Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: Dallas TX USA 6-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:23

Nikkei
shattered
Nikkei
waterrats
Germany... beautiful dawn over her - bright and sunny

sweet summer broke and it's almost time to crash the Waldbühne.

Do you realize that Waldbuhne was a year ago?

Yeah that's why it's almost time again. I can smell it in the air.

Flew to Berlin after work and got to the Hotel at about 1.30 at night. It was a hot, hot day and the concert was wonderful and in such a splendid location>grinning smiley<

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:29

Wow, what a great shot of keith smiling and looking right at the camera from this page>> [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:29

Keef knows who is takin' pics smoking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:35

bv

The best show of the tour so far.

Better than 'Best-Show-Ever' in the Fonda Theatre, LA confused smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:40

The Stones should print the "BEST SHOW EVER" slogan on one of the upcoming tour posters to once and for all stop this confusion.

Date: June 7, 2015 11:43

GlimmerGirl24
relms
alieb
NOOO MR COCKTAIL

We need Debbie Tiger to travel around and go to every show

If only I could. I need to win the lotto. But I do have tickets for Pittsburgh, Milwaukee and Detroit.

This is really good news. A good periscoper like you really makes it a fun concert for folks not at the show. I look forward to seeing you periscoping again.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 7, 2015 12:19

Great photos BV! Hope to see your review soon.

Date: June 7, 2015 12:24

jkundl
Incredible night!! Loved every minute of my 1st Stones Show. Kind of disappointed they didn't play Paint It Black but I did get to hear them do it on Soundcheck! Kind of went overboard on Rolling Stones merchandise but they are my heroes and favorite band of all time. I gotta support them somehow lol. But tonight blew my mind away! I'm hoping to go to Nashville next week to see them! They've got really good seats. If all goes well, I'm gonna be on the floor in the 18th row for about $110! Rock on

I for one would like to see all the fun stuff you bought. I like that kind of thing, so if you want to takes some pictures and show us you going overboard on Stones stuff Id like to see it.

One time I went by myself to an out of town driveable distance Stones show, on the Licks tour I think, and I was prepared to spent $600.00-$700.00 on a killer seat, but it had to be be a good one, like in the first 2-3 rows.

I tried and tried before the show but all that was available on the street was back of floor junk for $300-$400, so I wound up waiting through the opening act and scored a Mount Everest seat for $20.00-$30.00, went inside bought a beer and found a fine selfupgrade place to stand off just off to Ronnie's side in the lower level and it was the best show ever that night.

I had so much fun, my new friends seat mates were awesome and we were partying and having a blast during the whole show. I was so happy afterwards and I had all that money burning a hole in my pocket.

I was feeling fantastic and headed over to the merchandise booth and went crazy. It was kind of before Christmas so I bought myself all sorts of crap. I bought a cool black jean jacket, a cool warm Stones blanket, a bunch of stickers, 3-4 of every $5.00 poster they had, all 4 of the silly bobble heads, a tour book, a couple of great shirts, a beanie winter hat, a baseball cap and some other stuff and I still drove home with a bunch of money and a load of cool Stones stuff. It was fun and I am still delighted about it, except for the bobble heads, I have no idea what I was thinking with them. But they still sit on my shelf unopened in the plastic pak.

So if you would like to show us your fun stufff I would like to see it.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 12:26

I didn't go overboard on merch, just bought a couple of shirts. The Cowboys Tongue Logo one, and the tour shirt with all the tongue logos on it. I want a poster, but I didn't want to carry it around at the show, figured I'd just order that online.

Date: June 7, 2015 12:44

NoCode0680
I didn't go overboard on merch, just bought a couple of shirts. The Cowboys Tongue Logo one, and the tour shirt with all the tongue logos on it. I want a poster, but I didn't want to carry it around at the show, figured I'd just order that online.

If you are a fan of Texas that is a great shirt, a great design. I think a better choice than the generic cowboy taking a whiz, or whatever he doing, design.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:02

Just listening to MM from this show : an incredible version! Jagger's singing is unbelievable!
And yeah judging from the so-so tape that is shared at Dime Arlington seems to be the strongest gig so far...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 13:05 by dcba.

Date: June 7, 2015 13:15

glimmerkkp

--------------------------------

thumbs up

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:22

dcba
Just listening to MM from this show : an incredible version! Jagger's singing is unbelievable!
And yeah judging from the so-so tape that is shared at Dime Arlington seems to be the strongest gig so far...

It's impressing to hear them playing better now than in 2013 thumbs up
Now all they need to do is to drop some unnecessary songs from the setlist (It's Only Rock N Roll) and we could be in for some exciting shows later this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 13:28 by EasterMan.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:25

relms
If you are a fan of Texas that is a great shirt, a great design.
I think a better choice than the generic cowboy taking a whiz, or whatever he doing, design.

[peering hard] I don't think he can be taking a whiz unless he's - well, never mind! eye popping smiley
If I'm not mistaken, he's attempting to demonstrate that he's a man,
by smoking the same cigarettes as certain Rolling Stones

Date: June 7, 2015 13:34

with sssoul
relms
If you are a fan of Texas that is a great shirt, a great design.
I think a better choice than the generic cowboy taking a whiz, or whatever he doing, design.

