Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28
Re: Dallas TX USA 6-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:55

RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Do me a favor. Stay home at the west side when they play Buffalo. Nobody wants miserable people like you at the show.

I also noticed this guy crys a lot too. With a name like Sicilian what do you expect. Maybe his knee high black socks aren't matching his sandals today.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:57

More Hot Rocks
RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Do me a favor. Stay home at the west side when they play Buffalo. Nobody wants miserable people like you at the show.

I also noticed this guy crys a lot too. With a name like Sicilian what do you expect. Maybe his knee high black socks aren't matching his sandals today.

LOL

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:59

JadedFaded
BV thought it was best show this tour, others thought it wasn't that good. I think it all depends on where your seats are. As for the crowd sitting, it is definitely in part due to age and the fact that so many Americans are couch potatoes. But Bobby A. wrote in his review that Security was telling him to sit down! That is outrageous. Being told by Security to sit down at a Stones concert is totally unacceptable!

Sounds like it's just as well I couldn't go, I'd have been thrown out! winking smiley

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:29

Miss You
[youtu.be]

Let's Spend SOME Time Together
[youtu.be]

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:29

RockinJive
More Hot Rocks
RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505

LOL

Hey Sicilian and other warhorse complainers, do you not believe that the Stones' warhorse songs are the greatest rock and roll songs ever written? They are masterpieces. How do you get bored with a masterpiece? Do you go to the Louvre and complain about the continued display of the Mona Lisa? Does that bore you too? Yes, we'd all like more surprises in the set list, but just enjoy the concerts for what they are: the greatest rock and roll band in the world playing the greatest rock and roll songs!

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:32

I was at the 50 yard line about 10 rows from the top, Ron's side. The sound was completely unacceptable way up there, and I should have known it going in, but I was hoping for the best with the new venue and all, but to no avail. Add to that the huge screen not being used. The sound was so muddy and boomy that I had trouble figuring out what song they were playing. You could not hear individual guitar lines and Mick's banter was unintelligible between songs. I felt terrible for the people in my section, but not bad enough not to move. Ended up in the standing area of the upper level end zone, where the sound was much better (but still not great) and enjoyed the concert immensely. But it really sucked missing the first few and Moonlight Mile completely.

Here's a picture of my 6-year-old son having a blast. smiling smiley

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:00

More Hot Rocks
RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505

To Sicilian,
I would wager that 99 percent of the audience or higher doesn't know what is coming next and are thrilled to be seeing the Rolling Stones in their town or are excited to travel to see one of the most if not the most prolific band in music history.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:02

Man! That reflects my thoughts about the PA being woefully underpowered. Cute photo of your boy. My wife asked whether we should take our 5 year old daughter and I vetod that. Her favorite song is Little Queenie (no joke) so I feel like she'd be disappointed with the setlist.

To me they are using an arena stage. The PA system seems to be the smallest with least coverage of all previous stages from 94-07.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:06

Seems like they moved the stage forward as crowd was about 40k, yet looked much larger.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:08

flacnvinyl
Man! That reflects my thoughts about the PA being woefully underpowered. Cute photo of your boy. My wife asked whether we should take our 5 year old daughter and I vetod that. Her favorite song is Little Queenie (no joke) so I feel like she'd be disappointed with the setlist.

To me they are using an arena stage. The PA system seems to be the smallest with least coverage of all previous stages from 94-07.

Interesting. How did you figure out the PA is underpowered to start with? Judging by the size of it or audio recordings or complaints from attendants?

Date: June 8, 2015 02:16

Date: June 8, 2015 02:17

Date: June 8, 2015 02:17

yeababyyea
flacnvinyl

Interesting. How did you figure out the PA is underpowered to start with? Judging by the size of it or audio recordings or complaints from attendants?

I have worked in AV for many years. The main thing I noticed is the large areas of the stadium with zero coverage. The PA is directional and can hit large areas of the audience with precision timing. Unfortunately large areas have no direct audio from the line array. Side upper deck and the back 1/3 of the lower deck. I am on mobile otherwise I'd gladly MSPAINT/Illustrator a diagram of what I believe are the problematic areas. PA system coverage is my main deciding factor with seats to any show. If you attend a show on this tour and have great sound, your opinion of the show will be drastically different than the opinion of folks with poor sound.

Remember, there is always echo in large venues. If you are hit by the sound first, no problem. If you don't get hit by the line array, all you hear is proximity sound and bouncing echo..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:28

yeababyyea
flacnvinyl

It wasn't too hard to look at the speaker arrays and the size and layout of that place and conclude it wasn't going to be good sound for a lot of folks. Perhaps underpowered wasn't so much of a problem as echo and delay management, resonant frequencies set up by the venue geometry and general speaker placement. The fact that it was so boomy and muddy that people like SharksWillCry couldn't even tell which songs were being played is pretty sad. But I'm sure someone up there still probably thought "best show ever". winking smiley

peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:45

The sound was fine down low. We would look way up as if to the top of a skyscraper and see those high high levels, and I knew it couldn't be great up there.

