Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

At Zip Code is the same overacting announcer then at 14 on fire - don´t like him that much
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 2, 2015 14:27

When I heard him in Germany last year and on Zip Code San Diego and Columbus this year I must say: His way announcing the Stones doesn´t turn me on.
In contrary his overacting way disturbs the high, engergized mood you are
in the seconds the boys are coming on.

Re: At Zip Code is the same overacting announcer then at 14 on fire - don´t like him that much
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 2, 2015 14:39

Must be Matt Clifford I guess,as he announced for Europe Tour .

Wasn't there a competition to announce at one of these shows. Haven't heard who the winner was.

Re: At Zip Code is the same overacting announcer then at 14 on fire - don´t like him that much
Date: June 2, 2015 16:15

I find that intro quite soberly done...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:43

DandelionPowderman
I find that intro quite soberly done...

I agree!

But the bottom line is that I don't really care about the announcer that much - I'm more interested in what comes after winking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:24

They didn't use a spoken intro for decades. I think that 1981 was the last that I can remember. Then, they brought it back for the 50th Anniversary tour. I guess they liked it because they continued to use it.

I actually liked it when the start of the show is announced with a famous riff from Keith, and Voodoo Lounge, where the opening segues into the drum beat to "Not Fade Away" was cool. But, I don't mind the announcer - it's part of history, I gues.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:30

drbryant
They didn't use a spoken intro for decades. I think that 1981 was the last that I can remember.
huh? Michael Cohl announced all club shows on Licks as "Ladies and gentleman with the final piece of their (club city) trilogy...the Rolling Stones!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 17:31 by mnewman505.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:00

Wow you people find anything to bitch about.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:26

I didn't even notice that there was an announcer at any of the 2012-2014 shows I was at

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:32

More Hot Rocks

Hey you just shut it, pal! Why you gotta bitch about people bitching?!!? Why, you are bitching about people bitching and now... you got me bitching, now, hey...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:16

i hate to agree with this but i did notice that announcer was not exactly ya ya's material.

there was an article about sam cutler going to a show for the first time in years and he said something about the stage announcer being "weak" or lame or something which i thought was pretty funny.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:21

to Quote Hillary " what does it matter "

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:52

GasLightStreet
More Hot Rocks

Hey you just shut it, pal! Why you gotta bitch about people bitching?!!? Why, you are bitching about people bitching and now... you got me bitching, now, hey...

Wanna beer with me? I'll buy.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:54

GasLightStreet
More Hot Rocks

Hey Gaslight. I heard bitch was dedicated to you the other night

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:59

Mick should do it himself like he did at the Trabendo !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 2, 2015 20:42

I would give anything to be that guy.

You don't have to pay me Charlie, just invite to the shows! lol

It would such a treat to get to introduce the band.
I would feel like Bill Graham.
He was so good at introducing people.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 2, 2015 20:49

I also find the announcer highly annoying!! It's so much cooler to just see Keith walking out on stage without any introduction. The announcer they have now makes it feel like your about to watch some phony circus act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 20:50 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: June 3, 2015 00:22

The Best ever ever was Bill Graham during the 1981/82 Tour.

He was really electrifying.

Sam Cutler & Bill - the best.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 00:33

TheBlockbuster
I also find the announcer highly annoying!! It's so much cooler to just see Keith walking out on stage without any introduction. The announcer they have now makes it feel like your about to watch some phony circus act.

best Vegas-era intro IMO was 89 - no announcer, continental drift -> keith on start me up.

81 was great, with take the A-train

69 and cutler the best low-tech opener.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 3, 2015 00:36

mnewman505
drbryant
They didn't use a spoken intro for decades. I think that 1981 was the last that I can remember.
huh? Michael Cohl announced all club shows on Licks as "Ladies and gentleman with the final piece of their (club city) trilogy...the Rolling Stones!!"

OK, my "club show" was at the Budokan, so I missed that.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:15

actually I think Matt Clifford is doing a fine job with the announcement...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:26

I love the new announcement!!

And why overacting?

It's the ROOOLLLLIIIINNNGGG STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:27

Turner68
TheBlockbuster

best Vegas-era intro IMO was 89 - no announcer, continental drift -> keith on start me up.

81 was great, with take the A-train

69 and cutler the best low-tech opener.

yes, yes and yes. Continental Drift, evocation of Brian, worked perfectly. Duke is a close second, it fit the show somehow. Cutler with the classic understatement. Even the intros used to be special.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:34

The Stones need an announcer like a fish needs a bicycle. Like someone doesn't know who is taking the stage? What's the point? The first Keith chords of any opener they choose to play is the true announcement of what's to come.

Although I do know a pretty good cowbell phrase that would be awesome to start shows. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:55

gotdablouse
Mick should do it himself like he did at the Trabendo !

and in '78.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:05

Stones could give Danny Ray a gig ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: June 3, 2015 07:56

I think it was Mick Jagger at the Trabendo.Yes ?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:16

GasLightStreet

Hey you just shut it, pal! Why you gotta bitch about people bitching?!!? Why, you are bitching about people bitching and now... you got me bitching, now, hey...[/quote

Ah yes, the only "new" song to be granted warhorse status, "I said hey, hey, you got me bitchin' now" while the audience pumps their fist in the air as one.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:28

...Self-censorship at work...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 08:38 by Stoneage.

Date: June 3, 2015 12:49

Naturalust
The Stones need an announcer like a fish needs a bicycle. Like someone doesn't know who is taking the stage? What's the point? The first Keith chords of any opener they choose to play is the true announcement of what's to come.

Although I do know a pretty good cowbell phrase that would be awesome to start shows. smoking smiley

peace

Yeah, right. They don´t really need an announcer.
BUT: If they have one, then this guy should do it right.
BECAUSE AS YOU SAY IT: Announcing the main act is not neccessary for information - it is only and allone for cooking up the tension to the climax.
And that shoiuld be not done by a good and brave guy like Matt.
It must be a crazy beast like old Bill G.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:33

I prefer no announcer. Just need a blackened stage, then.....BOOM!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home