Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: Minneapolis MN USA 3-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:26

Anyone pick up on the fact that the Keef-side jumbotron was giving them a hard time? It didn't fully come on until Tumblin Dice.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:27

cmc
Plink
Thanks, RS, for your fab pics and reporting!!thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up. So glad you were able to have such a spectacular experience (and from the front row, no less!). Memories to last a lifetime, to be sure smiling smiley.

Thanks also to cmc, roller99, Hendrik & BV for the excellent pics & reporting!

My pleasure Plink. Not sure that I've ever had such an exciting three days! Milwaukee, here I come!!!!!

cmc, please tell RS to post a review of every concert. Her unjaded enthusiasm is contagious! smiling smiley

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:41

alieb

cmc, please tell RS to post a review of every concert. Her unjaded enthusiasm is contagious! smiling smiley

I will do that alieb!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:25

cmc
The quality does not compare with photos by roller99 and latvian, however, it seems shareworthy IMO. At this moment, Ronnie had crossed over to Keith's side.

It isn't about the quality my friend, it's about capturing a memory, with phones, ears and hearts. Your pictures are perfect!

Date: June 6, 2015 04:39

roller99

It isn't about the quality my friend, it's about capturing a memory, with phones, ears and hearts. Your pictures are perfect!

Thank you!

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:44

cmc
5stringTele
Sorry, but I have to ask both cmc and stonesfrkk: did you get into the soundcheck, and if so, how?
I did not get in, however, I was able to listen outside the gate about 100 feet behind the stage. In the pic below you see the stage. The people running in the rain are the choir members. They had just finished the final song of the check YCAGWYW. Both stonesfrkk and Cristiano had alerted me (text and email) that the check was to begin at 5. Thanks to both of them, I made it in time. There were only a few other people listening in the area due to the rain. I was soaking wet.
Thanks for the reply, cmc. I wonder if 5pm will be the soundcheck time for all of the cities. IIRC, 5pm was listed on both of the rundown sheets I've seen from this tour.

Who wants to volunteer to stream a soundcheck on periscope? smoking smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 6, 2015 05:18

Very nice pics Latvian.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 6, 2015 05:20

cmc
tauk

I've just now decided the next RS concert that I go to I'm going to bring along with me an 11 year old kid & be sure to be in front row where M & K can clearly see my guest! Ya, I'll have to pay double but the chance of getting any souvenir(s) will be worth it-just gotta make sure the kid plays by the rules with me!

Not just any 11 year old. An 11 year old cute girl... winking smiley

thumbs up I guess I'll probably have to add this scenario as one of the drawbacks of my never having had children. Rats! Unless I can bribe someone else's kid (but they can't be such a fan as to not share their gifts from the RS with me) grinning smiley

Date: June 6, 2015 07:48

Date: June 6, 2015 07:49

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 6, 2015 12:03

Plink
Thank you, Latvian, for more amazing pics!smiling smileythumbs up I have a couple of questions I hope you wont mind answering:

1. Aside from 2012-present, what other Stones tours have you photographed?
2. Do you have an online gallery where fans can see older images?
3. You get such a large quantity of excellent shots per show - are you shooting most of the time?

BTW, I think some of the wonderful images I've seen taken by IORR's talented photographers would be great source material for Ronnie Wood paintings. It would also be cool to have a proper book of the best pro-calibur shots.

Thanks Plink and everyone else for the kind words. I have photos from the Bigger Bang Tour. Some of them made it to this book [www.rollingstonesarchive.com]
scroll down. And some Keith pics made it to the Brazilian edition of Guitar Player Magazine. All complimentary.

Sorry, no gallery.

I'm not shooting all the time, otherwise I would not be able to enjoy the shows. I'm home now, will be back for Milwaukee.

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: June 6, 2015 14:38

Beast
strat72
Salan
Sorry, if already posted: Gimme Shelter with Grace Potter:

Who the hell is Grace Potter? Why is she on stage with The Stones? Would she be there if she wasn't attractive? What a train wreck!

Enough with the shitty guests please Jagger.....

Maybe this video doesn't do Grace Potter justice - I wouldn't know as I'd never heard of her before - but judging by the video alone, she does not have what it takes to pull off one of the greatest songs ever written. Sorry, Grace Potter fans...

This gal does and it shows in Mick's reactions at the close of the song. OK, I'm biased because I was lucky enough to be there, but she was easily the best GMS guest I've ever seen - unforgettable, in fact. The crowd went nuts. Sorry, I don't know how to put a video up on here but here's the link:

[www.youtube.com]

Goosebumps...she even did the mary clayton 'shriek'. lot's of feeling in there..that's what the song is all about. feeling lost..great playing too! keith menacing as ever..ronnie's got his back.Mick inspired.. Love it!

