Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Zero Goats Head Soup this tour
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:24

So far anyway. Strange they would not build a Heartbreaker or something Star Star just to touch this fine record.

Re: Zero Goats Head Soup this tour
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:34

Star Star is on my permanent wish list!

Date: June 5, 2015 03:41

Only (major) hit from GHS is 'Angie', and Mick's too afraid to do too many ballads/slow songs in one show.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:42

They're saving it for the Comin' Down Again 2020 Tour ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:49

Coming down again is the best track and I don't think that would work well live.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:49

They should do "Hide Your Love" onstage, with Mick kicking Chuck off the piano and doing it himself. smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:50

We'll get Heartbreaker before the tour is done. It will probably magically appear as one of the fan vote winners. I'm guessing Buffalo.

peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2015 03:52

Mick and Darryl should don devil-masks and do dee bump & grind ta Dancin' Wiv MrD

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 5, 2015 04:00

Rockman
Mick and Darryl should don devil-masks and do dee bump & grind ta Dancin' Wiv MrD

Much prefer to see Grace Potter in a bump and grind performance, perhaps during Star Star.

peace

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 5, 2015 04:11

Heartbreaker before the tour ends hopefully. Star Star would be beyond cool.

Date: June 5, 2015 04:12

"Silver Train" with Taylor. ......... Oh,wait. I mean the shadow.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 20:41

silver train
heartbreaker
star star

are songs they should play more.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 20:49

This thread's title looks like, on this tour, they're serving goats head soup with no calories.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:02

Title5Take1
This thread's title looks like, on this tour, they're serving goats head soup with no calories.

I'd have that, as long as nobody get's started about the Gluten...

Date: June 5, 2015 21:02

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:14

Heartbreaker was on the vote list for Columbus. It didn't win.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:32

i'm also concerned that they haven't been playing anything off Dirty Work or Undercover or Black and Blue.

Date: June 5, 2015 21:33

IMO Undercover revealed itself as a total keeper when they smoked on it at the Beacon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 21:34 by Nikkei.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:34

Turner68
i'm also concerned that they haven't been playing anything off Dirty Work or Undercover or Black and Blue.

They shouldn't be playing anything off Dirty Work, they should be playing only 1 or 2 (if they want another Keith one) songs off Undercover, and with regard to B&B I'm in agreement with you...

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 21:54

Nikkei
IMO Undercover revealed itself as a total keeper when they smoked on it at the Beacon.

Undercover was cool during Steel Wheels tour

Date: June 5, 2015 22:07

Stones50
Nikkei

Undercover was cool during Steel Wheels tour

And even "fresh on tour" back then! Playing it today would give a strong statement for their 80s body of work.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 5, 2015 22:49

Turner68

My thoughts exactly. Had It With You needs to be played on the bstage! (they can find a toy drum kit down there, and the band can just crowd around it!) smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 5, 2015 22:57

It was in 1973, the best tour ever with MT as guitar player.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:25

They need to do Tie You Up from UNDERCOVER. All The Way Down would be good too. UOTN is great on the album but poor live.

Good thing they're not doing anything from GHS. After all, they're barely playing anything from this big hyped reissued album. As figured by everyone here, they did the one show playing all the tracks and then went back to the safety net of playing mostly war horses and just 3 SF songs.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:31

GasLightStreet
They need to do Tie You Up from UNDERCOVER. All The Way Down would be good too. UOTN is great on the album but poor live.

Good thing they're not doing anything from GHS. After all, they're barely playing anything from this big hyped reissued album. As figured by everyone here, they did the one show playing all the tracks and then went back to the safety net of playing mostly war horses and just 3 SF songs.

If possible, I would have liked Keith playing piano and singing on "Coming down Again", just for the one moment.....

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:34

I have no desire to hear Heart breaker, but I'm ok with almost anything else from GHS.

Date: June 5, 2015 23:36

Undercover of the Night wasn't that good in '89 or '02, but I maintain that this rendition is on par if not better than the studio version.
It's the full-on three guitar attack with a sh*t hot Ronnie solo and cutting sharp Keith sound. And the best thing of course are the doublebass chorus fills from Charlie.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:39

That was awful, Nikkei! UOTN just doesn't work live. And that one sounds like it's got Tourette's.

Keith doing Coming Down Again would be nice.

Date: June 5, 2015 23:42

Tourettes oh my... Guess they should settle with Too much Blood then. Keith doing You Gotta Move would be nice!

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:50

'Tis to my chagrin that in my two shows thus far ('89 with a pretty nice, deep dive into the catalogue, and '05 with a shorter, war horse and ABB heavy set) GHS was not represented. I've given up hope for that (even the two hits, much less deeper).

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home