Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28
Re: Minneapolis MN USA 3-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 4, 2015 19:12

Nikkei
RS
Nikkei
@RS wow great pictures! looks like you were pretty close to the action!

FloorB Front Row, 4 Seat!

-RS

Nothing tops Keith Side, ay? Awesome that you got a pick! And a Jagger one too, those are rare smoking smiley

2 MICK JAGGER PICKS!

-RS

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 4, 2015 19:14

Seems I'm kind of slow today, one could have told from your other pic already that it was two grinning smiley

Date: June 4, 2015 19:16

Keith and Ronnie were amazing, and Jagger on the harmonica? Oh my god. Ronnie started smoking while playing his guitar at one point. I will work on getting some videos up tomorrow. I have a busy day today so won't be on until the evening.

-RS

Date: June 4, 2015 19:17

Nikkei
Seems I'm kind of slow today, one could have told from your other pic already that it was two grinning smiley

Do you have any picks from Ronnie, Keith, or Jagger?

-RS

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 4, 2015 19:19

mnewman505
Lots of complaints about the quality of the sound. Many people are saying U2 sounded much better at the same venue.

There are large areas where the PA system just didn't reach the audience. The main problematic areas being the far back side areas of the upper deck. I miss the ABB sound system and stage. This one is weak on all levels.

Date: June 4, 2015 19:20

RS
Nikkei

-RS

I have gotten one from Keef last year! One of my best moments at a show. My dad has some from earlier tours, but they have the date and town on them instead of band members.

Date: June 4, 2015 19:22

Nikkei
RS
Nikkei

-RS

I have gotten one from Keef last year! One of my best moments at a show. My dad has some from earlier tours, but they have the date and town on them instead of band members.

That's so cool! I would like to have a Keith pick. I'm unsure if he threw any out last night. If he did I may have missed it since I was rocking out!

-RS

Date: June 4, 2015 19:24

Hey Nikkei are you going to Milwaukee or Kansas?

-RS

Date: June 4, 2015 19:26

Ronnie does it the most often. He has a pro technique of flipping them far out. There are even ones with Charlies name on it.
I would really love to go, but I am in Europe and flying over is too expensive for me-.-

Date: June 4, 2015 19:32

Nikkei
Ronnie does it the most often. He has a pro technique of flipping them far out. There are even ones with Charlies name on it.
I would really love to go, but I am in Europe and flying over is too expensive for me-.-

Ronnie flipped one but everyone scrambled for it and it fell through a hole.

-RS

Date: June 4, 2015 19:34

Yeah the scrambling can get funny! I got offered 50€ mere seconds after I caught mine >grinning smiley<

Date: June 4, 2015 19:38

That's awesome, I would never give mine up.

-RS

Date: June 4, 2015 19:39

Of course! Told the guy "Yeah, so what do you dream at night, then?" eye rolling smiley

Date: June 4, 2015 19:44

Nikkei
Of course! Told the guy "Yeah, so what do you dream at night, then?" eye rolling smiley

Haha!

-RS

Posted by: kpzinn ()
Date: June 4, 2015 19:47

Thought is was a great show last night. Had 6th row seats on Keith's side. General thoughts:

1) I thought the sound was amazing. Could clearly hear guitars and had the proper mix. I've been to many shows in arenas, theaters, and stadiums, and typically I can never hear the guitars loud & clearly enough with vocals tending to dominate. Not last night. Perfect sound mix.

2) They have not lost a step at all. They are in top form. I'm amazed at Mick giving 100% and going all over the place as if he's 30 years old. Amazing.

3) Was great to hear Moonlight Mile (a highlight for me) and Out of Control. Midnight Rambler was super. Loved the really slow-down feel from Keith's guitar on Honkey Tonk. First time I've seen You Can't Always with choir.

4) Grace Potter is no Lisa Fisher on Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 4, 2015 19:55

Nikkei
Yeah the scrambling can get funny! I got offered 50€ mere seconds after I caught mine >grinning smiley<

Sold! We are talking about a tiny piece of plastic here right? It ain't gonna make you play like Mick Keith or Ronnie. But what the hell, I guess it's a step above holding on to things like confetti. grinning smiley

peace

Date: June 4, 2015 19:55

[www.fasthorseinc.com]

Here's some contemplations by one Andrew Miller, a man wo regrets missing out on the concert:

It’s 6:30 a.m. as I write this and I am staring regret in the face.
It didn’t have to be this way. I could have gone on Craigslist last night, found a seller, withdrew $150 from an ATM, arranged a hand-off, then gone on to experience one of the most memorable nights of my life.

