Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: Minneapolis MN USA 3-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 4, 2015 21:04

Still got two pieces of Hyde Park confetti. How sad is that?[/quote]

I obviously believe holding on to things like confetti is a bit over the top?..

peace[/quote]

I still have some confetti. It's in a closet somewhere. Every time I see it, I just can't bring myself to toss it. Not a big deal. It doesn't take up a lot of room.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 4, 2015 21:09

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 4, 2015 21:10

JadedFaded

I still have some confetti. It's in a closet somewhere. Every time I see it, I just can't bring myself to toss it. Not a big deal. It doesn't take up a lot of room.

The confetti keepers are coming out of the closet! grinning smiley

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 21:33 by Naturalust.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 22:03

Have to say played that Gimme Shelter several times,
Think Grace did great, clearly Mick was expecting her to do more and she was waiting on Mick's lead, other than that, I liked it a lot.

Date: June 4, 2015 22:06

On the subject of Grace;
does anyone know the setlist she played>?

Date: June 4, 2015 22:15

jrcjohnny99
On the subject of Grace;

Even setlist.com doesn't have anything up except Paris (oh la la). I guess we'll have to hear from one of the couple hundred who actually saw the set. It was indeed sad and strange to see pictures of her performing to all those empty seats.

peace

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 4, 2015 22:17

Nikkei
RS
Nikkei
@RS wow great pictures! looks like you were pretty close to the action!

FloorB Front Row, 4 Seat!

-RS

Nothing tops Keith Side, ay? Awesome that you got a pick! And a Jagger one too, those are rare smoking smiley

I've just now decided the next RS concert that I go to I'm going to bring along with me an 11 year old kid & be sure to be in front row where M & K can clearly see my guest! Ya, I'll have to pay double but the chance of getting any souvenir(s) will be worth it-just gotta make sure the kid plays by the rules with me!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 4, 2015 22:17

(photo by BV)

Date: June 4, 2015 22:21

Naturalust
jrcjohnny99
On the subject of Grace;

Even setlist.com doesn't have anything up except Paris (oh la la). I guess we'll have to hear from one of the couple hundred who actually saw the set. It was indeed sad and strange to see pictures of her performing to all those empty seats.

peace

Yeah, I'm assuming she did "Stars", "Alive Tonight" and "Medicine"; the rest couold be anything...hopefully someone taped her set....

Date: June 4, 2015 22:21

Nikkei
[www.fasthorseinc.com]

Here's some contemplations by one Andrew Miller, a man wo regrets missing out on the concert:

It’s 6:30 a.m. as I write this and I am staring regret in the face.
It didn’t have to be this way. I could have gone on Craigslist last night, found a seller, withdrew $150 from an ATM, arranged a hand-off, then gone on to experience one of the most memorable nights of my life.

What in the hell stopped me from going to see The Rolling Stones show last night at TCF Bank Stadium, mere miles from my front porch, for what was almost certainly the last time Mick & Co. performed in the Twin Cities? This isn’t the first time I’ve passed on going to an expensive concert — then regretted not going. I’ve always found it difficult to plop down mega bucks for just a few hours of entertainment. But according to mounting scientific evidence, my judgment is completely backward.

Dr. Thomas Gilovich, a professor of psychology at Cornell, has studied the correlation between money and happiness for nearly two decades. According to Gilovich’s research, there is no denying that buying material items makes us happy, but the feeling is fleeting. We adapt. We get used to that new Cadillac, big-screen TV or credenza. But for sustainable happiness and an ongoing sense of fulfillment, experiences have a much better ROI.“Our experiences are a bigger part of ourselves than our material goods,” said Gilovich in a recent Fast Company article. “You can really like your material stuff. You can even think that part of your identity is connected to those things, but nonetheless they remain separate from you. In contrast, your experiences really are part of you. We are the sum total of our experiences.”

One would think this finding exclusively pertain to good experiences. Fear of a rainy evening or a sleepy performance certainly factored into why I passed on the Stones show. Could’ve been a bummer. But bad experiences, it turns out, can also provide us happiness in the long run. According to the same Fast Company article, one study conducted by Gilovich even showed that if people have an experience they say negatively impacted their happiness, once they have the chance to talk about it, their assessment of that experience goes up.

So, maybe you’re reading this and you’re a little hungover. Your feet hurt from standing on the wet FieldTurf for five hours, your ears hurt from the wailing of Ronnie Wood’s guitar, you wish they would’ve played “Paint It Black” and you’re thinking about all of the things you won’t do this weekend to offset the expensive concert ticket. Well, you played your cards right. Science says go ahead and enjoy the memory of last night for the rest of your life. I’m going to check the upcoming concert schedule now."

-It picks up on some thoughts recently posted about the private show.

@Naturalust Guess you feel different when it's your first.

Thank you for posting this info. It really makes me feel better.
I think I will print this, frame it & hang it on a wall so I can be reminded of the message. thumbs up

Date: June 4, 2015 22:25

RS

FloorB Front Row, 4 Seat!

