Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 28
Re: Minneapolis MN USA 3-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 4, 2015 14:55

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
Picked 18/19 songs (see page 5). Missed on ADTL. Piece of cake...

And how did you guess OOC? smiling smiley

CMC did the soundcheck and Christiano reported it. They did OOC and Bitch at the soundcheck so my guess was backed up by that.

So you're not a wizard after all? winking smiley

Date: June 4, 2015 14:55

Salan
Sorry, if already posted: Gimme Shelter with Grace Potter:

Wow wee. That's hard to listen to. Hopefully that's a one and done cause Arlington deserves Lisa Come on Mick let that be a learning experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 15:12 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:58

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
Picked 18/19 songs (see page 5). Missed on ADTL. Piece of cake...

And how did you guess OOC? smiling smiley

CMC did the soundcheck and Christiano reported it. They did OOC and Bitch at the soundcheck so my guess was backed up by that.

So you're not a wizard after all? winking smiley

Hardly. I was even stupid enough to believe they were going to play two of the voting songs! (Bitch and Like a Rolling Stone)

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:59

little queenie
cmc
Grace Potter rocked Shelter with MJ.

I don't think she did at all....I think the last 2/3rd of it were weak with Mick waiting for her to do more...but she was waiting for Mick to sing...you couldn't hear her well...in the end Lisa picked up her slack!
T

Totally agree

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:03

Maybe Grace didn't have the great voice but she certainly had the great looks. Reminds me of Lisa 20 years ago...

Posted by: MJ78 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:08

She was hot!!!!

Posted by: Jeffer ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:12

Ycagwyw

Posted by: Jeffer ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:13

roller99
I;m sure someone here can tell which song, which bar, etc… smiling smiley

YCAGWYW

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:58

The Sicilian
wellalright
what's not respectable about this show? i'm sure for many on this tour, it's the first time they've seen the band. yeah, lets do "can you hear the music" and "ventilator blues"

Dude if you don't get it yet you never will. Please already with the first time seeing them crap. They have been around over 50 years, if you haven't seen them yet well too bad already. What now, we are pleasing 15 year olds and some spoiled millennials?

For better and worse, the stadium energy level rises during well-known songs. That's true for any band, anywhere. It's really a question of Mick not feeling comfortable with a lower energy crowd than anything.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:04

Ended up not having any time as I landed at 2:00 p.m., so no Mall of America for us. Headed to the Hotel, did some shopping downtown with my daughter (no sales tax!), and grabbed a light dinner before heading over to the stadium, just in time to see the weather clear. We had a terrific view on Keith's side a couple rows behind BV, the only disadvantage being a young couple with android phones who haven't yet learned how to take photos without holding their phones high above their heads - oh well, they seemed so happy to be there. A warm, relaxed show and a great audience on a gorgeous night. Here's "Moonlight Mile".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 16:08 by drbryant.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:19

Lots of complaints about the quality of the sound. Many people are saying U2 sounded much better at the same venue.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:24

That MM was frakkin' great! I pray that I catch it this tour.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:32

MingSubu
That MM was frakkin' great! I pray that I catch it this tour.

You and me both MingSubu

I hope they're not going to alternate playing this during the tour.
Moonlight Mile needs to to be in the setlist each show.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:43

Brstonesfan
We are very jaded fans as we ( or most of us) have been to so many shows and know everything they have played live since 69....The reality is they must appeal to the masses who want and quite frankly deserve the hits. We are spoiled by their longevity and take it for granted ...it is not an excuse for their failing to mix it up a bit, but they seem to have got this thing down for 53 yrsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

that does not have to be the reality, they make it so. There are bands that play what they want and drag the crowd along with them for better or worse. The grateful dead come to mind and they certianly had no issues selling out stadium afer stadium. Believe it or not it would likely increase ticket sales for them and you'd have a hell of a lot more people traveling for as many shows as they could make. I'd love to see mixed up set lists, but its not happening, so I'll catch 5 shows instead of as many as I could see.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:46

MingSubu
That MM was frakkin' great!

It was it was! Thank you DrBryant, and thank you Rolling Stones

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:52

forsure
Brstonesfan
We are very jaded fans as we ( or most of us) have been to so many shows and know everything they have played live since 69....The reality is they must appeal to the masses who want and quite frankly deserve the hits. We are spoiled by their longevity and take it for granted ...it is not an excuse for their failing to mix it up a bit, but they seem to have got this thing down for 53 yrsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

that does not have to be the reality, they make it so. There are bands that play what they want and drag the crowd along with them for better or worse. The grateful dead come to mind and they certianly had no issues selling out stadium afer stadium. Believe it or not it would likely increase ticket sales for them and you'd have a hell of a lot more people traveling for as many shows as they could make. I'd love to see mixed up set lists, but its not happening, so I'll catch 5 shows instead of as many as I could see.

the model for a dead show is totally different. apples and oranges.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:53

Impossible to compare the Dead and the Stones, both two of my favorites, both completely different animals.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:57

Out of Control and start of HTW.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:59

Moonlight Mile every night, PLEASE!!!