What in the hell stopped me from going to see The Rolling Stones show last night at TCF Bank Stadium, mere miles from my front porch, for what was almost certainly the last time Mick & Co. performed in the Twin Cities? This isn’t the first time I’ve passed on going to an expensive concert — then regretted not going. I’ve always found it difficult to plop down mega bucks for just a few hours of entertainment. But according to mounting scientific evidence, my judgment is completely backward.

Dr. Thomas Gilovich, a professor of psychology at Cornell, has studied the correlation between money and happiness for nearly two decades. According to Gilovich’s research, there is no denying that buying material items makes us happy, but the feeling is fleeting. We adapt. We get used to that new Cadillac, big-screen TV or credenza. But for sustainable happiness and an ongoing sense of fulfillment, experiences have a much better ROI.“Our experiences are a bigger part of ourselves than our material goods,” said Gilovich in a recent Fast Company article. “You can really like your material stuff. You can even think that part of your identity is connected to those things, but nonetheless they remain separate from you. In contrast, your experiences really are part of you. We are the sum total of our experiences.”

One would think this finding exclusively pertain to good experiences. Fear of a rainy evening or a sleepy performance certainly factored into why I passed on the Stones show. Could’ve been a bummer. But bad experiences, it turns out, can also provide us happiness in the long run. According to the same Fast Company article, one study conducted by Gilovich even showed that if people have an experience they say negatively impacted their happiness, once they have the chance to talk about it, their assessment of that experience goes up.

So, maybe you’re reading this and you’re a little hungover. Your feet hurt from standing on the wet FieldTurf for five hours, your ears hurt from the wailing of Ronnie Wood’s guitar, you wish they would’ve played “Paint It Black” and you’re thinking about all of the things you won’t do this weekend to offset the expensive concert ticket. Well, you played your cards right. Science says go ahead and enjoy the memory of last night for the rest of your life. I’m going to check the upcoming concert schedule now."

-It picks up on some thoughts recently posted about the private show.

@Naturalust Guess you feel different when it's your first.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 20:15 by Nikkei.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 4, 2015 19:57

Congratulations on the picks, RS!!!

I have a nice pick collection (sadly, sans-Stones) going back to the early 1970s, and they were all collected at concerts. You'll never see me selling a single one on eBay ... NEVER!

I use cardboard coin collectors' sleeves to store and preserve them. They fit nicely into plastic binder sheets for 35mm slides. You can store 20 per page and put the pages into a 3-ring binder (once your collection warrants).

Here are some examples on eBay, but you may or may not be able to find them cheaper, not to mention smaller quantities (I'm not endorsing this seller at all, just the style of coin holder).

(Hope the links work)

Cardboard 2x2 Coin Holder Mylar Flips for Silver Dollars

Again, Congrats, RS!!! Don't sell those picks to anybody. I despise people who fight for guitar picks and drum sticks thrown into the audience, just so they can sell them on eBay (sorry ... you don't want to get me started on eBay bottom-feeders).

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:04

Interesting that 'Bitch' was the fan vote and it appeared in its normal #6 spot and that Out of Control made an appearance in the spot (#8) of the setlist that is usually reserved for the fan vote song.

Date: June 4, 2015 20:07

Nikkei
[www.fasthorseinc.com]

Here's some contemplations by one Andrew Miller, a man wo regrets missing out on the concert: Sympathy For The Dummy, Posted by by Andrew Miller on June 4, 2015 in Creativity.

<-S-N-I-P-> This isn’t the first time I’ve passed on going to an expensive concert — then regretted not going. I’ve always found it difficult to plop down mega bucks for just a few hours of entertainment. But according to mounting scientific evidence, my judgment is completely backward.

Dr. Thomas Gilovich, a professor of psychology at Cornell, has studied the correlation between money and happiness for nearly two decades. According to Gilovich’s research, there is no denying that buying material items makes us happy, but the feeling is fleeting. We adapt. We get used to that new Cadillac, big-screen TV or credenza. But for sustainable happiness and an ongoing sense of fulfillment, experiences have a much better ROI.

