Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Song Vote - Atlanta, June 9
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:20

IMO they're welcome to keep up this charade as long as they don't proclaim YGMR the winner. That would give it away.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:18

I wanna be your man.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 9, 2015 17:52

I guess You Got Me Rocking will be the winner of this show. It's a real crowed pleaser and most of the people know this song.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:14

Elmo Lewis
What flac said.cool smiley

I have always thought the vote was rigged. thumbs down

Would love Shattered or Some Girls. Will get SFM - obviously a great song.thumbs up

No YGMR please. thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

You coming, flac? smileys with beer

Brother I wish I could make it! I'll be watching on Periscope!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 9, 2015 18:17

Maindefender
I don't think SFM has been chosen yet this tour. Also, check out the Europe versions(Düsseldorf?) from last year. Totally smoking.....hope to hear it in person for the first time in Buffalo

SFM has been smoking ever since the very first rehearsals in 2012... I thought it was bound to become the anthem of all upcoming concerts, back then. Unfortunately, they've only played it an handful of times ever since. (And yes, always smoking...) If it get's picked, Atlanta is in for a treat!

Date: June 9, 2015 18:31

Rather hear I Go Wild than this one.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 19:22

Gomper!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 9, 2015 19:47

at least ygmr dropped to the vote list and out of the regular set.
anything else is welcome and I picked some girls.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:23

Some Girls!!!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:35

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason YGMR is the only song that consistently keeps rearing its ugly head? I actually like the song a lot. But I don't understand why none of the other songs they hock off each album get brought back up as much. Like, what makes YGMR any better or more well known than Rough Justice, Sad Sad Sad, Rock And A Hard Place, I Go Wild? They are all about the same, at least to me, so I've never understood why YGMR got the choice of being "latter day Stones warhorse". The ONLY other song that remotes pops up as much is Out Of Control, and thats only because you don't actually realize how great it is till they play it live.

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:38

Some Girls smoking smiley

-------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Rolling72 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:45

How about Rip this joint? Anyone?

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:48

Seems like SFM is a song that Keith can really still crush. The rhythmic strumming doesn't require a lot of the dexterity that his arthritis etc have cost him.

I think that song is every bit the anthem that JJF is and I've always wondered why they don't play it more. The theories that the rebellious message of the lyrics are counter to the lifestyle of 70 something year old gazillionares doesn't square with me. How is that any more/ less topical than Mick singing an incredibly outdated phrase like "it's a gas"? Both songs are amazing and classic and I'm surprised they aren't on the same footing internally.

Date: June 9, 2015 20:48

Rolling72
They'd die if done properly.

Posted by: Rolling72 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:51

How about Rip this joint? Maybe in Buffalo

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:34

Citadel

Date: June 9, 2015 21:42

Rolling72
How about Rip this joint? Maybe in Buffalo

Mick couldn't sing it at that pace

Date: June 9, 2015 23:08

Rolling72

I always thought that they could throw "Rip This Joint" in towards the end to break-up the warhorse parade. Much like they did in the '70's.

Date: June 9, 2015 23:13

bart-man
I guess You Got Me Rocking will be the winner of this show. It's a real crowed pleaser and most of the people know this song.

I don't see "You Got Me Rocking" as a vote winner type of song for 2 reasons. First,it seems to be a spontaneous number and second,they almost never play it in the middle of a concert with one exception being Osaka,Japan 1998. I could be wrong,though.

Date: June 9, 2015 23:20

RollingFreak
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason YGMR is the only song that consistently keeps rearing its ugly head? I actually like the song a lot. But I don't understand why none of the other songs they hock off each album get brought back up as much. Like, what makes YGMR any better or more well known than Rough Justice, Sad Sad Sad, Rock And A Hard Place, I Go Wild? They are all about the same, at least to me, so I've never understood why YGMR got the choice of being "latter day Stones warhorse". The ONLY other song that remotes pops up as much is Out Of Control, and thats only because you don't actually realize how great it is till they play it live.

I always wondered this as well. In my opinion,"You Got Me Rocking" is about equal to "Rough Justice",a bit worse than the Steel Wheels tracks you mention,and a good deal worse than "I Go Wild".

At least they have finally eased-up on it,though. (I don't want to jinx it.) However,it is not always replaced by another song from the same era,which I wish it would be.

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:08

I am not going, but I voted for You Got Me Rocking to be helpful.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:31

RollingFreak
Unfortunately, almost anytime SFM is in the mix, it should and probably will be picked.

I thought it would win in Arlington for sure, but Rocks Off did. Which I was happy about.

Date: June 10, 2015 02:31

tklawson
I am not going, but I voted for You Got Me Rocking to be helpful.

I take it you are joking. "You Got Me Rocking" is one of the most hated songs that they have up their sleeve. I don't know who you would be helping besides the 3 people who want to hear it but haven't yet.

Date: June 10, 2015 17:40

Lol thats great. Some Girls won.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home