Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones beyond 2006- what will happen
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 29, 2005 13:10

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 1989 - 1994 - 1997 - 2002 - 2005 ...
>
> Do you see a pattern here? For me this looks like
> 5 world tours in 16 years. I.e. one major tour
> every 3 years. So unless somethink is happening,
> they should do another tour in 2008 or so.
> > will play just in Norway. May be 5. May be more.
> The Stones are made of something special.
> Including Bill. Unfortunately not Brian. They will
> go on forever. Call it my hope. Or call it the
> faith. We are just lucky fans to have our favorite
> band still around. Simple as that.
>

If you would follow this pattern they will tour in 2010 not 2008 ;-)
But let's hope it's 2007!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: stonesfool ()
Date: July 29, 2005 13:41

what are you all talking about? why should they stop? why would they want to stop? some of you have said you hoped they would have stopped after Licks. huh??? all the recent evidence points to them being pumped up for touring and the new album. they were positively brimming with energy and in fantastic spirits at the PC both on stage and answering questions. didn't appear to me to be getting ready to retire one bit. the quip from Charlie at the PC about this being the last tour was just that - one of his famous spur-of-the-moment witticisms to a stupid tired old question. Listen to what Mick said himself in 4flicks msg dissing that nytimes article that said it would probably be their last appearance at msg: "DON'T THINK SO!!"

I believe they will keep recording and playing in front of an audience in some capacity until they are no longer physically capable to do so. period. end of story.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 29, 2005 13:49

a lot of people will be shocked when the stones quit, cos they don't wanna know the reality that these guys are over 60 years old.
I won't be shocked, I think the time to stop is there

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 29, 2005 16:10

That wishlist thing on their website sort of tells me that this is the last world tour. Maybe some selected concerts will come later. Truth be told, I think this is the last album. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 29, 2005 16:24

Why, I don't get it?
Some health issues yeah but who hasn't at some time in their life.
Your just about to get the longest album in over 30 years, a global world tour literally of the back of a recent massive tour.
Why should this be the end?
Many old artists are still going today without any mention of it being the end?
No one in RnR has ever been here at this level?
The stones are a fully functioning complete band who obviously still enjoy what they do and throw their creative energy into recent outings. You just gotta listen to the new stuff.
Haven't the stones previously asked for input in set lists? Wasn't there a web cast on previous tours to pick a track. Its just a gimmick to encourage interaction.

Most the time a think these threads are more to do with tired old questions than tired old muscians. At least an MT solo aint been mentioned in a while.....

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 29, 2005 16:35

The Stones themselves feel in the tradition of the old blues musicians who have played until they died. So will the Stones BUT they can't be the same band if Charlie, Keith or Mick died. As long as they're all alive and well they will play. They will record and do concerts. Maybe this will be the last tour of that dimension and no one knows how long Mick will be able to behave on stage as he has used to do but they will play. There's nothing else they really can.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 29, 2005 18:16

after the touring is done, you can bet there will be albums galore released (studio & live) to keep us all going until we are done. that's their "pension plan."

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 29, 2005 18:21

Sounds bloomin good to me........

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 29, 2005 18:35

I always imagined that at this point the Stones would have scaled down.

Musically, they would be playing more blues.

And Mick would have shed his "Jumpin Jack Flash" persona--which got even bigger as they played stadiums--and go back to his old, early style (like TAMI show) of a marraca-shaking menacing figure standing at the mic stand.

But hey, as long as he can still do JJF, more power to him!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2005 00:09

What will happen after 2006?

Mick will jog on his treadmill
Keith will look in the mirror and wonder how fishing lures got in his hair
Ronnie will pass out
Charlie will go play some jazz with his buds
Daryll and Bobby will add on another 25 pounds
Chuck will get another award for growing trees
Mr. Chol will think to himself "what dumbass thing will their fans buy next?"

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 30, 2005 00:29

keith says on the licks bonus dvd ,,YA DONT GET OFF THIS BUS

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 30, 2005 00:31

keith says on the licks bonus dvd ,,YA DONT GET OFF THIS BUS

keith says alot,

Date: July 30, 2005 00:37

1st 1 off the bus will be charlie i think...didnt he say months ago to mick & keith this is it for me,,,any1 no

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 30, 2005 01:35

how does anyone outside the band know what Charlie said or didnt say to mick & keith??

At the age theyre at and with the longevity they have as a band, theyre basically in uncharted territory for rock acts. Theres no template for what a rock n roll band does after 40 plus years together, so basically they dont know how to END it and at this stage they are several years past the stage where they were ever going to split up over personal differences (funny, no one talks about the end of the Stones in THOSE terms anymore. The 80's truly are well in the past)

They'll be a working band, one way or another, until one of them is incapable of doing so, either by death or a seriously incapacitating illness. What else are they going to do? Retire and take up gardening? Their egoes are strong enough to keep them going as long as the bodies are physically capable of doing so.

Date: July 30, 2005 03:04

gazza .weeks before press conf. on a TV newscast,,,their was a report that charlie told mick & keith that this was it for him,,,,did any1 else hear this.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home