“Our experiences are a bigger part of ourselves than our material goods,” said Gilovich in a recent Fast Company article. “You can really like your material stuff. You can even think that part of your identity is connected to those things, but nonetheless they remain separate from you. In contrast, your experiences really are part of you. We are the sum total of our experiences.”
<-S-N-I-P---A-G-A-I-N->
From my experience in life, this hits the nail on the head. Thanks for the post.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:08

Hey cmc Thank you for the kind words and thank you for all the wonderful hospitality you gave to me in Minneapolis you and your family made feel like I was family in your presence! Peace and One Love Brother!! See you in Milwaukee! and I want to say nice talking to you bv last night it's been awhile! Keep on Rocking!! See you down the road apiece!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 20:11 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:15

It was my pleasure stonesfrkk. I thoroughly enjoyed our trips to the stadium in the days prior to the show. What an amazing three days!! Milwaukee - see you there!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:16

Naturalust
Nikkei

Sold! We are talking about a tiny piece of plastic here right? It ain't gonna make you play like Mick Keith or Ronnie. But what the hell, I guess it's a step above holding on to things like confetti. grinning smiley

peace

Still got two pieces of Hyde Park confetti. How sad is that?

Date: June 4, 2015 20:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 20:40 by Nikkei.

Date: June 4, 2015 20:38

Amazing how Charlie holds it down. Great tension in the verses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 20:40 by Nikkei.

Date: June 4, 2015 20:45

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:46

This is a great piece; thanks for posting.
I agree with this 100%;

Nikkei
[www.fasthorseinc.com]

Here's some contemplations by one Andrew Miller, a man wo regrets missing out on the concert:

It’s 6:30 a.m. as I write this and I am staring regret in the face.
It didn’t have to be this way. I could have gone on Craigslist last night, found a seller, withdrew $150 from an ATM, arranged a hand-off, then gone on to experience one of the most memorable nights of my life.

What in the hell stopped me from going to see The Rolling Stones show last night at TCF Bank Stadium, mere miles from my front porch, for what was almost certainly the last time Mick & Co. performed in the Twin Cities? This isn’t the first time I’ve passed on going to an expensive concert — then regretted not going. I’ve always found it difficult to plop down mega bucks for just a few hours of entertainment. But according to mounting scientific evidence, my judgment is completely backward.

Dr. Thomas Gilovich, a professor of psychology at Cornell, has studied the correlation between money and happiness for nearly two decades. According to Gilovich’s research, there is no denying that buying material items makes us happy, but the feeling is fleeting. We adapt. We get used to that new Cadillac, big-screen TV or credenza. But for sustainable happiness and an ongoing sense of fulfillment, experiences have a much better ROI.“Our experiences are a bigger part of ourselves than our material goods,” said Gilovich in a recent Fast Company article. “You can really like your material stuff. You can even think that part of your identity is connected to those things, but nonetheless they remain separate from you. In contrast, your experiences really are part of you. We are the sum total of our experiences.”

One would think this finding exclusively pertain to good experiences. Fear of a rainy evening or a sleepy performance certainly factored into why I passed on the Stones show. Could’ve been a bummer. But bad experiences, it turns out, can also provide us happiness in the long run. According to the same Fast Company article, one study conducted by Gilovich even showed that if people have an experience they say negatively impacted their happiness, once they have the chance to talk about it, their assessment of that experience goes up.

So, maybe you’re reading this and you’re a little hungover. Your feet hurt from standing on the wet FieldTurf for five hours, your ears hurt from the wailing of Ronnie Wood’s guitar, you wish they would’ve played “Paint It Black” and you’re thinking about all of the things you won’t do this weekend to offset the expensive concert ticket. Well, you played your cards right. Science says go ahead and enjoy the memory of last night for the rest of your life. I’m going to check the upcoming concert schedule now."

-It picks up on some thoughts recently posted about the private show.

@Naturalust Guess you feel different when it's your first.

Date: June 4, 2015 20:47

Sorry, but I have to ask both cmc and stonesfrkk: did you get into the soundcheck, and if so, how?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 4, 2015 20:52

Green Lady
Naturalust
Nikkei

peace

Still got two pieces of Hyde Park confetti. How sad is that?

I obviously believe holding on to things like confetti is a bit over the top. I imagine there are people with dead white butterflies from the 1969 show too, strange as that might seem. I guess if it makes you feel good to look at or handle such momentos there is nothing wrong with it. Some might go so far as to say there is magic juju associated with objects like picks used by Mick or Keith and if they truly believe it, there just might be. smoking smiley

I mentioned the confetti because of one of bv's posts where he admitted to saving a bunch of the stuff from some show or another, so at least you are in good company! I can imagine a meaningful ceremony where you burned your two flakes in tribute to this wonderful band, sometime after they are gone of course. Or perhaps planted the stuff with the roots of a new tree or vegetable and allowed the magic to work it's way into the new life and truly give something a bit more tangible back to you. Judging from your name this is probably right up your alley.

peace

Date: June 4, 2015 20:53

You can listen to the soundcheck if you hang around near the venue.
Another question: Did Mick crank up a strong local accent in his stage banter or was it just me not getting it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home