[peering hard] I don't think he can be taking a whiz unless he's - well, never mind! eye popping smiley
If I'm not mistaken, he's attempting to demonstrate that he's a man,
by smoking the same cigarettes as certain Rolling Stones

Ah, OK. It is kind of hard to tell what he is doing then, he could even be a she.

Date: June 7, 2015 13:37

It could even be that cowgirl Neil Young sung aboout, that appears to be sand in the picture.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:37

relms
Wow, what a great shot of keith smiling and looking right at the camera from this page>> [www.iorr.org]

Do Keith and Ronnie change shirts during shows? BV has pics posted on the Arlington zip code page where both of them have different colors. Didn't realize especially Ron changed during the show.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:40

Maindefender
Do Keith and Ronnie change shirts during shows? BV has pics posted on the Arlington zip code page
where both of them have different colors. Didn't realize especially Ron changed during the show.

Yep they sure do

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:50

dcba

It's available here too: [www.iorr.org] smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:55

Till the next one. Same thing since whow 1989 no ? drinking smiley

Irix
bv

The best show of the tour so far.

Better than 'Best-Show-Ever' in the Fonda Theatre, LA confused smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 13:58 by powerage78.

Posted by: FB ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:55

Looks like another great stones show. And moonlight mile. Cant wait for Orlando next friday. Flying out from Oslo, =)

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 14:33

Naturalust
The Sicilian
mnewman505
I'll have to say of the four stadium shows thus far this crowd is the worst. It's not helping the band's performance.

Maybe because the show is boring. It is so predicable. Everyone knows what song is coming. It's their own fault. They are burning out their own audience.

Don't think it's the predictability in tonights case, they are just not gelling , man. The San Diego and Minneapolis shows were much better, from my remote listening perspective.

Perhaps something to do with the sound in that huge venue. Probably the only way to get a good listening experience in that place would be to give everyone a pair of in ear monitors as they walked in the gate. Someday, someone will probably be doing just that.

peace
Nope. I was at SD and MN and even remote this show sounded great.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:01

NoCode0680
Aquamarine
Okay, break it to me gently. I was unable to be there tonight because I'm sick--how depressed should I be? I mean, obviously it was a great show because they all are, but how great was it? confused smiley (And I really do hope those who were there had a fantastic time, I'm not that mean!)

I had fun, but it's not the best Stones show I've seen. There seemed to be some sound issues. Guitars were drowned out by drums and bass, until Sympathy came along and Keith's guitar was a mess... and all you could hear. I don't know if it was the venue, the band's sound setup, or a combination of both. The crowd was dead as hell. Three songs in and it looked like the majority of the crowd (except floor level) were already seated. My section sat almost the entire show, except for a few pockets of people. And they kept trying to get us to sit down too. I would bitch about the conservative setlist, but Mick was right not to trust this crowd. Songs like Let's Spend The Night Together and Bitch went right over their head, and when it did they sat down. HTW and Miss You were the only two songs that really seemed to get them going.

Honestly this proves why they should screw the setlist and play anything. If the crowd stayed seated for a greatest hits setlist, then there is no harm in playing a more musically adventurous setlist.

No one pays $350+ to see a band play one song.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:11

I think Charlie changed the beat on Start Me Up, sounds really great now, bit like on the 89/90 tours. Great show!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:13

relms

Really! BV, I have to ask, do you think he was looking directly at you? It sure looks like it. smiling smiley

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:26

Stonesfan2146
I think Charlie changed the beat on Start Me Up, sounds really great now, bit like on the 89/90 tours. Great show!

Yes he did, he opens the hi-hat more. GREAT. Last year Start Me Up was miserably dull, so this was a needed change.
I wonder if it was Chuck's idea to change the beat?
He seems to be quite involved in Charlie's drumming.
Look at Chuck conducting Charlie with his left hand 3:03 into this video, appalling stuff ! eye popping smiley :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 15:32 by EasterMan.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:32

Watched some of the show. Very nice, but those upper decks are sooooo high, and with the semi-roof, the sound will bounce around there too. Hope lucky dippers ended up a bit closer to the field.

Rolling Stones - Arlington TX, June 6 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:23

Review: Rolling Stones at AT&T Stadium

Roman A. Peña

by Preston Jones
[email protected]

ARLINGTON - A great many musical giants have traversed North Texas thus far in 2015: Billy Joel; Stevie Wonder; the Who; Rush; Neil Diamond.

Saturday, the biggest yet — the Rolling Stones — lumbered into AT&T Stadium for its first area gig in almost a decade.

The room — Jerry Jones’ billion-dollar sports palace cracked open the roof for the first concert since George Strait christened the place back in 2009 — perfectly fit not only the thousands filling its seats and aisles, but the Stones’ mammoth reputation as one of the last living foundational rock bands upon which so much history stands. (The concert was billed as a sold out affair, but exact numbers weren’t immediately available Saturday; an eyeball estimate put the throng somewhere north of 40,000.)

