Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28
Re: Dallas TX USA 6-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:31

Nikkei
So Jkundl and Bjornulf, that's two happy customers.

BIGGGG Surprise, BV is usually very Critical.

Rolling Stones - Arlington TX, June 6 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:31

Date: June 7, 2015 16:32

Date: June 7, 2015 16:32

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:36

virgil
Nikkei
So Jkundl and Bjornulf, that's two happy customers.

BIGGGG Surprise, BV is usually very Critical.

My analysis isn't lopsided. With NoCode0680 and Rbarnes00 I count two customers not quite satisfied. cool smiley

Date: June 7, 2015 16:38

Superb Images Bye bye Johnny, thanks for sharing 'em. I wonder if L'Wren designed the Snazzy Jacket?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 16:41 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:41

jkundl
Incredible night!! Loved every minute of my 1st Stones Show. Kind of disappointed they didn't play Paint It Black but I did get to hear them do it on Soundcheck! Kind of went overboard on Rolling Stones merchandise but they are my heroes and favorite band of all time. I gotta support them somehow lol. But tonight blew my mind away! I'm hoping to go to Nashville next week to see them! They've got really good seats. If all goes well, I'm gonna be on the floor in the 18th row for about $110! Rock on

thumbs upcool smiley

Go to Nashville.

What did you buy?
How were your seats?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:54

with sssoul
Maindefender
Do Keith and Ronnie change shirts during shows? BV has pics posted on the Arlington zip code page
where both of them have different colors. Didn't realize especially Ron changed during the show.

Yep they sure do

I think they freshen up for the encore.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:00

EasterMan
Stonesfan2146
I think Charlie changed the beat on Start Me Up, sounds really great now, bit like on the 89/90 tours. Great show!

Yes he did, he opens the hi-hat more. GREAT. Last year Start Me Up was miserably dull, so this was a needed change.
I wonder if it was Chuck's idea to change the beat?
He seems to be quite involved in Charlie's drumming.
Look at Chuck conducting Charlie with his left hand 3:03 into this video, appalling stuff ! eye popping smiley :

Yeah you could be right. But maybe it was just show, we dunno. Anyway I agree it sounds really fresh now. They're rockin'! smiling smiley

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:11

The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Do me a favor. Stay home at the west side when they play Buffalo. Nobody wants miserable people like you at the show.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:27

RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Do me a favor. Stay home at the west side when they play Buffalo. Nobody wants miserable people like you at the show.
I doubt that fans are bored, mostly casual followers who are not in tune to the presentation like we are. I'd assume it's warm in Texas and people need to sit. Also the giant stadium hurts the sound and vibe. Judging from Periscope That's a awful place for a concert. It's been my contention all along the band and the audience are better suited for arenas.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:32

bv
They took down the house in Arlington/Dallas tonight. The best show of the tour so far.

[www.iorr.org]

Yay.

Hope to see bv's quote of "best show of the tour so far" repeated a few more times this tour. Love it.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:36

so is can't you hear me knockin now totally gone??

Date: June 7, 2015 17:40

wellalright
so is can't you hear me knockin now totally gone??

I'd repost you a picture but BV wouldn't like it.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:43

EasterMan

Look at Chuck conducting Charlie with his left hand 3:03 into this video, appalling stuff !

Chuck involved in Charlie's drumming?? Hm..
He's just indicating that the song is going to end here.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:52

So much for this being a Sticky Fingers tour!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:58

dcba
Just listening to MM from this show : an incredible version! Jagger's singing is unbelievable!
And yeah judging from the so-so tape that is shared at Dime Arlington seems to be the strongest gig so far...

It was
They were outstanding...Rocks Off was great.
The guitars were just perfect

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:58

"Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience..."

Really? Do you think that's the reason why the audience at Texas (and maybe at other places of North America too) is 2 or 3 times less effusive than the Europe's crowds? The audiences were "on fire" last summer!... Do you the think they performed "Ms Amanda Jones" or "Fortunete Teller" in Rome or in Madrid, then?

If you're looking for an explanation, count other factors (average age of fan base in the States, etc). If you only want to complain about setlists, just try to find other arguments. Because that's NOT an argument, my friend...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:10

RockinJive
The Sicilian
mnewman505

I read a report earlier this morning from a guy who was kicked off the stadium because he was singing and dancing on the first 20 rows.

Date: June 7, 2015 18:11

laertisflash
"Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience..."