I stuffed ear plugs into my 11 year old's ears after JJF. That system was far from underpowered. It may not have been enough stack coverage to get the perfect mix to every echoey corner. But the power was there, songs were easily identifiable and MOST of Jagger's comments understood (from down low).

The whotapes recording shows how clearly that place reverbed so I guess I was in the sweet spot as far as first repercussions off the crowd...it may have been on 3 echoes moving around by the time it hit the top rows?

They didn't need more power, they needed better or increased stack angling and placement...

mine is just one lousy opinion

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:08

Icetraders

These guys are way too cool.

Date: June 8, 2015 03:33

Munichhilton
The sound was fine down low. We would look way up as if to the top of a skyscraper and see those high high levels, and I knew it couldn't be great up there.

I stuffed ear plugs into my 11 year old's ears after JJF. That system was far from underpowered. It may not have been enough stack coverage to get the perfect mix to every echoey corner. But the power was there, songs were easily identifiable and MOST of Jagger's comments understood (from down low).

The whotapes recording shows how clearly that place reverbed so I guess I was in the sweet spot as far as first repercussions off the crowd...it may have been on 3 echoes moving around by the time it hit the top rows?

They didn't need more power, they needed better or increased stack angling and placement...

Your opinion is awesome and accurate. By underpowered I am not talking about the stacks that are there. I am talking about the stacks that are NOT there. In Indianapolis for example, they will have a ton of extra stacks.. Enough for every section. The current setup does not cover the upper decks of any venue. I'd say it's hanging too low and should be angled up a bit more. The floor is great. Just bad where none of the existing stacks are pointed.

Sound is a very tough craft. Look at the wide shots. The second stacks are pointed to the last half. Nothing is pointed toward the cheap seats. Bummer for those folks.

Date: June 8, 2015 04:17

GIMME sHELTER - video: [youtu.be]

Can anyone be so kind to tell/explain how to properly upload youtube video???? Thank You in advance........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 04:20 by Icetraders.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 8, 2015 04:22

Interesting Drake. So in previous tours did they have more or point them better? I had heard somewhere that they have a great system now. When you have time maybe you can compare them for us? If you want to, of course.

Date: June 8, 2015 04:28

tumblingdice
Interesting Drake. So in previous tours did they have more or point them better? I had heard somewhere that they have a great system now. When you have time maybe you can compare them for us? If you want to, of course.

I would be glad to. If you examine the main PA system from Bridges to Babylon, for example, they had speakers pointed to the upper deck. The secondary relays had a similar setup which would hit a wider area of the stadium and not just the people in front of the main hanging PA. Quick comparison below.

Date: June 8, 2015 04:33

Thanks. I've wondered a lot recently about the sound system. Wasn't that whole tower on Bridges speakers? I remember thinking that on that,my first tour. Much larger than those now but not necessarily louder right? Just angle and acoustics.

Date: June 8, 2015 04:36

Oh and just 2 more days and I'll be in row 5 and I'm pretty sure in section E I will be right in front of speakers. I am hoping to hear the loud volume that I never really had in prior seats in the back and upper levels. I can't wait. Then Nashville I will be in the back floor by the tower set up so I think that should be good as well.

Date: June 8, 2015 05:36

flacnvinyl
Munichhilton

Your opinion is awesome and accurate. By underpowered I am not talking about the stacks that are there. I am talking about the stacks that are NOT there. In Indianapolis for example, they will have a ton of extra stacks.. Enough for every section. The current setup does not cover the upper decks of any venue. I'd say it's hanging too low and should be angled up a bit more. The floor is great. Just bad where none of the existing stacks are pointed.

Sound is a very tough craft. Look at the wide shots. The second stacks are pointed to the last half. Nothing is pointed toward the cheap seats. Bummer for those folks.

Glad your sound was good munich! Sound like you really enjoyed the show.

Just a bit more info: It's not just about the number of speaker arrays and their placement but calibrating the arrays to deliver in phase and properly EQ'ed sound to specific sections. It gets pretty complicated in super large venues where lower frequencies and higher frequencies behave differently and delays are required just to sync the sound from arrays which are separated by large distances.

All large shows with multiple arrays use complex computer based sound management like Meyer Sounds Galileo system. If you are further interested check out Meyer's webpage.

[www.meyersound.com]

peace

Date: June 8, 2015 06:00

The Sicilian

No wonder it is the zip code tour, they are mailing it in.

PRICELESS!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 06:00 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: June 8, 2015 06:15

Naturalust
flacnvinyl
Munichhilton

Glad your sound was good munich! Sound like you really enjoyed the show.

Just a bit more info: It's not just about the number of speaker arrays and their placement but calibrating the arrays to deliver in phase and properly EQ'ed sound to specific sections. It gets pretty complicated in super large venues where lower frequencies and higher frequencies behave differently and delays are required just to sync the sound from arrays which are separated by large distances.

All large shows with multiple arrays use complex computer based sound management like Meyer Sounds Galileo system. If you are further interested check out Meyer's webpage.

[www.meyersound.com]

peace

Thanks for that info as well.

