get to that concert as well?

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 16:09

My first Stones concert 40 years ago this month.
One of the MSG shows and then we moved to Greensboro and i saw them there the next month.
Bought an orange TOTA shirt that i wore till it disintegrated.

Looking forward to seeing them in Raleigh in a few weeks.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 11, 2015 17:15

751st

Yes they added a 2nd Buffalo show after the S. American tour was canceled. It was not as close as good as The Buffalo Aud show in June.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 11, 2015 17:41

josepi
June 14 Cleveland Municipal Stadium World Series of Rock

Rolling Stones
Tower of Power
J. Geils Band
Joe Vitale's Madmen

My first show. I remember turning to my girl friend and saying I wasn't a huge Stones fan because they were so old. Then the walk-on music played and the group strolled out sans Jagger (no lotus stage in the stadium) and Keith started slamming out the riff for HTW. Jagger bounded out and started blowing kisses and bowing to the throng while Keith continued that riff almost like a church bell calling the faithful... I'll see them again this month in Pittsburgh, forty years and six days later.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:15

I saw them four times at MSG and once in Detroit Cobo Hall. My only prior show was MSG 1972, so I was thoroughly excited but worried that Ronnie had huge shoes to fill. Like many, I was truly saddened when I heard the news that Mick T had left and could not understand why (still don't really).

Although they were not promoting a new LP (unless you count Metamorphosis or Made in the Shade), they had plenty of new songs from GHS and IORR that had not been played in the US and the "warhorses" were still hot. The set list never varied, but one night at MSG they played Cherry Oh Baby as a treat. I barely tolerated the Billy Preston interlude as a set up to the big finale. I have to say the sound was spotty at times - echo or bottom heavy - unless you were in the sweet spot in the first 20 rows on the floor.

All in all, I was a total fan-boy and they could do no wrong. Ronnie earned his place and I have been attending multiple shows every tour since. San Diego, Pitt and KC on the Zip Code for me.

HBK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home