Really? Do you think that's the reason why the audience at Texas (and maybe at other places of North America too) is 2 or 3 times less effusive than the Europe's crowds? The audiences were "on fire" last summer!... Do you the think they performed "Ms Amanda Jones" or "Fortunete Teller" in Rome or in Madrid, then?

If you're looking for an explanation, count other factors (average age of fan base in the States, etc). If you only want to complain about setlists, just try to find other arguments. Because that's NOT an argument, my friend...

bit sad because there is truth to this.

Hen-or-egg question:

Does the availability of seats on the field cause a concert crowd to act lame?
or
Is the concert crowd so lame that it requires seats to get through the show?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:36

I feel sorry for Grace Potter. She blew it in Minneapolis, and didn't get a chance to redeem herself.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:47

drbryant
I feel sorry for Grace Potter. She blew it in Minneapolis, and didn't get a chance to redeem herself.

I feel happy for the Stones fans in Texas.

Bjornulf

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:52

latvianinexile
EasterMan

Look at Chuck conducting Charlie with his left hand 3:03 into this video, appalling stuff !

Chuck involved in Charlie's drumming?? Hm..
He's just indicating that the song is going to end here.

No way, the whole thing isn't seen on that video, but on the aud-shot dvd for the concert, you can clearly see how Chuck is cathcing Charlie's eye a few seconds before the song is about to end, and as you see in the video I posted Chuck uses his hand to show Charlie exactly when to hit the final cymbal splash.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:54

roller99
Naturalust
The Sicilian
mnewman505

Don't think it's the predictability in tonights case, they are just not gelling , man. The San Diego and Minneapolis shows were much better, from my remote listening perspective.

Perhaps something to do with the sound in that huge venue. Probably the only way to get a good listening experience in that place would be to give everyone a pair of in ear monitors as they walked in the gate. Someday, someone will probably be doing just that.

peace
Nope. I was at SD and MN and even remote this show sounded great.

I trust that you thought so. Like I said maybe it was just my feed but I thought something seemed off last night. Some good moments to be sure but overall my ears heard a band struggling to keep it together.

I know it's not popular to be anything less than "best show ever" excited about every time they play, but I prefer to think we can be a bit more discriminating here. People here probably have more collective experience and knowledge of Stones music than the entire Dallas audience and I certainly welcome honest analysis, good or bad. Perhaps the YouTube videos will give a better opportunity to truly compare the show to the past few.

peace

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:00

Regarding last nights periscopes. Thank you all. I notice that some phones pick up the bass better than others. Mr. Cocktail had a great phone that picked up the bass nicely and it also had a good zoom that he used to zoom in on the screens. My question is what would be the best phone for scoping? Maybe a thread about all the ins and outs of scoping would be good? It is such a cool new thing.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:15

Nikkei

I wonder if L'Wren designed the Snazzy Jacket?

Dunno, but it would be nice - it would prove once again that she was really talented. What a tragic loss ....

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:16

Nikkei
laertisflash

bit sad because there is truth to this.

Hen-or-egg question:

Does the availability of seats on the field cause a concert crowd to act lame?
or
Is the concert crowd so lame that it requires seats to get through the show?

If you are going to do a greatest hits stadium tour, once again, then you are going to attract an audience that wants to sit (in the US), sometimes to the extent that people who want to stand and dance get hassled.

If they did an arena tour, opened things up a little with the setlist, maybe made it more interesting to people who have seen them before, they would get a lively crowd. I bet an indoor show with some excitement (say a Sticky Fingers mini-set, just to pick something out of the blue) in the same market and the crowd would be suitably enthused.

Date: June 7, 2015 19:16

Great interaction between Mick and Keith last night. Best I've seen it in a long time.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:17

catchinem
Regarding last nights periscopes. Thank you all. I notice that some phones pick up the bass better than others. Mr. Cocktail had a great phone that picked up the bass nicely and it also had a good zoom that he used to zoom in on the screens. My question is what would be the best phone for scoping? Maybe a thread about all the ins and outs of scoping would be good? It is such a cool new thing.

Agree.
How amazing is it to be sitting in the comforts of howe (or wherever) and be watching a live Rolling Stones show?? Extremely.

A thread would be great about the ins and outs of this..
I wanna try to do it from the Quebec show.. plenty of time to learn.. but study up and learn i will have to do...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:27

Thank you for your report on the Dallas show BV. A pleasure to read!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home