Date: June 8, 2015 06:17

MisterDDDD
catchinem
Regarding last nights periscopes. Thank you all. I notice that some phones pick up the bass better than others. Mr. Cocktail had a great phone that picked up the bass nicely and it also had a good zoom that he used to zoom in on the screens. My question is what would be the best phone for scoping? Maybe a thread about all the ins and outs of scoping would be good? It is such a cool new thing.

Agree.
How amazing is it to be sitting in the comforts of howe (or wherever) and be watching a live Rolling Stones show?? Extremely.

A thread would be great about the ins and outs of this..
I wanna try to do it from the Quebec show.. plenty of time to learn.. but study up and learn i will have to do...

Biggest problem trying to periscope is lack of a good cell signal. I had floor seats last night and could not get a connection.

Date: June 8, 2015 06:30

Icetraders
MisterDDDD
catchinem
Regarding last nights periscopes. Thank you all. I notice that some phones pick up the bass better than others. Mr. Cocktail had a great phone that picked up the bass nicely and it also had a good zoom that he used to zoom in on the screens. My question is what would be the best phone for scoping? Maybe a thread about all the ins and outs of scoping would be good? It is such a cool new thing.

Agree.
How amazing is it to be sitting in the comforts of howe (or wherever) and be watching a live Rolling Stones show?? Extremely.

A thread would be great about the ins and outs of this..
I wanna try to do it from the Quebec show.. plenty of time to learn.. but study up and learn i will have to do...

Biggest problem trying to periscope is lack of a good cell signal. I had floor seats last night and could not get a connection.

I would think the biggest problem would be trying to hold the phone steady as you were dancing your ass off. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 8, 2015 06:50

The Sicilian
JadedFaded
Hey Sicilian and other warhorse complainers, do you not believe that the Stones' warhorse songs are the greatest rock and roll songs ever written? They are masterpieces. How do you get bored with a masterpiece? Do you go to the Louvre and complain about the continued display of the Mona Lisa? Does that bore you too? Yes, we'd all like more surprises in the set list, but just enjoy the concerts for what they are: the greatest rock and roll band in the world playing the greatest rock and roll songs!

I love Beethoven too. But if all the orchestras only played the Fifth Symphony eventually you would lose interest. That is why the play all nine symphonies and many other concertos and 32 piano sonata's. That is common sense.

But we are not talking about all orchestras, just one orchestra, and one with a conductor that we really like, and this orchestra only plays in our city once every few years, or depending on the city, maybe only once every 10 years, so maybe stay home if you don't want to hear the Fifth that often.

Posted by: dcar00 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 07:09

taz22
UndercoverLovingcup
Tearing it up with the SF rarities I see...BITCH and Brown Sugar out of left Field with a mice Moonlight Mile...two in a row doesn't even qualify as a SF set.

These guys are just forgetting about SF and getting lazier with every show it seems...They may as well call it the GRRRRR!!! Tour part 4

Album Songs
Exile on Main St. 3
Let It Bleed 3
Sticky Fingers 3
Non_Album Singles* 2
Some Girls 2
Beggars Banquet 1
Between the Buttons 1
GRRR! 1
It’s Only Rock ’n Roll 1
Out of Our Heads 1
Tattoo You 1

*JJF and HTW

AGREED!!!

There is no reason in heck that they should be playing Doom and Gloom instead of CYHMK. CYHMK should be in every show setlist on this tour, if this is a tour to promote SF.

I was at the show last night. It was fantastic. My 15 year old son was floored by the warhorse closing, people love it. I think Mick is afraid of too many slower-ish songs. That being said if they put 2 of Sway/Wild Horses/CYHMK/dead flowers(along with Bitch and MM)in the first part of the show and then put ADTL in place of MY it would be a real SF tour and that closing 8-9 songs would be awesome and nobody would go home saying "man too many slow songs." 90% of the crowd loves WH and it is a good sing along. dead flowers is a good sing along as well.

They killed it on GS and Satisfaction. Rambler and SFTD were very good but the other 2 were outstanding.

i was hoping for ADTL, CYHMK, and Little T&A but other than that it was a great show. sound was not the best(I saw them in Austin and the sound was excellent), but I kind of expected it since it is partially enclosed. I'd give it a B. I was in section 209. The crowd was good. I think on Periscope it is really hard to tell.

they were going crazy during GS. I get to see them again in Orlando. we booked a disney trip a while back. I just hope I get a few different songs.

All in all, a very good concert but Voodoo Lounge in the Cotton Bowl(raining) is still the all time highlight back when they played 23+ songs.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 8, 2015 07:12

JadedFaded
Hey Sicilian and other warhorse complainers, do you not believe that the Stones' warhorse songs are the greatest rock and roll songs ever written? They are masterpieces. How do you get bored with a masterpiece?

Actually a few are masterpieces but for the most part, they are not all the greatest songs ever written. Far from it in some cases. But you just don't get it. This show is not a $15 ticket anymore but it has become a $15 show. The sound appears to be very good but so what, I fully expect that. They are very well seasoned professionals with top shelf roadies and sound crew. You don't get points for that. People need to speak out and demand more. They certainly have no problem charging premium ticket prices with no apologies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home