Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: Dallas TX USA 6-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 7, 2015 19:44

Tearing it up with the SF rarities I see...BITCH and Brown Sugar out of left Field with a mice Moonlight Mile...two in a row doesn't even qualify as a SF set.

These guys are just forgetting about SF and getting lazier with every show it seems...They may as well call it the GRRRRR!!! Tour part 4

Album Songs
Exile on Main St. 3
Let It Bleed 3
Sticky Fingers 3
Non_Album Singles* 2
Some Girls 2
Beggars Banquet 1
Between the Buttons 1
GRRR! 1
It’s Only Rock ’n Roll 1
Out of Our Heads 1
Tattoo You 1

*JJF and HTW

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:46

Re the age of audiences - the answer probably isn't arenas, which are pricier and therefore older - it's festivals and other open-air events. A standing crowd and reasonable prices will select a younger age-group, and no ban on getting to the front any way you please, singing, dancing, or generally whooping it up will help, too. Will be interesting to see how they do at the two festival-style dates in the US (oops, one of them is in Canada: sorry.)

As long as it doesn't rain...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 19:47 by Green Lady.

Date: June 7, 2015 19:48

RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Do me a favor. Stay home at the west side when they play Buffalo. Nobody wants miserable people like you at the show.

Hmph...I say it is better than having judgMENTAL f#CKS who cannot deal with a difference of opinion.

This band HAS grown incredibly lazy...even forgetting this is to promote SF...

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:57

fantastic story from Texas on your blog, BV.

Must read for all.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:11

Munichhilton
dcba
Just listening to MM from this show : an incredible version! Jagger's singing is unbelievable!
And yeah judging from the so-so tape that is shared at Dime Arlington seems to be the strongest gig so far...

It was
They were outstanding...Rocks Off was great.
The guitars were just perfect

Glad you had a good show brother! Perfect guitars at a Stones show sounds pretty awesome. Would of course welcome a more detailed report.

peace

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:22

Maybe if they went on before 9pm the crowd could still have some energy? Hard to be of their fan demographics and already be still up for 15 hours or more. By 11pm, I'm ready for bed, not waiting for an encore and then sitting in traffic and home at 1am. I'm 47 and reasonably active, but, by 8pm wherever I may be, I would like a damn chair. Maybe it's just me?

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:47

My first of the tour - mid-floor 1/3 of the way back. They came out smokin'- great performance. Especially great to see Keith fully engaged and throwing out the big riffs throughout. Sound was extremely crisp on the floor - guitars right where they needed to be. Rocks Off was superb - the guitars nailed it. MM was a big stretch and he sang the hell out of it.

Forty years to the day after seeing them at Arrowhead on June 6 1975 - RW's first tour. Next stop - KC on the 27th!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:47

Did anyone see the jerk who threw something at Mick during Rocks Off? He was in front of me and ruined that moment of Mick in front of us....he was so proud of that moment and then spent the rest of the show trying to talk to me and high-five me with his friends...Other than him and his friends, great show!!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:53

waterrats
Did Tim Ries just play that sax solo on MY?
I thought this was Karl's spot, too?

Yes, Tim has taken it over...I think he sounds great

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:56

flacnvinyl
NoCode0680
Aquamarine
Okay, break it to me gently. I was unable to be there tonight because I'm sick--how depressed should I be? I mean, obviously it was a great show because they all are, but how great was it? confused smiley (And I really do hope those who were there had a fantastic time, I'm not that mean!)

I had fun, but it's not the best Stones show I've seen. There seemed to be some sound issues. Guitars were drowned out by drums and bass, until Sympathy came along and Keith's guitar was a mess... and all you could hear. I don't know if it was the venue, the band's sound setup, or a combination of both. The crowd was dead as hell. Three songs in and it looked like the majority of the crowd (except floor level) were already seated. My section sat almost the entire show, except for a few pockets of people. And they kept trying to get us to sit down too. I would bitch about the conservative setlist, but Mick was right not to trust this crowd. Songs like Let's Spend The Night Together and Bitch went right over their head, and when it did they sat down. HTW and Miss You were the only two songs that really seemed to get them going.