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:45

Date: June 6, 2015 19:47

Date: June 6, 2015 19:50

Date: June 6, 2015 20:09

thumbs up Fantastic photos jimpietrygal

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:48

cmc

Beautiful indeed - thank you for sharing them

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:57

with sssoul
cmc

Beautiful indeed - thank you for sharing them

what with sssoul said!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:20

latvianinexile
Plink
Thank you, Latvian, for more amazing pics!smiling smileythumbs up I have a couple of questions I hope you wont mind answering:

1. Aside from 2012-present, what other Stones tours have you photographed?
2. Do you have an online gallery where fans can see older images?
3. You get such a large quantity of excellent shots per show - are you shooting most of the time?

BTW, I think some of the wonderful images I've seen taken by IORR's talented photographers would be great source material for Ronnie Wood paintings. It would also be cool to have a proper book of the best pro-calibur shots.

Thanks Plink and everyone else for the kind words. I have photos from the Bigger Bang Tour. Some of them made it to this book [www.rollingstonesarchive.com]
scroll down. And some Keith pics made it to the Brazilian edition of Guitar Player Magazine. All complimentary.

Sorry, no gallery.

I'm not shooting all the time, otherwise I would not be able to enjoy the shows. I'm home now, will be back for Milwaukee.

Haha. Now I am home as well. And go to Milwaulee for my last ZIP CODE show.
See you there.smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 12:28

Yes, I think they should stop playing this one. Off course a classic but Keith solo is really painful.

TheBlockbuster
powerage78
Oh my god... sad smiley

Redhotcarpet
Ronnie and Keith should share that solo. Let Ronnie have a go at it ffs.

Shocking...
Hard to believe this inspired version with a great solo by Keith was only two years ago:

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: June 7, 2015 13:14

powerage78
Yes, I think they should stop playing this one. Off course a classic but Keith solo is really painful.

TheBlockbuster
powerage78
Oh my god... sad smiley

Redhotcarpet
Ronnie and Keith should share that solo. Let Ronnie have a go at it ffs.

Shocking...
Hard to believe this inspired version with a great solo by Keith was only two years ago:

painfully beautifull i'd say...less is more..nobody bends a string like keith..he is as unique as BB king in that way. I don't know, I just love that sound he makes

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:07

More great pics by Jim Pietryga & Roller99!

BTW, Roller99, I checked out the your wix site - wonderful shots of Joe Strummer and many other well-known artists thumbs up

Date: June 8, 2015 11:25

Latvian, thanks for answering my questions. Very cool that you've had some of your Stones pics published thumbs up. I'll be attending the Milwaukee show as well and I'm beyond excited! smiling bouncing smiley

You may already know this, but on the Marcus Amp. FAQ page, the camera policy is as follows:

No cameras or recording devices of any type are allowed into the Marcus Amphitheater. There are rare exceptions to this rule at the discretion of the artist(s) performing, however in the vast majority of cases, the answer is no.
[marcusamp.com]

I hope that you, BV, and all other IORRians who wish to photograph the gig can find a way to successfully smuggle a camera past security, if necessary.

Date: June 8, 2015 11:48

Plink
More great pics by Jim Pietryga & Roller99!

BTW, Roller99, I checked out the your wix site - wonderful shots of Joe Strummer and many other well-known artists thumbs up

Thank you Plink! Now I just need to figure out how to take this to the next step. Maybe Latvian can give me some advice. What a great community!

Date: June 8, 2015 12:44

^^^^
It's been fun to follow your progression from "I'm not that big a fan" to "Hooked on the Stones!". Best of luck w/ taking your concert photography to the next level thumbs up. Are you planning to photograph any other gigs on this tour?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2015 13:52

Great job by Grace Potter on gimmie shelter !!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 15:02

Keith just can't play anymore a good solo during SFTD... Just that.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 8, 2015 16:12

Plink
^^^^
It's been fun to follow your progression from "I'm not that big a fan" to "Hooked on the Stones!". Best of luck w/ taking your concert photography to the next level thumbs up. Are you planning to photograph any other gigs on this tour?

Yes, I need to see and photograph more Stones shows. I'm an uber fan now, I am possessed.

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 8, 2015 16:46

kpzinn
Thought is was a great show last night. Had 6th row seats on Keith's side. General thoughts:

1) I thought the sound was amazing. Could clearly hear guitars and had the proper mix. I've been to many shows in arenas, theaters, and stadiums, and typically I can never hear the guitars loud & clearly enough with vocals tending to dominate. Not last night. Perfect sound mix.

2) They have not lost a step at all. They are in top form. I'm amazed at Mick giving 100% and going all over the place as if he's 30 years old. Amazing.

3) Was great to hear Moonlight Mile (a highlight for me) and Out of Control. Midnight Rambler was super. Loved the really slow-down feel from Keith's guitar on Honkey Tonk. First time I've seen You Can't Always with choir.

4) Grace Potter is no Lisa Fisher on Gimme Shelter.

That was you? I had 4th seat Keith's side?

-RS

Posted by: kpzinn ()
Date: June 8, 2015 17:19

Yeah that was me I think. I was in Section B, Row 6, Seat 4. Amazing seats. Was talking a lot to the guy in row 7 right behind me and in row 6 beside me. Great Stones fans there!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home