Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Your wishes for a new series of official bootleg releases
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 9, 2015 00:00

Sound quality from the Jones era is horrendous.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 9, 2015 00:09

tomcasagranda
Sound quality from the Jones era is horrendous.

Charlie is my Darling (Live 65) is horrendous soundwise?????

The BBC-recordings are horrendous or the Circus recordings?????

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: June 9, 2015 00:17

Something from 66/67 would be great. But not very likely.

But the recordings from Paris 1967, Honolulu and Melbourne 1966 are in decent quality.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 08:42

philrock90
This may be a stupid question but what's so great about el mocambo

there are no stupid questions, only bad set lists.

read about it here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 9, 2015 10:57

yeababyyea
Philadelphia 1997 AUDIO & VIDEO
Wembley 1st Show 1999 AUDIO & VIDEO
Cleveland 2002 AUDIO & VIDEO
Nijmegen 2007 AUDIO & VIDEO

Strange wishes sometimes.
Hope Matt didn't think about one of those.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 9, 2015 11:55

mattleeuk
Some of your wishes will be answered....

Can you give us a hint please..maybe just the city or year?

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:45

mitch
yeababyyea

>grinning smiley< thumbs up

I think Atlantic City 1989 is a serious possibility. I got the Dandelion and the Swingin'Pig version. Both in suberb soundboard quality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 12:45 by bart-man.

Date: June 9, 2015 12:50

mattleeuk
Some of your wishes will be answered....

thumbs up

PS: Did you locate your cut-out, Matt? winking smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 9, 2015 13:18

mitch
yeababyyea

C'mon, those are among the best latter-day shows ever. Have you even heard the recordings? Seek out the tape from Cleveland, amazing setlist with tons of rarities, and the powerhouse performance will blow your socks off. thumbs up

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 9, 2015 13:40

I think there is a realistic chance of any of these classic shows from the MT years:

Altamont 69
Oakland 69
MSG 69
Miami 69
Paris 1970 (one of 3 shows)
MSG 1972
Nicaragua 73
Sydney 1973 (last show)

Well...I might be dreamin also !
But there is a slight pattern of the band releasing well known shows which have some significance...

Date: June 9, 2015 13:47

yeababyyea
mitch
yeababyyea

C'mon, those are among the best latter-day shows ever. Have you even heard the recordings? Seek out the tape from Cleveland, amazing setlist with tons of rarities, and the powerhouse performance will blow your socks off. thumbs up

I think Copenhagen and Oslo blow Nijmegen out of the water? Wasn't it in Nijmegen Keith froze on Happy. Man, that was scary!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 9, 2015 14:15

Eleanor Rigby
I think there is a realistic chance of any of these classic shows from the MT years:

Altamont 69
Oakland 69
MSG 69
Miami 69
Paris 1970 (one of 3 shows)
MSG 1972
Nicaragua 73
Sydney 1973 (last show)

Well...I might be dreamin also !
But there is a slight pattern of the band releasing well known shows which have some significance...

I wish they would release some not so classic but great recordings instead of focusing on the most famous boots or venues. Altamont was a good performance except that it's a little unnerving to listen to because of all the interruptions and violence. It's historic, but I think the band would find it a little controversial to release.

From '69, Baltimore, Detroit and San Diego would be excellent choices. From '70, Essen is incredible, though the Paris shows were good (this seemed to be a very even tour). From '72, Charlotte, Norfolk, Boston, Philly, Hollywood Palladium, etc. would be better choices than MSG, I think. Nicaragua was a cool show with a very nice setlist; I would love that one. The Sydney '73 shows is pretty much as good as they ever got, can't beat those IMHO (and I prefer them over Perth '73).

Date: June 9, 2015 16:02

DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
mitch
yeababyyea

I think Copenhagen and Oslo blow Nijmegen out of the water? Wasn't it in Nijmegen Keith froze on Happy. Man, that was scary!

I didn't attend Copenhagen or Oslo, but I did attend the Gothenburg gig a few days earlier. It was a very good show, but I'm not so sure it was better than the excellent Nijmegen show. Keith is off on Happy, but otherwise he's on top form through the whole show.
The main reason I wants to have Nijmegen released is cause it had an interesting setlist + great performance.
Here's Dean Goodman's comment on the Copenhagen show: ''The show itself was nothing overly memorable''
And here's his comment on the Nijmegen show: ''And if the weather drives the Stones to the glorified heights that they reached in Nijmegen, then fans are in for a great tour.''
I don't know if his word is law though.