Honestly this proves why they should screw the setlist and play anything. If the crowd stayed seated for a greatest hits setlist, then there is no harm in playing a more musically adventurous setlist.

No one pays $350+ to see a band play one song.

No wonder it is the zip code tour, they are mailing it in.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 7, 2015 20:57

little queenie
waterrats

Tim has always done the "Miss You" solo since he took over in Australia, when Bobby Keys was no longer on the tour. Karl is doing Brown Sugar and Can't You Kear Me Knocking. Tim also does keyboards on several songs, so they get pretty busy at times.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:05

BV thought it was best show this tour, others thought it wasn't that good. I think it all depends on where your seats are. As for the crowd sitting, it is definitely in part due to age and the fact that so many Americans are couch potatoes. But Bobby A. wrote in his review that Security was telling him to sit down! That is outrageous. Being told by Security to sit down at a Stones concert is totally unacceptable!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:07

trainarollin
Maybe if they went on before 9pm the crowd could still have some energy? Hard to be of their fan demographics and already be still up for 15 hours or more. By 11pm, I'm ready for bed, not waiting for an encore and then sitting in traffic and home at 1am. I'm 47 and reasonably active, but, by 8pm wherever I may be, I would like a damn chair. Maybe it's just me?

It's not just you.

My Sat May 30 agenda: Woke up 8:00a after only a few hours sleep. Mowed lawn before rain came. Did laundry. Went grocery shopping. Left for stadium at 1:30p. Arrived at remote parking lot at 2:30p. Walked about 1/4 mile just to pay for parking (it was an odd setup), then took a shuttle that dropped me off about 1/2 mile from the stadium. Walked to the stadium, walked to the Lucky Dip booth. Picked up tickets around 3:30p, then walked around and lingered until gates opened. Long walk to seats. Bad seats. Walked to customer service, got better seats. Shopped for merchandise. Long walk to the new seats. By then it was 7:00p and there was no energy left for standing thru a show. Everybody around me also was wore out for many of the same reasons and wanted to sit. What's wrong with wanting to sit after a long day??? I don't have the luxury of devoting a whole day's worth of energy to a concert. I'm almost 62 years old with lots of chores to do. Because of the logistics, ticket prices, and all the drunks, it's to the point I enjoy Broadway musicals way more than rock concerts anyway. Pittsburgh then J. Geils at LC pavillion in September will be my last concerts.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:08

I still think the exorbitantly high ticket prices and floor seating is just putting a damper on the crowd. You need a mix of younger kids with the older calm types to roust it up a bit. Maybe they should split the floor with the front half festival first come first serve standing and the back half slightly elevated with seats. Bring out hoses and water pail for Mick to throw water and confetti at the fans. They badly need some energy and spontaneity at the shows.

Oh lets not forget a 26 song set too. Mix them up, surprise people. Who coordinates these shows anyways? It seems like the first two songs at a wedding, too conservative.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:09

Some quick points from a first timer.
First things first, still not sure how I did it but I was able to self&upgrade from c332 to 129, I really lucked out on thatvaspect, made for a much more enjoyable show.
While the overall comments about the crowd are spot on (I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise considering the venue and the pricing) once again I got lucky some pretty interesting characters in my section, I was able to stand up the whole show with a few people close by doing the same, including the couple next to me, so it wasn't that bad for meme, that being said, it was a bad crowd.
My only set list complain is getting bitch, that song does nothing for me , I was hoping for CYHMK, but knew it wasn't going to happen. I knew from the soundcheck we were getting either heartbreaker or rocks off, would've enjoyed heartbreaker, but rocks off is one of my favorite songs, so I was thrilled and it was great. Also glad that we got LSTNT.

I'll be back with a full review

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:12

relms
NoCode0680
I didn't go overboard on merch, just bought a couple of shirts. The Cowboys Tongue Logo one, and the tour shirt with all the tongue logos on it. I want a poster, but I didn't want to carry it around at the show, figured I'd just order that online.

