Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 26
Re: Atlanta GA USA 9-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:29

Have a great night everyone in Atlanta, and about 8.30 p.m. here in Spain.

Will not be up to follow the show but come about 7 a.m. over here will follow it all from page 1 onwards

It's gonna be a great one I'm sure. smileys with beer

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:47

crawdaddy
Have a great night everyone in Atlanta, and about 8.30 p.m. here in Spain.

Will not be up to follow the show but come about 7 a.m. over here will follow it all from page 1 onwards

It's gonna be a great one I'm sure. smileys with beer

It's the mid of the working week and I'm heading over to the bed to get some rest. After some 4 hours, it will be 4am and showtime over here - hope to get some nice periscope streams.

Anybody here going to the show and share the stream with us? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:48

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:52

New memo:

For people who have iPhones or Android phones, Periscope should be much easier to use now. There is a "global map" feature that's new, it shows you where in the world various broadcasts are coming from. So tonight, you can zoom into Atlanta on the app and see all the broadcasts coming from there - including all the periscopes.

You'll need to be updated to the latest version to be able to do this.

Have fun everyone going to the show.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:04

mnewman505

Nice shot. Still can't help but look at the size of these venues and think "1000 decent seats and 39,000 crap ones". Sometimes I'm just amazed they can get away with it.

peace

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:04

Sweet picture!
Have fun tonight everyone!

I LOVE the fact that Atlanta has a Merch Stand down on the field.
It would make every stadium show SOOOOOO much easier if there were Merch Stands, Restrooms and Concessions down on the floor.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:11

Turner68
New memo:

For people who have iPhones or Android phones, Periscope should be much easier to use now. There is a "global map" feature that's new, it shows you where in the world various broadcasts are coming from. So tonight, you can zoom into Atlanta on the app and see all the broadcasts coming from there - including all the periscopes.

That's good news. All others, without the app but with a tablet or PC/MAC can join in on the streams when you find them at twitter. Click and join in. Also, at watchonperiscome.com, you can find a Stones feed if you're lucky.

At best: if you find a good stream, post it here. Or if you go to the show, can and would like to stream for us all over the world: announce your stream here. That would be cool!

Posted by: dbb ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:32

Mongoose, I also really enjoyed your comments. Like you, I saw my first Stones concert in the summer of 1975 so this marks my 40th year as well of seeing the Stones in concert. I believe my first ticket was around $8.50. Anyway, I can remember how excited I was to finally see them in 1975. Yet the night before I saw them this year in Columbus I was still excited about seeing them - 40 years later! The power of the Stones cannot overstated.

Hope everyone in Atlanta gets a great show tonight and new memories to last for years to come!

Date: June 9, 2015 22:38

Just hit Atlanta and one big thunderstorm rolled through
Should cool the temps off on the field tonight
Traffic not bad at 3pm at least by Atlanta standards

See you at the show!

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: June 9, 2015 22:40

BTW world famous Varsity drive in and their great burgers are less than two blocks from 3rd St. parking where a lot of IORR's will be at

[www.thevarsity.com]

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:44

Mongoose
MrMonte
Hi Mongoose,

I am someone that used to post here from time to time, moved on from posting but still enjoy checking in and seeing what others are discussing. I too have loved the Stones for a very, VERY long time and will be seeing them in Pittsburgh and hopefully also in Raleigh.

I came back on just to tell you how much I enjoyed your post and all the great memories. Like everyone here, I have my own catalog of Stones related memories and it's fun to think about them. But it was really enjoyable reading your comments and reliving those great times with you.

Thanks,

MrMonte

That made my day, MrMonte! Thanks for the kind words, and welcome back to posting!

Mongoose it is first of all a nice read because we all here know the spirit in your words so well.
So why don´t we share all our "My Stones Life"??
Size: Onepager.
Like you just did it, Mongoose.
Could be something great here.
And later a book.

Posted by: StonemexVelazco ()
Date: June 9, 2015 22:48

Mongoose
My first of nine Stones shows was almost exactly 40 years ago (TOTA '75, Greensboro, NC). I was 20 at the time. If you had told me then that we could flash forward 40 years to the point when I was 60 years old, and I was about to see the Stones again, I would have said you were out of your mind!

I remember the day after the '75 show, the concert reviewer of the Winston-Salem paper writing something to the effect of "the Stones proved last night that they were far from burnt out," and so on. Even then, a rock and roll band that had been together for 12 years was, as Keith says, in "uncharted territory."

Stones memories, as I get ready for my 10th (and most probably, last) Rolling Stones concert:

Hearing my first Stones song on the radio, in 1964 - "It's All Over Now" - on WHEE-AM radio, in my hometown of Martinsville, VA, and rushing out the next day to purchase that 45 as well as "Tell Me." Listened to both of them over and over for days. My friends were saying things like, "oh, they'll never amount to anything, they'll be gone in a year," etc., but I was hooked.
I am also 60 years old.Saw my first Stones concert in 1975, I justs saw my 14th Stones concert in San Diego last month. I can not believe that 40 years have gone by and they are still on top. Long Live the Stones ! Viva Los Stones !

Hurrying to the record store to listen to "Time is On My Side" when it was first released, and deciding not to buy it (it's still not one of my favorite Stones songs. Don't ask me why, it just isn't).

The release of "Satisfaction," and friends saying things like "oh, listen to this new band, aren't they great," and just smiling at them. By then, I wanted to dye my hair blond to look like Brian. My parents didn't think that was a good idea for a ten year old....who knew?