I would love Out of Control every night, like the Europeans got last summer!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 4, 2015 16:59

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY HERE.

I´m here in Berlin, still Waldbühne in my blood, but far away from any Zip Code

tonight I was part of the gig again.

Thanks to those periscope-Heroes I sat at 4 o´clock in the night on my sofa woke up by my cat (thanks Burschi!!) and was in middle of the opining act and first 6
songs!

As a IORR´rer who is far away from the tour-locations you can feel safe here - the heroes will look after for you.

BV - as always with a short review right after the gig and a then a big good one later.

dbryant - fast and precise, humorous!!

AND: Cristiano R. - what a job again from your home feeding us with pictures and
insight´s from all the reachable sources of your Stones-univers.
Chistiano, BV really should ask the Stones to hire you as our paid fan-connector!

Thanks: IORR is already and again on Tour-fire right on time!

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 17:05

I know it's only been three shows (Ok 5 if you include the two non stadium shows), but of the stadium shows, this is by far the best setlist in my opinion.

Although we all ask them to take chances and play some of the non hits and I don't think they will veer too far from what we have already seen and heard, I would love to see them replicate this setlist in Pittsburgh or Buffalo. Please, no YGMR.

Date: June 4, 2015 17:06

crawdaddy
Out of Control and start of HTW.

Agree Out Of Control Every Night

Date: June 4, 2015 17:10

well I'm doing it, so it's not a) impossiable, nor is it b) apples and oranges. Different style yes, but the concept can be applied via any band. Play the same list night after night, or mix it up and keep things interesting and exciting. Extend your crowd base some credit that they can grasp that you as musician don't want to play the same song night after night after night due to bordome, so guess what folks, you might not get satisfaction tonight. It is too late in the game anyways and I still go, but there is no reason other than lazyness that they can't have a rotating list of 60-70 songs to draw from each night. I hope I don't get Columbuse'd in Orlando, Pitt, Buffalo and Quebec City (edit- and don't get me wrong, I had a freaking BLAST in Columbus)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 17:11 by forsure.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 17:22

Decent set list - OOC helps a lot

Date: June 4, 2015 17:29

forsure
well I'm doing it, so it's not a) impossiable, nor is it b) apples and oranges. Different style yes, but the concept can be applied via any band. Play the same list night after night, or mix it up and keep things interesting and exciting. Extend your crowd base some credit that they can grasp that you as musician don't want to play the same song night after night after night due to bordome, so guess what folks, you might not get satisfaction tonight. It is too late in the game anyways and I still go, but there is no reason other than lazyness that they can't have a rotating list of 60-70 songs to draw from each night. I hope I don't get Columbuse'd in Orlando, Pitt, Buffalo and Quebec City (edit- and don't get me wrong, I had a freaking BLAST in Columbus)

This just in;

Mick Jagger and the Stones are lazy. You heard it hear first.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 4, 2015 17:35

forsure

lol....Well, you wouldn't want that to happen again..........cool smiley

Date: June 4, 2015 17:39

i'm talking about their approach to the music. they obviously have earned it and do what the F they want. I go, i have fun, I love it. To spend all that money and time on doing this as a hobby is it no OK to wish for more?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 4, 2015 17:42

forsure
i'm talking about their approach to the music. they obviously have earned it and do what the F they want. I go, i have fun, I love it. To spend all that money and time on doing this as a hobby is it no OK to wish for more?

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding you............smileys with beer

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 4, 2015 17:53

forsure

It is somewhat amusing to me, as I contemplate possible retirement before the age of 60, that anyone would consider the workload undertaken by Mick, Keith and Charlie in their 70's as resulting from "laziness". If they don't need the money, then why continue to work? I can't think of anything other than a deep passion for what you do. It would be interesting to hear what others on this board in their 70's do with their time. I'm not planning to be working that hard.

I actually think that the Stones don't understand the concept of playing a different show every night. Thats never been the way they have done things. Since 1964, they work on a show they think will be pleasing to the audience and they do their best to deliver it every night. It's how the Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Cream and everyone else did things. younger acts understand that these days, fans go to many shows around the world on a single tour, or follow every show on the Internet. I'm not sure that registers with the Stones or other older acts.

Date: June 4, 2015 17:54

EddieByword
forsure

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding you............smileys with beer

MORE MORE MORE.
A life of excess. That is what the Stones are all about.

Sex, Drugs and The Rolling Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home