If you are a fan of Texas that is a great shirt, a great design. I think a better choice than the generic cowboy taking a whiz, or whatever he doing, design.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but you don't have to be one to wear it. I didn't see the whizzing cowboy shirt at any of the merch stands I walked past. But I was going to buy that bundled with the poster anyway.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:23

little queenie
Did anyone see the jerk who threw something at Mick during Rocks Off? He was in front of me and ruined that moment of Mick in front of us....he was so proud of that moment and then spent the rest of the show trying to talk to me and high-five me with his friends...Other than him and his friends, great show!!

what was thrown? an offering? or something to disrupt?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:24

trainarollin

I am considerably older than you, but I never sit at a Stones concert, not even during Keith's numbers. When I see the Stones live, it is the only time I feel like a teenager again. The music energizes me. Of course I take a few Advil before the show to dull the pain in my feet and back from standing and I am exhausted afterward, but during the show, it is all dancing for me! Like I always tell people behind me who complain, look at Keith, you don't see him sitting down, do you, and he's older than you are!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:26

JadedFaded
Bobby A. wrote in his review that Security was telling him to sit down! That is outrageous. Being told by Security to sit down at a Stones concert is totally unacceptable!

it's insane

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:27

trainarollin

and get off my lawn while you're at it grinning smiley

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:44

bv
They took down the house in Arlington/Dallas tonight. The best show of the tour so far.

[www.iorr.org]

Agree. They killed it. I went to San Diego and this show was much better. Plus I met BV, which was great. Glad I was wearing my Rome shirt when we met. Thanks BV for all your work on the website.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2015 22:54

Tim should get the whole show, he has proved he is capable and not a cookie cutter Bobby clone. Respecting Bobby would be leaving his spot empty, not just putting an unrelated musician in his spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 22:58 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2015 22:55

mstmst

Forty years to the day after seeing them at Arrowhead on June 6 1975 - RW's first tour. Next stop - KC on the 27th!

smileys with beer thumbs up

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:07

bv
little queenie
waterrats

Tim has always done the "Miss You" solo since he took over in Australia, when Bobby Keys was no longer on the tour. Karl is doing Brown Sugar and Can't You Kear Me Knocking. Tim also does keyboards on several songs, so they get pretty busy at times.

Thanks for clearing that up! His solo was superb, IMHO. And Karl also is really hittin' the note, he's great.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:13

best show ever...... smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:29

Tim Ries plays keyboards with Matt and Chuck ? 3 keyboards at the same time ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:29

The Sicilian
flacnvinyl
NoCode0680
Aquamarine
!)

No wonder it is the zip code tour, they are mailing it in.

smileys with beer POST OF THE YEAR!!!

Sad, very sad!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:33

Just read your blog BV of your stay here in the DFW metroplex. Very well said and I'm sure another one of those memories you will always cherish once this amazing and incredible journey finally comes to its conclusion. Just another Moonlight Mile on down the road indeed.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:59

Cristiano Radtke
RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Do me a favor. Stay home at the west side when they play Buffalo. Nobody wants miserable people like you at the show.

I read a report earlier this morning from a guy who was kicked off the stadium because he was singing and dancing on the first 20 rows.

Maybe those were not his seats...

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:04

UndercoverLovingcup
Tearing it up with the SF rarities I see...BITCH and Brown Sugar out of left Field with a mice Moonlight Mile...two in a row doesn't even qualify as a SF set.

These guys are just forgetting about SF and getting lazier with every show it seems...They may as well call it the GRRRRR!!! Tour part 4

Album Songs
Exile on Main St. 3
Let It Bleed 3
Sticky Fingers 3
Non_Album Singles* 2
Some Girls 2
Beggars Banquet 1
Between the Buttons 1
GRRR! 1
It’s Only Rock ’n Roll 1
Out of Our Heads 1
Tattoo You 1

*JJF and HTW

AGREED!!!

There is no reason in heck that they should be playing Doom and Gloom instead of CYHMK. CYHMK should be in every show setlist on this tour, if this is a tour to promote SF.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home