Listening over and over to the single, "She's a Rainbow" b/w "2000 Light Years From Home," sick at home with tonsillitis. Looking at the 45 cover sleeve of the Satanic Majesties cover and all the details in it. (Remember when you did your best to buy those singles with the picture? Otherwise, those plain white 45 sleeves were pretty boring).

Scraping up pennies together to buy the "Let It Bleed" album from the J. C. Penney's store. I did what the record sleeve said to do. I played it LOUD. A LOT. My all time favorite Stones album to this day.

Listening to "Exile on Main Street" at my dad's house in Blacksburg, VA, and writing up a review of each song as I heard it for the first time. Wound up being about five pages of notes. Wonder what happened to that?

My favorite pair of jeans when I was in high school? The ones with the Stones tongue logo patch on 'em.

Concerts, Greensboro (TOTA '75, and Some Girls '78), big parties in Winston-Salem after both shows. Birmingham (Steel Wheels '89, the single best concert by anyone that I have ever attended, and then later, the Voodoo Lounge show). Both tours also in Atlanta. Bridges to Babylon, and then two shows of A Bigger Bang. Winning tickets for the '89 Stones show through a restaurant contest (Ruby Tuesday's, of course).

Keeping a scrapbook (and an electronic file) of reviews, ticket stubs, set lists, etc. from all nine shows.

Getting to meet both Chuck Leavell and Nicky Hopkins in the 80s. Having my band, the Amazing Mongooses, get to play at the same festival as Karl Denson last year (Roosterwalk, in Virginia), which is my Kevin Bacon "one degree of separation" moment from the Rolling Stones.

Am I fan? You bet.

And, although I know the chances of hearing them play a song I have never heard before tonight are very slim ....

(maybe CYHMK? Heck, I'd even be happy to hear them play "Time is On my Side!" at this point. Private prediction: the Ray Charles version of "Georgia." You heard it here first!)

..... I am still very excited to have one more chance of seeing the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World.

Look for me at the Varsity around 6:30 pm, with a small sign that says "IORR.ORG." and come over and say hello.

(We might even sing "Time is On My Side together!)

Cheers,

Mongoose

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:04

Four hours until showtime!

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:18

Thanks, caschimann & StonemexVelazco!

I love the Stones book idea. All we need now is a publisher, because lots of folks would contribute to that one!

Leaving my house around 5:15. Look for me at the Varsity at 6:30 pm!

"Charlie's good tonight....."

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:53

"Consulting with Buzz about penalties for unmusicianlike conduct!...."
#StonesAtlanta

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:56

Turner68
New memo:

Good evening Turner68,
Maybe I was "a bit too sceptical" at first when you started bringing Periscope to the attention of IORR-addicts like me, but now I am turned 100% and I am frustrated about the time difference between Atlanta and The Netherlands.
Goodnight everybody. Have a great time!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:58

Just flew from Boston Through Atlanta down to Baton Rouge for work. Took what little discipline I have not to jump into a rental car in Atlanta and head to the show. Oh well- Milwaukee in 2 weeks!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:59

Cristiano Radtke
#StonesAtlanta

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks for posting Cristiano! It's so nice to see him do things like this and being so relaxed and having fun.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:00

For those who are not familiar with GT and the 'bee colors' - it comes from Buzz, the mascot of the Georgia Tech 'Yellow Jackets' athletic teams from the Georgia Institute of Technology:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 00:05 by Irix.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:02

Made it! Finding the parking was an adventure but now sitting in front of my entrance gate waiting to be let in!!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:10

Have a great night everyone, I'm officially on my way down to the show.

Time to rock!

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:11

Is it worth to stay up until 3:30 a.m. to follow this this thread and the concert live on Periscope? I love following their concerts live on the web but this time it's a hard decision to make...
Anyone think they will come up with any surprises at all?
Or will it only be Moonlight Mile + Bitch + Street Fighting Man?...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 00:13 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:19

The Rolling Stones will be performing at the Bobby Dodd Stadium tonight.

Bobby Dodd - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robert Lee Dodd (November 11, 1908 – June 21, 1988) was an American college football coach at Georgia Tech. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame as a player and coach, something that only three people have accomplished.

After playing quarterback at the University of Tennessee, he served as an assistant coach under William Alexander at Georgia Tech beginning in December 1930. Alexander made the hire while Dodd was still a student at Tennessee. Dodd succeeded Alexander in 1945 as the third head coach at the Institute. He retired from coaching after the 1966 season, compiling a 165–64–8 record. He also served as Athletic Director from 1950 until 1976. All together, Dodd served Georgia Tech 57 years in various capacities. Bobby Dodd died in June 1988 at the age of 79 in Atlanta, Georgia.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:19

In my crystal ball I see that they'll play CYHMK tonight... Sway might also be an option.

Date: June 10, 2015 00:21

ADTL sound check

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:23

Have a feeling that Shattered will be the by request song.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:24

Figure the #3 slot will be ADTL and the #7 slot will be Wild Horses.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:27

dcba
In my crystal ball I see that they'll play CYHMK tonight... Sway might also be an option.

Your foresights are not immensely exciting so to speak.

Still I would love to hear all the Taylorites complain about Ronnie's solo on Sway...

Date: June 10, 2015 00:27

CYHMK sound check

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:32

Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke
#StonesAtlanta

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks for posting Cristiano! It's so nice to see him do things like this and being so relaxed and having fun.

My pleasure, Dreamer! smileys with beer

I wish a great concert for everybody who's going to see them tonight. As usual, I will try to follow the updates in my FOS position. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home