-RS

All I can say young lady is that your dad must really love you! I am of course assuming you didn't pay for those seats with babysitting money. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 22:38

I'll admit to pocketing confetti.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 4, 2015 22:44

Sounds like a show to be at

Bitch

another Bitch (incomplete)

Midnight Rambler (one to be loved)

Sympathy

You can't & I can't get no

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 23:08 by maumau.

Date: June 4, 2015 22:48

Moonlight Mile

Date: June 4, 2015 22:52

[vimeo.com] think I know where some of that starry sky footage comes from

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: June 4, 2015 23:03

TLTBTB
Never Go Back
Alive Tonight
Mary
Medicine
Paris

Posted by: konashi100 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 23:05

Same style but the star shots behind Moonlight Mile were done by Gavin Heffernan (SunchaserPictures.com) and Harun Mehmedinovic (Bloodhoney.com). Link here: [www.sunchaserpictures.com]

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 4, 2015 23:16

I still have confetti from my first show in Orlando 1997 during Brown Sugar. I was amazed it covered the whole stadium blowing out from the stage and I was able to get some at my seat in the very back, upper level. It was my piece of the show to be able to take home with me in addition to the memories.

Date: June 4, 2015 23:17

konashi100
Same style but the star shots behind Moonlight Mile were done by Gavin Heffernan (SunchaserPictures.com) and Harun Mehmedinovic (Bloodhoney.com). Link here: [www.sunchaserpictures.com]

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of accurate and informed answers we get to some pretty obscure stuff here on IORR. Excellent first post konashi100. Are you involved with this somehow?

peace

Date: June 4, 2015 23:22

Steven
TLTBTB
Never Go Back
Alive Tonight
Mary
Medicine
Paris

Brilliant; thx!

Date: June 4, 2015 23:26

Wish she was opening in ATL. Grace is the real deal even if she went pop on the new CD. She's covered Stones songs for years.

Date: June 4, 2015 23:30

Grace boards complaining her mic was too low in the mix. The voice of an angel who belt it out and rock with the best.

Date: June 4, 2015 23:34

@MickJagger Merci, Minnesota and you magnificent Minneapolitans for much magnanimous munificence !! #StonesMinny

[twitter.com]

Date: June 4, 2015 23:40

mnewman505

How about some short rhymes?

I'd admit
to keeping Mick's spit *(see footnote)

M J!
DNA !!
iorr makes my day!!!
(not intended as a "cheer" Per Se !!!!)

*Footnote: MJ spat on stage floor during singing at San Diego. I think I'll gift him a RS tongue logo'd spitoon at my next concert.

Thanks for listening.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 00:03 by tauk.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 4, 2015 23:56

tauk
mnewman505

I'd admit

M J!
DNA !!
iorr makes my day!!!

*Footnote: MJ spat on stage floor during singing at San Diego. I think I'll gift him a RS tongue logo'd spitoon at my next concert.

Man, is this descending into the toilet awful fast. Like I said, there are cheerleaders and worshipers, far behind the rational fan.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: June 4, 2015 23:57

forsure
well I'm doing it, so it's not a) impossiable, nor is it b) apples and oranges. Different style yes, but the concept can be applied via any band. Play the same list night after night, or mix it up and keep things interesting and exciting. Extend your crowd base some credit that they can grasp that you as musician don't want to play the same song night after night after night due to bordome, so guess what folks, you might not get satisfaction tonight. It is too late in the game anyways and I still go, but there is no reason other than lazyness that they can't have a rotating list of 60-70 songs to draw from each night. I hope I don't get Columbuse'd in Orlando, Pitt, Buffalo and Quebec City (edit- and don't get me wrong, I had a freaking BLAST in Columbus)

No disrespect as I would love for them to mix up the set list but the rehearsals would be longer than the tour to dip into a 60-70 song rotation. They have shown in the past to vary the set list on the 40 Licks tour for example but they seem to be on a tried and true course now.

Date: June 5, 2015 00:24

The Sicilian
tauk
mnewman505

I'd admit

M J!
DNA !!
iorr makes my day!!!

Man, is this descending into the toilet awful fast. Like I said, there are cheerleaders and worshipers, far behind the rational fan.

Oh hey, there you are, Sicilian. I was hoping you'd come out, I was starting to feel lonely.

It's recess period now at this School, Fun trumps the rational now.

And we're encouraged to use the restroom now, fast, before class. (I don't even like the word Toilet, kinda yucky sounding).

In class here at Rolling Stone University, I often become all rational. Of course this is just my Imaginary University but I love being back in college,it's like a natural state to me. And not for just the fun, but to learn & research things of interest to me which has been 100% RS for 6 months now.

Sicilian, I happen to be a person who is multi-faceted, flexible, and equally parts rational and emotional. They're not mutually exclusive you know.

In fact, recently, someone else here remarked (I'm paraphrasing)
that sometimes this site becomes too serious & likened it to a "book club."

So, in the interest of not turning you off with "cheerleading/worshipping", I'll risk putting some people to sleep with my Book Club type of thoughts

It seems you are really feeling let down & frustrated by the chronically repetitive set lists and lack of new material. But please, don't let your frustration cause you to insult posters who either don't agree with you or who you think don't agree with you.