Simply put, at an age when the Stones should be a fond relic of wilder times, the impossibly lithe Mick Jagger and his astonishingly ageless bandmates — guitarist Keith Richards, defying death with a gleam in his eye; guitarist Ronnie Wood, appearing to be little more than a walking bundle of tendons and the implacable drummer Charlie Watts, his arms and legs in constant motion, keeping the beat like a metronome made flesh — acted like eager upstarts, ripping through more than two hours of hits with gusto.

The magic resided in the moments, the flashes of each individual’s contribution to the whole: Jagger’s oft-imitated, never-duplicated stutter step, bouncing him across the enormous stage set up in the stadium’s east end zone; the practiced detachment of Richards’ guitar playing, his fingers following the neck as much out of habit as musical necessity; the piston-like precision of Watts, stone-faced and steady on.

Jagger slipped easily into the role of host, taking care to welcome guests from all corners of Texas — Arlington, which got short shrift in the run-up to Saturday’s show (the preferred hashtag was #StonesDallas, after all), was among the cities namechecked — and even cracking a few jokes: “I wish I could figure out the name of this stadium — it’s escaping me,” he remarked at one point. “Is it Verizon Stadium? T-Mobile Stadium?”

But his embrace of levity merely filled the spaces between the songs, where his real passions lay.

Watching Jagger, throwing little harmonica stabs at the beginning of Midnight Rambler, physically react to Richards’ downstroke of the song’s indelible riff, as Wood began playing guitar behind Jagger, was to see molecules shift and a chemical reaction transpire before your eyes — the song, from 1969’s Let It Bleed, literally popped to life, a great, churning, greasy blues that built up to a gloriously messy climax.

That sort of interplay was the only real special effect the band needed, although a few fireworks were deployed here and there, along with interstitial videos. Keith Richards, who got two numbers to himself — Before They Make Me Run and Happy — still croaks like a frog on life support, but Jagger was in fine voice throughout, oozing sex appeal and changing his clothes more often than Cher.

The focus, however, stayed mainly where it should have: the Stones’ masterful catalog.

Although the band’s current “ZIP Code” tour is meant to promote the re-release of 1971’s Sticky Fingers (the remastered record arrives in stores Tuesday), the set list didn’t really favor Fingers, with just three cuts — B—, Moonlight Mile and Brown Sugar — being performed.

Joined by a murderer’s row of collaborators, including vocalist Lisa Fischer, pianist Chuck Leavell, bassist Darryl Jones and the University of Texas at Arlington choir, the Stones reeled off one scorcher after another: the show opening Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Tumbling Dice, Let’s Spend the Night Together and Honky Tonk Women had the fans screaming, singing along and straining to snap selfies with the band behind them. (Those seated higher up in the stadium may have been screaming for altogether different reasons: the stadium’s humungous video boards were not turned on Saturday, leaving those in the nosebleeds likely straining to see all the action.)

But it was the final five songs elevating the night into the realm of unforgettable: Miss You spilled into a genuinely hair-raising Gimme Shelter spun into the firecracker Start Me Up which gave way to the sinister, harrowing Sympathy for the Devil (which, unless my ears were playing tricks on me, seemed to be missing its infamous line about the Kennedys) and culminated with Brown Sugar.

A sustained stretch of almost 30 minutes, a brilliant, blistering salvo of rock songs, emanating from this collective of visibly weathered, wizened men — none of whom is younger than 68 — defied all logic and yet, somehow, made total sense.

The only real surprise was just how enthusiastic the Stones seemed.

This year is shaping up to be a sort of long goodbye for local fans of rock music of a certain vintage — a poignant, powerful parade of seminal acts taking one final bow.

That’s not to suggest the Rolling Stones (or any of the other veteran bands that’ve played in DFW thus far in 2015) are bound for imminent retirement, but rather, there’s an overwhelming sense of time’s passage.

Indeed, if you closed your eyes as the Stones roared into yet another hit Saturday, it was possible to feel time stop, if only briefly.

But it wasn’t long before time rushed onward, the past, present and future meshed into a moment you wished would last forever.

Such a visceral sensation gives already emotionally charged events like Saturday’s concert an extra weigh. It’s moving to think the Stones and those of similar stature may not pass this way again.

We are richer for having had the Rolling Stones’ music in our lives.

What impossibly large footprints they leave behind.

[www.star-telegram.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:27

relms
NoCode0680

If you are a fan of Texas that is a great shirt, a great design. I think a better choice than the generic cowboy taking a whiz, or whatever he doing, design.

...Yeah, that 'Lone Star' design makes for one cool Stones shirt... thumbs up

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:30

With Lucky Dip, I got some upper-level seats. I came to Dallas by myself and ended up selling my second LD ticket right before the show. I never even went to my seat; I ended up watching from the main concourse. I was also at Columbus, which, in my opinion, was a better show (better sound, rowdier crowd, better atmosphere). I coincidentally moved to Texas this week, so I wouldn't miss this show, but like others here have said, the crowd just didn't seem into it at Dallas and the sound was not as good as Columbus. That said, I had a great time, the band played and sounded great.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home