Nijmegen could also be a cool Video to see since it was bad weather. If I remeber right there is no official concert video with a wet show? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 16:03 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:10

Why not released the Nicaragua Benefit show and donate the profits to charity?

Date: June 9, 2015 17:15

I was in Nijmegen 2007 but I couldn't remember it as a memorable show. Just good with an average setlist. It was a very rainy day with Van Morrison as the support act. We skipped Van Morrison because of the rain. The show wasn't sold out. They decreased the field to make it feel like a sold out show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 17:53 by bart-man.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 9, 2015 17:50

I was in Nijmegen 2007 too - the heavy rain has stopped when the Stones came on stage:

ABB-Tour, Goffert Park, Nijmegen, Netherlands, June 8, 2007

Date: June 9, 2015 20:31

bart-man
I was in Nijmegen 2007 but I couldn't remember it as a memorable show. Just good with an average setlist. It was a very rainy day with Van Morrison as the support act. We skipped Van Morrison because of the rain. The show wasn't sold out. They decreased the field to make it feel like a sold out show.

Ok, obviously there were other people attending the show who felt differently.
But are you sure that you would rate any Stones concert post 1989 as ''excellent''? You don't seem to be a big fan of the modern Stones concerts judging by the thumbs up on the comment by mitch smiling smiley

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:14

yeababyyea
But are you sure that you would rate any Stones concert post 1989 as ''excellent''? You don't seem to be a big fan of the modern Stones concerts judging by the thumbs up on the comment by mitch smiling smiley

Paradiso shows are among the best concerts they ever gave in their modern era (setlist and performance wise)
Those shows are for me comparable to the Mocambo ones.
But there are so many legendary concerts that should take the priority for a release over the vegas-era ones...

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 21:22

1972 and 1973 stuff smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 9, 2015 22:59

yeababyyea
bart-man

Ok, obviously there were other people attending the show who felt differently.

Every Stones show I can attempt considered to be the best show I have ever seen even though the setlist shows no special gems. I've seen about 30 shows and I liked them all. Unfortunately no club shows. No bad sounds from me about a stones show but sometimes you wish they play a 'never played live before' song

Date: June 10, 2015 00:42

mitch
yeababyyea

Paradiso shows are among the best concerts they ever gave in their modern era (setlist and performance wise)
Those shows are for me comparable to the Mocambo ones.
But there are so many legendary concerts that should take the priority for a release over the vegas-era ones...

Paradiso is fine... But I would rather have the Orpheum '02 gig or the Roseland '02 club gig when they played a lovely She Smiled Sweetly, or why not the legendary club gig at Cirkus in Stockholm '03? That encore version of Sympathy is off the hook.
Those gigs blows Paradiso out of the water any day in my book...

El Macombo is also on my wish list, incredible performance. Anything from 1976 would be pure gold. I'm not that into the Taylor-era but I want something from 1970.

However the 1999-tour NEEDS an official live document. The club gig's from the ''Vegas-Era'' are just as exciting as any 70s concert for me.

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: June 10, 2015 04:18

Wiltern Theater. I was there but only have a poor quality audio bootleg. There are a few tracks on Four Flicks but not enough!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 10, 2015 05:42

Not even close ... behind Brussels & Ya Yas, El Mocambo has always been my favorite live Stones. I love the few songs on Love You Live and dream of a complete official release.

After El Mocambo, I wouldn't need anything else from '69 to present, we have far more than enough ... I'd love earlier 60s shows!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 10, 2015 05:55

Sighunt's picks for future live bootleg releases:

1) a decent 1970 show (which has not been adequately represented)

2) Nicaragua benefit show 1973

3) El Mocambo 1977

4) Paradiso show 95

5) a great quality show from No Security tour 1999

6) Any one of the great small club/theatre gigs on the American leg of the Licks tour 2002 (Orpheum, Roseland, Tower Theatre).

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 10, 2015 06:25

A show or two from the Bigger Bang Tour. (maybe Montana or Idaho or Madison Square Garden, Mexico City, the list goes on and on...)
Wiltern Theatre show
Fonda Theater Show

That's what I would love to see.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: June 10, 2015 06:34

Atlanta - June 9, 2015

Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: June 10, 2015 06:51

HomerSimpson
Atlanta - June 9, 2015
Was just going to post the same man!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2015 06:53

A boot of their next studio recordings would be way coooooooool .... ACE in fact ..

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home