I suppose if I had ever had the chance, or if I ever get the chance, to see multiple RS concerts over a span of many years, possibly I'd feel frustrated too..don't know 'cos that's not my experience so far...
This is the 2nd time I've seen you make a derogatory remark re. what you've labelled as "cheerleaders & worshippers". You use a very, put-down, insulting manner.
But are there really that any people like that on this iorr.org site? I don't think I've noticed any myself. But you seem to have, and seem to be tired of
them.

Re. the Stones, I've not just listened to most of their work & blindly become a "cheerleader" or "worshipper" as you seem to consider me. My rhyme really just evolved very spontaneously, and at the end of it I realized the rhyming part sounded like what a cheerleader might say so I added my little subscript after it. I'm sorry if I misled you about me.

The truth is, in the pursuit of me wanting to form an objective-as-possible/ "rational" opinion of the RS, I've been reading every single music review of the RS music that I can get my hands on. Not just album reviews, but every single song that I can locate a review for. I go to the public library (out of my way walking, I don't have a car) to find the original magazines, & books & professional journals that have Reviews, Academic journal articles and interviews with RS. My sister even remarks about how I am "doing research" on the RS. She often doesn't perceive me accurately, but she sure got that right.

A person who blindly is a "cheerleader" or, for whatever reason "worships" any rock band I would think probably doesn't study up on the RS. probably would only read gossip stuff, etc.

But of course the thing about music, it is primarily, I think, an emotional experience more so than a rational one. Hence, the postings that sometimes might look like the writer doesn't discriminate or have "rational" opinions.

The Lyrics are what I find most interesting and important to me to "study" re. The Stones.
Contrasting the RS music, including lyrics, with other music of the same time periods is helpful in gaining a broader perspective. Also topics such as the complex interplay back & forth, between the broader socio-political environment in play at any given point in their songwriting careers, the nature of their own personal lives & emotional perspective and the influence of Stones' music and personal image possible effect on that environment...you know, which comes first, the chicken-or-the-egg type of concepts.

Ascertaining the possible intended meaning and my personal response to the lyrics is important to me in formulating my rational opinion of their work.

It's much the same as studying any type of Literature/Poetry.

When it comes to music, which I listen to for several hours daily, I judge what I like & want to be influenced by in re. to the lyrics rather than blindly taking it all into my conscious/sub-conscious. I don't want to feed my brain & emotions with unnecessary negativity or banality. It's called "Hit the Delete button" on any songs I may find I'm better off without. That's a sign of discerning, rational thought.

Sometimes when I'm tired or just want a fun activity my posts might seem like a dumb "behind" irrational, unthinking "cheerleader or worshipper." And I most certainly am not wanting to stop doing the fun picture postings, rhymes, cheers, etc.
But could I ask you, please, to stop insulting me for it?

Whether or not there are posters here who are "cheerleaders & worshippers" or at least that you perceive that way has no effect whatsoever on what setlists or new material the RS choose to do/not do. But you act that you think there's a correlation there? There's no correlation there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 05:15 by tauk.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 5, 2015 00:29

PalaisRoyale
forsure
well I'm doing it, so it's not a) impossiable, nor is it b) apples and oranges. Different style yes, but the concept can be applied via any band. Play the same list night after night, or mix it up and keep things interesting and exciting. Extend your crowd base some credit that they can grasp that you as musician don't want to play the same song night after night after night due to bordome, so guess what folks, you might not get satisfaction tonight. It is too late in the game anyways and I still go, but there is no reason other than lazyness that they can't have a rotating list of 60-70 songs to draw from each night. I hope I don't get Columbuse'd in Orlando, Pitt, Buffalo and Quebec City (edit- and don't get me wrong, I had a freaking BLAST in Columbus)

No disrespect as I would love for them to mix up the set list but the rehearsals would be longer than the tour to dip into a 60-70 song rotation. They have shown in the past to vary the set list on the 40 Licks tour for example but they seem to be on a tried and true course now.
yep yep, agreed and understood. that is the last I'll say about it. Don't want to be the setlist whiner guy. going to five more shows. just hope in those i catch a one or a few of moonlight mile, all down the line, cyhmk, OOC. Otherwise, I can't stand waiting until next Friday in Orlando. Gonna be a long ass week

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 00:36

MJ78
EddieByword
forsure
i'm talking about their approach to the music. they obviously have earned it and do what the F they want. I go, i have fun, I love it. To spend all that money and time on doing this as a hobby is it no OK to wish for more?

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding you............smileys with beer

MORE MORE MORE.
A life of excess. That is what the Stones are all about.

Sex, Drugs and The Rolling Stones.

Don't think The Stones have been about "a life of excess" for about 40 years. They are the most controlled, tightly choreographed outfit in rock'n'roll.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 00:39

Salan
Sorry, if already posted: Gimme Shelter with Grace Potter:

Who the hell is Grace Potter? Why is she on stage with The Stones? Would she be there if she wasn't attractive? What a train wreck!

Enough with the shitty guests please Jagger.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 00:40 by strat72.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home